Arena Discussion

May 5 Update 7.1 Arena Changes In our next update, we will be making a few changes to the Arena that should make it more interesting for our players and offer a much different experience with each set release. • Arena will change from Wild format to Standard As more cards are added to the Arena pool, having each game feel meaningfully different actually becomes harder to accomplish. Many of the cool synergies between cards, such as Jade Golems or Mechs, live within each individual set release. Attempting to create decks that utilize these meaningful synergies in a wide and diluted card pool will become more and more difficult as the Wild card pool grows larger. Arena runs then becomes less about card synergies and smart deck choices and more about being fortunate enough to be presented with the best card from each set. This change should put the focus back on the player for good, synergistic Arena choices and make Arena decks feel more cohesive. We’ll be monitoring using the Standard format in Arena carefully, and we may add additional changes or formats in the future if it doesn’t meet our goals of having Arena feel interesting and different with each set release. • Changes to Card Rarity Distribution We’re making a change to the frequency in which Common and Basic cards show up in the Arena. Common cards were about 78% of all Arena cards, and we felt that number was too high considering that many of the cards that focus around individual class identity and power level rely on the common cards of any given class. After this change, the number of Common and Basic cards that show up overall should be lower, giving more room for fun Rare, Epic, and Legendary cards to show up in an Arena run. In addition, the cards Abyssal Enforcer and Flamestrike will show up approximately 50% less in Arena.• More Spells in a Run Spells have the power to swing a board state, generally more than minions do. Obviously, there are some exceptions to this. When the distribution of spells to minions is too low, the game usually ends up in the favor of the player that gets out their minions faster and more efficiently than the other player, because there aren’t enough cards that punish overextending. Bringing the distributions of spells and minions closer together allows for more room to have an Arena game that is more strategic and facilitates more plays and counter-plays to occur. • Neutral Classic Cards Show Up Less A lot of neutral Classic cards tend to be minions without any text that lack interesting effects. While they are great for introducing newer players to Hearthstone and providing baselines for power level comparisons, they don’t make for compelling Arena run choices. This helps make more room for spells, class cards, and expansion cards to show up at a higher rate. • Golden Cards Show Up In Arena If you own golden cards in your collection, copies of that card that appear in your Arena run will show up as golden. If you own a single golden card, the first copy of it you choose will be golden. If you own two copies of a golden card, every copy of that card you choose in the Arena will be golden. If you own one golden Legendary, every copy of that Legendary you choose in Arena will be golden. These changes will occur in an upcoming update near the end of February. We’ll see you in the Tavern! Edit: Added additional bullet point regarding golden cards.Zeriyah252 May 5
Aug 16, 2013 Welcome: Please read! Hello, and welcome to the Arena forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the Arena with your fellow combatants. Discuss your best deck-building strategies, epic winning streaks and your best Arena decks within – and learn the ropes from other Arena veterans! Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting.Zeriyah0 Aug 16, 2013
2h Opponent spells In arena im lucky if I draft 3 spells on any class. Somehow my opponents play 7+ removal spells all the time. I drafted 2 shadow ward pains as my only spells on my last priest run and out of 7 games I only drew 1 shadow ward pain. Sure I understand RNG in drawing cards, whatever. Just don't understand how players draft so much removal spells when I haven't been able to in the past 17 arena runs.Ashirt0 2h
4h Rough *Arena Guide* Tips and Tricks Just decided to put together a rough guide for ungoro arena these are tips and tricks to help you on your way to 12 wins My back ground http://www.heartharena.com/profile/hongsta/any/2017-04-07 *Basic Fundamental Skills* read your opponents (which class what they can and can't do) can you deal with x if x shows up etc know your decks archetype pros and cons. (agro midrange control attrition) What to mulligan what to expect. (going first you want to curve out going 2nd you might favour cheap removal lol eg fledgling) Do u know what to watch vsing that class? (their power turns and when do they drop the bombs) When is the swing turns ? Tempo attrition card advantage you must know your deck and guess their deck and engineer your win condition Positioning Are u safe vsing meteor? what about flame strike abysal enforcer hell fire betrayal explosive shot ? etc etc High wins = higher probablity of good class cards be careful Use www.heartharena.com it helps u draft *putting things to practice* #1 practice with a partner cuz u make mistakes friends can help point out #2 practice all forms of achetypes rush agro control mid range #3 learn cards and counters #4 play a deck u go in normal game(ranked or casual) with 20 discover cards and try to win rest is class cards aoe removal etc it helps u adapt (free arena sorta format) #5 Sequence of thoughts LETHAL me or enemy? draw first, then make trades that are obvious, then decide what to put down and positioning #6 Never stop learning 12-0 means nothing deck could have carried you it's the games where u go holy crap bad deck and u still pull a 7 or 8 that's just the best feeling #7 Always use try to use the top card you just drawn to do something that way players feel you are super lucky and get tilted and it may impact on their mid game and make them have forced errors. *Losing and dealing with it* u have 3 types of games #1 you have no business winning #2 they have no business winning #3 your decisions count towards u getting a win Don't care about the first or the 2nd they are stomps either way maybe not your fault you just play and sometimes nothing u could have done after u analyse the replay but #3's are what i care about and making the right decisions if you think that's luck then Good Luck! those are the ones that help u get 1-2 extra wins based on your decisions which means gold! If i've missed out any good tips and tricks please comment below or add i'm still learning cheers If u need help wrathblade#1420 us server good luck friends if you want to learn my door is always openWrathblade10 4h
4h 4 mages in a row ! Playing arena , for the 3rd time I don't get a mage, and all my oponents are mages ! how ? just how ?FROST3 4h
10h Next Patch Class Balance? I'm really hoping for a balance in the classes next patch as this month I've played 240 games and the class distribution of my opponents is really just sad: Mage: 87 Paladin: 68 Priest: 29 Rogue: 20 Hunter: 16 Shaman: 13 Warlock: 4 Warrior: 2 Druid: 1 I've been playing since GvG and I can't recall a time where the power level was skewed this hard towards 2-3 classes. It's getting to the point where it's just not fun anymore, and Arena has always been fun for me previously.GentleGiant4 10h
11h Disguasting Arena Cheating I feel disgusted. I just started an arena game and as always I got a crappy deck. But my first opponent had obviously a pre-made theme deck with Overload cards. There is absolutely no way that these cards picked by luck. Most cards where rare or epic and have been his original deck. How Blizzard lets this happen?d00med10 11h
16h Mage has gone too far Primodrial Glygh just made playing against Mage a nightmare. The class was already Godlike i don't understand why you give them this card.Devilseye0 16h
1d Five flamestrikes Just played against a mage with five flamestrikes, I just conceded after the fifth one cause I had one card left in my deck with an empty hand, didn't even want to see it through. So are we ever going to get the 2 limit card like in standard, or is it okay to draft eight spikeridged steeds and four blizzards, three potions, or four of the same !@#$ing minion.Ropemaster2 1d
1d How to win outside of paladin/mage? Going to 5-10 wins doesn't seem to be that difficult if I get one of these classes to pick from. Rogue I don't do as well with, but I do well enough. The problem is when I don't have one of those options, I can struggle to just break even with 3 wins, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Warlock, Priest, Shaman, Hunter - People seem to do well with these, but I must not know how to draft them for success. I just try to stick to tier lists and get a good curve. I avoid warrior at all costs. I don't know if Druid is good or not. Some say it's crap, others seem to think it can do well. What other classes should I be trying to make my go-to picks when I don't have paladin/mage/rogue available? What am I aiming to do with the deck that is different from the way I play paladin and mage (which is based on card advantage through board control, favorable trades or spells)?Risen291 1d
1d What's an accurate ranking of the classes? I've been reading a lot of tier lists to get up to speed on the newest sets for arena, but I seem to see signifcant variations in how effective people think shaman, warlock, priest, and hunter are. What is their real effectiveness? Although druid seems to be more universally panned, I'm not sure if those assessments are always up to date, I might have come across some more recent ones that gave them better marks. The only consistency I've found across multiple lists is: 1. Top tier is Mage, Paladin, and Rogue but it's harder to pull off. 2. Trash tier is warrior. I do very well with mage and paladin if I draft a solid curve and get some decent picks. 10 wins, 8 wins, 6 wins, 7 wins, etc. I also would expect to at least break even using these decks at 3-5 wins if I have a decent curve but bad card choices. But what if I don't get those as choices? I never seem to do well with Shaman, Priest, or Warlock when I've tried them. And I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I build the deck the same way I would a paladin/mage, looking for a nice mana curve of cards that will give me card advantage, with as much multiple card removal as I can get? Hunter, I'm really not sure how to build. I'm not sure what my goal is. Rogue I do ok with, but only ok. I might have to struggle more to break even without a great deck, but I feel more confident that I have an even chance. I suspect druid might fit my more conventional board control playstyle more, but I haven't tried recently. Warrior I auto ignore.Risen292 1d
1d Pack changes affecting card rewards? Just curious to see if the pack changes to the game, with regards to the pack effectively checking to see if you've got particular legendaries before giving you one that you don't own, might potentially eventually result in card rewards checking to see if you've got those cards in your collection before giving you another 5 dust for a plain common at any point? That could be a cool system, I feel.Pfaffman0 1d
1d Arena is a joke What are the chances that your opponents play a removal card on every turn 3 games in a row starting at 2 mana. Yea! played against priests and literally played shadow ward pain/death and potion of madness on every turn. Meanwhile i draft 2 spells. Same goes when I play against mages.Ubba3 1d
2d Arena Only Card Rewards It would be interesting if there were a set of cards that could be solely obtained through arena play. These cards would be released with every new expansion, and could only be found in arena rewards, with the likelihood of obtaining them increasing with the number of wins. This would allow skilled F2P players the chance to earn valuable cards and provide an incentive for more people to play the mode. It would help fill the void left by the adventure mode and could be a way to fix the arena reward system that is viewed as lackluster by much of the community. While it might take a bit of work on blizzards part, it would greatly increase the playing experience and add a new dimension to the game.Jabberwocki1 2d
2d Hemet vs Malchezaar, which to pick? I'm in a bit of a quantary over this choice. Tier lists generally put them close together, with a bit of an edge to Hemet. But Malchezaar seems a lot more powerful in the sense of potentially drastically upping the card value of my deck, as legends generally are unless I get some bad luck. Hemet would make for a better early deck, so in that sense it would not be as slow and more reliable than malchezaar, but I am not familiar enough with the newer warlock sets to know whether or not I'd regret having all my low cost stuff wiped out. I do know that at least hellfire is safe from the purge.Risen293 2d
2d Could you please put the "sorry" emote back? Because I genuinely feel sorry when I win because of this. http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/25/6/1498255778-stupid.jpg "Fun and interactive"... Alternatively, you could also remove this stupіd %^-*іng card from arena, like everyone has been asking for months.CptObvious0 2d
2d Past arena runs over the last 4 days So i decided to give arena another shot since i was tired of ladder here were my runs: 9-3 priest rewards suck 9-3 priest rewards suck 9-3 mage rewards suck 8-3 mage rewards suck 0-3 paladin i suck at paladin rewards well deserved 4-3 as hunter rewards meh 6-3 as hunter rewards suck 12-1 as hunter rewards suck So what we can conclude the rewards arent that good, but it was a nice break from ladder and got alot of goldrerolz11 2d
2d Can we pls stop giving commons as a reward?? I documented my last 8 arena rewards.5 out out of 8 were a common card. Can't break even at 4-6 wins. Whats up with that?GhostDog5 2d
2d Help analyzing bad arena run Hi all, I finished an hour ago an arena run that ended like almost all of my runs : 0 wins. The draft,in my inexperienced eyes, seemed to be good enough. I followed the advises of HSTRACKER on almost all cards but 2. I’m sure someone with more skills would have done really better but in my case, I got crushed really fast and was only giving minions as bait without being aggressive in any way, I was basically just defending myself because I saw no other option or opening. Could someone experienced analyze those rounds and give me a short opinion or just tell me what I’m doing wrong? I’m bored of spending a lot of time farming gold to play a maximum of 2 crappy arena runs a week with no benefits. Thanks a lot. Cards : http://bit.ly/2rSTCS2 Round 1 : http://bit.ly/2tuDenQ Round 2: http://bit.ly/2sVoQIt Round 3: http://bit.ly/2srUBHnEBLIS12 2d
2d wild week????????? ummmmmmm sooooooo im doing an arena run just now, and i just got beat 6th turn by a paladin using micro machine and shielded minibot... i was hunter and i didnt draw my early game removal (arcane shot/grevious). i lost 6th turn to a BoK'd silver hand knight. why the hell did i just go up against micro machine and shielded minibot?intergalacts1 2d
3d Single Cards as Rewards Over my last 50 runs that I have tracked I have received 39 single cards as rewards. That is just an unacceptable frequency to get the worst reward in the game that many times. Has anyone else noticed an increase in how often you are getting single cards? It really is highly discouraging to get 5 or 50 dust that many times, especially when dust is the most useless currency in the game.GentleGiant2 3d
3d Vicious Fledgling needs to be removed opponent plays it, I don't have an answer, so I play a minion. They attack my face windfury attack again Stealth Next turn I draw an answer, that I can't use on a stealthed minion, play another one. They attack again + 3 attack attack again Steatlh R I D I C U L O U S. This card has made me not want to play arena t all just for fear of my opponent getting it. Several of these adapt cards need to be looked at for arena purposes because right now they are quite strong.Reinhardt57 3d
4d Vicious Fledgling should be a epic title if it was a epic, it would still be good, but you wouldnt get it as often, and have a better chance of not seeing itCheezusCrust5 4d
5d Just played against a wild deck in arena How is this still possible.... I thought it was changed to a standard form!?. I am sad.Wafflecakes7 5d
5d Strategy vs Rogues? Hey everyone. Can anyone give me any general advice on how to adjust when playing vs Rogues? My winrate vs that class is far worse than vs any of the others. I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure out what it is.Xagon5 5d
5d Only 1 RNG matters now... Mage or Paladin = good run Anything else = feed.SlimNZ8 5d
5d Are you going to fix mage ? There's literally no point to not pick mage in the character selection. Too much good stuff being Meteor, primordial glyph, flamestrike, blizzard, cabalist tome, babbling book and so on.. Mage obviously need a fix, like reducing the probability to get some overpowered cards that can alone win the game without even tryingFortuneDW5 5d
5d Should I bother with Arena? I know there are probably a ton of these threads, but I didn't want to hijack someone else's. Anyway, for whatever reason, I can't seem to ever go beyond 4 wins in a run and I've only gotten that high like twice since I started playing. Mostly I get 0-2 wins and I don't know what I'm doing wrong, if it's even my fault at all. I've even stooped to using the HearthArena app to see if it would help me. It's nice for pointing out synergies and such, but otherwise hasn't helped me win, despite picking what it recommends (I don't 100% of the time, for the record). Just recently, I went 0-3 as Mage. MAGE. Yes, I'm ashamed of it, but I wasn't given all the best cards to draft from like others get. No option to pick Meteor, just 1 Glyph, and The Boogeymonster as the only legendary (I don't remember what the other 2 choices were, but they were worse) and I rarely get the option to draft a legendary. Meanwhile, all my opponents had godly drafts with an answer to everything I played. I played against a Priest who maintained board control throughout most of the match and at one point drew 2 Charged Devilsaurs in a row. The Paladin I played against was even worse, with a full board on turn 6 with a Spikeridged Steed minion while I could keep nothing on the board. A complete stomp. I've watched others play Arena on Youtube and they seem to have so much more luck than I do, including playing against bad opponents who make mistakes left and right. It's so frustrating to not make it to at least 3 wins since it means not usually breaking even, so it turns out to be a loss in gold and a complete waste of time. I wonder if I just purchase packs whenever I get 100 gold.Rivini12 5d
5d Randomized class ... is what this game mode needs. You pay arena entry fee, recieve a random class, draft your cards and then need to adapt and git gud. Now we would really see the true nature of more than half the halfwits insta picking mage. Serisously make random class a thing and fix this game mode for good.QCOuTLaWz9 5d
6d WEAK SEA SERVER ARENA !@#$ING BUG , WHEN IM WINNING SUDDENLY BOTH TEAM CANT MOVE , THEN AFTER 1MIN WHEN I RELOG , I LOST THE SURE WIN GAME ? IT HAPPENED TWICE TO ME IN 1 WEEK , WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR SERVER BLIZZARD?NeeGahShilUh0 6d
6d How Low Can You Go!? Dear Friends What's the lowest Deck rating you actually had in arena? with trying to draft a decent deck here's mine lol http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/95ty27 it was 61.3 and wow they were MOSTLY my best choices i crashed and burnt hard funny stuff... best 150 gold well spent!Wrathblade2 6d
6d Wild arena that awards wild packs as a reward I used to exclusively play arena, but after the standard change I find myself playing it less and less. And while yes, I could just go play wild constructed, it's not as fun nor does it have the same variety and interesting moments that the old arena used to have. With wild seeming to at least be getting a little push, it'd make sense to have a wild format arena in addition to standard for those who wished it. Maybe even have it reward wild packs as well so those wishing to play wild have a viable way to beef up their collection a bit?Magustine7 6d
6d Which legendary Hey first card draft for pally, which one? Zerus, Gruul, 7 Mana Hogger I was considering Zerus, is that the best choice? I don't use arena programs, I don't really like any of the choices. It also seems like a really bad card to draw into.Ropemaster5 6d
6d Looking for an Arena Co - Op Buddy I've come to the realisation that 2 decent players in arena discussing plays is better than myself going on tangents.... I'm looking for decent arena players to go CO-OP with preferably 1 run a day and we'll change accounts and go again we can learn from each other #1 need constructive non negative player #2 has a microphone to discuss plays #3 no blame game it's a LEARNING for all of us this new meta of arena everyone needs time to adjust #4 My goal is to consistently hit 6 or 7's and get money back and build our collection! add me if you are interested wrathblade#1420 NA SERVERWrathblade6 6d
Jun 18 Nerf Vicious Fledgling ASAP. Not a whole lot of incentive to BUY arena runs when you know there's a card out there that means game over 50% of the time.Reckmore10 Jun 18
Jun 18 Top 100 Participants' Activity Interesting trend on the monthly top 100's. Sure, the hype has died down, which is expected. But if you've taken a glance at each one Blizz has published you'll notice that the amount of runs for people making it onto the list have increased from month to month. The first couple months have had vast majority of low 30 to maybe 40 runs of activity. In the last 2, you see people with like hundreds of runs. For example YaroKap on EU with 151 (!) runs averaging 8.23. He only needed to do 30 but he went to 151, on one server, one account. So it's very likely he wasn't actively even "going for it" and only owns that 1 account, which is pretty rare in infinite players. And he's only one of many. If you just cut paste or import them into some kinda dataframe (excel, pandas, sql etc) and just sum up the number of runs in the 100 rows, the later months have like double the number of runs compared to the first months, and even more severe on EU and Asia. NA tends to game the system at ~30 runs, possibly more statistically inclined way of thinking, not sure, just speculating. If you have basic understanding of variance (or even just know the mathematical definition) then it's obvious that multiple attempts at minimum size will have higher probability of obtaining a tail result, compared to one attempt at aggregate size, assuming equal expectation. It doesn't matter anyways, the trend of total runs is also up in NA as well, just not as severe as Asia and EU. Not sure what else this implies about the player base, but I thought it was interesting and worth discussing that's all.madkatt9 Jun 18
Jun 16 Arena as mobile player Is it worth to try and play arena on mobile (so no add-ons) or would that be a waste of gold. I like playing arena but haven't got much experience and would like to learn it. But I feel like I would be already one step behind and making my self so much harder to win? Any mobile players who play arena here? *Note I never been able to get legend in ranked either*Wantsum8 Jun 16
Jun 15 They fixed the arena REWARDS!!! NOT.... I just finished a 9 win arena run and got not 1 but 2 common cards. But one was a gold common card, so I guess that's supposed to make me feel better. Really Blizzard? About 3 hours of my time and you give me a bad reward. Hurry up and fix arena. Seriously. [Edited for language - Moderator]Westwood6 Jun 15
Jun 14 Arena idea Hey Blizzard, can you restrict Arena to only Mage, Rogue and Paladin. It's unfair if a player get to pick from other class, as they are crap and 9 out of 10 players are of those three classes anyway.Hate1 Jun 14
Jun 14 Definitely Rigged Don't even pretend its not. Y'shaarj pulling out sunkeeper to stop on board lethal by exactly 1 dmg, next turn top fan of knives into vilespine. Back to Back double card combos to prevent wins. Consistently. Ya right blizzard. At least it used to be more subtle. Its almost insulting how blatant the rig is now.Thallo65 Jun 14
Jun 14 Arena Rogue Confessions. Tips inside So I am a new player. Less months playing HS than I have fingers on two hands. Still, I am a serious player that has put many hours in. In my gaming life, I really value balance in options and just want to admit outloud that no matter how many wins and gold-back she has gotten me, Rogue in Arena is insanely broken. Right now sitting on *9* wins and *2* losses, which is not atypical when I can get V-Pain... Here's a confession of a Rogue Arena player: many games I have been playing drunk and kinda halfassin' it. Still win most the time. That cannot be right! I'm a li'l buzzy posting this too but that shouldn't matter lol... Well I'm never drunk when I do card selections anyway and here is how you dominate the Arena with Rogue: pick a curve preffering to cards somewhat on the lesser side WITH VALUE and cross your fingers for synergies (SPOILER: they usually come, and sometimes in an avalanche.) Vilespine Slayer. Do I need to type anything else? This card is just begging with its drooling mouth for the Flamestrike treatment. The number of times I have turned around a tight game with this little cutie has been ridiculous! Coin + VS is a surprisingly great play even early game, if not, hey maybe you smart enough to take a SS, BS, or Prep just for it and that only means power. Nerf it. It has really helped my Arena status but I have to take my gaming ethics over my success. My all-time highest is 10-win when I got 3 of these jerks with plenty of bounceback/synergies. Nerf stat. (nerf=restrict) Shadowcaster. Do not ever sleep on this gal if you are early in your draft or you have a synergy such as the one mentioned above or Blazecaller or etc. To illustrate the last game I played versus ANOTHER Rogue who played just fine him/herself was won after a -disconnect- that cost me a lot of tempo resuming the game after losing mid-turn. Luckily I had cast an ele the turn before; I proceeded to Blazecall his biggest and next turn Shad-C his face along with the original's attack, winning it. Luckily I was ahead that game taking them down to 11 before the dc while I was at around 20!! Poisoned Blade. This card is too good, it has been for... HA psych ok moving on xD..... Swashburglar. I'm sorry but am I the only one in the world that thinks a one-cost 1/1 minion with tribal synergies that draws a random card is a little insane? If I were Bliz I would make this card a Discovery for the opponent to pick which card you are stuck with AT LEAST..would still be damn good. I guess it is kind of its own argument so I'll just move on, but yeah, if it comes up in your draft you should take above almost any other option. Great top-decker, great first turner; broke card. *edit: make it a combo (breaks to view cardlists and can't find another) ... I guess those are about it. I want to be completely fair and honest in my review. I feel like I am missing something to add here. Please reply what that can be below. I did debate over SI:17 Agent which can be pretty damn oppressive but I don't think quite makes the cut as the other 3 should. People say "pick Mage or Rogue in Arena" I disagree. Pick Rogue. Her kit along with a few very brokey cards propels her past Mage, at least in my experiences.LiveWire1 Jun 14
Jun 13 Wild Decks in Standard Arena Like what the hell is this?! http://i.imgur.com/jewdewx.jpg http://i.imgur.com/glL8oLc.jpg (cards from NAX, much wow, very cool not) http://i.imgur.com/VlWZkdF.jpg How long ppl will do this? Saving WILD DECK for 2 months then play it when new expansion comes out? That is not the first time it's happening. I met ppl with wild decks like 5 times for the last month already. I hoped that it's over, but apparently BS continues. Why Blizzard didn't automaticly retire wild decks since they moved arena to standard format? -____-Wraith4 Jun 13
Jun 13 Disconnected While Opening Rewards Err, I just finished my first 12 win arena run, and sure enough, as soon as I go to open my rewards, the servers go down for maintenance. I was in the loot box window when the server went down, so I guess I'm a bit worried that my prizes will have disappeared. Has anyone ever experienced this anomaly before, whom possibly can ease my mind a bit?Explosivo3 Jun 13
Jun 12 Wild deck... with Un'goro cards? While not necessarily a wild card this card is banned from arena. The faceless summoner was used against me and summoned an egg-napper. So I was like oh wild deck got it. But then the 4 mana 3/3 deal 2 damage (Forgot the name) came into play with the damage going to my face. That card was NOT randomly generated. How did this player obtain this banned card? Edit: heres the image http://imgur.com/a/AYqJ4 (Ignore the first image. It just shows how good my RNG is).DuckJumper6 Jun 12
Jun 12 WOW ! Hot Dam! ARENA REWARDS ARE REAL! Unreal man been playing arena for years and yeah for those non believers it actually happened! went 10-3 with a pally deck http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/5r34n6 reflecting back DO NOT CARE I LOST!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol unreal! http://imgur.com/a/emOVF POP the champagne and celebrate with me boys and girls and good luck to others in arena!!!!!! may RNJESUS shine on them! whoops showed my gold balance >_<Wrathblade8 Jun 12
Jun 12 A priest steal my obsidian shard and luckydo and got the 9/9 out. I happen to have a Golakka Crawler in hand... Feels good when just the run before was ended after I set-up a Tirion and gateway kodo combo, the priest mindcontroled Tirion and played the gateway kodo that he thought steal earlier.JohnHoo2 Jun 12
Jun 12 TOO much RNG Do the devs read this? Because since Un Goro my Arena experience has been horrible. The amount of times I´ve lost to some Bull!@#$ RNG is too much. Doesn't matter what kind of deck I draft, wether it´s decent or Great. Because I always loose to a 4 mana Meteor or a 2 Mana Fireball or some other bull%^-* I can't play around. And whats the point of having nine heroes in a game if only three are worth playing in arena?! I get the feeling they increased the RNG on purpose to lower the skillgap and make more money from good players. Im not a pro but I have been way more consistent in arena before un goro. Or they just don't consider arena at ALL when they design cards, I mean they did make firelands portal a common card at a state of the game where mage was already king of arena. Makes no sense to me. Anyway I wrote this out of pure salt after getting kicked out of arena by some bs RNG AGAIN and I just wanted to give the devs some !@#$. Because they seem super incompetent to me.Drdizzle7 Jun 12
Jun 12 I Need Help So I've been playing casually for a while now. Since Kharazan. I haven't arena'd much. I've been scared to, honestly. For good reason. I'm wasting my money badly. Out of three games, I played rogue, Mage, and hunter. I only had 2 wins on hunter and rogue, and 3 wins with Mage. Here are my decks. I used heartharena. Picked high tier cards but also picked cards that had good synergy: Mage: http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/7h4x3i Rogue: http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/773610 Hunter: http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/zwmlwc I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm playing cards on tempo, using my board clears to make board swings, trading when it seems necessary, and going for face when I have tempo and can do so safely. My Mage deck was definitely my best and it seemed to have an answer for everything, but I still lost to bad aggro hunters and paladins using cheap low tier cards. Am I just not that good with arena? It seems like a waste of money at this point as I was only doing it for the rewards, but I'm getting basically nothing for the amount of time and effort I'm putting in for drafting and using real money for arena runs. It's actually really frustrating and makes me not want to play at all which I don't like feeling. What can I do?Xyranthion9 Jun 12
Jun 12 12 wins, 1 loss paladin deck It felt really one sided just about every game except where a priest just kinda pulled ysera + dream from that amber spell. Cult master always drew me cards. Usually over 4 cards from all the tokens I got. Light's Justice Lost in the Jungle Argent Protector Golakka Crawler Grimestreet Outfitter Hydrologist x 2 Loot Hoarder Sunfury Protector Demolisher Rallying Blade Steward of Darkshire Tar Creeper x 2 Aberrant Berserker Blessing of Kings Cult Master Hammer of Wrath Naga Corsair Grimestreet Enforcer Nesting Roc x 2 Psych-o-Tron x 2 Stand Against Darkness Argent Commander Vinecleaver Dinosized Ragnaros, Lightlord Huge MastodonXeneox0 Jun 12
Jun 11 Ban mage in arena? *strawpoll* Mage is soooo bad for the format. Can't play around any spells because of random card generation. Add to that just the cards of primordial glyph and meteor. The class is well beyond busted. Straw poll to hopefully give Blizzard an understanding there is an issue. https://strawpoll.com/yg57gs9Spyderman1 Jun 11