Arena Discussion

Sep 11 Arena Specifics Update 9.4 - 11/14/17 Death Knight Hero cards can no longer be drafted in Arena. Update 9.2 - 10/16/17 Vicious Fledgling can no longer be drafted in the Arena. The first two picks in an Arena draft are no longer more likely to include synergy-based cards. As part of our ongoing efforts to improve Class balance in the Arena, small appearance rate adjustments have been made to a number of Arena cards. Arena Rules - 8/31/17 Note: Neutral cards represent the baseline for all draft appearance rates. On average, Arena runs consist of 60% Common, 28% Rare, 10% Epic, and about 2% Legendary cards. Class minions are +100% more common than neutral cards. Class Spells and Weapons are +175% more common than neutral cards. Cards from the latest Expansion receive an additional +50% increase in their appearance rate. The following cards are unavailable in arena Jungle Giants, The Marsh Queen, Open the Waygate, The Last Kaleidosaur, Awaken the Makers, The Caverns Below, Unite the Murlocs, Lakkari Sacrifice, Fire Plume’s Heart, Klaxxi Amber Weaver, Dark Arakkoa, Cult Sorcerer, Hooded Acolyte, Twilight Darkmender, Blade of C’Thun, Usher of Souls, Ancient Shieldbearer, Twilight Geomancer, Disciple of C’Thun, Twilight Elder, C’Thun’s Chosen, Crazed Worshipper, Skeram Cultist, Twin Emperor Vek’lor, Doomcaller, C’Thun, Dust Devil, Totemic Might, Ancestral Healing, Windspeaker, Sacrificial Pact, Sense Demons, Faceless Summoner, Succubus, Savagery, Soul of the Forest, Mark of Nature, Warsong Commander, Rampage, Starving Buzzard, Timber Wolf, Snipe, Mind Blast, Lightwell, Purify and Inner Fire. Flamestrike, Abyssal Enforcer, and Vicious Fledgling appear in drafts 50% less often. Neutral cards from the Classic and Basic set appear 50% less often. Popular cards had small drop rate changes to address class balance concerns. We’re working to improve the Arena experience, and your feedback is always appreciated!Daxxarri101 Sep 11
Jul 6 Hearthstone Arena Pick Update In Update 10.4, we rolled out some significant changes to the Arena. Now we’ve had a chance to see the effects they’re having and read your feedback. We agree with the concern that many of you have expressed that there are slightly too many high powered cards appearing in Arena decks. Based on that, we recently implemented two changes to Arena picks via hotfix: • Legendary picks now appear less often. • Below average picks will now appear more often. We’re planning to keep a close eye on how these changes affect the Arena experience, so please let us know what you think. Thanks for your continued feedback, and we’ll see you in the tavern!Jesse Hill72 Jul 6
Jun 19 Arena Micro-Adjustment Update – June 20, 2018 Greetings! Micro-adjustment values for cards in Arena have been updated based on the recent performance of each class. This update excludes data from the ongoing Taverns of Time event. As explained in our recent blog, our goal is to even out win rates for each class, specifically for each to have a win rate close to 50%. Most classes have win rates within 1% of that target, but a few do not. This micro-adjustment update will do the following: • Druid and Paladin have been overperforming, so the average quality of their Arena picks has been lowered. • Warrior and Priest have been underperforming, so the average quality of their Arena picks has been increased. We would also like to share some bucketing changes made specifically for Taverns of Time. You may have already noticed them in play. We see that you have been enjoying this Arena event and want to ensure you get the best experience you possibly can. Together with the micro-adjustment update above, some Taverns of Time cards have had their buckets changed to more closely match their effective power level. The following cards have been moved upwards in buckets: Cavern Dreamer Master of Realities Timeway Wanderer Timebound Giant Chromie The following card has been moved downwards in buckets: Timeline Witness Thank you all for your continued feedback. :) Cheers and GLHF!Jesse Hill0 Jun 19
Apr 18 Hotfix 11.0.1 Arena Changes In an upcoming hotfix currently targeted for release on Thursday, April 19 (PDT), we will be making the following changes to the Arena: • Adjusted the buckets for certain cards so that they appear alongside cards of a similar power level, mostly from The Witchwood and Kobolds and Catacombs. • Lowered the appearance rate of Rare cards slightly and raised the appearance rate of Basic/Common cards slightly. Epic and Legendary cards should appear at the same rate. • Very slightly raised the appearance rate of below average cards. These changes should adjust the overall power level of Arena so that it feels like the choices players are making in their drafting decisions are more meaningful. Our goal is to continue making improvements to the Arena as needed and communicate these changes to our players as they are implemented. Thank you for your continued feedback.Jesse Hill0 Apr 18
Aug 16, 2013 Welcome: Please read! Hello, and welcome to the Arena forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the Arena with your fellow combatants. Discuss your best deck-building strategies, epic winning streaks and your best Arena decks within – and learn the ropes from other Arena veterans! Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting.Zeriyah0 Aug 16, 2013
9h Blizzard is good on breaking their own game cards like Fungalmancer, magnetic effects, stonehill defender, make everyone drafting aggro decks like stupid ladder. I just lose an arena run with 3 blizzard, because my 3 opponents play 1-2-3 coin Fungal. And before that I have a 12 win-rouge deck with just 3 fungal, 2 magnetic cards and whole deck < 7 mana. Come on Blizzard you already killed your ladder game. Do something please. Just ban fungalmancer, MCT, stonehill defender and some more in arena please.Aerotong5 9h
9h Arena Frustration Arena is extremely frustrating. In my last run I started 4-0 and ended up losing the next 3. First loss: My opponent top decked 2 Master Oakhearts and swung a game I was winning handily. To be honest, I didn't even know you could have two the same of the same legendaries in arena. Extremely stupid rule imo. It was already frustrating enough to deal with 2+ Primordial Drakes. At least limit the legendaries. I don't know. Second loss: Lost a close one. Third loss: Didn't even get to play anything. My opponent didn't mulligan a card and they blitzed me (Aggro Druid) after I drew all my big drops. Tried to frantically take back the field with a taunt last second but they had Power of the Wild and Branching paths. Anyways, really frustrating getting to 4-0 with a really poor deck (by arena tier score), and then losing to a double Master Oakheart and Aggro. Do I just keep plugging away until luck turns my way? I know the average win rate but this happens every single run to some degree or another. Thank you in advance for any replies. : )yata3 9h
1d Which class is better? I'm not an arena player but my dust and gold is rather low so I wanted to get into arena to maybe earn some gold for next expansion. The options for this run are pally, mage and rogue, which to my limited knowledge are all pretty solid (or the best ones). So... which one is better out of those 3 and if possible can someone give me a somewhat accurate tier rating. ThanksMarcusFenix7 1d
2d I know its the same old story This !@#$ is really out of hand. A MINION FEST dont make arena what it should be. I totally get the fact it will never be perfect. But when you dont stand a chance because of the turn you get its really time for the team to take notice. This is the 3rd draft where I was delt a complete collection of random minions its getting old and they haven't even said a word about changing the appearance rate of class cards/spells. I know waaa waaa quit crying but I love this game and its really making me start to look else where for my entertainment. 4 spells total. And this was all I was offered I sure didn't pass on any others https://ibb.co/iDTQCURazzleDazzl31 2d
2d Giggling Inventor Please think before including cards like this in arena in future.Isaac7 2d
4d Free Arena Coaching (5 time leaderboard) if anyone is interested in some free coaching, ill be streaming the next 8 hours and most days 12-8 pm central at https://www.twitch.tv/teamamerica_usa Edit:for clarity here is from my description Free Coaching Free arena coaching to anyone who is following. I would suggest you try to use Hearth Arena or we can skype screen share to help you draft and i can observe you and explain plays for you for a few games. 7th win Challenge Everyone knows the most important win in an arena run is the 7th win. If you are at 6 wins, give me your battle tag, I will observe your match and do my best to wizard you to your 7th win. if this is against tos can the mod please just delete this and not ban me.TeamAmerica11 4d
5d 5 gold is not a reward its a terrible reward and only forces you to play another arena to find a us for it and even then you might not get another 5 gold type of reward. it has been the worst thing you have ffs find a use for 5 gold or stop using as a reward.tuba0 5d
5d Prince Keleseth are you serious Enemy has Double Prince Keleseth turn 2 and 3 in arena ? how can this !@#$ even be.J0nSnowden2 5d
5d Legendaries in arena? Out of Hand? My first 3 arena games My deck build had no legendary options. 1st opponent: Neither of us had legendaries, good and fair. 2nd Opponent: Barron Geddon 3rd Opponent: Barron Geddon AND Onyxia Why the !@#$ am I versing people who have this %^-*. Like really? Many legendaries are game changers. Just balance you easy system to account for this.Vaynity11 5d
5d ‘New’ players using the beginners card back? Anyone else noticed that the new legendary rank card back status is the blue and yellow beginners card back? Seems to be a lot of ‘brand new’ players making impressive plays! Maybe Blizzard have really stepped up their tutorials.Nakorium7 5d
5d Can you see me? DactylicM3 5d
5d Arena so boring now We need wild arena back.Ropemaster3 5d
5d Best class to counter mage? It is seemingly impossible to complete an arena currently without encountering at least one mage. Is there any class that stands out, besides another mage obviously, as a counter to mage in arena? Priest and Paladin are mentioned as reasonable choices, but against a mage specifically, how would you rate the classes, and what class and general cards would you look for specifically?Aven14 5d
6d What's the Point any more? Opponent plays a 1 drop into a 2 drop into a 3 drop into a 4 drop into a fungalmancer into a fungalmancer. And board clears don't seem to exist.Isaac1 6d
6d Making Arena Fair: matching deck quality We all know that Arena can sometimes be extremely unfair. One draft you get all the top cards and get 12 wins easily, the next you are given absolute garbage and can hardly reach 3 wins. Blizzard could rate decks according to card quality and match players who were given similar quality cards. You didn't get any flamestike nor meteor nor blizzard? No worries, your opponent either! Same for silversword or ultimate infestation, etc. This way, you will not bring a knife to a gun fight. This way, we will eliminate that incredible frustration of looking at your opponent playing top cards while you look at your rubbish hand....PanicButton12 6d
6d Arena STILL unbalanced (I'm expecting all the die hard arena fans to bash this post already. So go ahead as it really doesn't matter because nobody's going to get butt hurt except yourselves.) First off, what is with finding opponents within the first 3 matches that draft 3+ legendary cards (and I mean these are amazing Legendaries) when I myself only MAYBE get 1 tops. Most of the time I get 0 and they are like the worst kind. (imagine Nat the dark fisher or MMstorm) Secondly, I find it so stupid that as soon as you get 1 win it's straight down hill 3 loses in a row. Like I've seen some amazing decks at w1/L2 and inevitably 1/3. Recently I have been lucky if I see three wins. From what I have gathered there is no point to playing arena as it stands right now unless you are sucking the Luck God's dong and draft perfection. I do however agree that it takes some measure of skill to do well in arena. That being said however you still need the cards to be decent in order to succeed. Does blizzard have some sort of pity counter for arena? I imagine some sort of tracker that says "HA HA GIVE ALL THE TERRIBLE CARDS!!" and then 40+ arena drafts later. "Here, have one good draft.... but still lose 6 and 3". Is there some sort of secret to getting better arena drafts? (Like start a draft exactly at 6 AM PST) All-in-all if you have 150 gold buy a pack and not a draft because you just saved yourself 50 gold to spend on the next pack rather than throw it away in the virtual trash bin.ArcAngel4 6d
Sep 18 12 - 1 With double Supercollider Warrior Managed to get two Supercolliders for Warrior... One of my easiest 12 win runs so far. The card is stupidly OP in arena. Only loss was against shaman. I died to fatigue card number 3. He had three Volcanos. Alakir and loads of Elementals. I did not draw the Supercolliders until I had less than 15 cards left in deck. The run before this was 12 wins with Warlock. My first back to back 12 win runs =) Here is the deck... Eternium rover Faithfull lumi Omega assembly Amani Berserker Rocket boots Warpath Fiery war axe Hyldnir frostrider Mind control tech Mountainfire armour Spring rocket Stonehill defender Thunder lizzard Chillwind yeti Dread corsair Steel rager Witchwood piper Brawl Dyn-o-matic Giggling inventor Guild recruiter Nesting roc Silver hand knight Sunborn val'kyr 2x Supercollider Reckless rocketeer Furious Ettin 2x Bonemare Good and balanced deck. Few bad cards in there too but over ally pretty good. Brawl and Mind control tech didn't too much. Giggling gave targets to Bonemares. Without that the deck would have been lot worse. Omega assembly is great for slower deck like this one. Fun run =)Heretic17 Sep 18
Sep 14 Mind control tech needs to be removed Every time I try to do well in arena I end up getting destroyed simply because once I hit 4 minions the opponent plays mind control tech. It's extremely difficult to gain board control when you limit yourself to only 3 minions. Please remove mind control tech from arena drafting it is not needed and ruins the fun.RawrAzoids46 Sep 14
Sep 13 keleseth in arena, a very bad idea ok look at this and tell me this is fair https://imgur.com/a/TpFePuE who in his right mind would allow keleseth in arena!!!!!? a completely moron, that's whomark97018 Sep 13
Sep 12 never felt more anger i'm on 7-1, with 1, ONE, unos, EIN, epic card. one !@#$ing epic card, my whole draft is commons, rare, and basic cards, except for 1 epic card. what amazing super op epic card? oh oh but the pinata of course! primordial drake? meteor? pyroblast? no no, those are for the paying customers, free to play only get trash anyway i'm on 7-1, lost to an hunter keleseth turn2 ... and that's ok fine whatver i keep going, and i lose 7-2 to a mage that pulls rin from the pinata. i couldn't kill him in time, 4 hp left and no deck left, gg nice coinflip ,amazing play really then i say ok 7 wins is nice, let's keep going. and what happens? disconnect and i lose because i got disconnected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! %^-* you blizzardmark9702 Sep 12
Sep 9 Ultimate Infestation Today I lost my arena game to a druid because one card. Guess who it is, Ultimate Infestation. I was holding the broad with several small minions and a 53 behind the taunt. I got the board pressure and he was about 17 hp with only 1 minion on the board. Then this druid just Ultimate Infestation into innervate and my board was gone. He got a 55, draw full hand and destroyed my board. Laterly I was creating a mage deck and I saw a forgotten card-Facelesss Summoner, once been called an op card and was forced to rotate out of arena. No one actually use it cause it almost never fit into mage's theme and it could never be draft in arena. And I think about Ultimate Infestation. It's alrdy a broken card in construct. And when it comes to arena, it would be even broken and bring more impact then in construct. It basically a card dat win u a game as soon as u play it in arena. Yes, it is an epic card, but nowadays, as all those change be made in arena, it is so easy to draft an epic. Besides, the improve draft rate on class card and patch card, Ultimate Infestation would be so easy to draft in arena. It would make worse effort than Facelesss Summoner. If you've decided to remove Facelesss Summoner from arena, you should consider remove Ultimate Infestation from arena as well.Miles18 Sep 9
Sep 6 Silver Sword ban in Arena Card is really good, once cast with minions on board, you win nearly all the time, worse then bonemare.Praetorian4 Sep 6
Sep 5 Seven Zilliaxes in a row! My last seven Arena opponents all ran Zilliax. Most got it from a Stonehill Defender. I mean, OK, but seven in row? Really? I lost two of those games solely to him being magnetized onto something else and giving absolutely crazy value and in every game he was a big swing for my opponent.Lemminkäinen3 Sep 5
Sep 5 whitch cauldron Is this not the greatest card ever? It single handed won me every game where I did play it.Rassy2 Sep 5
Sep 3 Will arena ever be respected? I am playing since the game's release, and my favorite part is arena. It feels though that they don't really respect the game type, and they don't take it into consideration when releasing new expansions. We had DKs in arena, making it super unbalanced(funny thing you can still discover them), then we had a fusion of 2 classes in ARENA which could just be a brawl instead of destroying a game type and leaderboards. Then we had "arena only" cards for 2 weeks. After that we had like 20 changes in legendary draft, I remember 1 week playing normal decks vs guys who had drafted at the insane legendary week (30%of decks had yshaarj). Then we had another event, with the infinite dragonflight and CHROMIE. Then again changes in ratios, and now we are at a point where (due to insane battlecry cards) playing 1st gives you a big advantage. I have been playing all those times, and I have enjoyed some but I feel like arena should be a more stable format. There is a big number of people playing only arena. You have brawl for seasonal events etc. I was impressed at how MTG kept all formats limited or constructed in mind when printing cards. Please do the same.Keelshot3 Sep 3
Sep 3 12-2 and then 0-3 Huge variance in Arena now, you either steamroll or you get steamrolled..Roughstack13 Sep 3
Sep 1 Is arena Better now? Nope im 0-2 the first game lost to UI(top decked it on an empty hand losing in health, board presence, and card advantage..but this one card wins him the game...even tho "low chances" to get class spells...my !@#... next game lose to Deathwing into Dark Possession into Jaraxass...after having board control card advantage and health advantage. So thats enough for me...$%^- this game...*!@# the dumb broken cards...and $%^- you blizzard...i never have fun anymore, i calculate my turns , do everything correct(mostly) and still get *!@# on at all times.. thanks for this game.VonDoom21 Sep 1
Aug 31 12 win arena rewards - what???!?!! It's taken me a long time to improve at arena and I finally hit the 12 win summit last night for the first time ever! Despite the following gripe I'm still quite happy with the accomplishment but man do I feel Blizzard has done their best to make it a garbage experience. My rewards were a pack, 325g, and a golden wisp. Yes, a golden....wisp. Seriously?! Not even for the first time can something more special be done? I got better rewards on my prior 11 win run (450g). Trying not to let it get me down but man that is seriously depressing. You folks at Blizzard need to take a long, hard look at 12 win rewards and make them something special because right now it doesn't feel worth the effort of getting there.Milamber14 Aug 31
Aug 30 Arena - going second Hi Blizz, How about you try taking turns on the going second? Holy !@#$, 3 arena games in a row, all times going second i.e. starting behind. You are certainly a special kind of stupid.Vaynity0 Aug 30
Aug 30 Looking for helpful videos to watch Fairly new and battling arena player here, my best is 4 wins. Usually get 1 or 2. I've read a fair few people recommend that new arena players should watch some videos. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations? Or even just other tips in general on how to improve a little?Jase4223 Aug 30
Aug 29 I Feel Like Arena Is In a Bad State Just my experience that since the last changes all the buckets are giving neutral cards mostly. As one example of many, I recently drafted Druid and got maybe 6-8 Druid cards and the rest were all vanilla stuff from the Neutral set. Its really hard to do well with such a deck.engine0 Aug 29
Aug 28 Legendaries in Arena? Horribly unfair? This Paladin seriously just won because he had an Alexstraza and a Deathwing. A Deathwing into a topdeck Blessing of Might doing 16 damage to the 15 HP I had due to Alexstraza. Are you serious? Why the hell does this guy have two legendaries that perfectly destroy me? Why? Why am I matched against this? I didn't get two legendaries. I didn't get one legendary. Why do I have to play against some idiot who gets two lucky legendaries? Why? Why Blizzard? Why do you do this to me? If I'm going to die to legendaries in Arena, at least give me some in my draft so I don't feel like I just got !@#$ on by the luckiest human being on the planet. Thanks for that.Lingonius18 Aug 28
Aug 26 Remove MCT from arena makes the game not fun. arena is mostly minion based, and having a card such as MCT is unnatural, just because it punishes you for playing minions, and that's what you should do in arena.. I feel like there is a new topic about MCT everyday, please consider atleast doing what you did to flamestrike at the timeBehindTheSun0 Aug 26
Aug 26 Remove Legendaries from arena Hi, Arena is improving, however; could you consider removing legendaries from arena? They are skill-less cards that normally sway the game in favor of the opponent that has one. Most of them are either, have an answer/removal or loose. So since you have lowered the chance of obtaining answers/removal in the game, this is an easy logical option/solution.Vaynity0 Aug 26
Aug 26 Fungalmancer Pre-bonemare nerf arena.Ropemaster0 Aug 26
Aug 25 Managing Blood Knight I've noticed that after playing Giggling Inventor I just get crushed by Blood Knight. A 9/9 is hard to remove. How is everyone managing this relationship? I'm sure I win more drafting GI when appropriate and maybe I've had some bad luck but I am seeing BK alot. I'm sure I win more by playing GI when needed as opposed to waiting for a way to remove or silence a 9/9. So how do you guys play your GI vs BK? What are some thoughts? Do you just suck it up? A discussion around divine shield and BK in general would be helpful in this arena please. Thanks!Zademus1 Aug 25
Aug 25 This xpac is a constructed-designed xpac Magnetic effect seems completely useless in arena. Getting this effect off happens so rarely that it is not worth any consideration to play around it. Even picking 'magnetic' cards to try and get a nice synergy deck does not seem worth it at all. After around 10 arena runs so far this ladder, I have only seen the 'magnetic' effect happen twice. That's it. I have personally not even been able to get this off a single time. Really seems that Blizzard had no consideration at all with arena when they made this expansion.WJSProwler17 Aug 25
Aug 22 Arena is pretty good now =) Arena seems to be in pretty good place now. Decks are toned down. Now its all about the minion combat. Like hearthstone was supposed to be. I just went 8 wins with mage deck that had nothing special in it. No legendaries. No Blizzards, Flamestrikes or Meteors. It was fun run. Not the crazy bull!@#$ that arena was in the last expansion. I have had no luck with Priest so far. Might be the worst class now. I went 12 with zoolock. Pretty standard good curve deck. One hellfire for board clears. No legendaries. It's nice to see that decks like this work now =) Super collider might be the most busted arena card at the moment. I have warrior deck with two of those going now. Crazy good card.Heretic10 Aug 22
Aug 22 Going second is backbreaking With as powerful as Blizzard made arena now (read: everyone gets a fair chance because of increased access to powerful cards) Going second is simply a ticket to losing more often than not Please bring arena back to how it was 2 years ago, how it was meant to be, With a lower power level, and more access to cards that don't/ won't normally see playKookies13 Aug 22
Aug 21 Could not have played it better https://hsreplay.net/replay/FzEeYXfCCsyNsuTuEZBHCF This game was insane. If I had made any other choice in any 1 turn this game it would have been a loss. I would say this is by far the most exacting required match I've ever played. Just the ridiculous amount of crap I had to push thru without aoe as a mage. Feels good that 1 HP mattered. Synopsis: A druid with plague, UI, tyrantus, cenarius, gloop sprayer, savage roar, web weave, spiteful summoner, naturalize, crypt lord, and a ton of other high power premium cards.DirtyHairy21 Aug 21
Aug 20 Triple Antonidas + Lich King Mage Deck https://ibb.co/mFwsTK Funny thing is, the Lich King was up against a 4th Antonidas. I could have had a 4-Antonidas deck. Predictions? Deck is currently at 3-0. Oh and the deck has three 1-mana spells not shown on the screenshot.SergioCQH2 Aug 20
Aug 20 Double Stormbringer deck lose I played tempo priest. Lost to double Stormbringer. Comments and suggestions welcome. https://hsreplay.net/replay/ZANCEB7ycrywrExvAVMJ29Frederick2 Aug 20
Aug 20 [SUGGESTION] Arena/Brawlesium Please remove the 5gold rewards from these modes. They are an ancient hold-over from when the 3wins used to award 5 gold.BrknSoul0 Aug 20
Aug 20 Why do I never get offered warlock Why do I never get offered warlock but continually matchup against them?RayzOfSun1 Aug 20
Aug 20 Im asking for help from experienced players. hi. first sorry for my english. im playing HS for around 7 month.hitting legend in contructed for last 3 months and started to focus on arena in recent 3 weeks because im f2player and i really want that arena rewards. so as a whole im experienced player. but i also hit the huge wall in my arena performance and cant improve. in the last 26 runs i only have 1 7wins+3 6 wins and almost most of them were 3 wins. im asking for help.is there a kind guy in the asia server that have time and want to help by spectating and teaching me?i will be very glad. here : Asia server : Heliamus#2784. please add me and message me if you want to help.Thanks!Heliamus1 Aug 20