Arena Discussion

Sep 16 Arena Specifics Arena Note: Neutral cards represent the baseline for all draft appearance rates. On average, Arena runs consist of 60% Common, 28% Rare, 10% Epic, and about 2% Legendary cards. Class minions are +100% more common than neutral cards. Class Spells and Weapons are +175% more common than neutral cards. Journey to Un'Goro cards receive an additional +50% increase in their appearance rate. The following cards are unavailable in arena Jungle Giants, The Marsh Queen, Open the Waygate, The Last Kaleidosaur, Awaken the Makers, The Caverns Below, Unite the Murlocs, Lakkari Sacrifice, Fire Plume’s Heart, Klaxxi Amber Weaver, Dark Arakkoa, Cult Sorcerer, Hooded Acolyte, Twilight Darkmender, Blade of C’Thun, Usher of Souls, Ancient Shieldbearer, Twilight Geomancer, Disciple of C’Thun, Twilight Elder, C’Thun’s Chosen, Crazed Worshipper, Skeram Cultist, Twin Emperor Vek’lor, Doomcaller, C’Thun, Dust Devil, Totemic Might, Ancestral Healing, Windspeaker, Sacrificial Pact, Sense Demons, Faceless Summoner, Succubus, Savagery, Soul of the Forest, Mark of Nature, Warsong Commander, Rampage, Starving Buzzard, Timber Wolf, Snipe, Mind Blast, Lightwell, Purify and Inner Fire. Flamestrike, Abyssal Enforcer, and Vicious Fledgling appear in drafts 50% less often. Neutral cards from the Classic and Basic set appear 50% less often. Popular cards had small drop rate changes to address class balance concerns. We’re working to improve the Arena experience, and your feedback is always appreciated!Daxxarri11 Sep 16
Aug 30 Update 7.1 Arena Changes In our next update, we will be making a few changes to the Arena that should make it more interesting for our players and offer a much different experience with each set release. • Arena will change from Wild format to Standard As more cards are added to the Arena pool, having each game feel meaningfully different actually becomes harder to accomplish. Many of the cool synergies between cards, such as Jade Golems or Mechs, live within each individual set release. Attempting to create decks that utilize these meaningful synergies in a wide and diluted card pool will become more and more difficult as the Wild card pool grows larger. Arena runs then becomes less about card synergies and smart deck choices and more about being fortunate enough to be presented with the best card from each set. This change should put the focus back on the player for good, synergistic Arena choices and make Arena decks feel more cohesive. We’ll be monitoring using the Standard format in Arena carefully, and we may add additional changes or formats in the future if it doesn’t meet our goals of having Arena feel interesting and different with each set release. • Changes to Card Rarity Distribution We’re making a change to the frequency in which Common and Basic cards show up in the Arena. Common cards were about 78% of all Arena cards, and we felt that number was too high considering that many of the cards that focus around individual class identity and power level rely on the common cards of any given class. After this change, the number of Common and Basic cards that show up overall should be lower, giving more room for fun Rare, Epic, and Legendary cards to show up in an Arena run. In addition, the cards Abyssal Enforcer and Flamestrike will show up approximately 50% less in Arena.• More Spells in a Run Spells have the power to swing a board state, generally more than minions do. Obviously, there are some exceptions to this. When the distribution of spells to minions is too low, the game usually ends up in the favor of the player that gets out their minions faster and more efficiently than the other player, because there aren’t enough cards that punish overextending. Bringing the distributions of spells and minions closer together allows for more room to have an Arena game that is more strategic and facilitates more plays and counter-plays to occur. • Neutral Classic Cards Show Up Less A lot of neutral Classic cards tend to be minions without any text that lack interesting effects. While they are great for introducing newer players to Hearthstone and providing baselines for power level comparisons, they don’t make for compelling Arena run choices. This helps make more room for spells, class cards, and expansion cards to show up at a higher rate. • Golden Cards Show Up In Arena If you own golden cards in your collection, copies of that card that appear in your Arena run will show up as golden. If you own a single golden card, the first copy of it you choose will be golden. If you own two copies of a golden card, every copy of that card you choose in the Arena will be golden. If you own one golden Legendary, every copy of that Legendary you choose in Arena will be golden. These changes will occur in an upcoming update near the end of February. We’ll see you in the Tavern! Edit: Added additional bullet point regarding golden cards.Zeriyah271 Aug 30
Aug 16, 2013 Welcome: Please read! Hello, and welcome to the Arena forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the Arena with your fellow combatants. Discuss your best deck-building strategies, epic winning streaks and your best Arena decks within – and learn the ropes from other Arena veterans! Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting.Zeriyah0 Aug 16, 2013
2h Out 150G help! Paid 150G then informed I had an arena ticket and not to worry about the usual entrance fee. This suprised me but I was pleased, until I noticed it took my gold and I assume my ticket also. Not even sure why I had a ticket. I play a lot of arena and haven't gotten this message since the frost festival. I just hope it didn't use the ticket and if it did I want my gold back lolArt0 2h
4h Been Playing Arena Since Beta Without bragging, ive been playing HS since beta 4 years ago now. Im mainly a arena player and im finding myself getting bored of the game now. Is it just me? Anyone else felt this way before or lately?Sourcream0 4h
5h Arena is broken right now. Honestly it's really starting to wind me up - think I need to take a break from Arena. First game: I'm playing as Warlock, very mediocre deck against a mage. The Mage who on turn one plays a pirate which then pulls out patches. The Mage who plays Hogger and Pyros and who has elemental and secret synergy and has fireballs and blizzards. Seriously? It seems like if you don't have an insane deck built by RNG, you automatically lose. I've never known an arena like this. EDIT: Don't even get me started on Bonemare.garyfromscot2 5h
13h Rate my deck and tips please I am not very good at arena - most I have won is 4 or 5 games. Thought I had a really good shaman deck last time, and got stomped by some huge decks. Went for Priest this time - I'd be extemely grateful for any tips/hints you have. Game 1 vs a druid who had quite a few jade cards - won Game 2 vs Golden Warlock, won 23-0 Game 3 vs Paladin hand buff (had all the buff cards) won 24-0 Game 4 vs Rouge, won 26-0 Game 5 vs Golden Mage, loss by turn 7, perfect card drawn Game 6 vs Warlock, lost to 5 damage potion and power world Game 7 vs Hunter, lost 4/3 1x Holy Smite 1x Mind Vision 1x Power World: Shield 1x Flame Juggler 1x Museum Creator 1x Shadow World: Pain 1x Goblin Sapper 1x Hired Gun 1x Kabal Talonpriest 2x Shadow World: Death 2x Velen's Chosen 1x Aberrant Berserker 1x Dragonkin Sorcerer 1x Sen'jin Sheildmaster 1x Shifting Shade 1x Darkshire Alchemist 1x Holy Nova 1x Kvaldir Raider 1x Onyx Bishop 1x Second-Rate Brusier 1x Dragonfire Potion 1x Entomb 1x Temple Enforcer 1x Mind Controlgaryfromscot4 13h
20h Arena rewards at 10 wins, seriously?? I just did a 10 win arena run and got 180 gold, 75 dust, a golden common card and a pack... Wtf is this !@#$?? First of all, dust has always been a completely useless reward in the Arena in the given amounts. If they gave like 400 dust then it would be another story, but 75 dust at 10 wins is total horse%^-*... I remember doing 10+ wins and getting at least 300 gold plus golden rares/epics and packs usually included better cards. These rewards are unarguably not worthy of the time and effort required for the run and it is obvious Blizzard once again favors P2W players over F2P's with unjust arena rewards. This is the kind of !@#$ that put me off Hearthstone between mid 2016 and mid 2017 after playing for 3 years nonstop. As a F2P you struggle to keep up with the meta and by the time you make it, they release a new expansion and there we go all over again. If this %^-* goes on I hope you go bankrupt.Varthalabau20 20h
22h DK heroes in Arena i know this is a old topic in this section, but this has to stop, its already hard AF to deal with those DK heroes in Constructed then how de F can we deal with it with random cards? especially Mage, NO strong minions?...no problem, heres 2 mana 3/6 freeze lifesteal elemental for u, its hard to do dat?...NO, u can do that with minions from both side. assume dat i can manage my board perfectly to not get anything down to 1 HP, then wat?...she can just summon some 1HP and PING IT, this thing is badly designed. just remove them from arena bad deck? bad plays? no problem, heal back and freeze big minions and kill them next turn and summon more with 2 manaKsaika3 22h
1d Arena RNG I drafted a pretty nice curvestone deck, lucky enough to get a blizzard, a flamestrike and some nice value cards. So i started off pretty optimistic, not until i face a druid at 3-1, drops a lotus agent, discovers deathseer shaman, evolves a 4-5 minion and a fkin tirion, then proceeds to top deck a bonemare and destroys me. Then at 3-2, i get queued up against a priest, steals my only copy of flamestrike and blizzard, and turns the whole game around in his favour and then destroyed me. Idk how to play against all these random BS anymore lol...Hahaurhacked3 1d
1d 5 Legendaries in 1 Arena Run My friend got 5 legendaries in 1 arena. Anyone else ever gotten this many?DarkReaper5 1d
1d Remove Ultimate Infestaton from Arena People complain about DK's in Arena but UI is much much much worse. Legendaries are kind of rare you maybe get 1 every 10 Arena Drafts and then you have to have the DK in that pick so they are somewhat rare. Epics you get like 2 or 3 every Draft and UI has Spell and New set Bonus so pretty much every Druid has at least 1 UI. DK if you are a little ahead on tempo you could run them out of Resources. UI not only gets you board it also puts you out of lethal range and gets you more resources. UI is far worse for Arena than DK's. There also is no real counterplay to UI other than a few Mage Secrets and a smart Druid will test for those secrets first when they can. At least with DK's you have a very narrow space of wiggle room to play around the DK abilities IE vs Frost Lich the one people complain about most you could set up your board so they have a hard time to ping.Shuyin0 1d
1d Everything Now Arena. Blizzard, why have you completely destroyed Arena? If I wanted to play a poor mans pick'n'mix constructed, guess what? Yeah. I'd play constructed. First you made it standard, and that was the single biggest mistake. Then came the price hike. Nothing much to say about that, it speaks for itself really. Then, you have changed the drafting process to allow for more synergy. This absolutely does not promote fun or that Arena feeling of old whatsoever. It just make decks and games either get totally obliterated by constructed level power within a few turns, or you completely obliterate your opponent with the same. Furthermore, I keep seeing the same cards again and again and again and again in both the draft and in the game. I am force fed drafts. I am shuffled and tunneled into narrow alleys and avenues of strategy, synergy and tactic, before I even start the run. Please tell me, where is the game in that anymore? It has got to the point where what I see unfold on the board, time and time and time again has lead me to literally quit out of the game because I can't even bare to click concede anymore, and I am seeing my opponents do the same to me time and again...'Your Opponent Has Left', anyone? Thought so. Furthermore, when the boot is on the other foot and it is my deck that warps my opponent out of existence within a few turns, I feel empty inside. I don't feel good at all. In, fact, I feel dirty, somehow, or like scum. Why do I feel like this when I just won? Because the game isn't a GAME anymore; it is a PROCESSION. If you don't think players can see through this illusion, then that's just a slap in the face to the people who pay your bills. A vile insult, to be honest. Constructed is constructed. Let Arena be ARENA! A place where you have no idea what could happen or what kind of things you have to do or work out to overcome your opponent through THOUGHT and PLANNING. A place where you have to make do with what you got, a place where you have to eek out every drop of value you possibly can, whilst balancing this with board and mana tempo. A place where icons past and present meet on the board in unexpected and completely unpredictable ways. Not just the cards from the past few months power creep each other into dust within moments. I get that a few players might like the obscene power available at a consistent rate in Arena right now, they're usually the kind who would us the Redeemer in Unreal Tournament. Power crazed loons with something to compensate for. But I would wager that I am far from alone in feeling this way about what you have done to Arena. In the end I have a feeling it all comes down to money somewhere along the line, and that's not just sad, it's pathetically short sighted. I'd pay twice the amount for a ticket if it mean't getting that gritty, tough, great unknown Arena of old back.Lore5 1d
2d T1memaster annual class rankings I am a multi legend player peaking at top 300 though I have always been more of an arena player and didn't care to push. I have a high arena winrate and I've had a number of 12 win druid decks in the past week. I say this not to brag but just to show I know what Im talking about in arena. Anyways, keep in mind there is date on sights like HSReplay which i personally like a lot and recommend but it fluctuates. This list IS backed by statistics but the exact order is somewhat subjective. Anyways heres my list and why. 1. Rogue - Rogue has been a strong arena class for a while because of the early game cards like backstab and of course the dagger hero power which allows you to control the early game. It does have a high skillcap but you will often see pros like Kripparian taking Rogue as the first pick in arena. Winning early game allows you to dictate the game and control the board. 2. Druid - Druid has generally been more middle of the pack but after playing a number of games and getting many 12 wins as Druid I have to say its one of the best classes now for sure. Why? Well as usual you have the useful ping hero power and you also have a lot of cheap early game good minions which you can combine with CHEAP BUFFS. This is a simple strategy and allowed me to steamroll many games. 3. Mage - Another class thats been historically good and while its no longer #1 you still have the ping hero power and powerful class cards like Meteor and flamestrike. The reason its below Rogue/Druid is the cards you REALLY need are flamestrike/meteor/blizzard, ect. You are dependent on those and it makes a huge difference. 4- Paly - Paly has not personally impressed me but you do have strong class cards like spikeridged and truesilver champion, aldor peacekeeper, ect and Palys do have some of the strongest legendaries if you are lucky enough to get those. You want to get ahead and use cards like Spikeridged and Bonemare to snowball the board. 5. Warlock - You get lifetap and a number of good cards like Abyssal. You dont get a ping hero power though and you can get burned out if you face a good mage/hunter deck without being able to do much so i rank it number 5 6. Priest - Not a class i play much but i would say its a little better than the others below it on the list 7. Hunter - Not a great class but sometimes you can surprise opponents with smorc decks. You need to curve out well especially as hunter 8. Shaman - A good shaman deck generally needs aoe or key interractions like dopplegangster + evolve. In arena you usually wont be lucky enough to get those so its kinda hit or miss. Overall just not as powerful as the top classes 9. Warrior - Terrible hero power and weak class cards and you can see why its ranked as the worst class. Also with fiery war axe being nerfed i see warriors being even worse as that was one of the few good cards warriors had in arena.Timemaster2 2d
2d players with legendarys What I don't understand is why players with legendary's can't go against players with legendary's. I just went up against 2 players one with kazakus and medivh who got the perfect top deck and happened to draw youthful brewmaster completely turning the game. The second player had prince malchezar who happened to get perfect legendarys drawing y'sharraj and lich king making it impossible for me to get control of my board again. My deck was decent and had no legendary's.Dankmeme2 2d
3d opponent drafted a constructed deck in arena So i just faced a priest after i had 4 games and lost none. He had hero priest card as well as raze the unchained. Also he drafted prince malchazar and from that he got hemet and barnes. Impossible to even have a chance of winning when ur opponent gets such crazy drafts. Me i have never even seen hero cards in arena yet :$Storm0 3d
3d Vicious Fledling this card has straight up ruined about 20-30 games in arena for me ...maybe more. cant understand why this card exists and hast been nerfed? This card needs to be banned in arena, if it needs to be some combo piece to balance the meta for constructed decks, LoL, then at least ban for arena, its a straight up embarrassment for completive arena. I'm a really competitive arena player. Avg over 6wins a run, 8300 total arena wins.ClaimJumpr4 3d
3d arena is so rigged. so i play my priest deck. first game a shaman, i beat him. 2nd game a priest, mirror match it was awful long game i won, ENGAGE blizzard algorith punish mode, queues me against a paladin, ridiculous game i barely stayed alive to recover on 2 health but i pulled through. ENGAGE HARD ON 4 U MODE blizzard punish algorithm, queues me against a rogue, worst mulligan ever, some !@#$ 2 cost minion + shadow rager was all it took to kill me ITS GAME OVER FOR ME ON TURN 4, i couldn't draw any answers, his board of shadow rager buffed with my own power word shield he discovered and some other crappy minions killed me by turn 5, so i just conceded, none of my board clears showed up, he killed ALL my minions with envenom weapon. MAGE IS BAD, PALADIN IS WORSE, ROGUE IS TOTALLY BROKEN. WTF am i conceding on turn 4? where it's utterly hopeless, blizzard can't balance for !@#$.Nothingman12 3d
3d Just went 2-3 with a really great deck. Does anyone else have terrible "RNG" or luck when they get a high rated 70+ deck? Normally I average 5-6 wins in arena with an occasional 9-11 wins, and this is usually with 63-68 rated decks that have ok to poor cards. Meanwhile, I draft something like this thinking 12-0, and I simply get destroyed. Hell, my last two games I couldn't even draw fireball, even though I had 3 of them in the deck. I basically won my first 2 games and then lost 3 in a row. https://i.imgur.com/gFHwSe0.jpg Infinite value to win any control game? Tick Crazy burst with three fireballs, frostbolt and flame geyser? Tick Early removal? Tick Board clears? Tick Taunts and survivability? Tick Card draw / generation? Tick RNG? Nope.Emily5 3d
3d I faced a dude who had 3 legendaries And those three legendaries were Frost Lich Jaina, Kazakus, and the Lich King. How the hell should i suppouse to win against a deck like that in arena? Oh yeah, he had also flamestrike, firelands portal and pyroblast. And bonemereNinjaRobot6 3d
3d Pally Zero Two Drops Offered 28 picks with not a single 2 drop offered but then on pick 29 I got offered one. It was by far the best one... and it carried me to 12 wins https://imgur.com/ywozQnPMrsBaird2 3d
3d HS pro arena streamers.. What happend with the arena?! HS pro arena streamers (amaz, hafu, kripp), before the lastest changes they usualy got 12 wins and now i saw a lot of 3-4 and 7 wins and only a few time 12. I also used to get 5-10 wins and now im 1-4 even with good decks. And lately i saw a lot of people complaining about this. I find it hard to belive that the changes in arena were made so players could earn less gold and so they will have to donate.Nikoo9 3d
3d Another Deathknight run Easiest 12-0 of my life. Both Deathknight runs were 12-0 so far. Even this big boy Paladin with his puny Tyrion Fordring was forced into an instant concession upon laying eyes on my mighty Deathknight. Meanwhile these crackheads keep laughing over in Blizzard headquarters with their supersized cr@ckpipes blazing steam all over the room. Keep sleeping boys. Deathknights definitely belong in arena.TotalNoob1 3d
3d UI in Arena I have used it a bunch of times and have had it used on me. it needs to go. I have won games i had no business winning and lost games just based on that card being top decked.Jmoney4 3d
3d Glitch/Bug during card select Anyone else experience an issue of the game getting stuck at the very beginning? I dont know if i can quit then reconnect without forfeiting the match. Also, this could be a bug that blizzard could look into? Im sad if this counts as a loss because i am doing very well and had a very good draft. i havent left the game yet. Currently battling this guy in a game of attrition for whoever quits first (if its how this works). If anyone knows the rules for this sort of thing please link or copy/paste Picture https://imgur.com/gallery/9hjJj -edit - For a little context, i was able to view the other player hovering over cards, hero powers, the deck. everything was lighting up as if in-game. I think i got some of it recorded.DJavenes2 3d
4d Hero Cards in Arena Hi, i'm somewhat new to the forums but i have my fair knowledge of the game, i came here to say that the ammount of hero cards i see in arena is ridiculous, and so advantageous for the player playing it, i think this cards (such as they did with quests, and wild cards) should be banned from arena, because it's so unfair to play against, they're not like other legendaries it's almost as if they win the game by themselves. That's my take on it, i'm open to other intepretations tho so please share them with me <3Zuker2 4d
4d Has Arena gotten harder? I am not talking about hero cards, those are broken, ofc. I would like to know if you encounter high powered decks at low win scores like the ones I will show you. I would expect these decks to show up at 10 wins, but these games are all below 5 wins. (please do not focus on gameplay, mistakes have been made. just focus on deck quality) This game at 1-1: https://hsreplay.net/replay/EtBP3NipLqYnDWu6mURcT7 Lich king, Deathwing, all at 1-1. Are you kidding me? This game at 2-1 (following game in that run)): https://hsreplay.net/replay/fQi5YybR3wgwoF6VH95EXC Again Deathwing (!), Alextrasa, Mind Control. Not at 11-0, but at 2-1. Seriously? This game at 4-2: https://hsreplay.net/replay/wcQKmXB3Xd9TeiSmKquzW5 Basically, a constructed dragon priest deck, with endless card generation and dragonfire potion. This game at 5-2: https://hsreplay.net/replay/2BNde6CqRf4GvfMFdNkQAh Here I get just slaughtered by turn 3 corrupted healbot + syngery with hozen healer. This is a not beatable godlike deck, usually expected at 7+ wins. So, does anyone else encounter overpowered decks like these at low wins?Mishkin18 4d
4d Such an amazing game it is. Not being able to play any out of the 14 early game cards because you cant draw them and your opponent winning by turn 4, 3 games in a row, this game is the best i love it.Ubba3 4d
4d lost games So I go second against a priest as rouge already a bad matchup .... He apparently GOD drafted nothing but dragons and nether spite historians ... I honestly have nightmares about picking priest and trying to draft a dragon deck that was my favorite constructed and I can never make it myself... He played 2 nether spite on turn 4, discovers operative Removes my !@#$ty <3 attack minion with Book Wyrm His operative takes the Medivh from my deck ............... He tempos out Medivh Has Free from amber in hand.... GOD DAMN THAT IS F$%KIN RAGE INDUCINGl4ndm1n30 4d
4d Lol Just crafted my best Mage deck since I started playing this game during the open beta. The best curve for arena, with a wealth of 2 and 3 drops, but decent late game cards including 2 bonemares. Great spells like Frostbolt, glyph, firaball and flamestrike, great secrets with secret synergy cards like kabal lackey and ethereal arcanist. Couldn't have asked for more... Just finished the run 10 mins ago. Went 0-3, never drew my early game in a deck that was composed largely of that, always drew my 5 and 6 drops in my first 3 or 4 draws. And was matched (yes, all three games) against people that had 2-3 legendaries........... I fail to see how there are all of these people saying that it comes down to how skilled you are and how well you draft.... give me a break, do you really still in fairy tales?Aristotle2 4d
4d Six Wins: Loose Handy of the Arena Rewards Practically every time I get to six wins, I am dreading getting stuck there. I swear every time I get worse rewards than 5 even 4 wins. With 7 wins guaranteed 150g +, six wins makes you feel dirty and sad. Just like the title suggests.macrobes2 4d
4d I'm new to Hearthstone and have questions. Questions: If I know i'm going 0 , 3 in Arena, what is the best way to maximize my loot in a timely manner? Are arena rewards broken? Won 6 matches, got garbage rewards and a bunch of duplicate icecrown cards and it took 2.5 hours. Yuck. These take way too long for just a bit of cards and gold. Do the Liche king cards suck? They seem to suck, should I be skipping arena? 7 arenas in and nothing good so far. I have some arcane dust is there a good cheap deck I can just build, and dump these garbage cards into that deck instead? It would be nice to have an actual tier deck of some sort. Are icecrown bosses worth it/repeatable? I'm on death bringer. Is karazan worth buying for building up a deck? Should I dive into Ranked MM or should I wait for a deck? Don't care about a good record just need gold / cards and arcane dust. My info; My current arena record is W L 1 3 mage (no Arena selection help just jumped in) 0 3 rogue 1 3 druid 1 3 shaman 3 3 mage 6 3 mage 0 3 paladin ~36% win. The shaman and druid ones the player DCed. - Got all classes over 10 - Beat all computer on expert with my hunter (RNG in this game is so bad) - Stuck on the "only takes damage from weapons boss" for icecrown, waiting for RNG to help me out. - Stuck in casual MM sucking up 3-4 losses, to drop out of meta/teir decks, then LOLstomp people until it becomes time for me to eat 3-4 losses from decks that are out of my league. Thanks for any input, including get good. I've been playing since 09/17/17, put 5 bucks in and am trying to play this game well enough. I am using a deck assistant for Arena and to assist in tracking wins/losses and have been googling this stuff up. Everyone keeps raving about how great Arenas are, but they just feel like a time sink to me with cards I would stitch up for toilet paper IMO.xkjacob6 4d
4d Took a break and... Came back to arena and it's only gotten worst. I was 0-2 and faced a mage with 4 legendaries, 3 firelands portals, 2 flamestrikes, 1 blizzard, 3 fireballs and 1 glyph (meteor), i had 3 spells and a decent deck i thought but at 0-2 facing such garbage... i think I'm done with this game.Ubba6 4d
5d Moat Lurker bug or ?? In arena i was V a Mage he played mirror entity he played Red Mana Wyrm which he had managed to get to 6 attack by using spells to clear my minions, Now this is the part what im not sure about I played Moat Lurker which destroyed his 6/6 Red Mana Wyrm then Mirror Entity procced copying my Moat Lurker, I destroyed his copied Moat Lurker which gave him another 2/6 red Mana Wyrm, Next turn he destroyed my Moat Lurker which gave him another Red Mana Wyrm. 1: I understand he should have gotten his Wyrm back from my Moat Lurker but to get another from a Moat Lurker on his side of the board seems a bit weird. I guess this is a situation where the "order" of play is questioned as if his Mirror popped before my minion destroyed his Wyrm he would have ended up with a blank Moat Lurker.Drib2 5d
5d Game balance- arena pack choice Hi, i like your game and i wanted to help improve it. So i wrote to your blog. I think add possibility to choose the pack for which you are fighting in arena is good way how to upgrade heartstone, make it more enterteining and how to help players to expand their collection . This could be also feature for brawl.Sparky0 5d
5d When is? I read a week ago that they will be fixing synergy picks in a patch after the balance changes. Has anyone heard anything on when this might be?Mefisto2 5d
5d Arena synergy picks Hi guys, I haven't played arena for a while and heard they have introduced a new synergy pick system. How does this work? As far as i can make out you get the first two picks drawn from a special pool of cards depending on your class, but this just doesn't seem to make any sense to me! How are you meant to pick synergies at the start of your draft? do you get increased chance of certain picks if you choose certain synergy cards (i.e. you pick a murloc "synergy card" do you get a greater chance of getting offered Murlocs in the rest of your draft?) Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question, but the system seems confusing to me. thanks in advance for any answers.megajeff5 5d
6d Going 0-3 I started to have some arena runs again after the expansion On Americas I got such a terrible draft it just was saddening I might have gotten more 2 drops (3-4) if I went dragons instead of Elementals in the first place Full video and draft: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/176172510AnimeSenshi2 6d
6d How can be so fun going second? It is very fun to go second and being obliterated by any deck because everything is snowball winmore bull!@#$. When you go first is the same but oposite. What a retarded game have you created... Matches decided in a flip coin at the start of the game. Well done Bli$$ard.FrostyFeet6 6d
6d Am I right? Why don't we have the arena "fair". Having to pick from 3 random class every time we play and having to pick random cards one after another,which makes no sense to me, and yet the cards one can get are completely random(thanks for the kindness of letting us pick from three though). Isn't it better to have everyone make their own deck from a pool of 3 random class and cards which will rotate everyweek or every month? This way,everyone can choose from the same three class and choose from a same pool of cards. Make it uneditable so that players will spend more time to think how to make their deck to win against the three given classes which is a good way of making players' thoughts more creative than ever. Consider my advice and think carefully if your current random arena play style makes any sense or not. Sincerely..CooLbOy5 6d
6d bonemare is ridiculous this is in nearly every deck above 4 wins. its such a powerful card in arena. please get rid of itHailFall8 6d
6d First game in arena.. 1st Game : Lost on turn 7 due to Bonemare. Buffed up his second rate bruiser to a 9 10 and had Bonemare's 5 5 body. I really enjoy spending time crafting a deck and putting thought into it, but it annoys me how much this card can destroy everything in one fowl swoop. GG. EDIT 2nd Game: Mage with Inkmaster Solia into Kazukas 10 cost spell for free ... GGgaryfromscot3 6d
6d Server issues causing arena losses. Arena is the only game mode I enjoy on here, I grind the other modes for enough gold to play it. This time it took me 2 days to get enough gold to play it. I buy in. Build the deck. Hit join. Mulligan. And get the message "Disconnected from server, reconnecting." It fails to reconnect and I quickly log out and log back in, and enter into a queue to sign into battle.net. "Servers are busy tonight, 2 minute wait." Finally get back in and I'm instantly 0-1. Of course it wouldn't disconnect me during the deck building, or when trying to join a game. Of course it would disconnect RIGHT after I join a game. WOW! I play hearthstone when I'm too drunk to play Overwatch so I don't hurt anyone else's gameplay, but it looks like I'm off to Overwatch drunk now.Damnion0 6d
6d is arena still worth it? OK, so is am seriously getting salty right now and not sure if i should play arena anymore...probably will and i hope to god this is just a temporary madness and all but seriously? Before the KOFT update i averaged arena around 6-7 wins, not bad but not great either, now...i have no idea what's happening, my last 8 runs are 2-3, 4-3, 0-3, 3-3, 0-3, 1-3, 1-3, 1-3, my last arena run i just played as a hunter against a mage...turn 8 Lich king turn 9 Frost Lich Jaina...arena...i had 1 win and 2 losses and am playing against a deck that has both of those cards played one after another...he fills the board RNG'd +2+2 to all his creeps anyway am considering not playing it, i am a free to play only player and the only 2 other games i'm playing are path of exile and League, can't afford to throw money on the game like every second opponent i'm matched against that has those shiny preorder card backs so yeah...arena was a good way to kinda keep up with all the stuff that's coming out especially since i only played the game for about 7-8 months now, i did play it a bit before Naxxramas update and stopped playing a bit after it so it isn't as bad as a playing from the scratch but the difference between decks really shows in upper ranksNeon7114 6d
6d Druid of the swarm So here I am, brand new run, above average hunter deck, first gAme vs a druid. Im first so I play alleycat and then this is where the BS begins, dude coins out that dumb !@#$ing minion that becomes a 1/5 taunt on first turn , my next turn I drop firefly plus its tokken and leave the 1/1 cats alive, on his turn he uses HP to cleAr out a cat and kills the other with the fng 1/5 taunt, on my third turn I play some 3 drop then guess what he plays? Another fng druid of the swarm with mark of the lotus, so turn 3 2x 2/6 taunts while my board consists of 2 1/2s and a %^-*ing warleader that synergises with nothing else and the game was already lost. Seriously whoever the F thought giving that annoying fng class 2mana 1/5taunts deserves a foot up the $%^. Also cards that buffs an entire board like mark of the lotus or power of the wild are farrrrrr too cheap for the -*!@ing value they give. This game has become such a #$%^ing joke there isnt a game where its not a load of frustrating BS and your opponent has all the perfect answers to every single play that you make.QCOuTLaWz1 6d
6d Arena isn't skill based Now I know lots of people like Arena - I do too - this doesn't mean that it is well structured. I've played a lot and I know I'm nowhere near the skill level of some players, but I still very rarely make bad picks or plays and always run with a directed play style. I've had good arena runs and terrible ones, but it doesn't matter because it isn't up to my skill level. No matter how good you are, you will eventually lose not because of bad luck, but because you are ultimately cursed by the random hero (3 out of far too many for it to be 3) pick and forced to run a terrible spread of 5-10 cost cards even if your best pick is a naturally aggressive hero. You will never have a consistent draft deck because the entire game mode is based around terrible mechanics that involve being lucky enough to actually get a class card. In most rating lists a 5/5 5 cost creature is considered "above average" as if it is a bomb, but it is just a !@#$ty 5/5 with literally no effect. If you're lucky enough to ever see a proper bomb, you will probably win multiple games for that reason alone, and then you just spam the "Wow" emote because you think you're good. The truth is that it really doesn't matter if you're good arena. All that really matters is that some people are terrible at arena and that is the only way that we can get 7+ streaks. Believe me, no one is the best at arena because it's just a %^-*shoot into the worst mechanics of card games. If you do have the opportunity to make a really good deck it's only because you tried a lot of times and got lucky and didn't have to choose add the terrible cards they make you add to your deck. My solution? Five or more choices per pick.SleEpyBeAr7 6d
6d Please change Arena rewards My biggest issue is with the dust reward. It's so bad and underwhelming that i don't know why you guys even consider it. I had a lot of arena runs where i needed about 20-30 gold after to go again and instead of gold i always get dust. And for 20-40 dust it's not worth it. It's soooo bad. And you have to consider that high wins arena runs aren't that common now with the new cards and a lot of players that finish 2-3, 1-3, 4-3 etc need that extra gold reward to maybe try and go again. I know even the gold is low and the packs are 90% bad but that dust reward really triggers me. It's like you guys are saying: you did bad, you are bad so here's 40 dust to buy a common card. Please take away this stupid reward from arena. Thank you!Zacharum1 6d
6d losing to a player who has lich jaina https://imgur.com/a/dqeHXl4ndm1n31 6d
Sep 19 What's the point of Arena anymore? Like Jeff did in the Overwatch forum, can I get the statistical facts to explain my BAD LUCK in this game? I didn't pre-purchase packs this expansion since it was too absurdly expensive for its value. I used to pay 35 AUD for 40 packs and now I have to pay double. I don't know much about exchange rates but it for sure didn't double. So I saved some gold, 2000ish, played more arena, bought more packs, for at least 40 packs into this expansion, I got 2 legendary. 2 garbage legendary where the only friend of mine lower than others got 3 as well as the 2000 dust compensation. I will not talk about constructed since RNG made me quit that mode long long ago. Let's talk about arena. Now because I want to open more packs to try and get even ONE LEGENDARY where you NEED or Can build a deck to reach rank 20 every week, I have to stick to arena. For basically 50 gold you get a chance to win more rewards than a pack, let's be honest, if you go below 3-3 you basically wasted your 50 g. Here is the thing: Why are HERO CARDS allowed? I don't get it in any kind of sense whatsoever. Due to the extreme effects and imbalance between hero cards, WHY ON EARTH WOULD IT BE ALLOWED? Why do I play arena to open packs not just save the gold for packs? Because I consider myself a good arena player. Before all these hero cards, discover, synergy shenanigans, I can average 6+ wins at least. In a good day, I can win more than break even in arena. Now everything is a mess. In my 13 runs recently I got 1 hero card, Guldan, and 3 demons with it, one of those is a 1 drop. However, I lost all my runs to at least 2 hero cards. Why is synergy pick a thing? Synergies are hard to come by in arena, and it should be encouraged, but why so compulsive and badly? Any person with half a brain can see it is not even SYNERGIZING. My synergy pick in that Guldan run was KNIFE JUGGLER, where I lost 2-3 to two Frost lich JAINAS with !@#$ TON OF ELEMENTALS. I'm not complaining about being salty after seeing my opponent play a load of synergy cards, I'm complaining about why would you put HERO CARDS AS ONE OF THEM? So no matter how much I think, decide, experience, predict, I still lost to two people who knew absolutely nothing about Hearthstone but is lucky enough to get a card and a ton of synergies with it??????????? I don't mean to exaggerate or disrespect any player, but turn one arcane missile to my face isn't a good sign. Why is discover unchanged? I agree it is a nice mechanic, why keep it unchanged in Arena? When you can't play around anything anymore, what is the purpose of playing at all? My opponent traded to my board with a bad trade to stay alive, he has no cards left, only flame strike punishes me, it's unlikely, time to go all in, guess how many ways a top deck tome or glyph or any discover mage card screws you over? EVERY TIME almost. I had a run with a good control priest deck where I lost to one mage who discovered 25 cards in one game. I beat them all and got pyroblasted to death from 19 hp not knowing he'd have 3 from tomes and glyphs. So instead being a decision making, risking taking, experience based game mode, it is now luck, more luck and pure luck? Get favored by synergies or JAINA's hero and auto win until you lose to someone with more luck? Oh and my 10-3 Mage run, finished with a Frost lich Jaina and two rouge discovering a Frost lich Jaina where I don't have one. I quit WoW after 12 years because clearly they stopped caring about player experiences, which imo is the core of all Blizzard games. Heathstone makes me feel the same at least considering arena. After this 2-3 Gul'dan synergy picked garbage, I don't see a point in arena at all. I don't want to wait 2 days to get an access to arena where I may not have mage as a pick and most likely wont get my frost lich jaina which is literally what you need to win these days. I don't want to pick Frost Lich Jaina myself and cheat some wins, how about we all don't get to pick that card so I don't have to worry every time a mage reaches turn 9. In a decking-building mode, decision, experience, draw RNG, prediction makes a player best others and eventually someone will go 12 wins, in the past that can be helped with good card quality and some luck. Now? Let's pick mage, get a %^-* tone of elementals, a hero card, fill the rest of the deck with discover cards, tomes, glyphs, call the discover on need, meteor,flame strike, poly and whatnot. The problem is not just mage, mage is fine, sometimes suffers just as other classes if you are not "lucky", but the system that makes mage absurd in the first place and the fact that it is allowed and nothing has changed.andypixy1 Sep 19
Sep 19 Why not hit face with the Rogue dagger? I was watching Hafu play Arena over the weekend, and I noticed she very rarely attacks the opponent's face with dagger, even when there are no other targets on the board. Last night she even made a comment that it's a really stupid thing to do, although she didn't explain why. So... why is it stupid? I understand the opponent might play something that you want to hit, maybe... but damage is damage, right?Rubric7 Sep 19