Arena Discussion

Jan 19 Rng doesn't seem so random. I've played this game since launch, primarily the arena. In the last year or so I feel like any type of rng I encounter I get the worst possible results while my opponents get the exact card they need for the current situation. I feel like my rng is set to worst possible outcome. I don't know if it attributed to me using real currency to purchase arenas or somehow I forgot how to play this game and I just suck.mobbdeep4 Jan 19
Jan 19 Isn't warrior too strong? Warrior seems to be way stronger than other heroes, they always get like 2+ omega assembly and 2+ dragon roar. This happens just to me? Has this been happening to you? What you guys think about warrior in arena? I'm still learning english... so feel free to correct something that is misspelled.Trick2 Jan 19
Jan 19 I call BS on your arena matchmaking Been playing this game for what like 4 or 5 years now? I noticed something weird a long time ago in the arena. As you win more games you play against other people who are also winning more games. Which means you fight better and better players who have better and better decks. OK... That's fine... But what's been happening for the last several years now is this. I win 3 games I end up 3-3 I win 5 games I end up 5-3 I win 7 games I end up 7-3 I win 10 games I end up 10-3 I win 2 games I end up 2-3 I win 12 games, yay no losses I win 6 games I end up 6-3. See the pattern here? 99.9% of the time I almost always lose 3 games in a row. It's like the game purposely puts you against people who basically can't lose. They have all these awesome cards with multiple legendary decks and here I am trying to throw toothpicks at them cause I got crap picks and even worse draws. Now if the sample size of this was only like 20 or 30 arena plays I'd say sure maybe it's just RNG that i lose 3 games in a row EVERY flipping time. But this has been going on for YEARS now. Win 5, go 5-3. Win 3, go 3-3. Win 7, go 7-3. EVERY..........FLIPPING.............TIME! I call serious BS on this nonsense and your matchmaking needs to get fixed to fight more equal opponents. Not taking a deck with a 5 rating against ones with 100 rating 3 games in a row every time.Thatguy12 Jan 19
Jan 18 Dragon Roar and Arena Discussion *repost, I think I accidentally deleted this post and as discussing card balance is not against this forums TOS I doubt a forum mod deleted it. Thank you.* Let’s chat about Dragon Roar and why, in its current state, is bad for arena, examine some statistics and answer some common counter-arguments as to why this card is fine for arena. Dragon Roar The new Warrior Class card Dragon Roar costs 2 mana and generates 2 random dragon cards from the current pool of available dragons. Generally ‘discover’ or ‘generate’ type mechanics are balanced because the pool of available cards contains an even spread of terrible to great cards. Unfortunately the dragon tribe (see statistics) is heavily geared towards average (or better) cards with a ratio of 18 to 7 (more than 2.5 times to 1!) Dragons from Dragon Roar sorted by rank (HearthArena) **average or higher (+50 rank)** 18 dragons 10 - Deathwing 12/12 - Discard hand, destroy all other minions - 110 rank 9 - Onyxia 8/8 Fill your board with 1/1 whelps - 92 rank 8 - Primordial Drake 4/8 Taunt. 2 damage all other minions - 91 rank 5 - Dragonmaw Scorcher 3/6 - 1 damage to all other minions - 87 rank 5 - Cobalt Scalebane 5/5 - 3 attack to friendly minion - 80 rank 9 - Ysera 4/12 - Dream card at end of turn - 80 rank 8 - Sindragosa 8/8 - Summon 2 0/1 frozen champions - 77 rank 7 - Nightscale Matriarch 4/9 - Summon 3/3 welp when friendly minion heal - 77 4 - Duskbreaker 3/3 - 3 damage to all enemies if holding a dragon - 70 rank 9 - Alexstraza 8/8 - Set player to 15 hp - 65 rank 4 - Twilight Drake 4/1 - 1 health for each card - 64 rank 6 - Bone Drake 6/5 - Deathrattle Add random dragon - 64 rank 2 - Faerie Dragon 3/22 - Spell immune - 61 rank 3 - Nightmare Amalgam 3/4 - All tribes - 60 rank 5 - Carrion Drake 3/7 - If minion died gain poison - 59 rank 5 - Emberscale Drake 5/5 - 5 armor if holding dragon - 57 rank 4 - Hoarding Dragon 5/6 - 2 coins for opponent - 54 rank 9 - Sleepy Dragon 4/12 - Taunt - 53 rank **below average or lower (0 to 49 rank)** 7 dragons 9 - Malygos 4/12 - 5 spell damage - 46 rank 7 - Crowd Roaster 7/4 - 7 damage enemy minion if holding dragon - 44 rank 9 - Nozdormu 8/8 - 15 second turns - 38 rank 4 - Ebon Dragonsmith - 3/4 Reduce weapon cost by 2 - 32 rank 3 - Marsh Drake 5/4 - 2/1 Poison for opponent - 30 rank 10 - Emeriss 8/8 - Double attack and health of mininos in hand - 26 rank 7 - Temporus 6/6 - Opponent 2 turns then you 2 turns - 12 rank Common Statements about Dragon Roar being “Fine for Arena” “It’s a 2 mana, do nothing card.” Arena is a value game and ‘Card-Generators’ like Dragon Roar are rarely (if ever) played on curve. These are usually late game fuel to provide an advantage as the match approaches top-decking. (Omega Assembly, Thought Steal, etc). The 2 mana “Do nothing” issue isn’t as relevant when players are at 10 mana. “It’s RNG if you get a good dragon.” As the chart shows, out of the 25 possible dragons from Dragon Roar, a whopping 18 are ranked average or higher with only 7 possible dragons being below average. As an RNG card, Dragon Roar is insanely good value in arena. “Good luck playing (dragon)” Dragons generally have a high mana cost but as we established earlier, Dragon Roar, like other Card Generators, are generally late game fuel in arena and rarely played on curve. As both players approach turn 10 and as hand sizes near top-decking, playing a high-value dragon like Ysera or Deathwing will often win the game by themselves. Solutions Cards should never be balanced for ‘arena’ as this impacts constructed play for which they have been designed. The simplest solution to Dragon Roar is to remove it from the arena drafting pool (as Deathknights and MCT were). I could go in to balance suggestions for the card (rarity, mana cost, etc) but as mentioned, this would impact constructed and we shouldn’t look at balancing this way around (Arena influencing Constructed). What are your thoughts on Dragon Roar? Let me know your experiences with the card (in Arena). What’s it like to play it and play against it. Thanks for your time!AyaBlackpaw19 Jan 18
Jan 18 warpath what's the most warpaths you've seen on a warrior? 6 is my highestRopemaster2 Jan 18
Jan 18 Average win rate for new players So I have been playing Hearthstone for just shy of 2 weeks now and I thought I would give Arena a try today. My 1st run ended 4-3 and I was rewarded 80 Gold and a Rakastan Pack. What is the average or expected win rate for a new player? And also, I wondered if anyone could look over my last 2 games to see where I could improve. WIN: (4-2) https://hsreplay.net/replay/5MRKCK9JdxeVXSRQKKpDJC LOSS: (4-3) https://hsreplay.net/replay/X5kzK5KsdhJZKC4GsdEJGT I don't think I did too badly for a 1st run, but I can see some mistakes I made and would like to know how I might improve. It's the 1st time I have drafted a deck in Arena too so that was an experience.Xnstra12 Jan 18
Jan 17 I don't get it I played 3 Arena runs today and I just don't understand it. In all 3 i get a mess of chatic cards that have very little synergy with each other and only 1 single Legendary 0 epics. While all 3 of my opponents are playing decks that look like they themselves put together. Perfect synergy cards, perfect draw i just don't get how this is random in any way shape or form..... Perhaps it is the matching system trying to force me to spend money, but that will never happen i don't spend money on games period.Krickett11 Jan 17
Jan 16 Why reward dust Why do you even reward dust in arena? If I wanted dust that bad, I’ll disenchant my golden cards, thanks. Cheap pr1cks. Arena rewards sucks now.Warren19942 Jan 16
Jan 12 Arena meta Arena meta. Lots of hunters and warriors,few rogues and warlocks,Almost none of the other classes and not a single shaman. Warlock- Strong:almost anything depending on draft Weak:hunter Warrior- Strong:hunter Weak:druid Rogue- Strong:priest Weak:warlock,hunter Hunter- Strong-warlock,rogue Weak-warrior,druid,priest Priest- Strong:hunter,mage Weak:druid,rogue Paladin- Strong:warrior Weak:warlock Shaman- Strong:warrior Weak:mage Mage- Strong:rogue,shaman Weak:druid,priest Something like this maybe. Shaman is non existent and ther is also not many mages and paladins. They seem to be the weakest classes and bottom tier. Best classes is warrior hunter i think and mid tier is warlock,rogue,druid,priestRassy0 Jan 12
Jan 10 Val'anyr needs ban in arena! It is just insane, if you draft it it's an instant 12 wins. How can MCT get banned and this still be in the draft? blizzard common!HitTheCore2 Jan 10
Jan 10 Get rid of mind control Every game i play against priest they have this annoying card. Completely swings the game in their favor. There is no counter to this cardHexxedFrog2 Jan 10
Jan 10 Arena. Is this LEGAL? Tried to play arena. From all cards that I was offered - no global synergy. I mean - only 4 beasts. (Was playing hunter, and really - it OFFERED me beasts, any beasts, only 4 times). Only 3 mechas (and only 1 with magnetism). Only 1 secret (once could choose from 3 different secrets). No legendaries. Almost no epics to choose from. Aaaaand my first enemy - warrior with 6 or 7 dragons of different kind. With synergy "if you have dragon in your hand" and TWO DRAGON LEGENDARIES. IS THIS EVER LEGAL?!Mirror1 Jan 10
Jan 10 Arena biased for paying players I am f2p player and I reach typically rank 10. I have played arena 63 times and I was never able to pass 4 wins. I'll admit that I probably lost many due to bad play. However, my deck draws are always completely garbage. After that, I play against guys that almost have a perfect constructed deck..... :( I get mad because according to Blizzard, if you play well, then you can win decks in arena. What a scam..... they should say that if you have spent money, then we'll "help" you ....DJGamer11 Jan 10
Jan 10 Arena is trash Same draft options over and over, no unique options. No way to deal with snowballing with lots of classes, lots of board removal removed supported by minion sustain - deathrattle, immune, buff; even worse if going second. Reward system is trash for new and old players, people complained about 5 gold increment for years - and yes I know what it's for. And this is coming from someone who actually supports Blizzard.Ropemaster1 Jan 10
Jan 9 No Shame Trying to generate media buzz by adding a token LGBTQ to Overwatch. First you fire Ben Brode and replace him with "Black Brode" in Boomsday Trailers to appease EOE. Tell me he doesn't look like a chocolate Brode clone.... Now you are "bending over" to the LGBTQWTF community....... Thanks for cutting the @!*#%*#% off a game in the name of PC.DirtyHairy3 Jan 9
Jan 7 Arena Discussion is Dead I wonder why that could be?Kingslayer1 Jan 7
Jan 7 Arena Gold Reward Spoiler I've noticed this for a long time and it irks me a little bit. After finishing an arena run and using your key, the gold display on the bottom right updates with your reward gold before opening the chests. It's such a small thing, but I would honestly prefer that the gold display is hidden until after you open the rewards.Aethyr2 Jan 7
Jan 7 Fun arena games? Let's tell stories of fun arena games. I'll start:Ropemaster6 Jan 7
Jan 6 Arena Reward Idea Okay, so say, for example, you had a good run and got a 7 or 10-win Arena session, but when you got your prizes after it was over, instead of the one box containing your Arena refund, you got a box containing a Golden Classic Pack. Would that be fine, or would you rather have another free Arena run?Sabaku2 Jan 6
Jan 5 I don't like the new arena drafting I miss the old Arena drafting, before it gave you three "equal value" cards. I feel like the new system reduces odds of getting lucky and also reduces the level of skill required for drafting. It's not as exciting. It's more difficult to get a large number of wins because everybody's deck seems more equalized. I dunno. I miss the old days, when you would choose between a Magma Rager, an Argent Squire and Ragnaros. One arena, I'd go 0-12, then the next one I'd go 12-0. Nowadays, I just get 3-4 wins almost every time. 6 to 9 if I'm lucky, but I haven't had 12 wins in months and months. I don't play as much as I used to. The game is a little over saturated with cards and I can't keep up. Maybe make a custom game mode where we can choose what era cards we want to play with. Go back to the old arena. Put Knife Juggler back at the forefront of the meta.DogeMcSquats1 Jan 5
Jan 4 Is heartharena cheating? I see many people talking about heartharena, but never asking the one big question that's on my mind. Is this site cheating in arena? I'm very much of two minds on this subject. I believe that the site is incredibly helpful to people like myself who aren't too great at making decks in the first place, much less drafting, and really helps you understand card value in general. But I also feel that it gives a very big and unfair advantage to people who aren't great at arena, again, like myself. I can almost never break 2 wins in an unassisted draft, but with heartharena, I average at least 4 (still not great, but I'm not good at arena >>) Considering that I'm doing almost no extra work to get farther than I would otherwise, isn't that cheating? What do you all think?DasMittens35 Jan 4
Jan 2 Mage Neutral Minion Decks My last dozen or so Mage drafts have all been almost entirely devoid of spells. My last draft for instance had one Flamestrike and one Frostbolt, very few spells were offered other than 3 Mirror Images and a couple of Frost Novas. Is Blizzard just making up for all the seasons Mage was OP? It really seems Mage has fewer spells now than any other class.Ensorceled1 Jan 2
Jan 2 Hunter Weak The hero is terrible. yes it drops powerful monsters, but at the cost of your entire mana OR 1 gem too high to place. Its ability is lackluster. Other heroes do amazing things for 2 mana and can still play their hand. Druids get 3 armor and attack. Mages get lifesteal and free elementals for the cost of 2 mana. Priests can acutally play their hand while using their ability. The control spells cost 1 mana too much, and never deal enough damage. A Mage can drop two 5/5 for 0 mana, where as I need to setup 2 turns to drop something that can be board cleared by every class with a card that is a lower cost. The cards cannot be combo'd well with each other. There is no lifesteal or armor. Rhok`delar gives you useless spells in your hand. If the condition is having no minions in your deck, why do I keep getting cards pertaining to minions. The cards are also costly, so you must play it on turn 7+ with control of the board. It rarely gives you control back, as it costs 7 mana and there is not enough to use the cards you drew. There is nothing for board clearing minions. Best aoe is 2 dmg and cannot be stacked.ViceInfamy13 Jan 2
Jan 2 1-drop, 2-drop, 3-drop, 4-drop, FUNGALMANCER! Arena mode summed up. Curvestone, Winmorestone. Go-second-and-losestone. I had so much fun! I cannot wait to play another exciting hearthstone arena match, guys!NeverLucky6 Jan 2
Jan 1 Facing warrior 6 times in a row BrokeBack I love Blizzard I love Hearthstone Arena. Let's lose more arena games to random dragonsss and super collider and moreAerotong0 Jan 1
Dec 31 Mind Control still needs NERF Now MCT is gone. Can they just get rid of mind control in arena. The mode is so reliant on board control that the card is just too punishing. How do you play around it when have to answer their board? The control cards used to be less common, but now it's all priest wins off. Being able to play one card that so heavily swings you the game, when your not in control, is a joke. This is not a free mode, so I think it's a big balance issue. It just happens too much against priest. For example the most punishing scenario is when your on 8-10 mana. Only minions worth playing at this point are big drops (or a few high value cards), you play it and 7/10 times the priest will be sitting on mind control. Devastates you everytime. Where's the other Heroes one card that turns you over complete control so consistently?sparkzignite4 Dec 31
Dec 29 Arena = have OP deck or retire Every run its the same thing. You get stomped by constructed like decks while I get a horrible draft without early or late game. It seems like Arena is all about getting OP combos and win by turn 5 now.Thantaros11 Dec 29
Dec 29 Did Lich King get a huge occurrence boost? I've never been offered a Lich King in any of my drafts, but since yesterday I have had Lich King dropped on me FIVE times.WiredAces1 Dec 29
Dec 29 Is there an arena event on? So thought i would play a few arena games played 2 runs and it would only give 1 cost card in the draft for both runs like but the people i played against had regular draft so i dont know if i was just super unlucky or what any thoughts ?ScrumpBucket3 Dec 29
Dec 26 Mind control Is it me or does every priest that you meet in arena have mind control.HexxedFrog1 Dec 26
Dec 26 Psionic Probe I'd like to hear the public's opinion about this card. HearthArena has rated it 51 points, but I think it's worth quite a lot more. I am on a priest run which is 6-0 at the moment and this card has given me nothing but really great spells. Maybe this is because there are not many spells in arena today, and if people will choose one during the draft, it's usually a high quality spell. My deck has nothing special by itself, but this 1 mana generation of a usually much above average spell, comes very handy in a lot of situations. What do you guys think? Has the card given you the value it has given me?FireHades3 Dec 26
Dec 26 Druid and ironhide direhorn. Druid has been the best arena class for me since the new expansion by quiet a big margin and we have ironhide direhorn to thank for that,amongst other cards. Ironhide on an empty board t7 is virtually gg unless the opponent has removal in hand. You do have quiet an advantage already if you can start turn 7 with an empty board and this is the perfect card to solidify the advantage. It is kinda interesting that the nerfs to druid did bring druid down in standard,but in arena the opposite seems to be the case. Druid feels stronger and more solid then ever. What has been the best arena class for you since expansion and what do you think is the best arena class right now?Rassy0 Dec 26
Dec 25 banana buffoon and arena fanatic These cards are great. Buffoon has some aplications in standard with the spells but the arena fanatic is meant for arena only it seems. Both cards make arena more interesting and they are pretty well designed.Rassy0 Dec 25
Dec 24 Never getting warrior in Arena Hi, I have a problem with my hearthstone account. I am an avid arena player, I play 6+ hours a day. I keep going into arena wanting to play Warrior class however I never get it. I have literally queued up into Arena and in the past 10 runs Warrior was NEVER a hero choice. This is clearly a bug or my account is flagged. There are 9 classes in total with 3 heroes every arena, basic probability is I should be able to see Warrior appear 33.3% of the time every run. Lets say its nerfed since the game has terrible balance issues and there is a coded 25% chance. In my last 10 runs it did not appear once which means the occurrence of me not getting warrior as a choice was 1 in 35,782. or 0.00279%, essentially I should have a had a 99.99% chance of it appearing at least once in my last 10 runs. With a 99.99% chance I don't find it possible to never get warrior in arena, this is extremely disappointing as it is my favorite class to play.Barry2 Dec 24
Dec 24 Just one of those days Went 1 and 2, taking 2 particularly rough losses including one pre-change deck that had, not one, but two MC Techs that both got good value off of me. I cue up into my fourth game. No play on turn 1, so I pass. My opponent: Coin. Kelesith. And yes, it activated.WiredAces0 Dec 24
Dec 22 Met a ridiculous deck - is this normal? Don't play much, but is this normal? Drafted a so-so paladin deck, facing Warlock first match. Turn 5 he plays Skull of the Manari, Turn 6 it summons a Void Lord, Turn 7 it summons ANOTHER Void Lord, while in the meantime he plays two legendaries (Glinda and Countess Ashmore). Is this how random Arena can be? Then I'm seriously done with this game.Powermind2 Dec 22
Dec 22 Trash Game Arena is the biggest pile of !@#$ that can be called a video game mode.NeverLucky1 Dec 22
Dec 21 Arena for Beginners? Is there a beginner's guide to Arena anywhere? I am new to Heartstone (about a month ago) but I am good at most games. I have been pretty successful in play mode with a Warlock Zoo. But I keep getting trashed at Arena! Would love tips on both drafting and playing.Mandypoo3 Dec 21
Dec 20 State of Arena - 29/11/2018 Dev Insights For the sake of clarity, the post I refer to is Tian Ding's post "Developer Insights: Arena Balance Through Science". I've been meaning to start a discussion about Arena and the design direction it has been taking for a few months now. After reading Tian Ding's post, as Arena players, I'd like to know: 1) How you feel about the current state of Arena. 2) Whether you agree with the current approach to balance I'm going to leave my answers to these questions, so that my vote be added to the pool. 1) I think Arena is currently a balanced but extremely boring experience: Whenever I draft an Arena deck, no matter what class I choose, it always feels like a tedious grind. I believe there is little card diversity between decks of the same class, and even less factors for excitement and surprise. In my eyes this is due to the low power level of cards on offer, coupled with a bucket system that makes it hard to have both fun and consistency. When I say fun I mean explosive effects like that of evolve, or firelands portal, which have incredible potential and good strength on average. I am not saying that there is an issue with my chances of winning. I'm confident in my ability to draft a strong deck and avoid misplays and get to 7 wins. For that purpose I'm confident the system described in Tian Ding's post is going to work. The issue lies with the fact that my role as a player is currently limited to slapping down whatever junk found its way into my hand that turn, and hope that the other player's junk is even worse. I do not find trading interesting, when the only cards in my hand are Walnut Sprite, Coppertail Imposter and Sated Threshadon. Powerful cards, by definition, open more option than low power cards, and randomness adds a layer of complexity to the game. On average I would rather play a fun deck against another fun deck, rather than have all my games be dull. So no, I do not think Arena is in a good state at the moment. I believe that the recent changes to Arena (say from around the release of the Witchwood) have both made the game uninteresting to play, and uninteresting to watch. 2) So how would you rather see Arena then ? I liked Arena most in the days of Knights of the Frozen Throne. Where discover palooza was out of hand and every game was a clownfiesta. Don't get me wrong, the game may have been terrible in terms of balance. But I think it was tremendously fun, both to watch and to play. And on my end I was able to consistently get wins while having fun ! My strategy was taking risks to draft synergistic decks to get a decent win rate on average. What I'm trying to say is that I think its fine for Arena to not be perfectly balanced. I would much rather see perfect balance sacrificed if it meant that on average a player would get around 5-9 wins while having fun. I don't really care if, in such a system, I can't make it to 12 because people above 9 have insane decks with near unbeatable combos. At least 1/10 times that's going to be me. So, TLDR, please reconsider the design direction for Arena. More fun, more randomness, more powerful cards all around, even if that is at the expense of consistency of results for players, to a reasonable extent. I'd be glad to know what you guys think. Thanks for reading.Neovas15 Dec 20
Dec 20 Remove Mind Control Tech from Arena Horrible card design, ALWAYS takes the best minion and swings the game too much. Terrible, terrible card design for arena. Needs to be removed asap. Thanks.Spaceman11 Dec 20
Dec 20 Is arena worth it? Noob question I'm newish to the game and gold is hard to come by. My collection is small and every pack I open I tend not to have to dust any of them. Is it worth me doing arena runs with my gold if I only get a few wins each time? I was thinking I should just stick to buying packs but then when do you know if your ready for arena. If i'm also never playing I'll never get any better so whats the best for new players, to arena or not to arena.Mokey13 Dec 20
Dec 20 Golden Heroes in Arena Hey; I mainly play Arena because I love the playstyle. Building your own deck based on random cards and matching against opponents who're doing the same, fighting for rewards - it excites me. I'm not that big of a fan of ladder because I don't have enough time to climb before it's reset. This is why I'm requesting that arena wins are counted towards golden heroes. It doesn't really make getting a golden hero any easier being that you can only get 12 wins at a time and you can't always pick the same hero, but it does help for those who only play arena. As an alternative, could you add other rewards for playing arena for a long period of time? I'd love some cosmetic stuff. Thanks, ~ LoonyLoony22 Dec 20
Dec 18 Actually miss the good old arena years ago. Now arena games are like "Discover", "random", and of course "warrior". I miss the good old days when we can actually use our brain to play a card game instead of top deck a op card from random or discover and then comeback from a 5-turn deficit. Hey I actually think that ladder is more fun than arena now, LMAO.Aerotong0 Dec 18
Dec 17 WTF am i supposed to do Arena gives me crap, like wtf am I supposed to do with two green jellies, which were my BEST OPTIONS.AnimeFood4 Dec 17
Dec 16 Dragon Roar So... Just lost to Dragon Roar up 5 minions on board with lethal next turn. He got Primordial Drake to delay it for one turn and then on ten mana dropped Deathwing... Cool. Now, I've lost to Bonedrake pulling deathwing and that is infuriating enough but this card is just ridiculous for Warrior. A class that already has supercollider and that I think is the one of the best in arena (if not the best). My question is why? Why do they keep designing cards like this? It is an auto-include in every arena run imo. At worst you get two low level drops, which are actually great on curve for warrior. And it makes their insane late game, just that much better. I just can't with this game sometimes... SIGH.yata8 Dec 16
Dec 15 New Cards break Arena Just came back to Hearthstone after some years. I loved the arena in Hearthstone classic and the first few expansions. Now there are some op cards from some of the new expansions that simply break the game. It's FRUSTRATING as !@#$ when somebody uses unstable evolution to top up their mineons. Or uses the warri weapon Supercollider. Arena doesn't allow enough room for counterplay against such specific cards. I had a deck with 2 Carnivorous Cubes and easily got 12 wins. Other times I get "normal" cards from classic and I get 2 wins and I'm out. It's not that it is unfair. It's just that it is frustrating to lose a game you were ahead in, not because you played too cockily, but because the oponent has some crazy card in their deck. Those new cards are designed for some constructed-deck meta, but they break the arena. PLEASE bring us Classic Arena or let us select some extention that we want to play.NllZ0 Dec 15
Dec 14 Arena Coaching/Co-ops I have thousands of hours in arena and I am down to help anyone that wants to get better at arena maybe even infinite! Add me on Na at Oligarch#1589Oligarch10 Dec 14
Dec 14 boring arenas arena is more boring then ever befor. the number of good cards in arena is insane and i rarely play games lasting more then 8 rounds, because you snowball so much with god cards you get. can we get old arena back at least it was fun and you did not see the same cards every game. and you did not lose on round 5 every 10th game.Sxnderjyden1 Dec 14
Dec 13 Why am i so unlucky? Like mad bomber my board has a 2/3 to a full board of one hp monsters and guess what my bomber kills my 2/3. Or an Orge Brute keeps attacking face and not the 2/2's on the board or his 4/4 while his orge brute perfectly kills my 3/2 ect. The mulligans are the worst i have 15 2 costs a rush hearthstone deck in my opening hand of 4 cards most are 5 6 7 costs so i throw them away what do i get? The same type of mana costs and not a single 2 cost for 2 turns. All in arena Do not say i do not know how to play this game i only spent 10$ on this game since beta and played thousands of games never net decking but in arena i go against the most unlikely play's from my opponent a one cost two cost three cost four never losing steam. All in arena. Hell i have 3000 played normals and 1000 arena and not one golden legendary from pack opening. Only 9~ legendarys from pack opening. http://imgur.com/IWru2UK So i ask you this, why am i so damm unlucky? If you do not believe me ill send you a video.keitron11 Dec 13
Dec 13 Any hard proofs I can use to improve? I'm working in a STEM field researching stuff. And the number one rule is that whatever claim you made you must provide a proof for it. Or if you don't have one at least cite a paper that provides it. So the claims can be verified. The problem is that even after 3 months I'm not sure what I'm doing. My win rate is horribly bad around 30-40% in arena, which means 1-2 wins average, and have never went above 4 at all so far. It's seems 4 wins is like a concrete wall, there were many times I had 4-0, and then from that point I kept losing and losing until I dropped out (at least I broke even). On the other hand everyone here bragging about their 4-5 win average and the how they manage to do 12 wins several times a month. It's obvious I'm doing something horribly wrong, but unable to realize what, and what should be done differently. I followed Kripp's tips on draft: first 10 cards for value, second 10 for synergies, last 10 for curving out. I did that and he goes to 7 wins and I go to 2. I started to realize that all these tips are vague and based on feelings of past experience and intuition and not hard science, and this bothers me. And probably the main cause of constant sense of uncertainty and not knowing what I'm doing. For example what is the ideal mana curve in arena? A good mana curve can be defined as a card distribution that minimalizes the amount of wasted mana in the long run. To find one, one can run a computer simulation that simulates drawing and playing the cards from hand 1000 times and average the number of lost mana. Feed this into an evolutionary algorithms and see the deck evolve into a perfect mana curve. I did just that wrote a computer program that simulates playing cards from hand (only the cost is considered). This way one can get the best curve for 6, 8 and 10 turns. Having the hard numbers at hand I know what curve I should to aim for best result. I haven't played enough yet to find out if this really improves anything or not. But the last 3 runs seem to be promising. The next thing I would like to know is how to read the board? In every chess program or whatever game where the AI already superseded human skills there is a heuristics that evaluates the current state of the game and assigns a score to it. Negative infinite score means the opponent has lethal and losing is imminent, negative score means the opponent has better board than you, 0 means balanced state, positive score means your board is better, positive infinite means you have lethal and victory is imminent. Is there a method that allows evaluating the state of the game this way? This would allow me to choose the best move by reevaluating the board using hard numbers instead of just feeling what would be the right move. The next thing I would like to know is how to determine which card is the best draw while drafting? Heartharena comes with a tier list but it's not published what was the method they used to assign the numbers. Since there is no research and no merit behind these numbers, I cannot take it seriously. Again is there any objective scoring system based on mathematics and statistics proofs that would allow me to pick the best card and I can be confident it's really the best I can pick?Calmarius5 Dec 13