Arena Discussion

5h Arena Specifics Update 9.2 - 10/16/17 Vicious Fledgling can no longer be drafted in the Arena. The first two picks in an Arena draft are no longer more likely to include synergy-based cards. As part of our ongoing efforts to improve Class balance in the Arena, small appearance rate adjustments have been made to a number of Arena cards. Arena Rules - 8/31/17 Note: Neutral cards represent the baseline for all draft appearance rates. On average, Arena runs consist of 60% Common, 28% Rare, 10% Epic, and about 2% Legendary cards. Class minions are +100% more common than neutral cards. Class Spells and Weapons are +175% more common than neutral cards. Cards from the latest Expansion receive an additional +50% increase in their appearance rate. The following cards are unavailable in arena Jungle Giants, The Marsh Queen, Open the Waygate, The Last Kaleidosaur, Awaken the Makers, The Caverns Below, Unite the Murlocs, Lakkari Sacrifice, Fire Plume’s Heart, Klaxxi Amber Weaver, Dark Arakkoa, Cult Sorcerer, Hooded Acolyte, Twilight Darkmender, Blade of C’Thun, Usher of Souls, Ancient Shieldbearer, Twilight Geomancer, Disciple of C’Thun, Twilight Elder, C’Thun’s Chosen, Crazed Worshipper, Skeram Cultist, Twin Emperor Vek’lor, Doomcaller, C’Thun, Dust Devil, Totemic Might, Ancestral Healing, Windspeaker, Sacrificial Pact, Sense Demons, Faceless Summoner, Succubus, Savagery, Soul of the Forest, Mark of Nature, Warsong Commander, Rampage, Starving Buzzard, Timber Wolf, Snipe, Mind Blast, Lightwell, Purify and Inner Fire. Flamestrike, Abyssal Enforcer, and Vicious Fledgling appear in drafts 50% less often. Neutral cards from the Classic and Basic set appear 50% less often. Popular cards had small drop rate changes to address class balance concerns. We’re working to improve the Arena experience, and your feedback is always appreciated!Daxxarri81 5h
Sep 29 Update 7.1 Arena Changes In our next update, we will be making a few changes to the Arena that should make it more interesting for our players and offer a much different experience with each set release. • Arena will change from Wild format to Standard As more cards are added to the Arena pool, having each game feel meaningfully different actually becomes harder to accomplish. Many of the cool synergies between cards, such as Jade Golems or Mechs, live within each individual set release. Attempting to create decks that utilize these meaningful synergies in a wide and diluted card pool will become more and more difficult as the Wild card pool grows larger. Arena runs then becomes less about card synergies and smart deck choices and more about being fortunate enough to be presented with the best card from each set. This change should put the focus back on the player for good, synergistic Arena choices and make Arena decks feel more cohesive. We’ll be monitoring using the Standard format in Arena carefully, and we may add additional changes or formats in the future if it doesn’t meet our goals of having Arena feel interesting and different with each set release. • Changes to Card Rarity Distribution We’re making a change to the frequency in which Common and Basic cards show up in the Arena. Common cards were about 78% of all Arena cards, and we felt that number was too high considering that many of the cards that focus around individual class identity and power level rely on the common cards of any given class. After this change, the number of Common and Basic cards that show up overall should be lower, giving more room for fun Rare, Epic, and Legendary cards to show up in an Arena run. In addition, the cards Abyssal Enforcer and Flamestrike will show up approximately 50% less in Arena.• More Spells in a Run Spells have the power to swing a board state, generally more than minions do. Obviously, there are some exceptions to this. When the distribution of spells to minions is too low, the game usually ends up in the favor of the player that gets out their minions faster and more efficiently than the other player, because there aren’t enough cards that punish overextending. Bringing the distributions of spells and minions closer together allows for more room to have an Arena game that is more strategic and facilitates more plays and counter-plays to occur. • Neutral Classic Cards Show Up Less A lot of neutral Classic cards tend to be minions without any text that lack interesting effects. While they are great for introducing newer players to Hearthstone and providing baselines for power level comparisons, they don’t make for compelling Arena run choices. This helps make more room for spells, class cards, and expansion cards to show up at a higher rate. • Golden Cards Show Up In Arena If you own golden cards in your collection, copies of that card that appear in your Arena run will show up as golden. If you own a single golden card, the first copy of it you choose will be golden. If you own two copies of a golden card, every copy of that card you choose in the Arena will be golden. If you own one golden Legendary, every copy of that Legendary you choose in Arena will be golden. These changes will occur in an upcoming update near the end of February. We’ll see you in the Tavern! Edit: Added additional bullet point regarding golden cards.Zeriyah272 Sep 29
Aug 16, 2013 Welcome: Please read! Hello, and welcome to the Arena forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the Arena with your fellow combatants. Discuss your best deck-building strategies, epic winning streaks and your best Arena decks within – and learn the ropes from other Arena veterans! Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting.Zeriyah0 Aug 16, 2013
18m Please remove Lich King from Arena This game is always going to be pretty RNG based, obviously, but Lich King is too large of a swing. If you have Lich King and the opponent doesn't, they're pretty much !@#$ed. Something has to go seriously wrong for you to lose with this card in Arena. It makes the game mode very unfun and it would be a very simple change to just remove it.GiantFick4 18m
42m Is there an option To copy your arena decklist? I'm currently 5-2 priest and 5 out of 7 games have gone to mutual fatigue. I'm wondering if I drafted too much removal/ not enough threats/ etc but, short of typing out every card, I can't find a way to copy paste. I would like some constructive critique.nocturnusali2 42m
2h Bonemare... I don't know why there don't seem to be many threads about this card (compared to ones about deathknights, for example). But it feels like almost half of my arena games (win or lose) are decided by bonemares, especially when you get past 5 or 6 wins. It's also really not rare to come against a player who has 2 (or more!) of them. I just fail to understand how the card is balanced. It somehow combines an improved version of Blessing of Kings (already a reasonably strong, 4 cost class card) with summoning a 5-5 minion (~4.5 mana) and then discounts the cost. Normally combining multiple effects in a card increases the cost because of the card advantage gained, despite losing some functionality of being able to use the cards separately. It's like combining 2 fireballs to make a 12 damage spell then reducing the cost by 2 mana (contrast that to pyroblast) - if all cards were designed this way the game would be unplayable. The card is frustrating in so many ways: It's a common so most decks seem to have one. All that it takes to land it is to have one minion stick to the board (usually not difficult in arena). From turn 7 you constantly have to play around the threat of it, taking ridiculous trades and using up resources. If it does land, it's often impossible (especially given your resources in arena) to deal with the two medium/large minions it leaves. These are both threatening to your own life total, as well as one being a massive taunt to prevent you killing the opponent. It almost feels like arena runs are decided by how many bone mares you have and whether you manage to draw them. Anyway, I'm sorry for ranting on a topic that I'm sure must have come up before. I'm just really fed up of seeing this card and surely can't be the only one. It even seems to have ruined constructed - it's given any semi-aggressive to midrange deck a complete new dimension that makes (interesting) control decks nearly unplayable.Isaac3 2h
2h i can not play in the arena i can not play the arena after update, it says the cards store stops.KaRennnL0 2h
3h why do priests always get the god tier drafts i dont understand. every time i play against priests they have raza, mind control, bonemare, scalebane, shadow ascendants, nzoth (with proper deathrattle synergy ofc), and just about every other insane card you can imagine in arena. I just don't get why priests are always the ones with the really really good decks.HailFall8 3h
3h Cards that need to be removed from arena Death knight cards It's been a little bit since vicious fledgling wastoned down in appearance and now every class gets its own orange vicious fledgling with a cool battlecry. There's already another thread but apparently nobody with influence reads the forum anyway since its been like a month of this?? I've hd games with 3 drafted druid DK's, discovers from lotus agents, etc beyond even the 'normal' 1 potential dk card in a deck. Can we just get this fixed within a reasonable timeframe instead of giving the playerbase the middle finger as devs fondle each other in their cubicles?Topkek27 3h
3h why did you remove fledgling but not bonemare from arena fledgling is annoying but not as ridiculously stupid as bonemare which pretty much instantly wins games on its own. bonemare was a much bigger problemHailFall5 3h
4h ** BRUTAL LOSSES! ** Dear friends and Guests what's your MOST BRUTAL losses in arena? lol let's just set up a small comfort party and show us the brutality you face in the arena here's mine it wasn't pretty https://hsreplay.net/replay/RNRfPYQ7c6EUhLq8ueUUPiWrathblade15 4h
5h Bots in arena I'll keep it straightforward...... Arena is already in a terrible state.... It's just an extra kick in the nuts when you face obvious bots in arena. Can you do something about this, or hire some competent people who are willing to put 2 and 2 together and ban these obvious bots? (and while you're at it, make arena non-aids?) Official Blizzard Answer: No, we will not do anything about arena, because we do not care about arena in any way, shape, or form. We will continue to sit on our asses and work on our next expansion. We will keep ignoring these people who like to play arena and focus on the people who have the sanity of playing the same aids decks over and over and over and over and over again until they reach legend or uninstall the game in the process. As always, we value your opinion, thank you!WJSProwler6 5h
7h welcome to the arena first and only game today https://imgur.com/a/cy6sO https://imgur.com/a/Hh6yF I should post this as a new thread every day, just to prove what a mess this game is. Need to go on redit spread the word game is approaching 99% lucky draft This Golden warlock was going to lose, but of course he has double alt heroes, double revive his already 2 dead minons 2 times like fdskajf;alskjf;asd;klfjasd09faj;3;or43jfea;oijfa;jek;afej;lkl4ndm1n33 7h
8h Finally! My first 12 wins Feels like it’s taken an age - and if you have a look on my posts here, you’ll see I’m normally getting stomped in arena. Couple of things I noticed; I only saw one DK at 11 wins The only legendary I really saw was the linch king and he was in 4 decks in a row. I played the same person twice (11 and 12) Only saw one flappy bird So happy although I got loads of gold and a golden rare, it felt a bit underwhelminggaryfromscot3 8h
8h Yet another garbage 0-3 arena run Every match was over buy turn 2 to 7. My deck did absolutely nothing. Same as the time before, and the times before that. For months, all I see is 1 or 2 wins if I'm lucky. The Arena is a horrible experience, and is downright abusive to player morale.Spacemoss8 8h
11h Notice Regarding October Arena Rankings This year’s Hallow’s End celebration will feature Dual-class Arenas for the first time ever! We’re excited about a new format for the Arena, but we also understand that the monthly rankings are important. With that in mind, this month’s rankings will only take into account Arena runs performed until October 23rd, so please plan accordingly. Also, we’ll be posting special Dual-class Arena rankings after the Hallow’s End event meets its end!Keganbe3 11h
13h Hallow's End retiring Arena run question I was wondering if anyone would be able to help out, since I haven't been able to dig up any answers: With the new Hallow's End event right around the corner, you want to have an in-progress Arena run before the event to get those sweet double tickets. But does a 12 win run that you just haven't cashed in count as an existing run, or should you stop at 11 wins?ChipMonger2 13h
21h Question about free arena in upcoming event If you had a active arena going on, it will be retired and you get the rewards for the wins and you will be getting a free arena ticket. Will you be granted an arena ticket b/c you had an existing arena prior to the event plus the free arena ticket due to the event or are we all getting ONE free arena ticket regardless of whether you had an active arena or not? Can anyone clear this for me?SrChatto4 21h
21h We should be able to downvote Blizzard posts What is with the double standarts. Blizzard is ok with us fighting among outselfes. You know having entire forum filled with toxicity but we can't fight together agaist balancing problems. Every Blizzard posts in regards to arena deserves 1000 downvotes, can we test that. When was the last time Blizzard actually listend to the community. 3 mana Axe, 1 mana buff inervate , 4 mana Hex. I honestly would prefer if Blizzard stayed away from the identity of the classses. While Spreading Plague and UI still do not belong in the game. DK cards, Bonemare, Scalebane, Meteor. They do not belong in arena where you fight for every single stat.MadCat2 21h
1d No Legendaries in Arena I'm kind of new to the Arena but I've noticed that sometimes I get 0 legendary cards while drafting,why is that?Valek6 1d
1d Waiting out the rope is getting out of hand! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Do something about the players that rope others because they play a certain type of deck. I just went up against 5 different players who all roped me, leading to me spending 3 hours just to finish 5 different games. Not only that they are playing established OP decks! Basically being general douchebags to other players. I am so sick of this... this takes the joy out of this game! I am about to quit and take my 200 dollars a month elsewhere! I put way to much money into your game to end up having other players being douchebag to me! You are about to lose profit because you allow such a annoying feature that makes 20 minute games last for hours on end because people want to be general ***** to a player with a certain type of deck. I can't enjoy this game with players like this that are play in Arena in large numbers. If you don't know what ROPING means, I will post the definition below. Roping:A tactic used by players when they are up against decks that they do not like, so they wait out the timer which is basically 2 minutes in length. Because they do this, this can lead to a 20 minute game ending up to be a hour long or more. Solution: ADD A FREAKING REPORT BUTTON! This tactic by troll players is just as bad as team killing in FPS. Make it so they can be soft banned for 7 days, so you guys finally discourage people who do this!RedDirtGamer5 1d
1d ARENA GIVES KRIPPY APPENDICITIS I couldn't resist......... You can only eat so much salt before your appendix rebels..........DirtyHairy7 1d
1d Arena drafts make it unplayable SSIA. I get like 3-5 class cards and 25 Bull!@#$ options its so boring... wtf happened. These last 2 updates for arena are complete %^-*. Is blizzard too arrogant to admit their mistakes?Fluffhead0 1d
2d Keen to play have fun chill in arena? Dear friends and guests Join my new arena channel discuss talk play anything related to arena https://blizzard.com/invite/dxwJxirkD all welcome cheersWrathblade0 2d
2d Hallow's End Arena https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/21098847/ha-ha-happy-hallow-s-end What do you think, which two classes will work best together at the upcoming Hearthstone Halloween event?sukmalone3 2d
2d INSANE Pally draft Pretty typical draft for people, right? I was complaining about how few legendaries I get in drafts too.... https://imgur.com/a/KJEwRZapRozdower8 2d
3d Worst to First Arena can be a soul-crushing experience but I though I'd offer a glimmer of light for the nay-sayers and down-trodden. I posted part of it in another thread so I'll keep it relatively short. So, last week I had two shaman quests to clear so I did a run as shaman. Curve was fine, I had a couple board clears and some decent minions. First game was even-steven until the other guy dropped Frost Lich. You know the rest. Second game was fairly even as I kept up with a priest that was stealing tons of cards. I played a Corpse Raiser on an Earth Elemental and then Deathspeaker-ed it into the opponents big. Next play, Mind Control. A few turns later, he finished me off with a weapon he stole. Third game went down to the wire with both of us a turn away from lethal- he meteors my taunt wall and kills me. Suffice it to say I did not manage to play 30 shaman cards, let alone 50. So I buy another arena and pick shaman again because- of course it was offered. I wish it wasn't so anti-climactic but, yeah I went 12-0. It was only the second time ever for me. And the thing is that the deck wasn't all that much better than the first. So hang in there. Don't un-install. Don't rage-tweet at Ben Brode. Don't create a new thread explaining how death knights should be removed from arena (they should). Just play another game. Something good might happennogoodnik0 3d
3d Cabalist's tomb vs pyroblast Hi there, I am new player, i use mage in arena, In 3rd pick there are: Cabalist's tome vs pyroblast vs charged devilsaur (3rd pick) Should i go cabalist or pyro? I have picked servant of kalimos and medivh's valet for 1st & 2nd picked. Thanks for the insight.First5 3d
3d I thought this patch would fix arena Druids still get UI every time at every level of win/loss record Rogues still get every answer for one mana Mage still gets the exact answer at a discount from glyph Paladins still somehow get all their staple cards, bonemare, and a perfect curve, despite people saying "paladin's garbage." How many months has it been since they did any sort of patching? This arena is worse than karazhanREEEEEEEEEEE2 3d
3d Time to tweak the rewards Hi, With the new changes to pack-openings making you actually able to collect legendaries in an acceptable rate. It has, at least to me, made it more relevant than ever to make us able to pick what expansion pack we get from arena. If you do happen to collect all legendaries from a specific expansion there is little incentive nor joy to keep playing arena as the rewards arent really doing you any favours. This has been brought up before but sadly nothing have happened yet... There could be something you unlock after a certain number of runs, although that would risk it being a bit of a hidden function. I would also like to see the single card rewards coming from arena to be following the same rules that legendaries got from packs. Which would mean you get that rare/common/golden common/epic.. etc that you dont already have. After that you would eventually keep getting duplicates if you are fortunate to already have enough copies of each. This is because I would like to see a slightly better upside to the reward of arena even though it wouldnt really make the rewards in any way better. Win win :) I have by no means all cards, like most, i lack some epics. Obviously most golden commons etc.. At the same time i've gotten plenty of golden commons from arena, and sadly enough, a lot of time its been the same golden common over and over again. Ending up with me having x5 or more which is pretty dumb. Rarely even epic cards which i believe in all cases have turned out to be a duplicate sadly, which instead could have filled one of many empty slots. I hope these suggestions would get the attention they deserve.relaxmeister0 3d
3d Please Blizzard, for the 516545th time, remove the DK cards from Arena. So I've been spamming Arena since KOFT and if something is completely clear : DK does not belong there. When you face it, you are feeling completely powerless, and when you have it, you have the feeling to cheat. Just had the Frost Lich Jaina and I managed to do 12 wins pretty easily. https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/436174HearthstoneScreenshot101017040116.png Yeah, this draft was a bit crazy but I had to use Pyroblast one time and half of my opponent conceded instantly or within two turns when I played Jaina. You don't get any satisfaction from this. I felt really bad knowing that my opponent wouldn't be able to deal with all that was about to happened with the DK. One card should not be able to win the game on his own in Arena. We had to deal with the Vicious Fledging era and his drop rate was nerf because of that issue. You know you gonna have to deal with Bonemares, Vicious, Dinosize, Spikeridge, random mage spells and others powerfull minions/spells but DKs are way above that. In most cases it completely swing the balance in your favour and there is way to come back. Sure some DK are way above the other (Jaina and Guldan particulary) but you can't remove two or three of them and leave the rest. Forums, Reddit, streamers have all complained about this issue (Kripp has done 3 videos on this topic, here the last one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGAyQo4E8Ps), it may be time to do something about it.PaulBoutique20 3d
3d Petition, sign here We're all sick of the RNG right, the bull!@#$ pulls and the Death Knights in arena. People discovering cards out of their class and removing your board, people playing six of one card. What exactly is the skill required to play Arena? The truth is, zero. Another truth is, that while you guys continue to complain, you still choose the death knights, you choose six of one card, you choose to spam emotes and rope, you choose to BM, you choose these cards yet complain about them. I sacrifice my soul to Moloch, the pagan god of child sacrifice, to curse everyone who read any word in this post to have their children (and future children) die early deaths or be born with a painful disfiguration.uglychinese0 3d
3d Episode 7: Team Arena otbdave + bluebrutus Our seventh weekly team arena run is going live now. Two legend constructed players talking through an arena draft and run. https://www.twitch.tv/otbdave Our runs so far: 1 win 7 wins 5 wins 2 wins 8 wins 7 wins Appreciate views and follows, I will also return follows for other streamers!otbdave3 3d
3d WILD cards in STANDARD Arena If Arena is standard, why am I still playing against people with Wild cards in their decks? This is getting downright ridiculous. Taking losses for no reason. When Blizzard made the format Standard, all the people with wild decks should have been forced to retire with some compensation.XAgentxBlueX12 3d
3d Yogg not in Arena. On reddit a Hearthstone stone dev acted like Yogg not being in Arena was an unknown mistake/bug/whatever. So when is it being fixed?AWMstar3 3d
3d Rogue Arena with SEVEN epics! (help plz) This arena is in preparation for the upcoming auto-retire later this month, so ill stop at 2 losses no matter my score. Thoughts? Here is the list: 1x Preparation 1x Acherus Veteran 1x Glacial Shard 1x Halluction 1x Mistress of Mixtures 2x Jade Swarmer 1x Sap 1x Stubborn Gastropod 2x Twisted Worgen 1x Blood Kniht 1x Fan of Knives 1x Fel Orc Soulfiend 1x Plague Scientist 1x Shadowblade 1x Zoobot 1x Bright-Eyed Scout 1x Cult Master 1x Defender of Argus 1x Saronite Chain Gang 1x Southsea Squidface 1x Bone Baron 1x Corrupted Healbot 1x Darkscale Healer 1x Stampeding Kodo 1x Vilespine Slayer 1x Corrupted Seer 1x Defias Cleaner 1x Sea GiantDeadTrooper0 3d
3d Things i love about this patch! If you have an Arena run active on October 24, it will be retired. You will receive rewards for the current wins achieved and a free arena ticket. NO MORE WILD DECKS! NO MORE SYNERGY PICKS! what else you guys love about the new patch!?Wrathblade5 3d
3d C'thun Card should be removed from Rewards These cards are removed from the Arena Pool what use are golden copies of these cards to a primarily Arena Player. Basically I got screwed out of a 12 win run with Rewards of 210 gold and 2 golden Rare C'thun Cards.Shuyin1 3d
3d October patch and free arena tickets Hi, I have a question about the free arena tickets starting 24th of October. If I have a running Arena on the 24th of October, it will get closed, I'll get the rewards for that Arena session and a free arena ticket. Is that an additional ticket to the ticket received for logging in daily? In other words, if I log in on the 24th of October and I had a running Arena session, will I get two free arena tickets or just one? Thanks!Crótach3 3d
4d Why are DK's still in arena? SSIAFluffhead2 4d
4d Another "Patch" So why is it that everytime blizztard makes a new patch, more bugs than fixes follow? Jesus christ nubs, pull your sh#t together man! I've been playing blizzard games for 20 years now, and i've never ever seen them be so careless and really really bad at making a game.... Ben Brode, please find something else to do, you lost your touch.....Martin091 4d
4d Druid Rogue or Paldin Help pleaseFireStone0 4d
4d Arena wins counting for Golden Portrait When will we finally get it ? I think I am not the only "arena exclusive" player here. We all want that our wins count in the 500 wins to have a golden Hero. I have almost 7000 wins in arena, for 3000 in ladder. I don't play ladder anymore since I think It's annoying facing the same three decks for days and days. Why are we penalized for that ? We need a reward too for our fidelity to the game. Could you answer to this question please, blues ? Give us golden heros with retroactivity on games won !funk1 4d
4d Vicious Fledgling is banned from Arena And synergy picks have been removed as well :)Almaterrador5 4d
4d Does arena have some kind of invisible rank? I'm not complaining, but I am just wondering if arena finds your oponents based on previous arena runs. I'm spending all my gold on arena runs and I've encountered strange thing. After getting like 8+ win arena run, other arena runs tend to be more difficult and I'm having a really hard time with my opponents. Then after about 3 arena runs which end up in disaster, I am finally able to shine again. I don't think it has something to do with my deck. Is it just bad luck or does arena finds more experienced players based on your previous performance? And also, why does every 1st arena pick consists of the same rare cards every time? (Or like from a pool of 6 same rare cards)Matixed6 4d
4d Please remove synergy picks I just want to put in my voice that the synergy picks are so painful for arena. Just lost to 3 straight Kazkus decks, been offered Gadgetzan Auctioneer more times than I can count, for some reason 2 classes have a substantially higher chance to hit their DK, and it's just so unfun. It's funny to watch but it's so dumb to play. Please just go back to normal Blizzard. Thanks.marlow8 4d
5d what are the best classes what are the best classes for arena this expansionHailFall5 5d
5d Is this the real ''K3nny'' or not? Hello! I'm new to game but have been playing ALOT the last month. I was doing a arena vs a guy named K3nny and i thought he was playing really good. After the match i googled his name and heartstone afterwards and find some videos with that name. Is it possible that i just beat this guy or is he just using a fake nick? Here is the video of the match. https://hsreplay.net/replay/af8jVTceSMvDeRoG5EZauXEddiemeduza2 5d
5d playing your first arena game in 2 weeks. The first opponent I play is a priest and then plays Raza..and more crap that puts me at a unfair advantage and plays more more legendaries which then turns the tides of this dumb match. Jesus christ blizzard fix your god damn game with this unfair advantage I keep being put up against these type of players 95% against of the time when it's suppose to be 5%.Takaido4 5d
5d Arena isn't balanced... Because we all don't get 12 wins every other run :(CaptSchwann4 5d