Arena Discussion

13h Hotfix 11.0.1 Arena Changes In an upcoming hotfix currently targeted for release on Thursday, April 19 (PDT), we will be making the following changes to the Arena: • Adjusted the buckets for certain cards so that they appear alongside cards of a similar power level, mostly from The Witchwood and Kobolds and Catacombs. • Lowered the appearance rate of Rare cards slightly and raised the appearance rate of Basic/Common cards slightly. Epic and Legendary cards should appear at the same rate. • Very slightly raised the appearance rate of below average cards. These changes should adjust the overall power level of Arena so that it feels like the choices players are making in their drafting decisions are more meaningful. Our goal is to continue making improvements to the Arena as needed and communicate these changes to our players as they are implemented. Thank you for your continued feedback.Jesse Hill0 13h
5d Hearthstone Arena Pick Update In Update 10.4, we rolled out some significant changes to the Arena. Now we’ve had a chance to see the effects they’re having and read your feedback. We agree with the concern that many of you have expressed that there are slightly too many high powered cards appearing in Arena decks. Based on that, we recently implemented two changes to Arena picks via hotfix: • Legendary picks now appear less often. • Below average picks will now appear more often. We’re planning to keep a close eye on how these changes affect the Arena experience, so please let us know what you think. Thanks for your continued feedback, and we’ll see you in the tavern!Jesse Hill65 5d
Dec 12 Arena Specifics Update 9.4 - 11/14/17 Death Knight Hero cards can no longer be drafted in Arena. Update 9.2 - 10/16/17 Vicious Fledgling can no longer be drafted in the Arena. The first two picks in an Arena draft are no longer more likely to include synergy-based cards. As part of our ongoing efforts to improve Class balance in the Arena, small appearance rate adjustments have been made to a number of Arena cards. Arena Rules - 8/31/17 Note: Neutral cards represent the baseline for all draft appearance rates. On average, Arena runs consist of 60% Common, 28% Rare, 10% Epic, and about 2% Legendary cards. Class minions are +100% more common than neutral cards. Class Spells and Weapons are +175% more common than neutral cards. Cards from the latest Expansion receive an additional +50% increase in their appearance rate. The following cards are unavailable in arena Jungle Giants, The Marsh Queen, Open the Waygate, The Last Kaleidosaur, Awaken the Makers, The Caverns Below, Unite the Murlocs, Lakkari Sacrifice, Fire Plume’s Heart, Klaxxi Amber Weaver, Dark Arakkoa, Cult Sorcerer, Hooded Acolyte, Twilight Darkmender, Blade of C’Thun, Usher of Souls, Ancient Shieldbearer, Twilight Geomancer, Disciple of C’Thun, Twilight Elder, C’Thun’s Chosen, Crazed Worshipper, Skeram Cultist, Twin Emperor Vek’lor, Doomcaller, C’Thun, Dust Devil, Totemic Might, Ancestral Healing, Windspeaker, Sacrificial Pact, Sense Demons, Faceless Summoner, Succubus, Savagery, Soul of the Forest, Mark of Nature, Warsong Commander, Rampage, Starving Buzzard, Timber Wolf, Snipe, Mind Blast, Lightwell, Purify and Inner Fire. Flamestrike, Abyssal Enforcer, and Vicious Fledgling appear in drafts 50% less often. Neutral cards from the Classic and Basic set appear 50% less often. Popular cards had small drop rate changes to address class balance concerns. We’re working to improve the Arena experience, and your feedback is always appreciated!Daxxarri92 Dec 12
Aug 16, 2013 Welcome: Please read! Hello, and welcome to the Arena forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the Arena with your fellow combatants. Discuss your best deck-building strategies, epic winning streaks and your best Arena decks within – and learn the ropes from other Arena veterans! Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting.Zeriyah0 Aug 16, 2013
49m Paladin OP in arena FIX IT As most of you noticed, most decks in the arena are paladins, and there is a good reason for it: It has two rares (Spikeridged Steed and Silver Sword). Silver Sword is a bit bigger threat for the arena since there isn't that many weapon removals present, and because it affects ALL the minions. So in the arena Silver Sword basically says: I win the game if you don't kill me in the next turn (or two if you are lucky), no way to control it longer than that, and after that control belongs to Paladin with Silver Sword. If this is not fixed it will cause less attendance in the arena since its too repetitive and not fun...ZombieSlav1 49m
1h MODERATELY is an UNDERSTATEMENT https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/21694420/update-11-0-april-10-enter-the-witchwood Arena Updates Moderately reduced the appearance rates of below average cards. Humongous Razorleaf and Ancient Watcher will no longer appear in Arena drafts. They basically done Focked it up again back to 10.4 but with less legendaries BUT MODERATELY increase on everything else INCLUDING steeds! 80% of pally decks have steeds! https://hsreplay.net/cards/#playerClass=PALADIN&gameType=ARENA 72.7% of decks with blizzard? in 1.55 Copies per mage deck? how do u even play? https://hsreplay.net/cards/#playerClass=MAGE&gameType=ARENA Definition https://www.google.com.au/search?q=moderately&rlz=1C1ASUC_enAU734AU734&oq=moderately&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61l2j69i60l3.2503j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 moderately ˈmɒd(ə)rətli/Submit adverb to a certain extent; quite; fairly. "the event was moderately successful" synonyms: somewhat, quite, rather, fairly, reasonably, comparatively, relatively, to a limited extent/degree, to a certain degree, to some extent, within reason, within limits, tolerably, passably, adequately, satisfactorily; More in a moderate manner. "growth continues moderately" within reasonable limits. "both hotels are moderately priced" There's nothing you have done to a certain extent that is right about ARENA. There hasn't been quite minute changes . NOR ARE THEY FAIRLY implemented. They aren't resaonable. Within Reason or within Limits or any other synonym used on that word to describe the changes. Fix your dam mess thanks before people leave in droves!Wrathblade4 1h
3h Hotfix 11.0.1 Arena Changes Greetings everyone, In an upcoming hotfix, currently targeted for release on Thursday, April 19 (PDT), we will be looking to make some changes to arena. For information on this hotfix and what all it entails, please visit the sticky post located here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20762297713 Cheers!Jesse Hill31 3h
3h Concern around the Arena Hotfix People are just going to draft an arena deck before the Hotfix, since you're more likely to get a more powerful deck currently. Then when the hotfix goes through, they wait a day or so then begin to use the deck they drafted after other people draft bad decks via the hotfix. Krip literally just did this himself a few minutes prior to me making this post. And he even mentioned this exact reasoning as to why he's doing it. This is similar to how people were drafting decks in an older expansion, held it, then used it after a new expansion dropped in arena to bulldoze bad arena drafts. The first couple of days of arena after the hotfix are going to be pretty !@#$ty for anyone that drafts a deck after said hotfix. Because there are others who are holding onto pre-hotfix decks, just waiting to run them over.Alpha6 3h
12h Episode 30: Team Arena otbdave + BlueBrutus Our 30th weekly team arena run is going live now. Two legend constructed players talking through an arena draft and run. My channel offers loyalty points that can be redeemed for packs just for watching. https://www.twitch.tv/otbdave We average 5.2 wins per run so far. Appreciate views and follows, I will also return follows for other streamers!otbdave0 12h
12h Terrible arena system If you are going to offer people cards based on POWER and not rarity why not make it so that everyone gets the same power level cards for each pick? So you can win with good pics and good plays and not just by being offered only high powered cards over and over. It's really not complicated but ofc you screw it up every time. It's better than it was when you first implemented the power level > rarity system but that's not saying much....Arc5 12h
17h So this is what arena is like? Shudderwok shaman with 2 grumbles,3 murmur elemental,3 servant of kalimos that was active every time he played it. Big spell mage with 3 dragons fury 3 blizzard and 2 spiteful summoner that pulls pyroblast. Pally that played 5 spikeridge steed(dont know how many he had) Yeah,all set with witchwood arena. Ty for your time.donmonious0 17h
19h What's up with Paladin Blizzard? Why is Paladin getting so much love from Blizzard and especially in arena? Paladin have been the best class in arena for quite a while now with OP cards like Spikeridge/Tarim/Tirion/Lightfused/Dinosize/Vinecleaver/Avenging and such. Now I noticed that one of the most spammy class gets a 3/4 weapon that buffs ALL minions on each hit called Silver Sword and I can't really understand what blizzard were thinking here? In arena you don't got weapon removal in the same way as in constructed and I can't understand why it would have 4 hits with buff all? Buff one or maybe even two would be fine with 4 hits, but all is kind of insane? I know that all will not have the luck to have a good hand at turn 7+, but if they do you are almost screwed in arena. Just thinking that it's a damn shame that a class that are already really big in arena right now should be even more buffed since most cards that makes it good comes from Ungoro.Xatic11 19h
19h ONLY PALADIN IN ARENA LOL Blizzard please, only have Paladins in arena, i count 10 games 8 Paladins, please nerf thisxiTEr2 19h
1d Arena still sucks because rewards suck. Look it takes 150 gold to enter. You can lose 3 times and you're out. That's an average of 50 gold per loss. I don't care about, nor do I want dust. I don't care about, nor do I want extra stupid cards. So now that we know every single win/loss is worth 50 gold.... If I win 5 games, that's 250 gold that was entered into the arena. What do I get as a reward? A pack of cards (100 gold) Some worthless dust. Some garbage card I don't care about. 90 gold. Where's the other 60 gold? That's 40% of the buy-in, gone. Where did it go? Sure as hell a bit of worthless dust and a garbage random card isn't worth 60 gold. I mean if it was meant to be a gold sink I can see 10% of the buy-in being taken out. So that would still be another 45 gold missing.Thatguy18 1d
1d Why did you revert the rarity change? Arena was the best it was in ages after the patch, except for the pre-patch decks. then you just revert the changes and essentially make it pre-patch again ????Reinhardt2 1d
1d My terrible misplay I just made a terrible misplay in arena, it was turn 13 and I forgot to play around the 6th defile. None of them were from any special effects. I was playing paladin so I got rekt.Hdheggs3 1d
1d 4 Free from amber & 3 Holy water and a rope burner on top of that. Arena is awful and frustrating and worst no fun. Arena was why I play at all and now it sucks. Just signed up for MTG arena. Taking a break for a bit. NO FUN AT ALL BLIZZARD!!! yes-very salty after this match and the one before it who had 2 Lich Kings.DeadlyKitten1 1d
1d TAKE AWAY THE 5 GOLD IN ARENA. SERVES NO PURPOSE AND IT MAKES MY !@#$ING OCD SET OFF TO A POINT WHERE I OFTEN JUST HAVE TO RELOG OFF ALMOST IMMEDIATELY ALSO I LOVE ARENA BUT %^-*ING HATE PLAYING IT BECAUSE I MIGHT GET THAT BULL!@#$ AMOUNT. TAKE IT THE HELL AWAY AND MAKE IT EVEN AMOUNTS. I HATE HAVING 5 GOLD RN MORE THAN ANYTHING.Egzotik2 1d
2d Blizzard not the company, the card. this card is so common mages can see this at least 2 times per draft the highest I've seen is probably 7 right nowRopemaster3 2d
2d Unstable evolution Starting to think this is worse then Steed. Burned by it every time I face Shaman. Hard to counter in Arena.DeadlyKitten3 2d
2d Draft nothing but bombs. This is the new strategy. Forget synergy, forget combos. Its all 7+ mana minions and you win the game. don't forget this.Dolador0 2d
2d What would make you guys happy? Literally every time I come to these message boards it's just overflowing with hate on Arena. What would you guys change? Or do you just come here to vent after losing? I think in general Arena will always be 80% luck, 20% skill but: I think discover cards generate too many amazing cards too often ( I think the quality of discovered cards should be on par with what you get when you open a pack - mostly !@#$) I think 5 cards per pick instead of 3 would lead to a lot more decks with good synergy and Arena would become more skill based. Less occurrence of out of control cards like spikeridge steed & meteor etc. (like how they nerfed flamestrike / abysall enforcer occurrence) Do you guys have any thoughts?Millenko9 2d
2d Witchwood arena yep, still paladin mage rogue as it has been since arena's conception, only now we have "better" quality drafts (if you pay to win) Boycott this until they really fix it. As in, actual arena players make the decisions.REEEEEEEEEEE7 2d
2d Arena is way too powerful In what world is a limited format like arena supposed to be filled with whole decks that are stuffed to the brim with extremely powerful cards. What? This is not arena, this is constructed 1.5 it's ridiculous. The entire heart and soul of arena has been ripped out and replaced with giving everyone great cards all the time. The argument that the old arena took less skill is ridiculous. Of course there were pics that were obvious, there always will be but knowing if you needed to take your second fireball over your first frostbolt, because you'd only have ONE of each was based off of how to read the meta and your deck. It's hearthstone.... if you give less skilled players access to great cards all the time, anyone can resolve multiple fireballs with a minion on board and win anyone can resolve a spikeridged steed multiple times the new arena takes FAR less skill to draft, and far less skill to pilot the decks. Games are now about answers and high-value threats, rather than the focus being on proper trading and board position... please change arena backKookies3 2d
2d The Arena? My question is: Is The Arena a lower risk-reward than just buying packs? wondering if I should save gold or not :vAuro5 2d
3d Explosive Runes appearance rate busted The appearance rate for Explosive Runes is out of control right now. It's common to find mages that have 2-3 copies. I even ran into a mage that had 5 copies. :oSarcorius2 3d
3d Rate my deck Where can I rate my arena deck and get a score? I'm not used to drafting Paladin. Should I go face all the way since I have 3x Equality and not super strong late game cards. Paladin Arena: 1 cost: 1x Blessing of Might 1x Noble Sacrifice 1x Young Dragonhawk 2 cost: 3x Equality 1x Potion of Heroism 2x Knife Juggler 1x Loot Hoarder 2x Ravasaur Runt 3 cost: 1x Benevolent Djinn 1x Ironfur Grizzly 1x Void Ripper 4 cost: 3x Hammer of Wrath 2x Truesilver Champion 1x Lightfused Stegodon 1x Mad Hatter 1x Mou'shan Warden 1x Unpowered Steambot 5 cost: 1x Blessed Champion 1x Sunborne Val'kyr 6 cost: 1x Spikeridged Steed 1x Argent Commander 7 cost: 1x Stormwind Champion 1x War Golemillusion3 3d
3d Bell Curve Card Pool and How to save Arena So Before 10.4 the one of main complaints was that drafting arena decks took very little skill as 80-90% of draft picks had an obvious choice. Let`s say, Spikeridged Steed / Howling Commander / Holy Wrath. So in 10.4 this was changed so that cards of relative equal power level would show up simultaneously. Making the draft look more like, Vinecleaver / Spikeridged Steed / Aldor Peacekeeper. These cards are much closer in power level and it now more often requires decision making during drafting, which is great! But! It also came with some added problems. If we look at third party sites like Heartharena`s card tiers, they make a bell curve around Average cards. http://www.heartharena.com/tierlist Tiers being, Great, Good, Above Average, Average, Below Average, Bad, Terrible. Which means that the Terrible and Great cards are selected from small card pools while the Average card pool is completely bloated, being 3 times larger than the others. This means that whenever you get to draft a Great card you are very likely to see a specific card. Which explains why many decks currently have several copies of the same Great card. Free From Amber, Spikeridged Steed etc. (It also explains why Mind Control Tech is currently running rampart). Added to that it also diminishes the card diversity of the Average Cards, as they are selected from such a large pool. You are far more likely to be offered 3 Spikeridged Steed than 3 Arrogant Crusader during drafting. To reestablish card diversity we have to make the card pools in the tiers of about even size. This might hurt decision making a little. Let`s say we just have 3 tiers now, The Good the Average and the Ugly. So now both Arrogant Crusader and Spikeridged Steed might be considered good cards for the sake of diversity and thereby sometimes show up next to each other, but neither could ever show up with Blessed Champion from the Ugly tier, or Divine Favor from the Average tier. This change is to keep balance between deck diversity and decision making. Still the main problem with arena is that it feels like a slot machine, with one player being offered. 9 Great, 7 Good, 7 Above Average, 5 Average, 3 Below Average, 0 Bad, 0 Terrible. While another player is only offered 3 Great, 5 Good, 5 Above Average, 7 Average, 4 Below Average, 2 Bad, 2 Terrible. Now for the second player it is near impossible to achieve 12 wins, while the first player could be a noob being carried past 7+ wins by the sheer power level of his deck. But now that we have the cards squeezed into tiers this is quite easy to fix. By now letting players always draft, 10 Good, 10 Average and 10 Ugly cards (Yes 10 Ugly, we got to play with those Ancient Mage and The Beast sometimes, that`s what makes arena fun and diverse from standard!) Both decks should now be much closer in power level adding some fair play, that aspect also adds even more decision making into the draft. Rare or better picks at 1, 10, 20, 30 should also be removed. Some classes have a lot of great Rare cards, like Paladin, while other classes like Mage have a lot of great common cards. And it contradicts the whole point of mixing cards across rarity in the first place. Instead I suggest that they add 1 guaranteed Legendary, a bit like a mascot for your deck. The legendary should also be either Good, Average or Ugly, or everybody would just play The Lich King, and then cards like The Beast would never see play. What do you guys think?BLindberg1 3d
3d undo all recent arena changes This needs to keep being repeated. The recent changes to arena narrow the available cards in an average deck. Because of very poor and preexisting power level stratification between cards, the same picks are frequently offered back to back, especially among classes with a weaker overall card pool. This is a repeat of the mistake made with synergy picks. The problem will only get worse as the rotation will narrow the card pool even further, and players will begin to see the same set of 3 cards 4 or more times in a single draft. Arena only cards are completely misaligned to their actual power level in draft and feel untested in their cost vs effect, and should be removed as soon as possible. The microadjustment system is frustratingly obscure and demonstrably volatile, severely reducing the skill gap between veteran and inexperienced players. It is nonsense that the players should not know what's going on under the hood in arena, and opacity on this system has damaged blizzard's reputation with its most dedicated players. I would say that this system could be explained in detail to remedy the solution but it would be better to remove it entirely. By all appearances the Micro-Adjustment system seems to be a tremendously overengineered solution for the arena. You wouldn't try to invent a combine harvester to pick tomatos in your garden. Hearthstone's arena has few enough cards to be balanced manually, and in fact needs it when the MicroAdjustment system has been observed to throw massive curveballs of 6%-8% win rate changes overnight.exigy6 3d
3d Too Many Spikeridge Steeds There's already a few posts about this but Paladins are clearly able to draft way too many of these. The occurrence rate for this card is too high. Please look into this!!!EvilPrez0 3d
3d The new Arena - bad Arena! The new Arena does NOT reward good players! While picking a cards, you either have 3 good cards or 3 bad cards. It doesn't matter if you are good or bad -> you can't do anything with this system! It is so bad! Plus, remove "Arena only cards". They are either really bad or OPAF! Change it, please. Thank you <3Sentry29 3d
3d Utility of 5G Rewards? In reality, a reward of 5g is essentially an Arena only award that does not have any utility to players unless they play Arena again and only if they earn another X5g as a reward. Not only is it's utility limited, but it essentially denies players access to a [partial] reward for possibly an indefinite amount of time - you're not guaranteed to win an x5g reward. Comparatively, the x5 dust distributions can at least be immediately utilized by players for crafting purposes by dusting a common card to get the 10 dust increment level which is necessary for crafting. I.E. if I want to craft a card, I need x increments of 10 dust. A 5 dust reward is half of a 10 dust increment, but I can disenchant a common to make the 5 dust reward have utility. With receiving dust, I can access the reward by simply disenchanting a common card. However, with gold, I can only access the award or utilize it by playing a particular format and rolling a particular reward. As a solution, anytime someone would be rewarded with a distribution of 5g, instead, award them 5 dust or (x)+5 dust if they are already receiving a dust distribution. If we assume that 1 dust equals approximately 1 gold, it still allows Blizzard to distribute using the current rewards distribution formula, but it also means that players have better access and utility to the rewards they win.Caedus0 3d
4d stop with the 5 increment gold it is useless. if make getting a reward feel worthless. like with 5 gold you cant do anything even leaving you 5 gold short of a arena run instead of 10 where you need 3 wins to get that you only get 5 gold from arena rewards.tuba3 4d
4d 10 win arena rewards! look pic thats arena reward with 10 win.... https://i.hizliresim.com/gOQgvZ.png 175 gold ! golden penguen ? 80 dust ? pack / of course where is more gold ? what changed with witchwood ?Quxs072 4d
4d arena rewards changed ??? look pic arena rewards are changed ? i couldn't see that new patch notes https://i.hizliresim.com/gOQgvZ.pngQuxs070 4d
4d Discovering Hero Cards in Arena Lost a close game because my opponent discovered Hagatha the Witch Hero card with Blink Fox. If you can't draft Hero cards any more, why can you still discover them?Rambo2 4d
4d spikeridged steed this card blows, big time if you don't draft good early game against your opponent, it's an automatic loss, even moreso if they have two. this is why I always have to pick silence now since 80% of the matchup is still paladin and I get to hold a dead card in my hand, I cry everytime I see 6 mana crystals on my opponent's side, he's a paladin, and he has a minion on the board, like has there ever been a turn 6 paladin where he didn't play steed #notnotyourblog #thisismyblog #salty03Ropemaster1 4d
4d WW Cards too rare in Arena. I`m only getting 1-5 of the new cards in per deck. At other expansion releases it would be closer to 10 or even half your deck. Arena drafting has never been this bad. Seeing the same older cards; Spikeriged Steed, Blizzard, Lightning Storm, as 2-3 copies in each deck (Not to mention Mind Control Tech is out of control). It seems that these cards have been placed into some very small cards pools, which causes them to be offered over and over again. Honestly I miss the old drafting system, it had the most deck diversity. The quality of the deck you end up with is not about picking Flamestrike above Wisp, but how many times Flamestrike is offered during the draft.BLindberg2 4d
4d Too much poisons on arena :( I'm a bit sick of too much poisonos creatures on arena... Previosly most of them were low health minions, so you can easily clear them with small minions or board clears. But for now there are a lot of 5+ hp minions with poison and you literaly can't play anything without being out tempoed to the ground. https://hsreplay.net/replay/nDmuFLuS7aSLDGJJvswn38Shankar0 4d
5d Arena worse than ever If opening packs was anything like drafting in arena you'd only have to spend 1000 gold to make 3 tier 1 decks Your team's laziness, complacency and greed is incredible and inexcusable. Diablo went down the toilet, StarCraft went down the toilet, hearthstone is circling the drain - can't wait for blizzard to go under. You deserve itFlatDude0 5d
5d Blizz deleting anti-arena posts I had a very nicely listed, thought out post about why arena is so damn bad..it got 404'd one minute after the post. So im just gonna say this. You guys killed arena. Its awful, its not fun its like constructed but worse..didnt think that was possible. Been a fan of hearth arena since beta..and now you can't even take criticism, you just delete posts? I mean its obvious nobody likes it from streamers to every post on the forum. Good luck. Im done with the game for a bit. I feel like sh*t everytime i finish a game, win or lose. Later blizz. Ill check back in a month since it seems as though you dont give a crap about arena at this point.VonDoom8 5d
5d PLEASE MICRO ADJUST SPIKE RIDGE STEED Dear friends and Guests it's come to my attention that https://hsreplay.net/cards/#playerClass=PALADIN&gameType=ARENA It's the top 2 most PLAYED CARD even though it's from a PAST(KNC) PAST(FT) PAST(UNGORO) expansion? And it's in 80.1% of the ALL THE PALADIN DECKS? with an average 1.76 PER PALADIN Player? THIS IS NOT UNGORO THIS IS WITCHWOOD FIX YOUR MISTAKE THANKSWrathblade0 5d
5d Where's Wildfest Leaderboard for March? Wildfest spanned over 2 months. First you had Wildfest leaderboard appearing in February but you didn't include one for March even though the event was half of March? Please update for March's leaderboard please. Some of us actually made efforts because most of us assumed it was going to be one leaderboard for the entirety of the event. If you included one for February, the least you can do is include another one for March. Thanks.Tachii0 5d
5d Dipped my toe back into arena And what I learned is there are only 2 classes, the one you where forced to pick because mage wasn't an option, and the mage class that everyone else got to pick. Seriously literally every single game I played in arena was against a mage. Maybe just maybe it's time to address that nonsense.Martyrofsand3 5d
5d Mind Control Tech in Witchwood Arena So i`ve already played through 3 arena runs and just drafted my fourth deck. Across the decks i`ve drafted 5 Mind Control Tech and passed on another 1-2 possible picks. Half my games my opponent has played one too. I feel currently the later stages in arena is just playing with and around that card. I know you might say; "Just play around it dude!" but often that isn`t really an option, if you refuse to never play more than play 3 minions for the entire game you might fall behind on tempo and lose, and sometimes you really have to push for lethal, or going all in is your only option for winning. If you do play the fourth minion there`s a good chance your opponent got MCT. The drafting pool has just decreased with three sets rotating out, and in the latest patch notes(11.0) they decreased the pick rate for below average picks. Mind Control Tech now shows up all the time when drafting arena decks. Looking at HearthArena rating the card is about 70-80 varying a bit across classes. So it`s not really a 110+ flamestrike rating. But more in line with Vicious Fledgling which got banned from arena for being "Not fun to play against" I really feel and hope something similar will be done against Mind Control Tech too, and soon. I`ve made it to the top list on EU Arena a few times (Last time in December). And nothing is more soul crushing than your opponent playing Hungry Ettin into Mind Control Tech and luckily stealing that 8 drop you just played last turn and not one of the two 1/1 dudes. Counting Mind Control is 10 mana plus the value of the 3/3 body and counting the left over mana, that`s essentially value close Ultimate Infestation on a 3mana card. Sylvanas was moved to Hall of Fame partly because using a neutral minion steal your opponents minions was too strong. It`s 3/3 body is good enough to play it on curve if you have to with no real loss if you really have to, like the pre-nerf Big Game Hunter. A few changes would be to: Simply ban it from Arena. Move it to Hall of Fame. Change it from a battlecry to a deathrattle, giving your opponent another turn to see the danger and play around it, forcing them to trade if they got more than 3 minions. Make it a 1/1 or 1/2 so it`s not both a tech card and a curve minion. Or change it to 5 mana like with Big Game Hunter.Bjarkel9 5d
5d arena garbage like expansion nice 4 turns in a row with priest playing trapped amber maybe you should rename arena scamenanerfrogue5 5d
5d New arena sucks. I don't know what changes you made, but it's so up in the air right now. Recently I've had 12 wins with crap decks then just now two 0-3 with good decks. Puts me off playing. There's no consistency. I used to at the worst always get 5-6 wins. Now it's either 10-12 wins or zero wins. fix this please.Malango8 5d
5d Wow Arena must be broke. Just picked cards for a Mage run. 3 Flamestrikes and 3 Blizzards, and I passed on 2 more Blizzards. There were barely any non-class cards to pick from. Every pick had at least 1 good class card to choose. No way this was intentional.Rugula5 5d
6d Idea - replace arena with casino mode This whole game is a casino based on RNG, but it truly shows in Arena. You don't have to even play, you already know how many wins you will get in draft, if you will lose or not in the first 2 turns. Garbage At least with casino mode, we can put in 150 dollars and get 90% chance of 100g 40 dust like alwaysnerfrogue2 6d
6d Relatively equal power level The new draft system is supposed to grant 3 choices of cards in a relatively equal power level, however this is, in my opinion, a rather difficult thing to achieve, particularly when new expansions go live. Internal testing obviously helps, however it is also very difficult to precisely predict the tier levels of every card when they go live. I bring this up since I saw nightscale matriarch, a new 7 mana 4/9 that spawns 3/3 minions when a friendly minion is healed, offered with nightblade, a 5 mana 4/4 that deals 3 damage to face. I would argue that these cards are clearly of a different power level from each other. So unless I'm wrong about nightscale matriarch and the card is as horrible as nightblade, they've either put the card in the wrong card pool, or the card pool contains a pretty large range of power level of cards. You really can't blame the devs if they mess up for this matter, since it is a difficult call to make. However this does get me wondering about one question: How do they determine which card belongs in which power level pool? Do they get help from third party groups like heartharena? Do they consult arena experts that make the leaderboard each month? The issue of assigning a card to the wrong power level pool will probably arise upon release of every expansion. It is probably inevitable, so the best thing that the devs can do, in my opinion, is react quickly and frequently. Since you really don't need to own any cards to play arena, I think it is less of a heavy decision to make changes in arena than in constructed. So perhaps monthly adjustments for the power level pools would be helpful. I also think that it'll be cool if they would be more transparent on the power level pool of cards in arena. They can put another status on the cards saying 'Arena tier x', or they can simply post the power level pools of arena cards on their website. Whatever it is, I would like to know which cards are being considered 'relatively equal power' to each other. Lastly, one little complaint. I do think that ultimate infestation should be removed from arena entirely, since I genuinely think that it is more powerful than most death knight cards. Other than that I think arena is fine. Thanks for reading!fur0 6d