S&B QA - Part 10

Barbarian
Prev 1 5 6 7 25 Next
Grats Fabby!
I see that you broke 100 after your encounter with "The Boss" =D

09/21/2013 11:04 AMPosted by BumblyWumbly
Getting super close now. I know all about the boss. Mine is encouraging me to bake cookies this afternoon.

ohh saying stuff about sinafae outside of the monk forum are we .. but yay yummy cookies! =)

I haven't got "The Boss" yet ... but she's getting stronger and soon she'll morph into one =D
Grats Fabby!
I see that you broke 100 after your encounter with "The Boss" =D

Getting super close now. I know all about the boss. Mine is encouraging me to bake cookies this afternoon.

ohh saying stuff about sinafae outside of the monk forum are we .. but yay yummy cookies! =)

I haven't got "The Boss" yet ... but she's getting stronger and soon she'll morph into one =D

hahaha...thanks. Got to p100 finally.

QH, whether you chose to believe it or not...she's already the boss. She's just good at keeping you thinking that you're in charge. Once you get a little older, you'll understand lol...for now, don't worry about it lol
Ok guys, I have a dilemma I hope you can help me with. I built a set that was originally for Fabby, but he had geared himself already. I now find myself in need of a MONK set recipient. The set is on my monk Clare but I do not have gems to go with it.

Requirements are you must be a S&B Barb (no fakers) and have hit at least P50 on him/her. Your monk must be UNDER P20 and not already geared.

Other than that please do not flood this thread with responses, just hit me up in game.
09/22/2013 10:37 PMPosted by Wannabee808
Ok guys, I have a dilemma I hope you can help me with. I built a set that was originally for Fabby, but he had geared himself already. I now find myself in need of a MONK set recipient. The set is on my monk Clare but I do not have gems to go with it.

Those Lacunis @.@
Those Lacunis @.@

:P Glad you like them Kan!
@fabby,
Oh yeah she's the boss no doubt, but then again I wouldn't wanted it any other way, that's why I asked her to marry me about a month and a half ago.
Nice monk you got yourself there :) how much did you built it for? And mempo instead of radiance? For the Ehp?

@Wanna,
Wow nice monk you built there, how much in total? and yes that lacuni! XD
And how much for the sword? Wanted to see how that'll pair with a cd os ef for the nirvana build. :)
Ohh yeah I haven't forgot that we still need to run ubers with our snb barbs :)
good run with the monks.... until the ubers :(
luckily we had you.. Basically you were carrying us lol
Hey Tran, not sure how much. I built this set from items in my stash. Are you on now? I can jump on for a quick uber run if you want.

Requirements are you must be a S&B Barb (no fakers) and have hit at least P50 on him/her. Your monk must be UNDER P20 and not already geared.

Other than that please do not flood this thread with responses, just hit me up in game.

Wanna, messaged me with a surprise late last night about him building a set for me. I never asked him to build the set for me, but it was something that he did out of his own kindness and generosity. i was floored cause no one else in this game after 1.5 years has ever took the initiative to do something like that.

but unfortunately, I had already geared my monk. I already had most of the pieces which I was hoarding, i added a cheap skorn and the chest via ah. The skorn is decent when you look at the stats, but the price was more than 50% off. I had no choice but to snag it at 1d 11hr

WANNA!! you're a shield brother forever bro!!!

Wanna, i have a spare 4.5CC, 9ias nats ring in my stash if you want it. You mentioned you had to change the boots because you didn't have the ring. But if you're gonna give the ring away...

@fabby,
Oh yeah she's the boss no doubt, but then again I wouldn't wanted it any other way, that's why I asked her to marry me about a month and a half ago.
Nice monk you got yourself there :) how much did you built it for? And mempo instead of radiance? For the Ehp?

QH, congrats on the marriage plans (i assume she said yes)

I chose mempo because i had that thing in my stash. I had most of the pieces in my stash and i'm trying to keep it as self found as possible. I was going dual wield with a 3LS fist weap, an ias sword, and a cheapo chest I had and i was getting owned over and over by certain elites at mp7. That's when i decided that i needed some reinforment lol

Decided to go with a skorn because it was the cheaper option compared to the high end LS fist weapons I was looking at. So off to ah I went and saw the usual 1.2b to 2b skorn variety...then, like an oasis in the desert, I saw this skorn at 475m...1d 11hr, I clicked buyout immediately. I added the chest from ah for 100m. I had the other pieces already.

I'm tempted to upgrade the mempo to at least a 5CC one (and yea, i like the mempo for the ehp). I've decided that the amulet will be a craft

So although the char is called "self-found", i should rename it "mostly" self found lol
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=68866565&f=153&o=0

Gosh... I want it LOL
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=68866565&f=153&o=0

Gosh... I want it LOL

its nice! but i have a feeling that he will have a hard time trying to sell that for 35b after the Expac and loot 2.0 announcement
So I was wondering why my monk was doing so bad with nirvana and it turns out I was using combination strike instead of beacon... I forgot to switch that passive :(
@wanna,
I'm at my fiancé's place so I can't get on... Luckily I brought the IPad over
I'll be coming home tonight so we can do it then or tomorrow :)
Nice stash item :)
Your sword is over 100 mil for sure

@ fabby,
Thanks and nice buy on the skorn :D
I think someone forgot a 1 in front of that number

@xxxkan
Don't put out too much gold right now.
Best thing is to just max out paragon on alts
09/23/2013 11:15 AMPosted by xxxkan
So I was wondering why my monk was doing so bad with nirvana and it turns out I was using combination strike instead of beacon... I forgot to switch that passive :(

ya, if you're going for that kind of build, your skills and passive should look something like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UYeSXk!bXV!bcaZYa
Instead of Binding Flash I use Dashing Strike. As for the rest of the skills it's the same as mine except for the passive because I forgot to take out combination strike from my previous.

@QH

Yea I stopped spending gold on upgrades since I hardly play anymore anyways.

@ fabby,
Thanks and nice buy on the skorn :D
I think someone forgot a 1 in front of that number

bigtime!! Skorns like that were 3b+ not that long ago...i'm just looking for panic sells lol...swoop in and get some bargains

@xxxkan
Don't put out too much gold right now.

09/23/2013 11:41 AMPosted by xxxkan
Yea I stopped spending gold on upgrades since I hardly play anymore anyways.

you know, as much as I hate to not spend on upgrades now, my monk is underpowered.

i regretfully will have to upgrade 2-3 pieces on him. A CC mempo is next. I see the prices have dropped bigtime on the 5+CC ones. I also need new bracers and maybe an ammy. I'm not gonig to sit there and craft another 2k ammy's hoping for a good one.

So much for the "self found" lol
you know, as much as I hate to not spend on upgrades now, my monk is underpowered.

i regretfully will have to upgrade 2-3 pieces on him. A CC mempo is next. I see the prices have dropped bigtime on the 5+CC ones. I also need new bracers and maybe an ammy. I'm not gonig to sit there and craft another 2k ammy's hoping for a good one.

So much for the "self found" lol

Yeah Self found was made very hard (near impossible) with the existence of the AH, especially if you hope to farm high MPs. And when everyone sells their stuff, I still think it is a good time to upgrade because you won't get all that godly loot 2.0 in the first week. So being well prepared is the best you can do for now. there are still about 6 months to go. I really hope I will have the time to paragon my barb to 100 (I get a bit more time to play now!) and start a new one with its gear to amass some good paragon points for the xpac! :)

I think that maxing 2-3 chars to 100 with the same gear is the way to go!

Anyways, good luck for your monk fabby. I May have some pieces to give to you depending of what you need. I have a 4.5CC mempo among them and some other stuff. Ask what you need and maybe I can help :)

Edit: Don't bother looking at her gear, I'm kinda trying to amass some stuff to gear her for PvP (for the lolz)
Anyways, good luck for your monk fabby. I May have some pieces to give to you depending of what you need. I have a 4.5CC mempo among them and some other stuff. Ask what you need and maybe I can help :)

...Spills my coffee all over the keyboard and falls off my chair...

:D

Thnx for the kind offer redeemer but i've bought a mempo for my monk
09/23/2013 11:56 AMPosted by fabbyhunter

I really want a new WKL and Nat Boots, but I am very cheap when it comes to upgrading :p
I think my S&B set up is pretty hunky dorey. What do ya'll think. I don't have the budget to upgrade off the AH now so can't wait for 2.0.

Trying to make a quad ammy and gloves. Also keep trying to upgrade my bracers and shoulders.
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2541/6ge9.jpg

Keep your eyes open for deals people, even though this has less block, and no elite/melee reduction, as well as less armor, I survive the same, and deal more DPS than with SS ;)

Someone once told me that we generate fury when we block. I haven't reviewed video, but I do not think this is the case?