Mac Technical Support

3d macOS 10.12.6 Available Hey all, This OS update from Apple includes updates to improve the security, stability, and compatibility. List of what this update includes can be found here. This update can be applied through the App Store: 1. Launch the App Store from your dock, or by clicking the Apple menu and selecting App Store. 2. Select the Updates tab. 3. Click Update next to macOS 10.12.6 Your Mac will begin installing the update, and will restart once the download has completed. You can also download directly through Apple's Support Site, or by performing a Combo Update.Eloemaz0 3d
Sep 5, 2013 Welcome to Hearthstone Mac Technical Support! Welcome to the Hearthstone Mac Technical Support forum. This forum’s purpose is to assist in identifying and troubleshooting technical issues that may arise while using a Macintosh computer. Posters in this forum will be held to our forum Code of Conduct – please take some time to read it before posting.Aratil0 Sep 5, 2013
Apr 9, 2014 Bugs and Gameplay Feedback To make sure that all relevant Hearthstone issues are addressed by the correct team, we're asking that all bug reports are posted on our Bug Report Forums. You can find these forums here: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/10591462/ For Suggestions related to Hearthstone, such as improvements or general ideas, please don't hesitate to let us know on our General Discussion forum. You can find this forum here: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/12492997/ If it's a technical issue, like you're unable to install or patch the game, or you're experiencing graphical or connection issues, please post them here on the Technical Support forum and we'll help out. ______________________________ Technical Support: Monday - Friday, 12pm - 9pm Pacific Time How am I doing? // https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Glaxigrav \\Glaxigrav0 Apr 9, 2014
6d Common Connection and Latency Issues Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpDrakuloth3 6d
Jul 19 Hearthstone crashes with rainbow graphics We're currently aware of a long-standing bug where players will see rainbow-style graphics in their game prior to it crashing out. Our Quality Assurance teams haven't been able to successfully reproduce this 100% of the time, which makes it difficult to fix. We're asking users that experience this issue to provide us with some additional information to help us in reproducing and resolving the issue: 1. What were you doing prior to the crash? How long were you playing for? 2. Is there any steps you can do that will consistently reproduce the crash? 3. Please copy/paste the contents of your player.log file and post them in this thread! Player.log can be found in ~/Library/Logs/Unity/. We're also looking for system information: 1. Click on the Apple Menu while holding down the Option key and select System Profiler (10.6.8) / System Information (10.7 and later). 2. Copy the information from the following sections and paste them into your post. Please copy in the following order: Hardware Overview, Graphics, and Software. Do not include any serial numbers, hardware UUIDs, or account/login names or information in your post. Please post the information in this thread for our Development team, and we'll provide an update as soon as we have new information! Thank you!Glaxigrav506 Jul 19
May 19, 2016 Mac OS Sierra 10.12 Now Available Apple has released their newest OS Update, 10.12. Patch notes for this release can be found on Apple's website. Both for system security and game performance, we recommend keeping your Operating System up to date, especially those using Intel GPUs.Glaxigrav0 May 19, 2016
Apr 27, 2016 Whispers of the Old Gods Launch - Known Issue Greetings, adventurers! We're currently tracking several known issues that may affect your gameplay. In addition to Known Bugs from our Bug Report Forums, keep an eye out for these troublesome tech issues below: Unable to Log In or In-Game Lag [Update - 9:45pm PDT (4/26)]: Our engineers have worked to improve login quality throughout the day, and we are currently seeing vast improvements on login successes. We are still aware of some in-game latency when performing certain actions outside of a match (accessing Play and Solo Adventures, editing decks, viewing your Collection, etc), but gameplay within a match has also greatly recovered. We will continue to monitor performance and stability as more players log in to explore the new content and claim their Whispers of the Old Gods card packs. ----- Players attempting to log into Hearthstone may experience a Playful Sprites error, or Waiting for a Table messaging. Our engineers are working on improving the login experience, but in the meantime closing the client and attempting to log back in repeatedly should allow you to enter the game. We understand the frustration this is causing, and hope to have this resolved as quickly as possible. We'll provide an update in this thread as work continues. Opening the Friend's List on Mac Causes a Crash This issue is not affecting all Mac users, however select machines are experiencing an issue opening the Friends List resulting in a crash. Our Hearthstone Mac Team is aware and working on a resolution. Hearthstone on iOS Crashing While Opening Packs Players on an iOS device (iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc) may experience a crash when opening card packs. If you disconnect or crash while opening cards, these cards are automatically added to your Collection and are not lost. We do sincerely apologize for the confusion this causes when reviewing your Collection, and are working on a resolution. In the meantime, players with alternative platforms (PC/Android) can open cards on these devices without worry. If you still are unable to see certain cards, make sure to sort/filter your Collection by Wild format. Filtering by Standard will hide all cards not currently part of Year of the Kraken. C'Thun and Beckoner of Evil Are Not Available After Login Some players may find that after logging in they have not been awarded C'Thun or the Beckoner of Evil cards. Exiting the game and logging back in will grant them to your account - while you may not see a toast notification after logging in, these cards should be present in your Collection. Did Not Receive 3 Free Packs After Logging In In order for players to receive their 3 free Whispers of the Old Gods packs for logging in, they must first complete The Duelist quest. The Duelist is available after completing the Tutorial, and is accomplished by playing 3 games in Play mode. Old Murk-Eye and Captain's Parrot Not Awarded We will be re-enabling the Quests to acquire Old Murk-Eye and Captain’s Parrot starting with the launch of Whispers of the Old Gods in your region. These Quests will be re-enabled until Sunday, May 1 at 11:59 PM PDT. We expect this to be a one-time only extension for these quests as part of our rollout of the standard and wild formats. If you have met the requirements to acquire Old-Murk Eye and/or Captain’s Parrot and have not yet received your reward, please re-log into Hearthstone after Whispers of the Old Gods goes live in your region to receive them. After the official release of Whispers of the Old Gods, Captain’s Parrot and Old Murk-Eye will only be available through crafting. Please note that since we’re re-enabling the quest, our Support team will no longer be assisting with this, and there is thus no need for you to submit additional Support requests regarding these cards.Glaxigrav1 Apr 27, 2016
Apr 22, 2014 Hearthstone iPad Support Hey all! Due to the controlled nature of Apple's iOS setup, Blizzard Entertainment is limited on what troubleshooting assistance we can provide in regards to app support. Please see below for some frequently asked questions as well as troubleshooting steps if you find yourself encountering any issues. As always, we invite you to report mobile-device specific bugs in our Mobile Bug Report Forum! Shared Progress Your Hearthstone progress is shared across any device where you log in using your Battle.net Account. This includes achievements, gold, custom decks, card collections, and arena progress. Global Play Just like the computer client, the iPad client can connect to any of our available game regions, including the Americas, Europe, and Asia. You can learn more about Hearthstone's Global Play feature here. Should you not see your shared game data after logging in, check to ensure you are connected to the proper region (selectable from the login screen of the Hearthstone App) and that you are using the same Battle.net Account as the one logged into your computer.Glaxigrav1 Apr 22, 2014
Apr 9, 2014 Common Payment and Technical Isssues If you experience errors or issues when you try to buy cards, please follow these steps from our Hearthstone Shop support article to try and resolve the issue. 1. Check your primary payment method. Make sure that it’s valid, not expired, and that all associated information is correct. 2. Check with your bank or payment provider to be sure that they are not declining the transaction. They may also have fraud-prevention measures that detect suspicious transactions, so be sure to check even in the event that you have sufficient funds! 3. If you prefer to use Battle.net Balance, make sure that you have enough. Remember that it can take up to three days for the balance to be credited to your account. To learn more about Battle.net Balance, please check out our Battle.net Balance FAQ. Please also, while making purchases in Hearthstone, bear in mind our Hearthstone Refund and Restoration Policy. Error 10200249 - Unable to make purchases If you are receiving this error when attempting to make purchases inside Hearthstone, it means that Parental Controls are enabled on the account. If you find yourself receiving this error, you will need to place a tick next to the Allow In-Game Purchases option in the Parental Controls management screen. Afterward, you can optionally remove the parental controls entirely. Should you not have Parental Controls on your account but are still seeing this error, please contact Customer Support for assistance. ______________________________ Technical Support: Monday - Friday, 12pm - 9pm Pacific Time How am I doing?Glaxigrav1 Apr 9, 2014
Apr 9, 2014 How to Report Hacks/Exploits/Cheating As per the Forums Code of Conduct, under no circumstances should a hack or exploit be reported on the public forums. Because of the sensitive nature of hacks/exploits, posting on forums only ensures that other people are going to attempt to use them. Any poster who breaks this rule will have their thread deleted immediately and may receive further action, such as a restriction in posting privileges. If you find an exploit or think someone is hacking into the game, please send a detailed e-mail to hacks@blizzard.com. We thank you in advance for your reports. Reporting these issues is incredibly important, but at the same time please remember to report them through the secure channels. ______________________________ Technical Support: Monday - Friday, 12pm - 9pm Pacific Time How am I doing? // https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Glaxigrav \\Glaxigrav0 Apr 9, 2014
2d Game stuck on "Game is Running". I got the rainbow glitch and now I can't play the game. I force quit the hearthstone app like I usually do when I get the rainbow glitch. Battle.net now thinks it's running when it's not. I can't uninstall through normal methods either. Options -> Uninstall Game is blanked out as if the game were running. Macbook Air early 2014 2-3 hours in gameplay and I always get the rainbow glitch around 2-3 hours inkiloechoesp12 2d
3d Graphics glitch issue So I've been having a lot of trouble with Hearthstone lately, but MOST frustrating is a graphics glitch where a static-y looking mess appears above the hero portraits when some spells are cast. It's frequent and very bothersome - any thoughts on what's causing it or how to fix it?EveryHand4 3d
6d over 90% of CPU when heartstone is open. since the last uptade my macbook pro retina uses the fans all the time and 95% of the %CPU.raimundo050531 6d
Jul 20 MBP 15.4" Choppy gameplay. Hello I just purchased a new macbook pro and the first thing i did was was install Hearthstone. Unfortunately I seem to be having an issue with the game feeling choppy when cards are being played, or anything with an animation. It feels like there is a slight lag. I have been reading about the resolution issues and I think this is the problem I am experiencing. My laptop's native resolution is 2880x1800 and in game I only have the option for 1920x1200. I have been messing with the laptops resolution and followed the instructions about selecting "scaled" and then "more space" but these seems to make the problem even more noticeable. What can I do to make the game run smoothly? It's driving me insane.SodamInsane1 Jul 20
Jul 20 Menubar missing in windowed mode I am playing Hearthstone in windowed mode and since patch 8.4 the menubar automatically hides as soon as i switch to another program and then back to hearthstone. This is what it usually looks like: https://i.imgur.com/LNHWXNx.png And this is after the described switching: https://i.imgur.com/MsP85Ji.png Having the menubar always visible is actually part of the reason that I play in windowed mode and this new behavior is really irritating. macOS Sierra (10.12.5) MacBook Pro (Retina, 13 inch, late 2013) 2,6 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Intel Iris 1536 MBGrayF0x7 Jul 20
Jul 16 playing now error it says its playing now but isnt playing the game. i restarted and rebooted several times . still stuckWaleed4 Jul 16
Jul 13 Create/Edit deck crash (sorry if this is a duplicate topic, the previous time i clicked create didn't seem to create a new topic) I've run into a problem that the Mac clients seems to have had long ago. My game crashes whenever i go to create or edit a deck. I was even able to use the workaround of picking the cardbacks first and then switching to the cards tab so this seems to be exactly the same problem that people were reporting 2 years ago. i was able to play and build a deck earlier today, then i had to reboot the laptop (for the first time in about 2 weeks) and that's when the problems started. i've completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game yet the problem persists! Help! my system is: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB running Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73)buddhapest1 Jul 13
Jul 13 Overheats and forces laptop to sleep As title. When I play Hearthstone for extended periods it forces my Laptop into sleep mode to preserve its components from heat damage. The laptop gets very hot when running Hearthstone, to the point it's uncomfortable to touch the casing. Some points: Macbook Pro running under Windows Bootcamp - Windows 7 Ultimate (HD6750M (1G), 8G Ram, Quad i7 2.2) Hearthstone runs perfectly on highest settings (as it should), tuning down quality makes the game extremely choppy (almost unplayable) and isn't a solution to overheating Fans running on max speed - manual setting Overheats plugged in and when running off battery Any suggestions? All other games are fine, the only other time the laptop has overheated on a regular basis was with DayZ mod and that was a few years ago now.SirDigby9 Jul 13
Jul 12 Waiting on another installation or update bug Hello, I have been trying to start hearthstone on my computer for the past three days, but it will not even let me play it as it says 'waiting for another installation or update' and there are no other updates or installations currently running. It has been the same message for three days, it works absolutely fine on my Iphone yet not on my laptop. Can anyone give me some way to deal with this please. CheersTRIPPINBALLS1 Jul 12
Jul 11 resolution on mac broken again since of todays patch (caverns below nerf). gotta reselect the resolution every single time after launching again or it looks stretched.cycledance2 Jul 11
Jul 11 Menu bar gone during HS Hi. After today's patch, when I launch HS after opening battlenet, the toolbar disappears. I can mouse up and then the toolbar drops down and all menu items are usable. However, the moment I click back into the game, the tool bar is gone again. I have re-booted twice after the patch just in case: Mac (mid 2012) OS X v 10.11.5 I realize it's sort of silly, but I actually pay attention to it because the clock is there... edit: spellingWotan23 Jul 11
Jul 7 Amazon coins for this pre-purchase? Can you use amazon coins for this pre-purchase? I am not seeing the packs offered (says Un'goro is latest release) on my phone. Any suggestions?Geralt0 Jul 7
Jul 5 Hearthstone on ios 11? So I just got ios 11 and for some reason my hearthstone won’t open at all. Anybody else experiencing similar problems?Moriarty3 Jul 5
Jul 3 4k resolution for mac OS X available? i have a mac pro plus 4k lg monitor, but cannot set the resolution higher than hd resolution in options in hearthstone. i can only play d3 and sc2 in 4k resolution. anyone can help me with that?Tinderstick2 Jul 3
Jun 30 Info Bubble of Infinite Annoyance So here is the fly in my ointment, the pebble in my shoe, the pea under my mattress: http://da-vos.deviantart.com/art/Help-689177245 And here are my specs: http://da-vos.deviantart.com/art/Help-689177434 Now that little guy has been sitting there since I installed the game and refuses to be interacted with! This is only a minor annoyance while viewing the cards... but it blocks out the majority of the card cost summary info, making it a little difficult to get that overview of my deck. Any thoughts? Advice? Pity? I'll take what I can get...DaVos2 Jun 30
Jun 24 Mac cursor size too big Hey blizzard, im sure alot of people have already wanted this change for quite some time now but i guess i will say it again. If you are listening then we would really appreciate if you guys would maybe reduce the cursor size of hearthstone for mac users to the same size as windows users because we find it uncomfortable with the cursor size for mac as of right now. Thanks for hearing me out BlizzardRusticRuseV20 Jun 24
Jun 22 Game would not remember window setting I always play in Full Screen but every time I launch the game, it's in window mode. It does not remember my setting. Anyone else having this issue on Mac?Fifty9XdPain1 Jun 22
Jun 19 Server crashes again on mac Ok.. So again I was in a winning position playing a game in standard. A long slow mage quest against a jade druid and the final position before i lost control of the game was when I just used my "time warp" turn and was about to wait the turn after the opponent pops my ice block BUT NOOOOOO- the game stops right there. And that wasn't the first time. this was about the fifth time that this has happened and I'm started to get pretty annoyed by this. so please fix the !@#$ing servers or I quit playing the game FOREVER.Unstable0 Jun 19
Jun 12 Low App Resolution I just bought the brand new 2017 MacBook. I'm surprised at the lack of quality for the Hearthstone app on macOS compared to Windows. The highest resolution is goes up to is 1280x800. My MacBook display runs natively at 2304x1440! Is this something the Hearthstone team is working on upgrading?offdayjb1 Jun 12
Jun 8 Apple to Phase Out 32-Bit Mac Apps https://www.macrumors.com/2017/06/06/apple-to-phase-out-32-bit-mac-apps/ Does this mean we will get a 64 bit version of Hearthstone soon for Mac and iOS?Kakaratto1 Jun 8
Jun 8 Can't start game on EU from NA on iPhone Hi, so I've had this particular problem since the launch of Un'goro. I've posted this problem a month ago on the mobile forum but no response still. I live in North America, but I play mostly on the Europe side. Whenever I try to play any game on mobile data (ranked, solo, arena, tavern brawl), I get the 'Unable to start a game'. I have other mobile apps that use data and they work perfectly fine. Now, whenever I play over Wi-Fi, it works, but whenever it is over data, it's unable to start a game. I'm able to open and buy packs, but can't play. I would just like a response. And please, don't tell me to post this on the Mobile Forum, it's been there: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20754175418?page=1#post-2SleepyShaman0 Jun 8
Jun 8 Purpose of Hearthstone Beta Launcher? Hi, Blizzard has three apps on my Mac. 1. Battle.net app 2. Hearthstone app 3. Hearthstone Beta Launcher What is the purpose of the Hearthstone Beta Launcher? I run the latest Hearthstone version, not a beta. May I delete it? I have put screenshot of the three apps on imgur (I couldn't find a way to add an image here): http://imgur.com/1337Nr0.jpg Thank you in advance.CoffeeFreak1 Jun 8
Jun 7 Macbook heat up with Battle.net launcher open Hey guys, My Macbook Pro 2014 starts to heat up when Battle.net launcher is open, please fix this issue, the app is eating CPU and the fans are running like hell. ThanksFuriel2 Jun 7
Jun 1 they finally fixed blurriness on mac with todays patch. only took them almost 2 years!cycledance0 Jun 1
Jun 1 Strange mouse button behavior I started noticing an odd behavior with both my mouse and trackpad on my MacBook pro (2016 with touchebar) on hearthstone. when I move the cursor over a card or action button (like end turn) the hover over text shows up but if I click nothing happens the first time. I always seem to need to click twice, but yet is i hover over an actionable item -- move off and then back over the first click activates the action (like play a card or end a turn). This seems to be a new issue in the last few days, but its difficult to pinpoint exactly wen it started. I do not see this behavior outside of hearthstone.aardvark1020 Jun 1
Jun 1 Stuck reconnecting I have been having the "You were disconnected from your last game. Reconnecting..." error for about two weeks now. Regions other than Americas work. I have tried playing games in other regions, resetting settings to defaults, and reinstalling. All still present me with the error when attempting to launch the game in the Americas. The last game I played was adventure, and my battery died during the match.Steve1 Jun 1
May 30 Hearthstone on Mac blurry for everyone Everyone i've talked to has this on mac since the switch to unity 5. it's a fixable bug but blizzard won't acknowledge or fix it. (like almost all mac bugs) how to fix it yourself: after the game starts go to settings and select and choose the already set resolution. you have to do this every time you start hearthstone. the difference: http://imgur.com/mn7UQE2 (click on the picture to see it in 100% size)cycledance17 May 30
May 30 Hearthstone doesn't load. Hello all, When I start my hearthstone it just stops and does this. (pic below) https://gyazo.com/b2c809ffecd7b23a0394c5c1cbdacbd6 I've restarted battle.net and Hearthstone. Restarted my mac, nothing works. Hoping anyone has a solution? Thanks.Randompieguy1 May 30
May 28 Alt+Tab/Command+Tab I cannot seem in any way to minimize by any means any Blizzard games. I personally really enjoy games such as Hearthstone and Heroes and want to be able to use discord in the background and chat with my friends. If I cannot either minimize or put any of these games in windowed mode, I would not be able to chat with friends. If you provide a solution that would be greatly appreciated.PFVN2 May 28
May 24 Unable to log in to EU servers only I can connect and play on all servers, but trying to access "European" servers, both during Battle.net login and trying to start Hearthstone in Europe ships the client/game in a loop of eternal connecting/loading screenbatterio0 May 24
May 22 iPhone lag issue For the last few days I've been experiencing lag and disconnections on iOS. I have a 7 and there are no updates to iOS or hearthstone. Every action I take the game needs to think extra hard before it lets it happen. I've lost at least one ranked game because of this. I also frequently disconnect. I would also like to say that your GMs are unable to help me every single time I contact support. There is always some reason why they are unable to resolve an issue. Instead of taking responsibility when something goes wrong, it's just out of your hands, so there is nothing you guys about it. Customer service like this is how you lose business. If there is an issue I'm experiencing in one of your games, and you can't fix it, I need to be compensated. That's how every other place works. That how it works at my job! There will not be another time I go 'oh ok, I guess Blizzard doesn't have the means to correct this situation or even make me feel better about it'. I'll just stop spending money on your games. Also, my last post just disappeared for no reason. So maybe look into that too please. Thanks.Nosbor2 May 22
May 20 Can't Install Battlenet on Mac Hi all, I had uninstalled the Battlenet launcher last November 2016. I recently decided to get back in, but the Battlenet launcher never finishes. It stays at about 50% "Updating Blizzard Agent" and then gives me the following code: BLZBNTBTS0000005D I've followed all the steps Blizzard provided with that particular code. I've deleted old files and restarted my computer and nothing works. I've dropped any and all firewalls and I've run out of ideas. I use iOS 10.12.3, intel Core i7. I used to play Blizzard games with no issues so I know my laptop can handle it. Any help would be great! Thanks!MoreCoffee1 May 20
May 20 The game crashed. the game crashed. the crash report folder named "2017-05-12_200116" next to game executable. it would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!Kekus1 May 20
May 15 Hearthstone for Mac is so broken There wasn't a single time I enjoyed playing the game without having difficulties. Every single time there are 2 main problems occuring during the match: 1. The game shuts down for itself. For no reason! ... 2. The most IMPORTANT Problem. Have been happening for the whole time i'm playing the game, since season 1. ...DatRogueDude4 May 15
May 14 blizzard app & game crash when broadcasting experiencing issues when I run broadcasting programs such as OBS and gameshow, anyone else?DxP0 May 14
May 12 Hearthstone client prevents Screen Saver Every time I leave Hearthstone open on my Mac, it prevents my Mac to start the Screen Saver after 5 minutes. Any other applications, such as Spotify, Adobe Muse, FCPX, the Screen Saver starts. Except when Hearthstone is open, even when it disconnects. After I close it, it resolves the problem. Any suggestions?xynlovesit3 May 12
May 9 Game freezing after mulligan I can't move past the animation that happens after the mulligan. If I get the coin it happens when my cards go to my hand and then the coin tries to add. If i am going first (no coin) it just happens when my cards animate into my hand. I am running a Mac Book Pro w/ OSX v. 10.9.5 It basically freezes and I get the beach ball until eventually I have to force quit the app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same thing. Any thoughts? Thanks!Jdizzy112 May 9
May 7 5k Resolution Any word on if or when hearthstone will be available in 5K on mac? I have this pretty screen and I'd like the game to look pretty on it! Just curious.Cru334 May 7
May 7 Make a MUTE button in options! It's disgusting how many players you have trolling! The emotes are not being used for their intended purpose. Everyone who spams is a troll. Everyone who top decks and then ropes you and plays one card while saying "hello" or "wow" is a god damn troll. The people who want to keep the emotes are the people who get a high out being a nuisance. Let the trolls keep trolling and let the people who like to play cards without being spammed to death every game so they have to "squelch" people anyways have a permanent mute button. Its a win win situation for everyone!!!!! The trolls will spam away and they will never know their efforts to be scum are completely ignored before the game even starts, and people like me can enjoy a good game of cards, still with the occasional roping troll.Ninjasmack3 May 7
May 5 Hearthstone will not install. Hearthstone is unable to install on my iMac. Every time I try to install, it says "We're having a problem transferring data Please check your internet connection just in case and try again." I don't know how to fix it, and I want to know how to fix it.WilRoth0 May 5