Community Discussion

Aug 9, 2013 Welcome: Please read! Hello, and welcome to the Community Discussion forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss what is going on in the community of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. Fansite news and updates, player run tournaments, and community creations all have a place here in this forum. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting.Zeriyah0 Aug 9, 2013
Mar 12 Introducing Fireside Gatherings! Well met, fellow tavern-goers! Do you love Hearthstone? Looking for other worthy opponents to challenge? Want to just enjoy the game with like-minded Hearthstone players in your area? Then Fireside Gatherings are exactly what you’re looking for! Join us as we celebrate the launch of Hearthstone on iPad by attending a Fireside Gathering. Fireside Gatherings are get-togethers in public hangouts like coffee shops, book stores, and dorms where you can meet and mingle with local Hearthstone players. Trade strategy secrets, show off your decks, or even host mini tournaments—it’s all up to you! These events range in size from 5-10 people in a small group to 100+ in a huge gathering, and require absolutely no minimum skill level. The more the merrier! Behold . . . the power of friendship! Fireside Gatherings offer the opportunity to add the new “Fireside Friends” card back to your collection! This card back can be obtained by playing three matches against another player on the same network using the following criteria: At least three people (including yourself) must be logged into Hearthstone on the same subnet. Each match must be played against a player that is playing on the same subnet as you. These matches can be played against your friends or using the Player Near Me feature, as long as the above two criteria are met. The Fireside Friends card back will become available starting on Saturday, April 26th for a limited time! The last day that you can add the Fireside Friends card back to your collection will be announced at a later date. Be sure to attend a Fireside Gathering near you or utilize the Players Near Me feature in Hearthstone so you don’t miss out on this opportunity to collect this unique card back that’ll make you feel right at home. While you don’t need to attend a Fireside Gathering to get this card back, attending a Fireside Gathering is a great opportunity to meet some new friends, enjoy a few rounds of Hearthstone with good company, and gain this card back in the process! The Fireside Friends card back will be instantly added to your collection as soon as you finish your three matches provided that they follow the friendly guidelines above! To find an official Hearthstone get-together in your area, visit the all-new Fireside Gatherings website here. These events are hosted in direct partnership with Blizzard Entertainment and are a great place to take your iPad and meet up with other Hearthstone-loving locals. To host these awesome events, we’ve partnered with colleges such as Brigham Young University Hawaii, University of California Irvine, University of North Texas, and University of North Carolina Charlotte! Can’t find a Fireside Gathering nearby? Don’t sweat it. Hosting a Fireside Gathering is easy! Head over to the official Fireside Gatherings website for all the resources you will need to get started. You’ll find helpful tips and tricks about how to host a great event, as well as a poster template that you can print and display at your venue! When you’re ready to share your event with the world, or to find locally-run events in your area, visit LiquidHearth. LiquidHearth’s event listing can be used to promote your event and find other Hearthstone players in your community to play with. We want to encourage Fireside Gatherings everywhere there are passionate Hearthstone players, so if you don’t find an event near you, don’t hesitate to work with local gaming groups in your community to spread awareness of Fireside Gatherings near and far. Well, what are you waiting for? Sign up to attend or host a Fireside Gathering today!Zeriyah216 Mar 12
Dec 14 Hearthstone Community Calendar Find all of the latest and greatest in Hearthstone shows, tournaments, and podcasts with the Hearthstone Calendar! Use the tabs at the top of the page to easily navigate though all things happening with Hearthstone's community!Zeriyah6 Dec 14
Jul 31, 2014 How to Host a Fireside Gathering Now’s your chance to step into the Innkeeper’s shoes and host a Fireside Gathering of your own! It’s easier than you think to get your Gathering going, and hosting is really quite rewarding. There's no better way to get to know your local fellow Hearthstone gamers and make new friends, and become an important part of the growing Hearthstone community. Oh, and did we mention even hosting a small Gathering is a great way to earn your Fireside Friends card back? We’re also already hard at work developing a program so we can better support Innkeepers, and perhaps provide some perks along the way! Interested? Great! Visit the blog to learn more, and download the Innkeeper's Resources document to get started. We can't wait to hear all about your Fireside Gatherings!Daxxarri24 Jul 31, 2014
30m Rank 5 and Down I am for the first time at the R5 level. I was at 4 last night. I've never been this far which is cool but, surprisingly at least to me, the level of competition here is no different then any other rank. In addition you can just see how badly netdecking is used in the game. I feel like throwing up in fact.Bozzburgh0 30m
34m paid players have easier match up? my friend, blankaman just dropped this on me. he said because i bought some packs with rilz money before so i have easier matchup. we tried to put his conspiracy theory to test, we used the same pirate deck and tried to climb the ladder. i'm somewhere near lejen and he's forever 16. is he onto something here guys? *sorry for this newbs question, i just started playing last weekcokey3 34m
37m HCT Winter Championship card packs missing!! well the HCT winter championship ended already , and i login in hearthstone and theres no card packs , is someone having the same issue? is there a place where we have to redeem our packs? i choose Docpwn btwundrz9 37m
45m Gadgetzan Packs for picking a Champion When do we get the Gadgetzan packs for picking our champion in the winter tournament?BGuardian1 45m
1h Choose your champion How do I find out who I chose I can't remember?Pascalini11 1h
1h Okay, Jokes over. Where's the real Paladin cards? The current revealed ones have to be a joke right? Nobody could make so many bad cards for the same class on accident. Especially one that is currently struggling to stay competitive as it is. We still have a few cards to be revealed, but everyone knows what they are. 1 more unplayable secret that punishes you for using your hero power. 1 more unplayable buff that will never see play. 1 more weapon that is just a worse/more expensive version of a warrior weapon. 1 more completely situational win-more minion that sits in your hand so you don't waste it's battlecry.FuryBull65 1h
1h Golden Kun the Forgotten King Just got one from my free gadgetzan pack. Really pretty. Not sure how useful it'll be. Recommend keeping it or dusting it for another legendary?Legotti4 1h
1h can you handle the truth :) honest trailer HS....https://youtu.be/UMqBOmvba0gmalibuda3 1h
2h 53 Un'Goro packs (2 Legends at best) So I now have 53packs. So looking forward, too getting 2 legends. 1 from opening 40 packs, and the other from poor dust return....... Excellent. I can't see my self playing on after this expansion if I have to spend 200 pound min. Lets face it Dawn of war 3..... Going to take my dollar instead after this.....FireGhouL4 2h
4h Jade Mammoth (Un Goro Card reveal) 9 Mana neutral minion 12/12, charge. This minion can not attack heroes. Gains divine shield every time you summon a jade golem.KaRNak3 4h
4h Patches ? Disclaimer: apology in advance if this gets anyone angry I knew I was close to opening a legendary from MSOG and it was Patches.. I never want to play PW deck and don't see much use for him other than making ppl angry. Don't get me wrong I'm happy to have pulled a decent legendary as it could have been Madam Goya..so my question. If your not using PW and don't particularly like pirates would you dust? Thanks for inputNightangel12 4h
4h Crafting golden Ragnaros and Sylvanas or not OK, so i just saw the latest news from blizzard that they are going to give you the dust from the cards they are moveing to wild, and my first thought was that i should craft golden Sylvanas and golden Ragnaros, since you would get the dust back, and then you could disenchant them and get even more dust. however i did some research and several people are saying that i should not craft them if i already own the non-golden ones. But as far as i can see it is definitely worth crafting them. here is my math: Option A. (not crafting golden, but having normal) you would get 1600 dust from blizzard, and 400 dust from disenchanting it! you would end up with 2000 dust Option B. (Having the normal and crafting golden) You would get 3200 from blizzard and 400 + 1600 from disenchanting them, but you would have to pay 3200! You would end up with 2400 dust, witch is 400 more dust than in option A. Am i missing something?MajorUrias47 4h
5h Designing 5 More Rogue Poisons Hello Friends~ There's a popular topic going on over in the Play Mode forum about Rogue weapons and hero power. Both have been considered to be underwhelming. I think that Rogue Hero power should be changed to something else, but given how unlikely that is I wanted to constructively share my alternate idea: A TON more rogue poisons to supplement the hero power. Currently we've got Deadly Poison, which for one mana adds two damage to the weapon. I'd like to propose a few more poisons I dreamt up. All would be 1 mana cost, just like DP. I think that making them anything more than 1 mana makes them too slow. Shadeleaf Posion: Deal 3 damage to an enemy character at the start of your next turn (essentially a DOT) Blackjack: +1 damage to your weapon and it stuns an enemy character for one turn (a new mechanic, essentially freezing an enemy character when they are hit, just like Sap skill in WoW). Gilden Poison: Every time your hero attacks, add a coin to your hand. (To support miracle rogues and the new rogue legendary plant guy). Weapon Chain: Gives your weapon +1 damage and it is disarmable. Strategic Poison: Draw a card every time your hero attacks. I can't say that all of these cards would see play, but I feel like it would provide some long overdue support for a class with a pretty poor hero power. There's tons of open "design space" to explore in this direction as well. It also fits extremely well with the character's identity. How do you guys in the community feel about Rogue Poisons being a thing?GabesRage0 5h
5h First time I'm not buying packs I figure I have enough cards now to earn them I wish I did this from the beginning but at least I can start here. Anyone else?MASKOAA2 5h
6h A sound would be nice when messaged. Can't tell you how many times I'm waiting for a friend to finish a match so we can do the 80g challenge but his message doesn't make a nose so I'm watching a Youtube clip completely unaware.MASKOAA0 6h
7h 3 I LOVE that I get a pack of the next expansion's cards for the Brawl reward! Do I have to look at that '1' for the next month though? It's disconcerting. EDIT: Updated the title to reflect that it's now twice as bad as last week. EDIT 2: Discomfort intensifies.Flame24 7h
7h I hope elemental won't be the new jade. It's fun when new expansion offer new card synergy .... But nobody like tier 1 mindless deck like jade crap. I hope elemental will be a tier 2 deck and not the new jade crap deck. We want more card like in the old gold less like those jade crap :(MadeInQuebec5 7h
7h Transferring collection to another region I need help as I play on Asia but the tournaments near me are on Americas. I am willing to pay a fee in order to transfer as long as I get the cards, gold and dust transferred.Billuminati0 7h
7h Golden card cell phone app Anyone else wish there was an app that took your collection and made it so that you background on your phone or desktop showed off your golden cards? It could either let you choose one piece of card art or just randomly cycle between all the golden cards you own. Tbh i don't know how hard this would be to program but I don't think it'd be that hard and it would add to the excitement of getting golden cards.Themtaw0 7h
7h New Year = More Perfect Draws Every game I have played today has featured a perfect draw. Seems about an even 50% whether I get it or my opponent does. The most obvious cases are the mirror matches where I am playing the same deck. Amazing how one player gets a perfect draw and the other gets crap. Never both bad or both good. Funny how that works. Lifecoach hit it on the head when he said they are trying to make the games shorter and less skill intensive. Nothing like playing the cards as you draw them then top decking the game winner to stimulate the intellect.EvilB1 7h
8h 70% of cards duplicated 4+ times is NORMAL I play Hearthstone every day since the public launch of the game. I have every adventure, almost all the cards, two (almost three) golden heroes, and up to the last exp, I was happy to pay Blizzard for the expansions and some packs. Since the last expansion went live I'm asking the support team to tell me the drop percentage of common MSoG card packs. I sent them (and posted here in another topic) the list of cards I got 4 or more times im my first lot of packs. In 59 packs, 69,8% of the cards were copies of cards I got 4 or more times. More than a dozen of those common cards I got 10+ copies each (that's around a third of all the cards I got). To be clear: 206/295 cards were cards I got 4 or more copies. After a long exchange of message via web tickets, they told me that "according to them" that ratio is NORMAL. This is really really sad. Blizzsad's attitude here is taking away the fun from pack opening. That was the last fun we had. We have already forgotten the fun of gameplay.Ton28 8h
9h How did this game get so bad so fast? The last three games out of five I played: -Pirate Warrior -Face Hunter -Buff Paladin In each of those games I threw down an average of 3-5 taunts in the first 7 mana. In each of those games I dropped Reno within 7 mana for a heal of 15-23 health. In each of those games the enemy used a mere 0-3 non-minion cards within 7 mana. In each of those games, I did 0-5 damage to the enemy hero, trying to clear his minions instead. In each of those games I was dead in 7 or less turns. I've been playing Hearthstone since day 1. I have every legendary I care to have and thousands of dust sitting around collecting...non-dust. I have some pretty solid decks. Maybe it's just me, but this new meta is absolutely horrible. And maybe it's just me, but I don't think the devs will take one step to change it because they never do. I feel stupid for pre-ordering Un'Goro.DukeRust7 9h
9h I dont get weasel tunneler I have tried to figure out a good use for the card (if its a "curse" i could send over to the opponent with the card etc) but i cant figure out a use of this card. Used google search but what i found did not make sense because it went a bit over my head, so can some one please explain in a simple term (if possible) the use of this card?. edit: I saw a loop example, where you where able to Loop the Tunneler back over and over for no mana, but such tricks is not very useful because i believe you need to be very lucky with the draw to achieve that effect.simalarion9 9h
10h Jade spam = RIP Hearthstone... So I thought I'd give the game another chance after a long break, after being disgusted with the silliness allowed in ranked play, only to come back and find the utterly daft mechanic of Jade Golems. How a company like Blizzard could allow absurdity in a game with such HUGE potential boggles my mind. I thought Cthun was bad, but this is a new level of mindlessness. For me this is the nail in the coffin. Not only that but I was considering getting Overwatch, but this latest release left such a bad taste in my mouth I'm boycotting anything Blizzard.Morrolan16 10h
10h Please Guys Read ( Naxxramas ) Please Blizzard just please bring it back. I know you have removed it since you dont want people buying it coz you cant use the cards in standard anymore. But what about all those players who just want to buy it for the fun of it like me and playing all the missions. Just please bring it back and just warn everyone that they cant use the cards. Its a win win BlizzardMloup1 10h
10h Read and React Guys Please Blizzard just please bring it back. I know you have removed it since you dont want people buying it coz you cant use the cards in standard anymore. But what about all those players who just want to buy it for the fun of it like me and playing all the missions. Just please bring it back and just warn everyone that they cant use the cards. Its a win win BlizzardMloup0 10h
10h [Youtube] LegendJeremy Hearthstone Videos I will be updating this thread whenever I post a new video. I upload one video daily Monday-Friday. All my videos can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/c/LegendJeremyHSLegendJeremy338 10h
12h Disconecting instead of conceding... When will blizzard punish those who constantly disconnect games rather than conceding games? Bad enough sitting there wondering if you have disconnected, and trying to see if the opponents card light up when u toggle over them, plenty of times nothing happens. Stop pandering to the minority, punish those who think they are trying to be clever by wasting people's time. Guarantee they would stop it if there was something in place as a punishment, plenty of other games do it!Elgarr11 12h
12h card suggestions to add in Mage card....6 mana cost Inferno: at the end of each of your 3 next turn deal 2 damage to ALL minions Shaman card...2 Mana Cost Earthen Statue.....2/6 Taunt....cannot attack Warlock Card...5 mana cost Vicious Imp:....5/7...throw 3 missiles to any enemy target....hit your hero for 2 dmg at the end of your turn Warrior Card...4 mana cost...Legendary ?????......1/7.....enemies hit by this card bleed for 1 damage every turn Rogue Card...6 mana cost.....Legendary ?????......3/9....enemies hit by this card get hit twice of this card dmg..if an enemy die from the first blow the second hit goes to a random target Paladin Card...2 mana cost ????....6//6....cannot attack heroes...loose 2 attack at the end of your turn Druid Card....3 mana cost ????....2/6 at the end of your turn restore 2 health to ALL character Priest....4 mana cost House of priests:.....2/4...at the end of your turn summon a 2/2 priest Hunter.... 7 mana cost Rain of Frogs:.....summon 4 2/4 frogs common class card....2 mana cost 1/10....taunt....cannot attack....cannot be target by spell or hero power 5 mana cost 3/7....battlecry:hit 2 random enemy minion for 2 dmg 8 mana cost 4/9....ALL minions are unable to attack until this die 9 mana cost 6/9.....put 2 minions from each player hand on the field and they cannot attack heroes until they killed the opponent cards that were summon by this 4 mana cost 4/4....gain +2 life everytime a minion die 4 mana cost 4/2...this minion cannot be attack in ANY direct way...deathrattle: summon a 2/2 apprentice 10 mana cost 12/15...taunt....cannot attack....discard your hand...cannot be target by spells...destroy your newly acquire cards...cannot be silence...deal 1 dmg to your opponent hero at the end of your turn 7 mana cost 4/6..reflect spells unto a random opponent minion(entomb for example will entomb the caster minion instead) 3 mana cost ????......3/4...whenever an enemy minion try to attack your hero it will instead attack a random minion 5 mana cost(Legendary) Infiltrator...2/5....Battlecry:join the enemy side.......destroy 2 cards in your deck at the start of your turn...destroy 1 card in your hand at the end of your turn 7 mana cost ?????...1/1....Battlecry:destroy all other minions and summon a 1/3 taunt mutants to replace them...absorb 1 enemy mutant stats at the end of each turn 10 mana cost ?????....6/8 enemies hit by this transfer their stats to it(unless it die in 1 hit)...any spell thrown at this card will get their effect change to deal 3 dmgblood136663 12h
12h Fireside Gatherings Greetings Everyone! One of the main things I work with here at Blizzard is Fireside Gatherings. This program is a huge passion of mine and I always love to talk to fans about it. I wanted to perhaps see if anyone had attended any of these events in the past and had any stories to share.  I would also love to address any questions anyone may have about running or attending these events! Thanks!Jesse Hill3 12h
13h Be honest Some questions to people that never spent a dime: 1.Do you enjoy this game? 2.What are your thoughts when you encounter the golden Legendary people? 3.Have you ever got a worthwhile Legendary from 100 gold packs? 4.Have you ever made it to 15 or further? 5.Do you have no money for other games? 6.What could be done to improve your expierience?Ares9 13h
13h Rank five Why am i losing stars at rank five? It says you cant lose stars at this rank!!!RedruM3 13h
14h How about a new emote "praise Yog" You can only when dropping yog just for laughsLostZealot2 14h
14h New class in Un'Goro: Hunter That makes 8! Can't wait to try out this new playable hero.Arc13 14h
15h eSports Scholarship Greetings! Lourdes University is looking for more Heroes! We are recruiting eSports athletes for the 2017-2018 school year; Not only are we recruiting, but also offering athletic scholarships to play as well! Our new Recreation Center will be housing the striking eSports arena being installed next month! It will be equipped with some of the best computers to ensure players have a perfect game while practicing and competing. Lourdes University has a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs including pre-professional career paths! Coupled with some amazing housing and a beautiful campus makes Lourdes University a pretty great place for anyone to get there higher education! The Lourdes eSports department wants several teams for many games, including Blizzard games like Heroes of the Storm. So if this sounds interesting to you, email me at bbriner@lourdes.edu or message me via any medium you can find me on! You can follow our development and watch our arena go up on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/LourdeseSports/) or Twitter (@LU_eSports). GLHF! Benjamin Briner Lourdes University eSports Coach bbriner@lourdes.edu www.lourdes.eduChronoBlow2 15h
16h Choose your champion Was wondering about the rewards for the choose your champion event, do you only get one pack or would you get more if the player you choose advanced further? Also when will they be handed out? Thanks in advanced! I chose Frozen ;DDankLotus4 16h
16h Pick a Champion Packs Whenever they do get delivered, don't get your hopes up on them being alot. Might get one pack per win I'm guessing.Paneross7 16h
16h How to beat a pirate warrior turn 1 rope turn 2 rope etc etc warrior rage quits, make sure you thank him with a well played.plethius4 16h
17h Skycap'n Kragg Is skycap'n kragg a jouster? Or does he just have a long hook arm to use atop his Scarlet Macaw?dinosaur10232 17h
19h eSports Scholarship Greetings! Lourdes University is looking for more Heroes! We are recruiting eSports athletes for the 2017-2018 school year; Not only are we recruiting, but also offering athletic scholarships to play as well! Our new Recreation Center will be housing the striking eSports arena being installed next month! It will be equipped with some of the best computers to ensure players have a perfect game while practicing and competing. Lourdes University has a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs including pre-professional career paths! Coupled with some amazing housing and a beautiful campus makes Lourdes University a pretty great place for anyone to get there higher education! The Lourdes eSports department wants several teams for many games, including Blizzard games like Hearthstone. So if this sounds interesting to you, email me at bbriner@lourdes.edu or message me via any medium you can find me on! You can follow our development and watch our arena go up on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/LourdeseSports/) or Twitter (@LU_eSports). GLHF! Benjamin Briner Lourdes University eSports Coach bbriner@lourdes.edu www.lourdes.eduChronoBlow0 19h
19h Disenchanting Extras Is there a way to make this include goldens if I have the max amount of regular cards for a deck? If not, I'd like to suggest this because I'm sure I'm not the only one that cares more about just having the cards needed for my deck than I do having golden cards. No, it's not hard to do it manually, I'm just thinking more of a QOL thing. Thanks.DelTheInsane1 19h
19h Will there be new solo adventures? Im curious, is it worth saving the gold, is there a new adventure expansion coming out with Un'Goro or no? :o since 3 adventure packs are going to wild, im curious what will replace themAegisTitan1 19h
20h why? Its just me or when you read the quest cards you say oky its good or Thats INCREDIBLE!,with the only exception its the Paladin who has the worst,useless,hard to made quest in the game...i mean... paladin its already weak and the cards that they released so for didnt help one bit...what do you belive? the paladin will still be one of the worst class in game or this cards/quest will help him?dunno about you but the last two expansion made me belive that blizzard have something personal with this class,i found it hard to belive that in over one year they cant make him decent Better Ideea make galvadon 8/8 and make all the silver hands recuits to get an adapt when you summon them or make you silver hand recruits 2/2 when they are called/summon...but not like this!Shark0 20h
20h Quest cards a bad thing? So I was thinking about the quest card which doesn't make me so excited a anyone else. It feels like I am the only one because no one ever mentioned one thing what will come with the quests: Aren't u guys afraid that the quest card is going to push people in to certain decks and certain cards u going to see over and over because they simply want to use the new meta quest card? For example: Priests need deathrattle for it. So u just going to see a lot deathrattle priests (and maybe slightly some different​ cards). I know u can leave the quest card out of it, but let's face it everyone wants to use it in the beginning. It just feels like it pushes to use certain cards and leave it less to creativity (because it simply just needs enough deathrattles in your deck to make use of it? Am I really the only one who concerned about this? I was hoping with this expension it will push people to use more different decks to use and let them all be creative instead of rewarding them to push them in a direction?Wantsum18 20h
21h Card class designation Is there anything on cards that designates their class or that they are neutral? If so I don't see it. I think it would be helpful and I'm surprised the info is missing.MagicTurtle3 21h
22h voting packs when blizzard give packs i have votet frozen?kneedeep1 22h