auction house shut down?

General Discussion
i don't mind it and all but what does this mean about the gold currency? will gold be totally worthless once the auction house shuts down?
There is the mystic, transmog, hopefully gambling at some point, that's always a gold sink. Gold sinks are quite easy to come up with even if its just cosmetic stuff.
so do we just buy gold until they shut it down?
09/17/2013 08:31 PMPosted by kurisuchann

No, you sell gold until they shut it down.
09/17/2013 08:32 PMPosted by MajorAjer

No, you sell gold until they shut it down.

Don't we need gold for crafting and other stuffs still?
09/17/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Chamelenia
Don't we need gold for crafting and other stuffs still?

as a non-flipper, I run out of gold all the time. even if I wanted to sell off my spare gold, I dont even have a tenth of the mininum sale amount.

I have about 400 demonic essences I cant craft anythign with cause i ran out of gold to craft with. again.

so yes, unless you have an absurd abundance of gold, you will be needing gold in ros to craft.
if anything people will use it even more from now till patch... for..

GEMS..

Transmog LooT

Gold...

people will buy a stock pile of gold before the AH go down.. watch and see. then when they are off.. they won't have to grind for gold for use of crafts, mogs and upgrades... they will cost gold. just saying... $5 thats what i think some might pay.. $5 worth of gold.. should be enough for a bit.
yeah i was thinking the same thing, to buy gold until the auction house shuts down. if theres no auction house, how will we be able to make game currency? by picking up gold on the ground? lame
I personally don't craft since it takes too many items in D3 to do so, it was easier in D2, ah the good ol' days. I don't Uber in D3 because it takes too long to run a key warden because you need 5 NV just to do so making it take too long just for one possible drop. They've made most everything about Diablo 2 more difficult to accomplish in D3 that there really isn't much worth doing in D3 but MF which won't be worth doing so until loot 2.0 comes out but then without the AH you'll have no way of getting rid of that good loot. I could go on and on but from the looks of it Blizzard has no freakin' idea of how to make D3 have any replayability at all....