Community Discussion

Aug 9, 2013 Welcome: Please read! Hello, and welcome to the Community Discussion forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss what is going on in the community of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. Fansite news and updates, player run tournaments, and community creations all have a place here in this forum. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting.Zeriyah0 Aug 9, 2013
May 6 Introducing Fireside Gatherings! Well met, fellow tavern-goers! Do you love Hearthstone? Looking for other worthy opponents to challenge? Want to just enjoy the game with like-minded Hearthstone players in your area? Then Fireside Gatherings are exactly what you’re looking for! Join us as we celebrate the launch of Hearthstone on iPad by attending a Fireside Gathering. Fireside Gatherings are get-togethers in public hangouts like coffee shops, book stores, and dorms where you can meet and mingle with local Hearthstone players. Trade strategy secrets, show off your decks, or even host mini tournaments—it’s all up to you! These events range in size from 5-10 people in a small group to 100+ in a huge gathering, and require absolutely no minimum skill level. The more the merrier! Behold . . . the power of friendship! Fireside Gatherings offer the opportunity to add the new “Fireside Friends” card back to your collection! This card back can be obtained by playing three matches against another player on the same network using the following criteria: At least three people (including yourself) must be logged into Hearthstone on the same subnet. Each match must be played against a player that is playing on the same subnet as you. These matches can be played against your friends or using the Player Near Me feature, as long as the above two criteria are met. The Fireside Friends card back will become available starting on Saturday, April 26th for a limited time! The last day that you can add the Fireside Friends card back to your collection will be announced at a later date. Be sure to attend a Fireside Gathering near you or utilize the Players Near Me feature in Hearthstone so you don’t miss out on this opportunity to collect this unique card back that’ll make you feel right at home. While you don’t need to attend a Fireside Gathering to get this card back, attending a Fireside Gathering is a great opportunity to meet some new friends, enjoy a few rounds of Hearthstone with good company, and gain this card back in the process! The Fireside Friends card back will be instantly added to your collection as soon as you finish your three matches provided that they follow the friendly guidelines above! To find an official Hearthstone get-together in your area, visit the all-new Fireside Gatherings website here. These events are hosted in direct partnership with Blizzard Entertainment and are a great place to take your iPad and meet up with other Hearthstone-loving locals. To host these awesome events, we’ve partnered with colleges such as Brigham Young University Hawaii, University of California Irvine, University of North Texas, and University of North Carolina Charlotte! Can’t find a Fireside Gathering nearby? Don’t sweat it. Hosting a Fireside Gathering is easy! Head over to the official Fireside Gatherings website for all the resources you will need to get started. You’ll find helpful tips and tricks about how to host a great event, as well as a poster template that you can print and display at your venue! When you’re ready to share your event with the world, or to find locally-run events in your area, visit LiquidHearth. LiquidHearth’s event listing can be used to promote your event and find other Hearthstone players in your community to play with. We want to encourage Fireside Gatherings everywhere there are passionate Hearthstone players, so if you don’t find an event near you, don’t hesitate to work with local gaming groups in your community to spread awareness of Fireside Gatherings near and far. Well, what are you waiting for? Sign up to attend or host a Fireside Gathering today!Zeriyah220 May 6
Dec 14 Hearthstone Community Calendar Find all of the latest and greatest in Hearthstone shows, tournaments, and podcasts with the Hearthstone Calendar! Use the tabs at the top of the page to easily navigate though all things happening with Hearthstone's community!Zeriyah6 Dec 14
Jul 31, 2014 How to Host a Fireside Gathering Now’s your chance to step into the Innkeeper’s shoes and host a Fireside Gathering of your own! It’s easier than you think to get your Gathering going, and hosting is really quite rewarding. There's no better way to get to know your local fellow Hearthstone gamers and make new friends, and become an important part of the growing Hearthstone community. Oh, and did we mention even hosting a small Gathering is a great way to earn your Fireside Friends card back? We’re also already hard at work developing a program so we can better support Innkeepers, and perhaps provide some perks along the way! Interested? Great! Visit the blog to learn more, and download the Innkeeper's Resources document to get started. We can't wait to hear all about your Fireside Gatherings!Daxxarri24 Jul 31, 2014
Jun 22 Fireside Gatherings Feature Beta Fireside Gatherings are becoming bigger and better in the Year of the Mammoth! We’ve begun beta testing some of the new Fireside Gathering features, and you may see some changes if you connect to the Americas region to play Hearthstone. While the beta is ongoing, you might see a new Fireside Gatherings button appear at the top of your Friends list. Clicking it will lead to a dialogue box that describes Fireside Gatherings, and if your device has location capabilities, you can opt-in to search for nearby Fireside Gatherings*. The dialogue will also allow you to quickly access the Fireside Gatherings website to search for nearby events. While we’re in beta, only a few events will be detectable using this search, but we’ll be rolling out the new features to more Fireside Gatherings in the future. Learn more about the new Fireside Gathering features in this Designer Insights video featuring Game Designer Pat Nagle. *You can disable this via app permissions in your device settings.Daxxarri7 Jun 22
10m Why are Warriors bad? I was leveling Uther and I was battling Garrosh. It was good the first turn, then he used his power. He used bad cards and i generally out ran him like playing a lot of high attack and hp cards, but every turn he would use his power. i managed to get him to 8 health while i was at a good 29. But he kept using his taunt cards while using his power so i couldn't attack him. He literally got to 18 shield. I knew he was going to do it again so i just gave up, i could have won, but it was getting to annoying. It was like "Okay, my turn is here, let me place a 1/2 with taunt and use my power, so i can annoy the crap out of this Paladin" Then the next Warrior did the exact same thing, lucky I managed to finish him off but it was annoying and said some things i shouldn't haveDeadlyLegion1 10m
14m How many new packs to get early on? Everyone's hoarding gold to buy those sweet 10 legendary card packs when Frozen Throne is released, and they're already giving free packs in the lame Frost Festival. So I wanted to ask, how many packs should I try to get as soon as any new set is released. Assuming I'm not crazy and didn't buy the 50 pack bundle, how many cards should be enough to have a decent mix of the new cards and get started building around them?Petrico941 14m
39m Suggestions for Hearthstone 1. Please make all cards craftable. I don't need four of the same card if I can only use two. It would also cut down on the space in your server storage. 2. Please make each ranked game, wild and standard, available for footlocker. If I get to rank 15 in wild and rank 14 in standard, please give the dust and gold for each, as each mode has it's own effort. 3. Please put little victory/win crowns to the left of the gold score, in the bottom right corner of the screen. There is a large blank space to the left of the gold score, so it would help us keep track of things. Thanks for listening and consideration.photodeb5 39m
2h Shadow Sensei card text I think that Shadow Sensei card text is somewhat incomplete. Let me explain... Text right now is as follows: "Battlecry: Give a Stealthed minion +2/+2." I think it should be written like this: "Battlecry: Give a friendly Stealthed minion +2/+2." Simply put the card can't buff enemy minions, and text can be interpreted otherwise. I know it's a small detail, but in some rare situations this can create confusion.Leoniss4 2h
3h Ahune can give me all the free crap he wants ...I'm still going to concede every time I see a Rogue, until Caverns Below is removed from the Standard game in 2019.Allegos2 3h
3h Copying Decks, Hero Please Blizzard Well the copy deck options is cool and stuff but im having a issue that's pissing me off, if i'm copying a deck that as Jaina as portrait, I have to use Jaina, but why? If i have for example the Medivh skin i should at least been asked when having more than 1 hero portrait....Blizzard Plz!!DemonSoul2 3h
5h Double gold Hello I would like to ask, when will double gold end, pls? also what's the PST please? thank youProtoss2488 5h
5h Frost festival quest without arena entry ? Do I have to buy arena entry to actually get the next Knights of The Frozen Throne pack quest from the frost festival ? Cuz last time I had free enty when it gave me the quest and in the next day there was no quest. I'm asking because I'm saving gold for Naxxramas wings.Artimediz6 5h
5h So any news on the wild shop? Cause at this rate "in the coming weeks" should've been "in the coming month", we have never heard any news about it since it was first talked about, which was literally the first of the month. Are they keeping that for the frozen throne release and forgot to tell us or something?FranckyFox245 5h
6h Dropping Hearthstone Altogether I just wanted Blizzard to know, as an avid player of their games, I'm dropping Hearthstone, and I want to at least give them my reasoning for it. With the excitement of this new update also came an absurdity in this game, and I'm not sure why many people are not willing to stop playing this game in mass exodus. (Aside from their personal addictions of course.) To even experience a portion of the new expansion, one would have to pay out a LARGE amount of money for a game that is so-called "free-to-play." In terms of games out there who have been called "free-to-play," but are secretly "pay-to-win," or secretly "pay-to-play," Hearthstone has just risen to the TOP of that list of those games that are falsely advertised because as much as the developers CLAIMED it was not pay-to-win or pay-to-play at one time, and as much as that was questionable in the past, there is NO question about it now. The doubling of the price of packs, with the inclusion of a large number of legendary cards that are incredibly hard to get, results in players having to pump out absurd amounts of money to be able to play the decks they want to play. I get it; you've got to make money, and I have no problem with Blizzard needing to make a return on investment, but your marketing and development team just made an enormous error in judgement. Hearthstone was my first online card game experience, and after some investigation, I found out that other free-to-play card games out there offer a much wider gameplay experience without having to pay near as much into it. They also offer a lot more free content than Hearthstone does. It's only now I'm beginning to realize why I have heard so many of the Hearthstone pro players say that the only reason they're still playing Hearthstone is because it's popular, and the reality is that they make more money streaming popular games than streaming unpopular ones. Thus, I'm going to do my part to stop the madness by exiting Hearthstone for the time being, and I would highly recommend others doing the same. Making gentle, passive suggestions to the Hearthstone developers and marketing directors is not going to change the way they operate because, as we have seen so far, all your gentle, passive suggestions have done nothing, and no one's raging is solving the problem either. If you want to speak a language Blizzard understands, then speak with your money, and walk away. Perhaps then they'll realize they need to rethink the way they do things, and not just pander to the small amount of players who are willing to drop hundreds of dollars into the game just to experience a fraction of it.Kaine54 6h
6h Hearthstone: That's Incredible! - New Series Hello everyone! I started working on a new hearthstone series called "Hearthstone: That's Incredible!", with the aim of showcasing random moments, fails, misplays, epic stuff etc, and i am really hyped about it! I am pretty new to this and i would really appreciate it if you guys would take a look and give me some feedback on my first video; anything that catches your eye, audio volume, transitions, intro etc. Thanks! The first episode only has 4 moments (i actually spent more time learning how to edit it than anything else), and in the future i intend to add more clips in a single episode. Here is the link to the first episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaQ1QFdViPY I hope i am not breaking any rules btw, i read the "welcome" thread here and it says any community created content is ok here? Please let me know if i messed up by promoting this here :) Thanks a bunch! redRed1 6h
6h Fire Festival > Frost Festival I really don't care for arena and the Mini rag brawl was a lot more fun than get a random deck and kill a 1/4 repeatedly. Any other thoughts?Petrico9417 6h
8h An Eggcelent Idea. After making the most stupid Wild deck in the world. I post this Topic, And I hope B.B see it. I named my Deck: A4 366C37e4t 1)3A | -> | An Eggcelent Idea The goal of this deck is simple: Use almost all the egg Cards of hearthstone. After some wins, I research if people use eggs. I found that people use the Devilsaur Egg in druids standards deck. After doing the research, I had the simple question where we find the Egg cards ? The research gave me a simple logic rules: ... I found the rules after that research: NO Egg card are touched. ||| vvv 1 - 3 - 7 - 9"9" So With the simple logic "Knights of the Frozen Throne" will not have a egg card. I don't hope for it. And that's why I think a legendary Egg should be add to the game. Yes I mean it. Imagine the best Egg cards. I love the Dragon egg; ... Making a Egg with the same Effect, but; ... What you thinks about it ? Do you think the egg card should be a ritual and B.B should make more of them ? Do you think the eggs are more the joke card or fillers ? - Sirnarue, N'zoth Hunter.thesirnarue1 8h
9h Who plays worse ? The (Expert) Innkeeper who's avatar sits on the rank 1 icon, and plays "Flametongue Totem" after already attacked you with a minion. OR The best Hearthstone players in the world for whom is mission impossible to spot a lethal before twitch chat does. TWITCH CHAT!Artimediz0 9h
9h What packs to buy? I have had enough time to play every class, and I really enjoy playing the Shaman and Mage classes the most. I make a lot of gold in wow and I want to use my tokens to purchase decks in Hearthstone. Does anyone know what decks are good for those classes?bigred00427 9h
9h Pay to Win Problems I find, as someone with a limited budget, it a very frustrating experience being matched up constantly with people who've obviously spent much more time and money on their decks. I like a challenge and the grind to level up, but how about a match making system that pairs me with opponents closer to how many packs in my collection? This would weed out smurf accounts, since they'd be matched to other players of their caliber, and be a much more pleasant experience for people like myself who won't or can't spend money on this game.Zatnam11 9h
10h Reporting offensive name There is no option at Battle.net to report an offensive naming tag in either Battle.net or Hearthstone, that I could find, and I did look. You guys need to seriously pick up your customer support. And yes, I could probably phone, but this being 'the future' we have something called the internet, and I'd like to just report the name and be don with it. Since Blizzard can't tell you what they're going to do with the player anyway, the phone call would be that much wasted air. I will not shame the player with the name here, I ask Blizzard to contact me directly so I may report it.OghmaEh60 10h
11h Why the H8 M8? (Wild) As Hearthstone ages, we go through phases of overpowered cards in order to be able to test them and figure out what they do to the health of the game. But there is one card...One card that is so overpowered that i enjoy auto including in every deck no matter what type of deck it is (Wild) and that card is.... Piloted Shredder. This card falls in the COMMON rarity (OP AF) and is one of my favourite cards of all time because of how satisfying it is to play it without having to use your brain; but instead using RNG to win the game for you. What card is your fav OP card?SSWAYS5 11h
13h Card Pack Legendary System The new system is a step in a direction. But is it the right one? The new system now has a UX of hoarding cards. But players may not use, see value in, or have fun playing all of the cards. We could have a badge or gem system. When you open a legendary, you also get a gem in your collection manager. If you don't want the card, or want the dust more, the player can dust the card. However, the gem remains in the players collection manager and prevents any dupe of that legendary. Should the player ever want to recollect that card, they can smash the gem. Yas? Or nah...Persa1 13h
13h Quit vs Concede I have played a lot of games in which my opponent quits the game rather that just conceding the match. This forces me to wait until they time out and I get the message that my opponent has left the game. My suggestion is to have a pop up response to quitting the game during a match asking if you want to concede before quitting. This would force players to simply concede before they leave. If a player is disconnected from the game it makes sense to get the message that the player has left but if they are trying to rage quit it becomes a huge waste of my time.dogzombie12 13h
13h Do something about ropers please This has long been a problem in HS. A 5-10 minute game shouldn't take 30-40 minutes just because your opponent plays their cards and the purposely waits until the rope runs out to end their turn. This problem is even worse when they are running a slow deck to begin with. Just because you suck at the game, doesn't mean you should try make the match take an hour hoping your opponent will just give you the win.Routanne6 13h
14h Any word of Tyrande? I like it when there's special "limited time" events but it's bad when u can't get them in certain regions like the Tyrande Whisperwind event. Are they planning on having it available in all regions at some point before it goes away forever? I can't stand Anduin.simon54 14h
15h Amazon coins Maybe I'm missing something but is amazon coins available on iPad? I only see android tabletsIwinUlose9 15h
16h What grinds your gears? Whats a common or annoying occurrence in your hearthstone game experience that really grinds those nerves to dust? and what would you do to improve it? Could it be Pirates? Perhaps a Mage getting the perfect card to tear your plans away in an instant? Even a Fledgling Druid play!Majoroyalty40 16h
17h Friends list shrinking 13 people listed as not playing for over a month. Anyone else see the trend of less people playing from their friend listsIwinUlose3 17h
17h Get Lost Blizzard I don't want to play Arena. Why give me a quest to play 3 of them. Seriously, the worst thing you've done ever. I picked random cards for my free run and conceded as soon as I good. Enjoy your free wins people. Better than the Ragnaros festival?? No, 500 times worse.Lankybrit14 17h
19h Blizzard: You are all fools. They literally just called every single player who plays this game a fool. They think we are fools and now they are rubbing it in our faces? What is going on here?MetalX7 19h
19h Submit your fun ideas here So for me I have had the idea of offspecs Also maybe opening up 2vs2 (only allow certain classes to pair until they found a balance or removed some cards from classes or allowed a certain number of spells etc) it would take some time but blizzard... why the hell not take a damn chance new classes (obvious one) being able to combine two cards to create something better or maybe a chance of something really good Cards that come in different looks similar to the new hero power (deathwing in human form) Cards that tribute people like Muhammad Ali (you guys did leroy jenkins you know come on) XD Being able to check off who you do not want to play against (shaman) this idea would require some work too like maybe get to do it a couple times a day? Being able to trade cards with your friends...Sry4thewait9 19h
19h Maybe add new Keyword They should add a key word maybe anger which makes minions do extra damage if you hit face. eg. so if 5/5 with this keyword hits face and its "anger:2" it does 7 damge to face. but if hitting minions, it only does 5 damgegcheese12 19h
19h Are there cards rotating out? I'm sure this info would be out there somewhere but very time poor. Can someone help me by confirming what card set is rotating out if any? Thanks!Morin2 19h
21h Packs from choosing a Champion I am just curious if any one has received their My Champions selection pack(s) from the last tournament? A friend of mine says he received his but I did not.GrimWolf4 21h
22h Dear Ragnaros Please come slay ahune , his frost festival is awful and isnt rewarding enough . Bring back the fire festival!!!!Lyryal3 22h
22h Question for final mission in Karazhan: Hi, I'm a new player in Health Stone who started to play the game last week. I have a question in Karazhan (Heroic), the last mission "Free Medivh".Labibi15 22h
1d A quick question. Opening packs next exp I read somewhere on his website: "..you will never open more copies of any card in a pack than you can use in a single deck". So what happens if u soon open like 60 packs or some people 100+packs and of course really quick already get all common and rares.. what happens after u open the next pack? Then I guess the pack can't open any common or rares.. but still needs to open 6 cards for you that u don't have. So u will start opening packs with only epics and maybe a 1 or more legendary out of 1 pack?Wantsum7 1d
1d Many Questions Why in World of Warcraft you can return back from the polymorph form while in Hearthstone silencing polymorph will result in your opponent BMing you? Why Anduin Wrynn would have its own super cool looking gothic Death Knight hero card while we didn't even knew he was a boy until pach 7.2 cinematic? Why Hungry Crab doesn't work on Morgl The Oracle he is a murloc right ? Why play 3 mana 5/1 Magma Rager when you can play 3 mana 5/2 Ice Rager? Why play 7 mana 7/7 War Golem when you can play 7 mana 9/9 Dr.Boom? Why Virmen Sensei is not a Beast ? Why you can only get up to golden EPIC card from ranked chest even if you finished LEGEND 1 this season. After Knights of The Frozen Throne is released Hunters would be like: Plays full face hunter, leaves the opponent at 9 health, plays Deathstalker Rexxar loses the game. ...Artimediz3 1d
1d The new launcher icons are ugly. Why did someone think that a watered down version of the old icons was better?sapphiron229 1d
1d Unlucky or bug ? Hi, I have been through some unlucky streak in terms of packs, because I opened 16+ packs (not at once) and I did not obtain a single epic, not speaking of legendary or golden type of card. I was told that you should get something better than rare in every 10 packs but I dont know whether that is true. Could this be therefore considered a bug ??Fixirt2 1d
1d Getting pretty good at predicting cards Not that it is hard when every game features a perfect draw by one of the two players. I think it could be a decent drinking game. Drink if you call it wrong.EvilB0 1d
1d Feedback on Gameplay/Possible Bots So it doesn't seem straight forward where to give feedback on the issues I want to raise. So I'm posting in the forums, if there is a feedback form or something where I can document my concerns please point me in that direction please. I enjoy Hearthstone and it really doesn't matter how much any player has or has not spent on this game but something needs to change. So I obviously can't provide any proof that the majority of my games are played against bots, but I find it unusual that nearly all the players rope nearly every turn and have patterns where they move the cursor over. The game is becoming extremely unfun. I enjoyed the fast pace game but it's getting to the point where I can't play on mobile unless I want to commit like 10 minutes or more a game. I literally just played an arena game which started off normal (except every turn my opponent took almost used up the rope). Then when they summoned a minion that adapted twice, they selected the first then roped their turn. Then after that stopped responding and roped the next two turns. During the second turn they responded but didn't get all their actions in. I ended up winning but the game took 15 minutes, a little bit too much time in my book certainly for a casual mobile game. Like I said I want to provide feedback, but to just play the game and have some fun it's becoming a complete grind.Paul30002 1d
1d Bonestorm? I think I yet now why Marrowmar has the most followers. All hail Icecrown bosses on cell phones!Quill0 1d
1d Paying for Pre Purchase pack bundle with Gold I am excited as usual about the upcoming expansion. I just wish that there was a gold option for payment for the pre purchase 50 packs. Me and I'm sure others as well would gladly pay a discounted 50 pack bundle with gold rather than $50. Say maybe 3333 so the same ratio for paying with cash in a normal transaction and for the pre bundle 66%. I understand that blizzard is a business, but I think that amount of gold will limit how many would actually save that much gold. ThanksNihilist4 1d
1d Tyrande Whisperwind i would deeply appreciate it if any staff member could attend to the topic to answer me. i am wondering if will ever Tyrande Whisperwind return to be a loot in Twitch Prime or even better, be an item i can purchase from Blizzard shop directly? i would post a suggestion about it, but there is no proper section for it in the forums or in the support site. thanks in advance!DarkMooN3 1d
1d Druid Mana Gain Discrepency, why? Hopefully someone can enlighten me regarding the Druid Class. Why is that that Nourish is the only mana growing card which that same turn you play Nourish you are given 2 additional and usable mana that same turn? why do cards like Wild Growth, Jade Blossom and Mire Keeper give you the additional 1 mana, but it's not usable until next turn? Is it for balancing purposes that the cards are worded differently between gain 2 mana crystals and gain an empty mana crystal? Thanks for any insightNihilist3 1d
1d Kharazan worth it?? Hi guys.. Im new. To hs and thinking of buying all kharazan Ive heard that expansions rollout and a new one is coming.. Is it worth buying still? How long will kharazan be around? Im looking at standard hereNibz3 1d
1d What killed the Dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!!Roughstack10 1d