Technical Support

6d Ending Support for Windows XP and Vista On October 24 of this year, we will be ending support for Windows XP and Windows Vista for Hearthstone. Microsoft ceased mainstream support for these versions of Windows in 2009 and 2012, respectively, but since a decent portion of our audience was still using them at the time, we continued supporting them. However, there have been three major Windows releases since Vista, and at this point, the vast majority of our audience has upgraded to one of the newer versions. After these older operating systems are no longer supported, the games will not run on them, so we encourage any players who are still using one of the older OSes to upgrade to a newer version. We’ll be rolling out this change on a staggered schedule and will post further notices as we get closer to making the change for each game. Please see the other game sites for when Windows XP and Vista support will end for other Blizzard titles.Zeriyah85 6d
Dec 5 CROWDS on Twitter - The Fifth Season Do you like helping other players? Have a good knowledge of Blizzard games and services? Then this might be for you! Keep reading, adventurer. "So… what's this CROWDS thing about?", you might ask yourself. CROWDS is a community-based support initiative that allows players to help their fellow adventurers through Twitter, using an Android-based mobile app tied to our Twitter channels. This app allows you to see and respond to tweets that are asking Blizzard for help. You can find more detailed information on CROWDS and how to use the app on our support site article. It doesn't matter if you've participated in previous seasons or are just thinking about joining now, we would love to see you take part and, just like the previous seasons, we even have some prizes ready for the best contributors. We know, we know, helping others is its own reward… but a bit extra doesn't hurt either, does it? So, if you manage to outshine your fellow participants, you'll be able to choose from some fancy rewards. It doesn't matter what the Kobolds say, you DO take candle*. *Candle proved too difficult to take, you'll be able to choose from the following: Hearthstone: Card Packs (x7), including Kobolds & Catacombs! Heroes of the Storm: Loot Chests (x12) Overwatch: Loot Boxes (x11) StarCraft II: Co-op Commanders (pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) StarCraft II: Announcers(pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) NOTE: Please be aware that using protected Tweets may prevent others from viewing your responses, disqualifying you from participation. Be sure to set your Tweets to public in order to remain visible and eligible for potential rewards!Vrakthris0 Dec 5
Aug 16, 2013 Welcome to Hearthstone Tech Support! Welcome to the Technical Support forum for Hearthstone. This forum exists to provide Hearthstone customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 7am-8pm Pacific, 7 days a week) and will do their best to assist you with your issue. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues at http://battle.net/support/ and if unable to locate a solution, please go ahead and create a new post regarding your issue using the guidelines below. Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. Bug reports should be directed to the Bug Report forum. Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the appropriate gameplay forums. When requesting assistance with or discussion an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored. Please post a subject with a clear summary of your issue. Starting posts with "I need help!" or "Can't play no matter what" only serves to make your issue harder to resolve. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but posting in an abusive or disparaging manner will not be tolerated, and does not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is acceptable to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting the information here on the forum is not permitted. To provide feedback on a ticket or customer support response you have received, please utilize the survey system built in-game or on the online ticket. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolutions to their issues. To help do this we ask that the Forum Code of Conduct and forum guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to discussions.Velnrak0 Aug 16, 2013
Apr 17, 2015 Android Phone Installation - Not Enough Space We are currently aware of an issue players may experience when installing Hearthstone on Android Phone devices. This can be caused by altering the default installation location or not having enough space in the installation destination. Hearthstone for Android phones must be downloaded to your internal memory. We recommend having 2GB of free space available to account for any future updates. Before opening/installing Hearthstone, move the app to an SD card if your device allows it. We recommend opening/installing Hearthstone AFTER it has been moved. Our Hearthstone System Requirements article has information regarding the minimum requirements for devices to be eligible for installation. If you have additional questions about Hearthstone, feel free to check out our Frequently Asked Questions!Glaxigrav0 Apr 17, 2015
Jan 15, 2015 Patching and Installation Patching and installation issues are some of the more common issues that we come across in the Tech Support Forums. This thread will highlight some troubleshooting steps that have been proven to resolve most of the patching and installation issues that you as a player may encounter. Most of the support articles linked below will include steps for both, Windows and Mac systems. However, if you require further assistance with a Mac Installation or Patching issue that has not been mentioned in this sticky thread, you will want to post in our Mac Technical Support Forum. Installation Troubleshooting Steps Patch Troubleshooting StepsDankorii2 Jan 15, 2015
Jul 1 Common Connection and Latency Issues Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpDrakuloth4 Jul 1
Jul 20, 2015 Hearthstone Account Security Reminder We want everyone’s experience with Hearthstone to be fun and as free of issues as possible. With that in mind, we’d like to share a quick reminder regarding your Hearthstone account security. To have the best experience with Hearthstone, we recommend that you avoid rooting or jailbreaking the device you use to play. Doing so can cause adverse effects: • It can increase your exposure to malware • Unpredictable results can occur when running Hearthstone on such a device • You might experience bugs or instability that you otherwise wouldn’t In addition, it’s important that you never share your account information with others. A Blizzard employee will never ask for your password, and sharing it puts your account security at risk.Daxxarri0 Jul 20, 2015
2d Common solutions In many cases Hearthstone doesn't work for people and after helping them a few have said one of the answers I provided worked out for them. Yet many of these easy/quick fixes aren't always known among the community and some are left with no answer. (Even though I check the forums basically every day, every now and then some do slip past.) So... If you are having issues running Hearthstone here are the common issues and possible solutions. :) (Note; all of these solutions assume you meet the minimum requirements for Hearthstone. Obviously if you don't then there is a higher chance you'll have problems that can't be resolved.) - - - Other games run fine, but Hearthstone crashes or will not load This is likely a conflict with another program. Be sure none of these are on your system. Check your Control Panel -> Programs tab. Uninstall ones you see which are on this list and hopefully that will clear up the conflict. Known conflicting programs NetWorx D3DOverrider MacAfee SiteAdvisor Raptr Norton (when installed with default settings) Lightspark Sneaker Script font Panda Antivirus (Some have confirmed Hearthstone works ok if it's added to the exception list - Oct, 2017) Discord Razer In Game Engine - shows up as RazerIngameEngine.exe or ingameengine.exe Kaspersky - an issue with 'pause protection' causes connectivity issuesPossible conflicting programs Internet Download Manager AMD Gaming Evolved Gigabyte App center Evga precision Riva Tuner Mumble - related to the overlay settings being on (default setting) Sonic Studio (aka Sonic Suite) - pre-installed on some Asus and MSI laptops Nahimic Audio Enhancer NZXT's CAM Software - an issue linked to the FPS overlay MSI - GamingApp, Live Update RazerComms - possible conflict with an update around May 12, 2015 - related to black flashing or purple colors on mouse-over activities Multiple antivirus programs - http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/13021652494#7 G-Sync (possible conflicting technology; try disabling this for Hearthstone) AsusGameFirstService - included with Asus ROG laptops since the G751 XtremeTuner Plus Xsplit OverwolfKnown conflicting hardware MAYFLASH GameCube Controller Adapter It is also possible some files have been lost or corrupt. Try a "scan and repair" of the Hearthstone client. On the Hearthstone tab on the battle.net client, click the gear to open the options, then "scan and repair". - - - My screen is pink/purple! This is often a conflict with an outdated graphic card driver. In the short term you can reset your graphic settings from outside of the game. When Hearthstone is not running, open up the Battle.net desktop application. (Log in.) On any game's tab above the main picture there is an icon of a gear. Click the gear and select "game settings", then "reset user options" for Hearthstone. Example picture; http://www.rabb1t.com/temp/example1.jpg Long-term to prevent issues like this in the future you'll want to update your graphic card drivers. If you know which you have you can find them below... AMD; http://support.amd.com/en-us/download Nvidia; (it's easiest to install the GeForce Experience and have it check for you automatically) http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience Intel; http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu Note (May 2017); those with AMD cards (specifically the R9 xxx series) might want to try turning on GPU scaling. Radeon Settings -> Display -> Set GPU-Scaling to ON - - - My mouse isn't where it appears -or- is invisible -or- I am trying to click, but the clicks aren't registering It's unknown what causes this, but this seems linked to changing resolution or switching from windowed to non-windowed mode. When Hearthstone is not running, open up the Battle.net desktop application. (Log in.) On any game's tab above the main picture there is an icon of a gear. Click the gear and select "game settings", then "reset user options" for Hearthstone. Example picture; http://www.rabb1t.com/temp/example1.jpg - - - Text is garbled or missing, or card art is missing/purple/green This is often a conflict with an outdated graphic card driver. You'll want to update your graphic card drivers. If you know which you have you can find them below... AMD; http://support.amd.com/en-us/download Nvidia; (it's easiest to install the GeForce Experience and have it check for you automatically) http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience Intel; http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu - - - I disconnected from a game, and now when I restart Hearthstone I'm connected to "UNKNOWN" in a match and nothing happens This is an older and very rare known bug. The server should automatically 'release you' from this game at some point (which can take anywhere between 15 minutes and 1 hour.) If, however, it's been an hour or more and you still get logged in to a stuck game you can try the old work-around. Try logging in to a different region and going through the tutorial and playing at least one game in casual or ranked. After that try returning to your home region. - - - I am logging in for the first time after a season has ended, but I can't get past the new rank screen. It's unknown what causes this, but you can try logging in from a different system if one is available to do so, or you can try changing resolution, or setting the game to run windowed and then back to full screen (or the reverse if you run the other way.) If you can't change that setting, you can reset your graphic settings from outside of the game. When Hearthstone is not running, open up the Battle.net desktop application. (Log in.) On any game's tab above the main picture there is an icon of a gear. Click the gear and select "game settings", then "reset user options" for Hearthstone. Example picture; http://www.rabb1t.com/temp/example1.jpg If, for some reason, this does not clear the issue, try logging in to a different region where you had no previous rank and then log back in to your home region. - - - Hearthstone fails to launch and is 'non-responsive' or fails to load. Try setting Hearthstone to a compatibility mode for a previous version of Windows. To do this, navigate to your Battle.net folder on your hard drive, then the Hearthstone folder, then right click on the Hearthstone application and select "properties". On the compatibility tab check on "Compatibility mode". If you are on Windows 10 I'd recommend try setting it to Windows 8 or 7. If you are on Windows 8.1 try setting it to Windows 7. - - - I can't patch the game -or- the game patches to x% and never gets past A few have mentioned you can use this article to manually patch the game, which may serve as a workaround if it isn't automatically patching correctly. https://battle.net/support/article/7552 - - - My chat box doesn't seem to receive messages. It's possible you are set to away or busy, which may be blocking messages. Be sure you are set to "online". http://www.rabb1t.com/temp/example2.jpg - - - I disconnect from Hearthstone all the time and it makes me *(#%&*!. See below. - - - I disenchanted some cards and Hearthstone crashed. Unfortunately this is a known issue with no work-around. Blizzard is aware of the bug and working to resolve it. - - - I always get a "playful sprites" error in one region, but there is no maintenance. My friend can play on my system just fine. For a very very VERY extreme few, there can be an overall corruption of all of your deck data which prevents play in a single region, regardless of when you try and log in. If you can't play in a region, but someone else can log in on your system and play just fine, try deleting ALL of your custom decks, log out, log back in to Hearthstone and then create new ones. - - - I disconnected from or left an Arena pick and now there are no cards showing for my next pick. It's unclear what causes this bug, but several users have confirmed a workaround to clear this. Do the following steps: If you are on a mobile device, log out of the device. (Don't just close the app, actually log out of it.) Log in to your battle.net account on a desktop client. This workaround ONLY works through the desktop client. Enter Hearthstone in a different region than the region the arena pick is stuck. Click to initiate an arena run, but cancel out before being charged. (Or go through the run if you play there normally and would like to do so.) Note: If you have no collections in other regions you'll likely have to play through the tutorial before getting access to the arena. Log out of the desktop client. Return to your home device and home region. The arena picks should continue normally. - - - When playing, my Internet completely shuts off. A very small number of people have reported this issue. There are two conditions which seem to cause this. You have an outdated modem or router. Outdated network protocol, bios, software, or hardware can prevent normal function. Call your ISP and have them check the hardware they gave to you to be sure it's up to date, both in features and settings. You may be using Internet Connection Sharing (instead of a router). This may cause issues with connectivity. - - - I am a Rogers Internet customer and I have an unstable connection. Several users of the Rogers service have noticed this. It seems they have a few pieces of hardware which don't seem to play well with the Internet. A few have mentioned the 'old modem' (model CGN3) seems to have few to no issues compared to newer ones. See this thread for details; http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/17334213285 - - - HomePlug or other Power Line connection - disconnecting Note that this technology is somewhat unstable at this point in it's development. As such, if you have the option to use a diferent connection type and are expereincing disconnections I'd recommend using the different connection. Also note that a poster mentioned that Hearthstone apparently uses so little bandwidth his HomePlug system was going into 'sleep mode' and disconnecting him from games. (Streaming, thus upping his bandwidth use, prevented this from happening.) - - - I don't hear Hearthstone game sounds, but I do hear other sounds. Sometimes your operating system will set sounds of different programs independently. Left click on your speaker icon in the system tray and be sure Hearthstone isn't muted. If you use special headphone software that too might be independently controlling sound of various programs. Check Hearthstone isn't muted there as well. If you use headphones or earbuds, try shutting your system down, unplug the device (and any other unnecessary devices which are connected) and restart. See if you can hear things through your regular speakers, or though laptop/tablet/phone speakers, after that. - - - I have extremely poor framerate. This is most likely being caused by an older driver or incompatible hardware. I'd recommend creating a new thread and describing the issue. However, this can also be caused by an outdated version of Hearthstone which is not updating correctly, or has had files become corrupt. You may want to try a "scan and repair" of the installation. (Located below the part circled in this picture.) http://www.rabb1t.com/temp/example1.jpg In very very rare occasion something with the Hearthstone installation may become so off or corrupt that scan and repair doesn't detect it. In this case completely uninstalling Hearthstone and re-downloading the client may fix the issue. Again, in the picture above, select the last option "uninstall game". After a brief period the game will be deleted. I'd recommend quitting out of battle.net just to be sure that temp files are forgotten, and then re-launch battle.net and select "install" where play would normally appear. - - - Cannot read or write error https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZBNTBGS8000002A - - - Poor framerate - Windows 10, Creator's update If you are experiencing poor framerate on Windows 10 after the Creator's update (which happened in mid April, 2017) check this post. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20754205321#post-4 Also note that some have referenced that turning off notifications have cleared up issues. For this go to the Systems control panel, then Notifications and Actions and try setting options to 'off'. - - - I can't connect to NA, but I can connect to other regions. / I can log in with one account but not others. A few users have mentioned this might be related to Windows not having the newest version of the .NET framework. You can download that from the Microsoft site here; https://www.microsoft.com/net/downloadrabb1t187 2d
Oct 21, 2015 Android Slowdowns When Queueing or using Collection Manager Players using an Android device that has a PowerVR 540/544 GPU may be experiencing a slowdown when queuing for a match or entering the collection manager. We are currently investigating this issue. In the meantime, loading the collection manager multiple times may prevent the slowdown from occurring. You can go to GSMArena.com and search by the model of your device to find out if it has a PowerVR 540 or 544 GPU.Glaxigrav0 Oct 21, 2015
Aug 24, 2014 Helpful Billing Information & Troubleshooting Basics Greetings, We'd like to provide several links to some helpful billing information and troubleshooting basics that we hope will assist you in resolving minor issues and answer common questions that may arise. Helpful Billing Information Buying Hearthstone Cards Hearthstone Refund and Restoration Policy Troubleshooting Basics Hearthstone System Requirements Hearthstone Crash/Lockup Troubleshooting Disconnection and Latency troubleshooting Battle.net Updates get Stuck or Fail Hearthstone Uninstall Instructions Additional support articles can be found in our Hearthstone Support page.Roraks1 Aug 24, 2014
Apr 22, 2014 Hearthstone iPad Support Hey all! Due to the controlled nature of Apple's iOS setup, Blizzard Entertainment is limited on what troubleshooting assistance we can provide in regards to app support. Please see below for some frequently asked questions as well as troubleshooting steps if you find yourself encountering any issues. As always, we invite you to report mobile-device specific bugs in our Mobile Bug Report Forum! Shared Progress Your Hearthstone progress is shared across any device where you log in using your Battle.net Account. This includes achievements, gold, custom decks, card collections, and arena progress. Global Play Just like the computer client, the iPad client can connect to any of our available game regions, including the Americas, Europe, and Asia. You can learn more about Hearthstone's Global Play feature here. Should you not see your shared game data after logging in, check to ensure you are connected to the proper region (selectable from the login screen of the Hearthstone App) and that you are using the same Battle.net Account as the one logged into your computer.Glaxigrav1 Apr 22, 2014
Apr 9, 2014 How to Report Hacks/Exploits/Cheating As per the Forums Code of Conduct, under no circumstances should a hack or exploit be reported on the public forums. Because of the sensitive nature of hacks/exploits, posting on forums only ensures that other people are going to attempt to use them. Any poster who breaks this rule will have their thread deleted immediately and may receive further action, such as a restriction in posting privileges. If you find an exploit or think someone is hacking into the game, please send a detailed e-mail to hacks@blizzard.com. We thank you in advance for your reports. Reporting these issues is incredibly important, but at the same time please remember to report them through the secure channels. ______________________________ Technical Support: Monday - Friday, 12pm - 9pm Pacific Time How am I doing? // https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Glaxigrav \\Glaxigrav0 Apr 9, 2014
4m No daily quest no daily quest please help!Luke61 4m
18m NA frequent disconnection problem, playing from Malaysia I ran the Battle-net looking glass test, but I have no clue what it means. Would appreciate it if someone could help me out here. Thank you. EDIT: Would like to add that my internet is fine. I can download stuff without any problems. Youtube at 1080p with no stuttering. Other online games has no lag either. It seems to be just Hearthstone. Unfortunately, I don't play other Blizzard games, so I can't test that part. TRACEROUTE: traceroute to 124.82.26.64 (124.82.26.64), 15 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 Blizzard (Blizzard) 0.509 ms 0.514 ms 0.629 ms 2 * * * 3 37.244.0.102 (37.244.0.102) 2.666 ms 2.702 ms 2.760 ms 4 * * * 5 * * * 6 * * * 7 37.244.4.32 (37.244.4.32) 64.249 ms 64.274 ms 64.260 ms 8 * * * 9 ae10-xcr1.prp.cw.net (195.2.25.210) 142.097 ms 140.400 ms 139.617 ms 10 ae1-xcr1.mar.cw.net (195.2.10.54) 154.672 ms 160.965 ms 165.709 ms 11 telecom-malaysia-gw.mar.cw.net (195.10.54.70) 251.218 ms 251.191 ms 251.212 ms 12 * * * 13 60.52.74.146 (60.52.74.146) 529.649 ms 529.070 ms 528.180 ms 14 124.82.26.64 (124.82.26.64) 533.331 ms 531.931 ms 533.336 ms 17/12/2016 01:33:59 UTC -------------------- PING: PING 124.82.26.64 (124.82.26.64) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from 124.82.26.64: icmp_seq=1 ttl=51 time=530 ms 64 bytes from 124.82.26.64: icmp_seq=3 ttl=51 time=531 ms --- 124.82.26.64 ping statistics --- 4 packets transmitted, 2 received, 50% packet loss, time 4061ms rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 530.979/531.028/531.078/0.730 ms 17/12/2016 01:33:59 UTC -------------------- MTR: HOST: Blizzard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev 1. Blizzard 0.0% 10 0.6 0.6 0.5 1.3 0.2 2. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 3. 37.244.0.102 0.0% 10 2.8 2.8 2.7 2.8 0.0 4. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 5. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 6. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 7. 37.244.4.32 0.0% 10 64.4 64.3 64.2 64.4 0.1 8. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 9. ae10-xcr1.prp.cw.net 0.0% 10 141.2 140.0 139.3 141.2 0.6 10. ae1-xcr1.mar.cw.net 0.0% 10 150.4 153.0 150.4 158.6 2.7 11. malaysiatele-gw-mar.cw.net 11.1% 9 251.3 251.3 251.2 251.3 0.0 12. ??? 100.0 9 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 13. 60.52.74.146 50.0% 8 530.5 529.4 528.2 530.5 1.0 14. ??? 0.0% 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 17/12/2016 01:33:59 UTC --------------------Empyreal4 18m
25m Connection Issue Still having problems with all the Blizzard games. Been getting disconnected from Hearthstone, OW and Hots servers while playing. I've been told that the cable cut back in September is still affecting the connection in Malaysia. Hope that Blizzard has a solution for this.wky4ever0 25m
1h no daily quest again :( please blizzard fix it ....every sigle day the same problem no daily quest :(:(:(Daffy1 1h
2h Got the Golden Pack from amazon prime now Hearthstone wont launch Like title states, i linked my amazon prime/twitch prime to Hearthstone to get the golden classic pack. Went to Hearthstone to open it and it won't launch.Ce2Cris2 2h
3h 3 missing card packs in the new expansion (+ 1 weapon) Saw the patch notes for the new Kobolds and catacombs expansion and read the following in the notes: "Hearthstone’s newest Expansion, Kobolds & Catacombs, releases beginning December 7! Log in after release to receive 3 Kobolds & Catacombs card packs and a random Legendary weapon card, FREE!" But havnt got any new card packs to open, not any new cards in my collection and have tried to restart twice without any luck. Anyone else with the same problem that the new cards dont show up?davidkolby13 3h
4h Game suggestions/ideas Im sure there has been older posts made about this, but i dont feel like digging through the forums to see if it has been mentioned before or not. A couple ideas i have in mind (as im sure many others had/have) are as follows: 1) Implimenting some kind of team format (2v2, 3v3). A way this could run would be which ever team gets the "start first" side of the coin, they can deside who goes first out of their teammates while the other team does the same. However, with the other team, only 1 of them can have the coin. Once the starting team ends their turn, the opponent who chose to go first would take their turn. Then when they end, the starting team player who did not take a turn gets to go. Then repeat for the opponents. Repeat this process for every player (2v2 would be better than 3v3, but both would be unique) in the match. You could set it where there is shared health of 60 for 2v2 or 90 for 3v3 (assuming this was added). You could increase the field size of 7 to 10 and to 14 if 3v3 is added. Since you are sharing the field with your teammates, if you have 1 monster on the field, either one of you can attack with that monster. Obviously keep all effects the same (taunt must be target first before players, stuff like that). Since you share health, lifesteals function does not need to be modified. Also make it where you just can't cast each others spell cards (ie player 1 cant cast any cards from player 2 hand). Your buff spells can be put on any of your teammates minions they summoned (like for example, the divine shield spell from the paladin onto your teammate minion). There could be a ranked version to this but personally, i think this should be casual play only. Making this into ranked could be harder to program (im not sure, i am not a programmer). 2) adding 3 more playable classes. The 3 classes missing are Monk, deathknight and Demon hunter. Yes you can argue more cards would need to be added to the game for all 3 of these and more balancing needs to be implimented to go with the other 9 classes. However, if you think about it, they have a good start for a deathknight class (lichking, arfus, cards like that plus the spells they produce). Deathknight color could be black like the spells they produced. Monk could be a redish green color, and demon hunter could be a blueish purple color. The hardest one to make could be the demon hunter as its very similiar to a warlock theme wise.Bolt0 4h
4h Stuck at Finalizing After hearthstone downloaded via the battle.net app, it is now stuck at the finalizing stage. Its been this way for a good 30 mins. any ideas?Phoboz2 4h
4h Hearthstone.exe is not responding Whenever I try to run Hearthstone it just shows a black screen and when I click it turns to white and it pops up the ole 'Hearthstone.exe is not respond' So far I have tried reinstalling and running as administrator. Maybe the recent update has a role in this? Halp .-_-.EnterName1 4h
5h Weird Glitch in Dungeon Run Hello. I have been playing dungeon run for about a week as the Druid class, and this has only occurred today. While playing, I started fighting the bard. A couple turns in, and I played one of my treasures, which was Aleatoric Cube. Soon, he played a choose one card. This is where I got confused. When he played the card, the two options appeared as-per-usual, but one of the options(I don't know if it was the one he chose or not) stayed on screen after. I tried to play a card during this state, but it wouldn't work. I instead used my hero power and attacked something, and I was able to play cards again. Every time after this that he played one, the same things would happen. I tried playing on multiple clients (computer for the bard, and phone for fight 6), and the glitch occurred on both when the cube was played. On phone, though, I couldn't win because of this. Because you had to bring up your hand to use it, once you did, you couldn't exit your hand. The only way to fix it was to click the end turn button. I don't know what caused this, whether it was the enemy getting a choose-one card, the cube activating it, my client/account, or any other outside force, but this needs fixing. Thank you, and I will continue to play Hearthstone, even if this game breaking inconvenience occurs again.RetroLegend0 5h
5h Stuck at "Waiting for authorization" I was just playing arena and tried to purchase another entry (with real money) and it looks like it went through because it says Items Ordered: 1x Arena Admission but has the waiting for authorization and spinning wheel under it.Kat28 5h
6h Missing Heroic Adventure Card Backs I just noticed this today, when I went into my card back collection, so I don't know if this issue occurred with the K&C patch or not. I'd previously unlocked the card backs for defeating Heroic Naxx, Heroic Blackrock ("Nefarian"), and Heroic Karazhan ("The Blue Portal"). (Still working on Heroic LOE.) However, those three card backs are now showing as grayed out and still locked in my collection. Could you restore these three card backs to their unlocked status, please?nyx1 6h
9h [Solved]Couldn't switch to requested monitor When i first invited to beta i got black screen after clicking play on launcher. Next day was fine. The game has worked up until now however after the last windows update it once again goes to black screen after clicking play on launcher. I have the latest AMD driver as i needed it for battlefield 4 but i have no clue how to fix this, I'm hoping blizzard could help as windows update might of done something somewhere on my pc to break hearthstone. Here is my Dx log: ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 11/2/2013, 09:29:50 Machine name: LOCAL Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M. System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M. BIOS: Default System BIOS Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz Memory: 12288MB RAM Available OS Memory: 12288MB RAM Page File: 4651MB used, 19921MB available Windows Dir: E:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode DxDiag Previously: Crashed in system information (stage 4). Re-running DxDiag with "dontskip" command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab 1: No problems found. Display Tab 2: No problems found. Sound Tab 1: No problems found. Sound Tab 2: No problems found. Sound Tab 3: No problems found. Input Tab: No problems found. -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct3D: 0/4 (retail) DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail) DirectInput: 0/5 (retail) DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail) DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail) DirectSound: 0/5 (retail) DirectShow: 0/6 (retail) --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6718) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6718&SUBSYS_23701462&REV_00 Display Memory: 4095 MB Dedicated Memory: 2031 MB Shared Memory: 2064 MB Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model: S24C350 Monitor Id: SAM0A3C Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz) Output Type: HDMI Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1230 (English) Driver Version: 13.152.1.8000 DDI Version: 11 Driver Model: WDDM 1.1 Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 10/9/2013 01:01:02, 1237200 bytes WHQL Logo'd: Yes WHQL Date Stamp: Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-2458-11CF-1C73-7A03BEC2C535} Vendor ID: 0x1002 Device ID: 0x6718 SubSys ID: 0x23701462 Revision ID: 0x0000 Driver Strong Name: oem26.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.6.1:ati2mtag_NICayman:13.152.1.8000:pci\ven_1002&dev_6718 Rank Of Driver: 00E62001 Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported DXVA-HD: Not Supported DDraw Status: Enabled D3D Status: Enabled AGP Status: Enabled Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6718) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6718&SUBSYS_23701462&REV_00 Display Memory: 4095 MB Dedicated Memory: 2031 MB Shared Memory: 2064 MB Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor Name: SC350_S24C350HL (Analog) Monitor Model: S24C350 Monitor Id: SAM0A3B Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz) Output Type: HD15 Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1230 (English) Driver Version: 13.152.1.8000 DDI Version: 11 Driver Model: WDDM 1.1 Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 10/9/2013 01:01:02, 1237200 bytes WHQL Logo'd: Yes WHQL Date Stamp: Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-2458-11CF-1C73-7A03BEC2C535} Vendor ID: 0x1002 Device ID: 0x6718 SubSys ID: 0x23701462 Revision ID: 0x0000 Driver Strong Name: oem26.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.6.1:ati2mtag_NICayman:13.152.1.8000:pci\ven_1002&dev_6718 Rank Of Driver: 00E62001 Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported DXVA-HD: Not Supported DDraw Status: Enabled D3D Status: Enabled AGP Status: Enabled ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) Default Sound Playback: Yes Default Voice Playback: No Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_18490892&REV_1003 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 100 Type: WDM Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys Driver Version: 6.00.0001.6662 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: Yes Date and Size: 9/15/2012 18:05:41, 4065296 bytes Other Files: Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp. HW Accel Level: Basic Cap Flags: 0xF1F Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000 Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0 HW Memory: 0 Voice Management: No EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No Description: AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device) Default Sound Playback: No Default Voice Playback: No Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_00AA0100&REV_1002 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 100 Type: WDM Driver Name: AtihdW76.sys Driver Version: 7.12.0000.7716 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: Yes Date and Size: 7/5/2013 19:40:38, 96256 bytes Other Files: Driver Provider: Advanced Micro Devices HW Accel Level: Basic Cap Flags: 0xF1F Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000 Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0 HW Memory: 0 Voice Management: No EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No Description: Speakers (Logitech USB Headset) Default Sound Playback: No Default Voice Playback: Yes Hardware ID: USB\VID_046D&PID_0A0C&REV_1013&MI_00 Manufacturer ID: 65535 Product ID: 65535 Type: WDM Driver Name: USBAUDIO.sys Driver Version: 6.01.7601.18208 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: Yes Date and Size: 7/12/2013 21:40:58, 109824 bytes Other Files: Driver Provider: Microsoft HW Accel Level: Basic Cap Flags: 0xF1F Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000 Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0 HW Memory: 0 Voice Management: No EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description: Microphone (Logitech USB Headset) Default Sound Capture: Yes Default Voice Capture: Yes Driver Name: USBAUDIO.sys Driver Version: 6.01.7601.18208 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail Date and Size: 7/12/2013 21:40:58, 109824 bytes Cap Flags: 0x1 Format Flags: 0xFFFFF ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name: Mouse Attached: 1 Controller ID: n/a Vendor/Product ID: n/a FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Keyboard Attached: 1 Controller ID: n/a Vendor/Product ID: n/a FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Logitech USB Headset Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0x0A0C FF Driver: n/a Poll w/ Interrupt: No ----------- USB Devices ----------- + USB Root Hub | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1002, 0x4397 | Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub | Service: usbhub ---------------- Gameport Devices ---------------- ------------ PS/2 Devices ------------ + HID Keyboard Device | Vendor/Product ID: 0x413C, 0x2003 | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_keyboard | Service: kbdhid | + Terminal Server Keyboard Driver | Matching Device ID: root\rdp_kbd | Upper Filters: kbdclass | Service: TermDD | + HID-compliant mouse | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1532, 0x0016 | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse | Service: mouhid | + Terminal Server Mouse Driver | Matching Device ID: root\rdp_mou | Upper Filters: mouclass | Service: TermDD -------------- System Devices -------------- Name: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_597F&SUBSYS_59571849&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&50 Driver: n/a Name: Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4397&SUBSYS_43971849&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&B0 Driver: n/a Name: ATI I/O Communications Processor PCI Bus Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4384&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_40\3&267A616A&0&A4 Driver: n/a Name: PCI standard host CPU bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1204&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&C4 Driver: n/a Name: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_597E&SUBSYS_59571849&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&48 Driver: n/a Name: Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4397&SUBSYS_43971849&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&98 Driver: n/a Name: High Definition Audio Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4383&SUBSYS_08921849&REV_40\3&267A616A&0&A2 Driver: n/a Name: PCI standard host CPU bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1203&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&C3 Driver: n/a Name: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5978&SUBSYS_59571849&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&10 Driver: n/a Name: Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4397&SUBSYS_43971849&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&90 Driver: n/a Name: PCI standard host CPU bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1202&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&C2 Driver: n/a Name: PCI standard host CPU bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5957&SUBSYS_59571849&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&00 Driver: n/a Name: Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4396&SUBSYS_43961849&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&B2 Driver: n/a Name: PCI standard host CPU bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1201&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&C1 Driver: n/a Name: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_43A0&SUBSYS_00001002&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&A8 Driver: n/a Name: Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4396&SUBSYS_43961849&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&9A Driver: n/a Name: PCI standard host CPU bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1200&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&C0 Driver: n/a Name: PCI standard ISA bridge Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_439D&SUBSYS_439D1849&REV_40\3&267A616A&0&A3 Driver: n/a Name: Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4396&SUBSYS_43961849&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&92 Driver: n/a Name: VIA 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3403&SUBSYS_34031849&REV_01\4&28CDDF4&0&00A8 Driver: n/a Name: High Definition Audio Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AA80&SUBSYS_AA801462&REV_00\4&1C1F7BC1&0&0110 Driver: n/a Name: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_439C&SUBSYS_439C1849&REV_40\3&267A616A&0&A1 Driver: n/a Name: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4390&SUBSYS_43901849&REV_40\3&267A616A&0&88 Driver: n/a Name: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_81681849&REV_06\4&E057C7F&0&0050 Driver: n/a Name: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6718&SUBSYS_23701462&REV_00\4&1C1F7BC1&0&0010 Driver: n/a Name: Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4399&SUBSYS_43991849&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&A5 Driver: n/a Name: ATI I/O Communications Processor SMBus Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4385&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_42\3&267A616A&0&A0 Driver: n/a Name: Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Device ID: PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_01941849&REV_03\4&4E58618&0&0048 Driver: n/a ------------------ DirectShow Filters ------------------ DirectShow Filters: WMAudio Decoder DMO,0x00800800,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.17514 WMAPro over S/PDIF DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.17514 WMSpeech Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.17514 MP3 Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,mp3dmod.dll,6.01.7600.16385 Mpeg4s Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp4sdecd.dll,6.01.7600.16385 WMV Screen decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvsdecd.dll,6.01.7601.17514 WMVideo Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,wmvdecod.dll,6.01.7601.18221 Mpeg43 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp43decd.dll,6.01.7600.16385 Mpeg4 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mpg4decd.dll,6.01.7600.16385 Xiph.Org Theora Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,dsfTheoraDecoder.dll, Xiph.Org Vorbis Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,dsfVorbisDecoder.dll, ATI Ticker,0x00200000,0,1,Ticker.ax, DV Muxer,0x00400000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Color Space Converter,0x00400001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 WM ASF Reader,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.7601.17514 Screen Capture filter,0x00200000,0,1,wmpsrcwp.dll,12.00.7601.17514 AVI Splitter,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 VGA 16 Color Ditherer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 SBE2MediaTypeProfile,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 Xiph.Org Ogg Muxer,0x00200000,1,0,dsfOggMux.dll, Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder,0x005fffff,2,4,msmpeg2vdec.dll,12.00.9200.16426 AC3 Parser Filter,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528 StreamBufferSink,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 MJPEG Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 DivX for Blizzard Decoder Filter,0x00800000,1,1,blizzard.ax,5.00.0002.0000 MPEG-I Stream Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 Xiph.Org FLAC Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,dsfFLACDecoder.dll, SAMI (CC) Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.7601.17514 ATI MPEG File Writer,0x00200000,1,0,atimpenc.dll,13.15.0000.31008 AMD Video Decoder,0x00200000,1,2,atimpenc.dll,13.15.0000.31008 MPEG-2 Splitter,0x005fffff,1,0,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528 Closed Captions Analysis Filter,0x00200000,2,5,cca.dll,6.06.7601.17514 SBE2FileScan,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514 Internal Script Command Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 MPEG Audio Decoder,0x03680001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 MMACE ProcAmp,0x00200000,0,2,MMACEFilters.dll, DV Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Video Mixing Renderer 9,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 Xiph.Org Theora Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,dsfTheoraEncoder.dll, Xiph.Org Vorbis Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,dsfVorbisEncoder.dll, Microsoft MPEG-2 Encoder,0x00200000,2,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514 ATI MPEG Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc.dll,13.15.0000.31008 AMD MJPEG Decoder,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc.dll,13.15.0000.31008 ACM Wrapper,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 Video Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 MPEG-2 Video Stream Analyzer,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 Xiph.Org Native FLAC Decoder,0x00600000,0,1,dsfNativeFLACSource.dll, Line 21 Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.17835 Video Port Manager,0x00600000,2,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 Xiph.Org Speex Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,dsfSpeexEncoder.dll, Video Renderer,0x00400000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 AMD Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc.dll,13.15.0000.31008 Xiph.Org Speex Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,dsfSpeexDecoder.dll, Xiph.Org FLAC Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,dsfFLACEncoder.dll, ATI MPEG Multiplexer,0x00200000,2,1,atimpenc.dll,13.15.0000.31008 VPS Decoder,0x00200000,0,0,WSTPager.ax,6.06.7601.17514 WM ASF Writer,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.7601.17514 VBI Surface Allocator,0x00600000,1,1,vbisurf.ax,6.01.7601.17514 MMACE SoftEmu,0x00200000,0,2,MMACEFilters.dll, File writer,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 iTV Data Sink,0x00600000,1,0,itvdata.dll,6.06.7601.17514 iTV Data Capture filter,0x00600000,1,1,itvdata.dll,6.06.7601.17514 AMD Video Scaler Filter,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc.dll,13.15.0000.31008 DVD Navigator,0x00200000,0,3,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.17835 MMACE DeInterlace,0x00200000,0,2,MMACEFilters.dll, Overlay Mixer2,0x00200000,1,1,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.17835 AVI Draw,0x00600064,9,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 RDP DShow Redirection Filter,0xffffffff,1,0,DShowRdpFilter.dll, Microsoft MPEG-2 Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514 WST Pager,0x00200000,1,1,WSTPager.ax,6.06.7601.17514 MPEG-2 Demultiplexer,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528 DV Video Decoder,0x00800000,1,1,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514 SampleGrabber,0x00200000,1,1,qedit.dll,6.06.7601.18175 Null Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,qedit.dll,6.06.7601.18175 MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x005fffff,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft AC3 Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msac3enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514 Xiph.Org Ogg Demuxer,0x00600000,1,1,dsfOggDemux2.dll, StreamBufferSource,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 Smart Tee,0x00200000,1,2,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Overlay Mixer,0x00200000,0,0,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.17835 AVI Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 AVI/WAV File Source,0x00400000,0,2,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 Wave Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 MIDI Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 Multi-file Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 File stream renderer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 AMD Video Rotation Filter,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc.dll,13.15.0000.31008 Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder,0x005fffff,1,1,msmpeg2adec.dll,6.01.7140.0000 StreamBufferSink2,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 AVI Mux,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Line 21 Decoder 2,0x00600002,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 File Source (Async.),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 File Source (URL),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 WebM Muxer Filter,0x00200000,2,1,webmmux.dll, WebM VP8 Decoder Filter,0x00600000,1,1,vp8decoder.dll, WebM VP8 Encoder Filter,0x00200000,1,1,vp8encoder.dll, WebM Splitter Filter,0x00600000,1,1,webmsplit.dll, Infinite Pin Tee Filter,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Enhanced Video Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,evr.dll,6.01.7601.17514 BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00200000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.7601.17669 MPEG Video Decoder,0x40000001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 WDM Streaming Tee/Splitter Devices: Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 Video Compressors: WMVideo8 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvxencd.dll,6.01.7600.16385 WMVideo9 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvencod.dll,6.01.7600.16385 MSScreen 9 encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvsencd.dll,6.01.7600.16385 DV Video Encoder,0x00200000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514 MJPEG Compressor,0x00200000,0,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 Xiph.Org Theora Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,dsfTheoraEncoder.dll, WebM VP8 Encoder Filter,0x00200000,1,1,vp8encoder.dll, Cinepak Codec by Radius,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Fraps Video Decompressor,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Intel IYUV codec,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Intel IYUV codec,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft RLE,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft Video 1,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 VP60® Simple Profile ,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 VP61® Advanced Profile,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Audio Compressors: WM Speech Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOE.DLL,6.01.7600.16385 WMAudio Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMADMOE.DLL,6.01.7600.16385 ATI MPEG Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc.dll,13.15.0000.31008 Xiph.Org Vorbis Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,dsfVorbisEncoder.dll, Xiph.Org Speex Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,dsfSpeexEncoder.dll, Xiph.Org FLAC Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,dsfFLACEncoder.dll, IMA ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 PCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 Microsoft ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 GSM 6.10,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 CCITT A-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 CCITT u-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 MPEG Layer-3,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 Audio Capture Sources: Microphone (Logitech USB Headse,0x00200000,0,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 PBDA CP Filters: PBDA DTFilter,0x00600000,1,1,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17528 PBDA ETFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17528 PBDA PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17528 Midi Renderers: Default MidiOut Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 WDM Streaming Capture Devices: ,0x00000000,0,0,, Realtek HD Audio Front Mic input,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 Realtek HD Audio Line input,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 Realtek HD Audio Mic input,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 Realtek HD Audio Stereo input,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 Logitech USB Headset,0x00200000,2,2,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 WDM Streaming Rendering Devices: AMD HD Audio HDMI out #0,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 Realtek HD Audio output,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 Realtek HDA SPDIF Out,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 Logitech USB Headset,0x00200000,2,2,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 BDA Network Providers: Microsoft ATSC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft DVBC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft DVBS Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft DVBT Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Multi-Instance Capable VBI Codecs: VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.7601.17514 BDA Transport Information Renderers: BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00600000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.7601.17669 MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x00600000,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.7601.17514 BDA CP/CA Filters: Decrypt/Tag,0x00600000,1,1,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708 Encrypt/Tag,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708 PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708 XDS Codec,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708 WDM Streaming Communication Transforms: Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514 Audio Renderers: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Defin,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 Default DirectSound Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 Default WaveOut Device,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 DirectSound: AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 DirectSound: Speakers (Logitech USB Headset),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 DirectSound: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 Speakers (Logitech USB Headset),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713 --------------- EVR Power Information --------------- Current Setting: {5C67A112-A4C9-483F-B4A7-1D473BECAFDC} (Quality) Quality Flags: 2576 Enabled: Force throttling Allow half deinterlace Allow scaling Decode Power Usage: 100 Balanced Flags: 1424 Enabled: Force throttling Allow batching Force half deinterlace Force scaling Decode Power Usage: 50 PowerFlags: 1424 Enabled: Force throttling Allow batching Force half deinterlace Force scaling Decode Power Usage: 0 Dragon34 9h
9h New Windows 10 Fall Creators Update causing fps drops/lag/stutter Ever since I updated to the newest version of windows 10 I have been having stutter/fps/hitching issues with Hearthstone. And I can confirm it is the windows update causing the problem. I reverted back to the previous version of windows because it was irritating me so much, and it was working perfectly again. So, naturally at that point I thought maybe I had a corrupt install of the new version, so I installed it again. And again the same problem, I even uninstalled my graphics drivers and reinstalled them to no avail. Is anyone else having this problem too?Harbinger20 9h
10h Не получил дейлик Доброго времени суток. Вынужден опять обратиться к вам. Сегодня опять не появился новый дейлик. Прошу исправитьphin1 10h
10h black screen when launching the game hi, when i launch the game it does open but as a black screen but i can hear the in game sound, i did unistall the game and install again but it didn't worked any idea to fix this problem ?silverarrow3 10h
10h Pls help me fix a problem in my phone's game Hey there, i need help pls. I bought a new phone and installed Hearthstone on it, but when i log on with my account, it started the tutorial, and now I see my name correct but I have no friends or my gold and cards. But when I go from the PC I have everything and it's the same account, can I get help? I already reinstalled it and nothing... I really wanna start playing on the phone. Thanks!Nashkiller1 10h
10h Crashing anytime I start a new Dungeon Run I will be Posting Error Details, but any Dungeon Run started crashes and upon relog results in a loss.Thrindel5 10h
11h Cant connect to hearthstone! Hey guys, Wonder if annyone could help here Cant connect to the game annymore, it gives me the " playful sprites have messed up your connection" etc. I have great wifi, the latest IOS on my iphone, tried deleting and re installing the app, no luck at all. Any ideas?? Has this happened to annyone else! Thanks!Hirotaro1131 11h
11h Fck You Fck you blizzard go fck yourself for what you do to usJoysticktaco0 11h
13h Can’t download the game after the last patch I have opened 6 gb space to download hearthstone but I still cannot download it. What do you want from us blizzard? Our soul?Slushbanq1 13h
13h "couldn't switch to requested monitor resolution" So I'm getting this error every time I've tried to start hearthstone, Earlier this morning it was working fine, until I had to do a update for my computer, here is what the error tells me "Switching to resolution 1366x768 failed, trying lower one Switching to resolution 1366x768 failed, trying lower one All resolution switches have failed Screen: DX11 could not switch resolution (1680x1050 fs=1 hz=0)?" I've tried uninstalling it but it keeps giving me the same error, has anyone else been getting this error also?Fatninja4799 13h
13h Surprise! No daily quest yet again. This is getting really old. For the past week I have not received my daily quest. The excuses are getting very tiring at this point. It has been a week. Fix the issues and issue compensation.DeathToketh0 13h
14h Manually adjusting resolution problem When I drag the side of the screen to adjust the resolution, it freezes my game but I can hear it running in the background. I don't use full screen mode. My graphic driver is up to date.Tesku1 14h
14h Visual lagging on PC Hearthstone In the last two days, Hearthstone has been unuseable on my PC due to extreme visual stuttering and lag. I've tried re-installing with no luck.vanceastro4 14h
14h Frame drops after 15~ minutes of playing So when i start up hearthstone i get around 120 frames but after playing for a while i notice it drops to 30 and stoops down even to 10, and a strange addition i noticed is the frames go back up to 120 with my friends list open but drop back down when i close it, does anyone else have this problem/a solution? it is very annoying.Azaros1 14h
14h where is my stat for nov 2017 "Didn't receive the monthly stats letter, checked as suggested by Blizzard CS settings to receive mails and promo information from Blizzard, please fix this"noname1 14h
14h Проблема со статистикой Не пришла на почту статистика, поставил галочки везде где только можно, два раза писал в техпод, но кроме как " у нас очень ограниченная поддержка, и мы особо ничем помочь не можем" не услышал, как исправить данную ситуацию? Куда мне писать, чтоб получить свою статистику? И да, на почте нигде не завалялосьnoname1 14h
14h Ошибка при поиске соперника. Здравствуйте, возникает проблема со вчерашнего дня.Захожу в игру начинаю поиск игры крутится барабан и игра полностью виснет.Эта проблема везде и в арене , в потасовке, в приключениях ,везде.Если есть у кого нибудь есть такая проблема? Помогите пожалуйста!ТёмныйНиндзя1 14h
14h Cant open Hearthstone Whenever I try to open hearthstone, it'll be like the tab is open buts its not and when I click it just becomes a black screen, and then when I click again it just pops up saying "Hearthstone is not responding". What do?SirWaffles1 14h
15h Hearthstone won't respond and load freezing Hello, my hearthstone has been working badly for a while now. Often when I open the game it says Hearthstone is not responding and in addition to that once I actually get into the game everything works fine until I have to load let's say a match in a dungeon run. The loading bar first works fine then it freezes, but the game still runs normally in the background. I hear the opening sounds and dialogues and can mulligan my hand if I can find where the cards are, but I still see the loading screen. The only way to resolve this has been to go to task manager and end the task, so it doesn't count it as concede in the dungeon run. I've done all t he required steps like tried to repair the game, checked for any software conflicts and disabled any overlays like Nvidia's. I don't know what to do about it anymore and I really want to continue my dungeon runs normally.Finphoenix9 15h
16h Quest Log I havent had a Quest in the Quest Log in over a week. Is anyone haveing this problem and is it getting fixed?Brownoaks0 16h
16h New player looking for help Hello. I am a relatively new player and I am wondering about this feature in the game that freezes the game for about 5 seconds and then crashes the game. It then manages to crash the program telling me about the crash that has happened. Is this a feature or an error on my part?HaTFace1 16h
18h Daily challenge Anyone still having issues not getting a daily challenge? I’m still not getting them.CDW08053 18h
20h Poor FPS 4/16/17 The FPS of Hearthstone, whether in windowed or fullscreen, gets cut to 20 while I'm actually ON it, while it then goes back up to 60 when it's in the background. Very infuriating.Bleu10 20h
20h Duplicates Vanishing in Collection I opened a classic pack and got duplicates, nothing unusual there, but when I went into my collection the cards I opened showed as "new" even though I already had two copies. I didn't get any dust for them. It's like the duplicate vanished. A third copy never showed for me to dust.Rob0 20h
22h Daily challenges Hello,no new daily challenges for a 3 days Can You please fix this problem soon My heartstone’s tag SlavaMrazin#2596 Thanks in advanceSlavaMrazin0 22h
23h Lag fix for Razer mouse users Open Razer Synapse and change the polling rate of your mouse to 125 Hz instead of 500/1000. Doing this seemed to fix every stutter issue I had with Hearthstone.Pistons0 23h