S&B QA - Part 10

Barbarian
Prev 1 2 3 25 Next
09/15/2013 04:41 PMPosted by Fizzlesprig
Any sword and boarders in here hoarding some insanely high EHP gear? I'm interested!

someone in here may have some insanely insane blackthorne pants...but you didn't hear that from me ;)

Easy one (and i think already answered, but im not able to find it):

Since block amount is only betwen 3706-4706, its 100 armor more important than 5% block rate?

I mean: 1200 armor with 25% chance to block > 1100 armor with 30% chance to block?

because block is calculated last after all the dmg resistance, that 5% block is quite significant.

So the way it works is that all dmg reduction comes off incoming damage first, then dodge is checked, if it isn't dodged, then block is checked. If block is successful, a random amount within the block range is calculated and that is taken off the incoming damage amount. So if a monster was to hit you for 6k life, and you block 4500 of it, it becomes quite significant
Hi :)
Gratz for this long-living thread !

I want to give you a really difficult task, may I ? ^^
Can you tell me something that I don't know or miss, just by looking at my profile ?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/fr/profile/Rootsmann-2838/hero/24641189

I told you, it is a hard task :p

I wish you a good time playing S&B
Cheers :)
Well had a good laugh this morning. Was juggling gear and broke the 1mil ehp mark by accident.

http://d3up.com/b/333214
Still only 174k dps unbuffed but looks cool with 1mil ehp and a tdps of 666,836.71
Dont know how viable a play build it is but its a nice number to look at
09/15/2013 07:15 PMPosted by fabbyhunter
Any sword and boarders in here hoarding some insanely high EHP gear? I'm interested!

someone in here may have some insanely insane blackthorne pants...but you didn't hear that from me ;)

Easy one (and i think already answered, but im not able to find it):

Since block amount is only betwen 3706-4706, its 100 armor more important than 5% block rate?

I mean: 1200 armor with 25% chance to block > 1100 armor with 30% chance to block?

because block is calculated last after all the dmg resistance, that 5% block is quite significant.

So the way it works is that all dmg reduction comes off incoming damage first, then dodge is checked, if it isn't dodged, then block is checked. If block is successful, a random amount within the block range is calculated and that is taken off the incoming damage amount. So if a monster was to hit you for 6k life, and you block 4500 of it, it becomes quite significant

neither my old ones or ballers beat fizzles ones ehp wise. only a nice pair of bt with same res, 2 os and high vit roll would rock his.
09/15/2013 04:41 PMPosted by Fizzlesprig

Well, I'd say that it's the main goal of S&Bing, unless I don't get something?

Well, it is at least my goal. I wanna reach 200k DPS (with SOJ) and 1m EHP minimum. My current gear will be enough when I get to paragon 100, but I can improve it a lot I guess with some good crafts (which don't come yet, but did not craft more than 200 so.. can't complain).

I think going over 1m EHP is getting useless though. At 1m, you can use only 3% LS and still facetank and take on whatever damage comes to you. 250k DPS with SOJ is more than enough for MP10 too so, aftyer that is only for the shows :)
Hi :)
Gratz for this long-living thread !

I want to give you a really difficult task, may I ? ^^
Can you tell me something that I don't know or miss, just by looking at my profile ?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/fr/profile/Rootsmann-2838/hero/24641189

I told you, it is a hard task :p

I wish you a good time playing S&B
Cheers :)

hey rootsman, as a hardcore char, you've beefed up your vit and armor which is necessary...but you only have 377 all resists on gear. I'd feel more comfortable for you if you had around 600 all resists on gear
Well, it is at least my goal. I wanna reach 200k DPS (with SOJ) and 1m EHP minimum. My current gear will be enough when I get to paragon 100, but I can improve it a lot I guess with some good crafts (which don't come yet, but did not craft more than 200 so.. can't complain).

I think going over 1m EHP is getting useless though. At 1m, you can use only 3% LS and still facetank and take on whatever damage comes to you. 250k DPS with SOJ is more than enough for MP10 too so, aftyer that is only for the shows :)

Well, I'm at 1.35 Million on my HC barb, and I don't feel safe enough :p
http://d3up.com/b/1066731
My goal would be 2 Million EHP and 200 K dps I would say ^^
For now I've crafted good EHP shoulders, but I need more OP gear of that kind to approach my goal ^^
And I should find a weapon like your's *_*
Well had a good laugh this morning. Was juggling gear and broke the 1mil ehp mark by accident.

http://d3up.com/b/333214
Still only 174k dps unbuffed but looks cool with 1mil ehp and a tdps of 666,836.71
Dont know how viable a play build it is but its a nice number to look at

lol...it looks great. Although killing at very high mp might take a little longer, Its still viable

09/16/2013 06:52 AMPosted by AlNeo
neither my old ones or ballers beat fizzles ones ehp wise. only a nice pair of bt with same res, 2 os and high vit roll would rock his.

hmmm, i guess I'm remembering wrong, I thought baller's old pants were better ehp wise, but maybe they didn't have the ar? Who has those pants now?
09/16/2013 07:37 AMPosted by fabbyhunter
hey rootsman, as a hardcore char, you've beefed up your vit and armor which is necessary...but you only have 377 all resists on gear. I'd feel more comfortable for you if you had around 600 all resists on gear

Thank you very much.
I totally agree with your statement :D I dream of this 600 allres on gear.
I'm playing self-found, but you can be sure that I'll do something for it as soon as I can !

Any other thing I look to miss ? If it's only about my @res (and I know I lack it) I'm happy to be an OK S&B :)
09/16/2013 07:46 AMPosted by Rootsmann

Thank you very much.
I totally agree with your statement :D I dream of this 600 allres on gear.
I'm playing self-found, but you can be sure that I'll do something for it as soon as I can !

Any other thing I look to miss ? If it's only about my @res (and I know I lack it) I'm happy to be an OK S&B :)

well something else that you can do is raise up your critical damage. A socketed weapon would be a good start. If you're playing self found, you just have to work and grind away. I think your char is pretty darn good for self found
09/16/2013 07:54 AMPosted by fabbyhunter
well something else that you can do is raise up your critical damage. A socketed weapon would be a good start. If you're playing self found, you just have to work and grind away. I think your char is pretty darn good for self found

Thank you. I have a socketed weapon with Emerald, but it is a mighty weapon :(
Will grind ;)
I'm also dreaming for a good 10CC shield... Gaaahhh ^^

Or I could drop the shield for the mighty weapon... no I'm kidding ;)
09/16/2013 08:03 AMPosted by Rootsmann

Will grind ;)

I'm actually thinking of starting a self found monk once my barb hits p100 (should be done this week). I've been hording dex gear and i've actually found some really decent pieces. As you can see my barb is 100% self found
09/16/2013 08:46 AMPosted by fabbyhunter
I'm actually thinking of starting a self found monk once my barb hits p100 (should be done this week). I've been hording dex gear and i've actually found some really decent pieces. As you can see my barb is 100% self found

GL for the P100 :)
Start a HC self-found monk ! Other wise he will be twinked with the stuff you founded farming mp10 :p
Actually I can't really see that your barb is 100% selffound :p You have a beast of a barbarian !

Will grind ;)

I found a teeming necklace once.
As you can see my barb is 100% self found

If I were you id buy a lottery ticket ASAP
09/16/2013 12:10 PMPosted by Shaman
As you can see my barb is 100% self found

6k elite kills and his gear is better than 90% of the playerbase. Definitely screams self found =P
09/16/2013 12:30 PMPosted by tomcruise
6k elite kills and his gear is better than 90% of the playerbase. Definitely screams self found =P

I found all of my gear too, all by myself.
09/16/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Shaman

i looted my marquise gems from diablo.
It is really a grind, grinding AH for hours every day, for me, really requires some discipline, but it is worth after all, me and my buddy daywalk3r self-finding all day just for fun. The satisfaction is much greater.
09/16/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Rootsmann

GL for the P100 :)
Start a HC self-found monk ! Other wise he will be twinked with the stuff you founded farming mp10 :p
Actually I can't really see that your barb is 100% selffound :p You have a beast of a barbarian !

I found a teeming necklace once.

09/16/2013 12:30 PMPosted by tomcruise

09/16/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Shaman

hahahahaha....

If master Yoda was here, he'd probably say something along the lines of:

"Lost in you, sarcasm is. Hmmmmmm."

:P