Mac Technical Support

Mar 28 macOS 10.12.4 Available Hey all, This OS update from Apple includes updates to improve stability, compatibility and security. List of what this update includes can be found here. This update can be applied through the App Store: 1. Launch the App Store from your dock, or by clicking the Apple menu and selecting App Store. 2. Select the Updates tab. 3. Click Update next to macOS 10.12.4 Update 10.12.4 Your Mac will begin installing the update, and will restart once the download has completed. You can also download directly through Apple's Support Site, or by performing a Combo Update.Eloemaz0 Mar 28
Sep 5, 2013 Welcome to Hearthstone Mac Technical Support! Welcome to the Hearthstone Mac Technical Support forum. This forum’s purpose is to assist in identifying and troubleshooting technical issues that may arise while using a Macintosh computer. Posters in this forum will be held to our forum Code of Conduct – please take some time to read it before posting.Aratil0 Sep 5, 2013
Apr 9, 2014 Bugs and Gameplay Feedback To make sure that all relevant Hearthstone issues are addressed by the correct team, we're asking that all bug reports are posted on our Bug Report Forums. You can find these forums here: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/10591462/ For Suggestions related to Hearthstone, such as improvements or general ideas, please don't hesitate to let us know on our General Discussion forum. You can find this forum here: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/12492997/ If it's a technical issue, like you're unable to install or patch the game, or you're experiencing graphical or connection issues, please post them here on the Technical Support forum and we'll help out. ______________________________ Technical Support: Monday - Friday, 12pm - 9pm Pacific Time How am I doing? // https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Glaxigrav \\Glaxigrav0 Apr 9, 2014
1h Hearthstone crashes with rainbow graphics We're currently aware of a long-standing bug where players will see rainbow-style graphics in their game prior to it crashing out. Our Quality Assurance teams haven't been able to successfully reproduce this 100% of the time, which makes it difficult to fix. We're asking users that experience this issue to provide us with some additional information to help us in reproducing and resolving the issue: 1. What were you doing prior to the crash? How long were you playing for? 2. Is there any steps you can do that will consistently reproduce the crash? 3. Please copy/paste the contents of your player.log file and post them in this thread! Player.log can be found in ~/Library/Logs/Unity/. We're also looking for system information: 1. Click on the Apple Menu while holding down the Option key and select System Profiler (10.6.8) / System Information (10.7 and later). 2. Copy the information from the following sections and paste them into your post. Please copy in the following order: Hardware Overview, Graphics, and Software. Do not include any serial numbers, hardware UUIDs, or account/login names or information in your post. Please post the information in this thread for our Development team, and we'll provide an update as soon as we have new information! Thank you!Glaxigrav467 1h
May 19 Mac OS Sierra 10.12 Now Available Apple has released their newest OS Update, 10.12. Patch notes for this release can be found on Apple's website. Both for system security and game performance, we recommend keeping your Operating System up to date, especially those using Intel GPUs.Glaxigrav0 May 19
Apr 27 Whispers of the Old Gods Launch - Known Issue Greetings, adventurers! We're currently tracking several known issues that may affect your gameplay. In addition to Known Bugs from our Bug Report Forums, keep an eye out for these troublesome tech issues below: Unable to Log In or In-Game Lag [Update - 9:45pm PDT (4/26)]: Our engineers have worked to improve login quality throughout the day, and we are currently seeing vast improvements on login successes. We are still aware of some in-game latency when performing certain actions outside of a match (accessing Play and Solo Adventures, editing decks, viewing your Collection, etc), but gameplay within a match has also greatly recovered. We will continue to monitor performance and stability as more players log in to explore the new content and claim their Whispers of the Old Gods card packs. ----- Players attempting to log into Hearthstone may experience a Playful Sprites error, or Waiting for a Table messaging. Our engineers are working on improving the login experience, but in the meantime closing the client and attempting to log back in repeatedly should allow you to enter the game. We understand the frustration this is causing, and hope to have this resolved as quickly as possible. We'll provide an update in this thread as work continues. Opening the Friend's List on Mac Causes a Crash This issue is not affecting all Mac users, however select machines are experiencing an issue opening the Friends List resulting in a crash. Our Hearthstone Mac Team is aware and working on a resolution. Hearthstone on iOS Crashing While Opening Packs Players on an iOS device (iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc) may experience a crash when opening card packs. If you disconnect or crash while opening cards, these cards are automatically added to your Collection and are not lost. We do sincerely apologize for the confusion this causes when reviewing your Collection, and are working on a resolution. In the meantime, players with alternative platforms (PC/Android) can open cards on these devices without worry. If you still are unable to see certain cards, make sure to sort/filter your Collection by Wild format. Filtering by Standard will hide all cards not currently part of Year of the Kraken. C'Thun and Beckoner of Evil Are Not Available After Login Some players may find that after logging in they have not been awarded C'Thun or the Beckoner of Evil cards. Exiting the game and logging back in will grant them to your account - while you may not see a toast notification after logging in, these cards should be present in your Collection. Did Not Receive 3 Free Packs After Logging In In order for players to receive their 3 free Whispers of the Old Gods packs for logging in, they must first complete The Duelist quest. The Duelist is available after completing the Tutorial, and is accomplished by playing 3 games in Play mode. Old Murk-Eye and Captain's Parrot Not Awarded We will be re-enabling the Quests to acquire Old Murk-Eye and Captain’s Parrot starting with the launch of Whispers of the Old Gods in your region. These Quests will be re-enabled until Sunday, May 1 at 11:59 PM PDT. We expect this to be a one-time only extension for these quests as part of our rollout of the standard and wild formats. If you have met the requirements to acquire Old-Murk Eye and/or Captain’s Parrot and have not yet received your reward, please re-log into Hearthstone after Whispers of the Old Gods goes live in your region to receive them. After the official release of Whispers of the Old Gods, Captain’s Parrot and Old Murk-Eye will only be available through crafting. Please note that since we’re re-enabling the quest, our Support team will no longer be assisting with this, and there is thus no need for you to submit additional Support requests regarding these cards.Glaxigrav1 Apr 27
Apr 22, 2014 Hearthstone iPad Support Hey all! Due to the controlled nature of Apple's iOS setup, Blizzard Entertainment is limited on what troubleshooting assistance we can provide in regards to app support. Please see below for some frequently asked questions as well as troubleshooting steps if you find yourself encountering any issues. As always, we invite you to report mobile-device specific bugs in our Mobile Bug Report Forum! Shared Progress Your Hearthstone progress is shared across any device where you log in using your Battle.net Account. This includes achievements, gold, custom decks, card collections, and arena progress. Global Play Just like the computer client, the iPad client can connect to any of our available game regions, including the Americas, Europe, and Asia. You can learn more about Hearthstone's Global Play feature here. Should you not see your shared game data after logging in, check to ensure you are connected to the proper region (selectable from the login screen of the Hearthstone App) and that you are using the same Battle.net Account as the one logged into your computer.Glaxigrav1 Apr 22, 2014
Apr 9, 2014 Common Payment and Technical Isssues If you experience errors or issues when you try to buy cards, please follow these steps from our Hearthstone Shop support article to try and resolve the issue. 1. Check your primary payment method. Make sure that it’s valid, not expired, and that all associated information is correct. 2. Check with your bank or payment provider to be sure that they are not declining the transaction. They may also have fraud-prevention measures that detect suspicious transactions, so be sure to check even in the event that you have sufficient funds! 3. If you prefer to use Battle.net Balance, make sure that you have enough. Remember that it can take up to three days for the balance to be credited to your account. To learn more about Battle.net Balance, please check out our Battle.net Balance FAQ. Please also, while making purchases in Hearthstone, bear in mind our Hearthstone Refund and Restoration Policy. Error 10200249 - Unable to make purchases If you are receiving this error when attempting to make purchases inside Hearthstone, it means that Parental Controls are enabled on the account. If you find yourself receiving this error, you will need to place a tick next to the Allow In-Game Purchases option in the Parental Controls management screen. Afterward, you can optionally remove the parental controls entirely. Should you not have Parental Controls on your account but are still seeing this error, please contact Customer Support for assistance. ______________________________ Technical Support: Monday - Friday, 12pm - 9pm Pacific Time How am I doing?Glaxigrav1 Apr 9, 2014
Apr 9, 2014 How to Report Hacks/Exploits/Cheating As per the Forums Code of Conduct, under no circumstances should a hack or exploit be reported on the public forums. Because of the sensitive nature of hacks/exploits, posting on forums only ensures that other people are going to attempt to use them. Any poster who breaks this rule will have their thread deleted immediately and may receive further action, such as a restriction in posting privileges. If you find an exploit or think someone is hacking into the game, please send a detailed e-mail to hacks@blizzard.com. We thank you in advance for your reports. Reporting these issues is incredibly important, but at the same time please remember to report them through the secure channels. ______________________________ Technical Support: Monday - Friday, 12pm - 9pm Pacific Time How am I doing? // https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Glaxigrav \\Glaxigrav0 Apr 9, 2014
23h i can't conect Hi, a can'y concect, 1 hour ago i was playing, but here in my campus i cacn´t play, i want to kwnow, is there an update or is just support for the server? thank youBaki1 23h
23h Hearthstone client prevents Screen Saver Every time I leave Hearthstone open on my Mac, it prevents my Mac to start the Screen Saver after 5 minutes. Any other applications, such as Spotify, Adobe Muse, FCPX, the Screen Saver starts. Except when Hearthstone is open, even when it disconnects. After I close it, it resolves the problem. Any suggestions?xynlovesit2 23h
1d Size Of Updates I don't understand why a tiny patch to "fix localization errors" is still over 2GB. It's pretty annoying having to make room on phone/tablet for unnecessarily large updates.Agrajag0 1d
2d Cursor size on Mac Please make an effort to make the Hearthstone cursor on Mac a normal sized cursor. Thank you, GreenbeansGreenbeans0 2d
2d Cannot launch the game Whenever I try to launch Hearthstone on my Mac, either the game doesn't open at all (although the process shows up in activity manager as not responding) or the window opens but remains black and nothing loads. Info on my mac: Mac OS X version number 10.12.4 MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013) Processor 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB Here is my Player.log: Initialize engine version: 5.3.6p1 (ef59fdfbd254) GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1 Renderer: Intel HD Graphics 5000 OpenGL Engine Vendor: Intel Inc. Version: 4.1 INTEL-10.24.45 GLES: 0 GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_indirect GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_subroutine GL_ARB_shading_language_include GL_ARB_tessellation_shader GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32 GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_viewport_array GL_EXT_debug_label GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_APPLE_client_storage GL_APPLE_container_object_shareable GL_APPLE_fl ush_render GL_APPLE_object_purgeable GL_APPLE_rgb_422 GL_APPLE_row_bytes GL_APPLE_texture_range GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_NV_texture_barrier OPENGL LOG: Creating OpenGL 4.1 graphics device Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly Platform assembly: /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless) Loading /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain Platform assembly: /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless) Loading /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain Platform assembly: /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless) Loading /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain Platform assembly: /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless) Loading /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain Platform assembly: /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless) Loading /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain Platform assembly: /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless) Loading /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain Platform assembly: /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.Analytics.dll (this message is harmless) Loading /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.Analytics.dll into Unity Child Domain Platform assembly: /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll (this message is harmless) Loading /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll into Unity Child Domain Platform assembly: /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/ConditionalExpression.dll (this message is harmless) Loading /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/ConditionalExpression.dll into Unity Child Domain Platform assembly: /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/PlayMaker.dll (this message is harmless) Loading /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/PlayMaker.dll into Unity Child Domain - Completed reload, in 0.121 seconds Platform assembly: /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/System.Core.dll (this message is harmless) Platform assembly: /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/System.dll (this message is harmless) UnloadTime: 4.248386 ms GetClientConfigPath: client.config (Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37) Error loading config file client.config (Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37) Failed to read DeviceEmulation from client.config (Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37) service: bnet.protocol.connection.ConnectionService, hash: 1698982289 service: bnet.protocol.notification.NotificationService, hash: 213793859 service: bnet.protocol.notification.NotificationListener, hash: 3788189352 service: bnet.protocol.friends.FriendsService, hash: 2749215165 service: bnet.protocol.friends.FriendsNotify, hash: 1864735251 service: bnet.protocol.presence.PresenceService, hash: 4194801407 service: bnet.protocol.channel_invitation.ChannelInvitationService, hash: 2198078984 service: bnet.protocol.channel_invitation.ChannelInvitationNotify, hash: 4035247136 service: bnet.protocol.channel.Channel, hash: 3073563442 service: bnet.protocol.channel.ChannelSubscriber, hash: 3213656212 service: bnet.protocol.channel.ChannelOwner, hash: 101490829 service: bnet.protocol.game_utilities.GameUtilities, hash: 1069623117 service: bnet.protocol.game_master.GameMaster, hash: 2165092757 service: bnet.protocol.game_master.GameMasterSubscriber, hash: 1467132723 service: bnet.protocol.game_master.GameFactorySubscriber, hash: 3338259653 service: bnet.protocol.challenge.ChallengeService, hash: 3686756121 service: bnet.protocol.challenge.ChallengeNotify, hash: 3151632159 service: bnet.protocol.account.AccountService, hash: 1658456209 service: bnet.protocol.account.AccountNotify, hash: 1423956503 service: bnet.protocol.authentication.AuthenticationServer, hash: 233634817 service: bnet.protocol.authentication.AuthenticationClient, hash: 1898188341 service: bnet.protocol.resources.Resources, hash: 3971904954 Platform assembly: /Applications/Hearthstone/Hearthstone.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless) Hearthstone(1145,0xa70c11c0) malloc: *** error for object 0x1393cc74: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed. *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug Stacktrace:geddoe1 2d
2d Low resolution problem I have a MacBook 12' with 2304x1440 resolution but i can only play 1278x800 or smt like that, please add high resolution support to the game.nitr03 2d
3d Final attempt to retrieve my dust I have posted this a few times trying to get back the dust that has mysteriously vanished, but this will be the last time before I give up... I logged in on the Un'Goro launch day to open packs and get the dust from my "hall of fame" cards. I had all of the cards that were rotating out (all non-gold) I got my dust and after opening my packs I crafted a few cards and played a some games to get my new hero. After I did that I went to craft some more cards to try another deck since I had (I think) 860 dust after my first round of crafting, and I saw that all of my dust had disappeared. I had no dust before the roll over and hadn't disenchanted anything after the expansion went live so I lost all of my remaining hall of fame dust. I disenchanted a lot of my old wild cards to make the hall of fame cards so I really don't like the idea of having the dust just vanish like that. I hope this issue can be resolved. I am playing on a Mac but I plan on getting a Windows computer in the fairly near future. I don't see how that will resolve the issue and I don't know of another way I can try to inform Blizzard of the problem since the battle.net page directs me to these forums to notify the development team directly.Kandelonious1 3d
3d Closed : Your game timed out as it was... Closed : Your game timed out as it was requesting data from the Hearthstone utility service. Please relaunch Hearthstone to reconnect. i got that message everytime i try to start the game on my iMac Anything I should do?Pol40 3d
4d Game stuck on "Game is Running". I got the rainbow glitch and now I can't play the game. I force quit the hearthstone app like I usually do when I get the rainbow glitch. Battle.net now thinks it's running when it's not. I can't uninstall through normal methods either. Options -> Uninstall Game is blanked out as if the game were running. Macbook Air early 2014 2-3 hours in gameplay and I always get the rainbow glitch around 2-3 hours inkiloechoesp9 4d
Apr 15 Rainbow Bug.... I play about 4-5 games then suddenly the 6th game I get this buy where the colors get all wacky and then some of the card graphics wont show up. I have to force quit the game and reconnect to the game. this is just a total hassle... are there any fixes?Yamers2 Apr 15
Apr 13 Cursor Size | Giant Hand Why is the cursor (white hand) in game is so much larger on Mac than it is for PC users? Can it be changed? I play on both Mac and PC and find that the smaller in game cursor is much more aesthetically pleasing. I wouldn't imagine this being a huge thing to change for Blizzard, and would love to know the reason for the difference between the two platforms. If anyone knows how to get a smaller cursor for Mac, please feel free to share!UhOhOreo1 Apr 13
Apr 13 Won a game, lost a star? Just won a game, but lost a star...no disconnection issues. Played right through and won without any noticable problems during gameplay. But lost a star?!Ricostravels1 Apr 13
Apr 13 Hearthstone won't download on my mac - help? When I attempt to install Hearthstone on my Mac, I get this message: "We're having trouble launching the blizzard update agent right now. Please wait one minute and try again." I have restarted my mac, shut off my firewall, updated adobe, updated my mac's software, tried it in safe mode, shut off my anti-virus program, tried to download it in different browsers and I even tried to download it on a second, new account. Can someone please help me? I haven't been able to play on my computer for a few days now.BangButton0 Apr 13
Apr 12 Minor Mouse issue-wont stop blinking Hi just a minor issue when I launch hearthstone my mouse cursor keeps blinking and switching images between the normal mac mouse cursor and the hearthstone one. If i hold down either the right or left mouse button it stops but it is the normal mouse cursor. Thank you for your timeDoubleJ4 Apr 12
Apr 11 Cannot get past queue finder since the patch. i use an iphone 7+ with latest ios updates. And i havent been able to play the game ever since the ios ipdate I suppose. Each time i hit the queue, as soon as an opponent is found, it says "we were unable to start your game" and the game disconnects/reconnects. I can use the shop and my collection part. I also tried playing on my NA account and it worked. I live in the NA, but I played on EU server for years. Sadly, I cannot seem to be able to play on EU anymore. I have seen other people posting about the same issue, however all of these posts were ignored by the tech support. I know I am not the only person experiencing this issue, and I wonder how long it is going to take for you people to address this issue. Hopefully someone who gets paid for helping people on forums will step in and help. Thanks.Emircan1 Apr 11
Apr 11 Performance on higher resolutions Since updating Hearthstone to 8.0.0 a few days ago the performance on my Macbook Pro is notably worse than before. I play on a Macbook Pro Retina, Late 2013 with an Intel Core i5, 2.6 GHz and 8GB RAM. My display is set to look like 1680x1050 using Apple's system preferences. Before the latest patch hearthstone was running completely fine on that resolution with low graphic details. But since the patch my CPU starts heating up which leads to the fans running on high speed. A huge drop in performance can also be observed when playing Kazakus. During the potion creation the entire macbook starts to lag. Again, this behavior only started with the latest patch and greatly reduces the gaming experience.GrayF0x3 Apr 11
Apr 11 Hearthstone not Opening Hearthstone is continually force-quitting when I attempt to open the app. I have tried reinstalling it but it still doesn't work.Balasar0 Apr 11
Apr 10 How Do I Change Regions on an IPAD? I have the Hearthstone App installed. I can see an option to change user accounts, but not one to change regions. If there is a battlenet app, I can't find it (which is where I can change regions when on my PC). Any ideas?Geralt4 Apr 10
Apr 10 The Game doesn't start When the game screen appears.below writes-"GLOBAL_CURRENT_TIME",and the game does not start. I uninstalled and installed HS several times and it still doesn't work. Please help me, I haven't play HS for 10 daysSliverCrow1 Apr 10
Apr 10 Can't go online/connect to battle.net I'm trying to connect but I just keep getting the Error: BLZBNTBGS80000021 (3003) message. I"ve tried several times already to restart Battle.net, log out and log back in, renew my dchp lease, flush the dns cache, turn wifi on and off etc with no luck. Any suggestions?collegewar62 Apr 10
Apr 9 HS won't stay open Hello, can someone help me solve this issue, I can't play HS on my MAC everytime i try to open it from the Launcher it stays open for like 2 seconds and then it closes right away, How can i solve this problem. My sistem info is the following Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 3 MB Memory: 4 GB Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz Boot ROM Version: MBP71.0039.B0E SMC Version (system): 1.62f7 Serial Number (system): WQ0337GUATM Hardware UUID: 93386094-CC58-59BC-9793-3942822B4411.Randomkick0 Apr 9
Apr 9 Persistent issues on new iMac Experiencing pausing/freezing in-match and at the menu. It ranges from 1-2s per instance. Retina 4K Late 2015 OS Sierra 10.12.4 3.1 GHz Intel i5 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB TRACEROUTE: traceroute to 121.200.14.80 (121.200.14.80), 15 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 24.105.30.3 (24.105.30.3) 1.018 ms 0.994 ms 1.012 ms 2 * * * 3 37.244.0.100 (37.244.0.100) 1.347 ms 1.392 ms 1.453 ms 4 37.244.0.32 (37.244.0.32) 1.212 ms 1.261 ms 1.313 ms 5 xe-9-3-0.edge2.LosAngeles9.Level3.net (4.53.230.237) 0.865 ms 0.891 ms 0.903 ms 6 ae-3-80.edge1.LosAngeles6.Level3.net (4.69.144.144) 0.929 ms 0.949 ms 1.008 ms 7 i-0-0-0-14-peer.tlot02.pr.telstraglobal.net (134.159.61.17) 1.392 ms 1.194 ms 1.221 ms 8 unknown.telstraglobal.net (202.84.253.85) 2.920 ms 2.942 ms 2.943 ms 9 i-0-1-0-52.sydo-core04.bx.telstraglobal.net (202.84.136.210) 140.574 ms 140.605 ms 140.606 ms 10 bundle-ether3.oxf-gw10.sydney.telstra.net (203.50.13.93) 139.716 ms 139.746 ms 139.764 ms 11 bundle-ether1.ken-core10.sydney.telstra.net (203.50.6.96) 144.125 ms 144.145 ms 145.278 ms 12 bundle-ether12.win-core10.melbourne.telstra.net (203.50.11.123) 158.230 ms 156.552 ms 156.550 ms 13 bundle-ether1.win-edge902.melbourne.telstra.net (203.50.11.110) 155.059 ms 154.980 ms 155.013 ms 14 wid1682281.lnk.telstra.net (139.130.190.62) 154.719 ms 154.680 ms 154.723 ms 15 gi6-1.bdr1.sydney.aussiebb.net (202.142.143.178) 155.165 ms 155.204 ms 155.262 ms 09/04/2017 05:59:02 UTC -------------------- PING: PING 121.200.14.80 (121.200.14.80) 56(84) bytes of data. --- 121.200.14.80 ping statistics --- 4 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 3008ms 09/04/2017 05:59:02 UTC -------------------- MTR: Start: Sun Apr 9 05:59:02 2017 HOST: Blizzard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev 1.|-- 24.105.30.3 0.0% 10 0.6 0.7 0.5 1.9 0.3 2.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 3.|-- 37.244.0.100 0.0% 10 1.4 1.3 1.2 1.4 0.0 4.|-- 37.244.0.32 0.0% 10 1.2 1.2 1.1 1.3 0.0 5.|-- xe-9-3-0.edge2.LosAngeles9.Level3.net 0.0% 10 0.9 0.9 0.9 1.0 0.0 6.|-- ae-3-80.edge1.LosAngeles6.Level3.net 0.0% 10 1.0 2.1 1.0 12.8 3.7 7.|-- i-0-0-0-14-peer.tlot02.pr.telstraglobal.net 0.0% 10 2.8 2.0 1.3 2.8 0.3 8.|-- unknown.telstraglobal.net 0.0% 10 3.1 2.6 2.0 3.2 0.0 9.|-- i-0-1-0-52.sydo-core04.bx.telstraglobal.net 0.0% 10 140.5 141.1 140.0 141.7 0.0 10.|-- bundle-ether3.oxf-gw10.sydney.telstra.net 0.0% 10 139.0 139.2 138.6 139.8 0.0 11.|-- bundle-ether1.ken-core10.sydney.telstra.net 0.0% 10 145.1 144.8 143.9 146.0 0.5 12.|-- bundle-ether12.win-core10.melbourne.telstra.net 0.0% 10 156.7 157.3 156.3 158.2 0.3 13.|-- bundle-ether1.win-edge902.melbourne.telstra.net 0.0% 10 155.0 155.0 155.0 155.2 0.0 14.|-- wid1682281.lnk.telstra.net 0.0% 10 154.7 154.8 154.7 154.8 0.0 15.|-- gi6-1.bdr1.sydney.aussiebb.net 0.0% 10 155.4 155.2 155.1 155.4 0.0 16.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 09/04/2017 05:59:02 UTC -------------------- 1 nf10w.home (192.168.20.1) 2.163 ms 2.253 ms 1.904 ms 1.943 ms 2.017 ms 1.972 ms * 2.116 ms 1.772 ms 1.902 ms 2.374 ms 2.437 ms * 1.634 ms 1.716 ms 1.969 ms 1.969 ms 2.011 ms * 1.461 ms 2.157 ms 1.998 ms 1.514 ms 1.961 ms * 2.273 ms 1.247 ms 1.799 ms 1.970 ms 1.849 ms (13% loss) 2 121-200-8-1.cust.aussiebb.net (121.200.8.1) 4.851 ms 3.897 ms 3.903 ms 3.844 ms 4.161 ms 4.279 ms 3.919 ms 3.732 ms 3.790 ms 4.038 ms 4.343 ms 4.182 ms 4.821 ms 4.608 ms 4.161 ms 4.298 ms 4.663 ms 4.873 ms 4.753 ms 4.118 ms 3.862 ms 3.926 ms 4.897 ms 4.287 ms 4.945 ms 4.963 ms 4.987 ms 4.970 ms 5.234 ms 4.680 ms (0% loss) 3 pc3.bdr1.vdc03.mel.aussiebb.net (202.142.143.177) 4.697 ms 4.188 ms 3.801 ms 3.960 ms 4.022 ms 3.983 ms 4.043 ms 4.117 ms 3.858 ms 4.008 ms 3.822 ms * 6.849 ms 4.403 ms 4.196 ms 4.421 ms 4.590 ms 3.662 ms 4.168 ms 3.810 ms 4.151 ms 3.748 ms 4.029 ms 4.308 ms 4.286 ms 4.439 ms 3.977 ms 4.391 ms 3.602 ms 3.999 ms (3% loss) 4 tengige0-1-0-21.win20.melbourne.telstra.net (139.130.190.61) 4.615 ms 6.969 ms 4.523 ms 4.922 ms 4.972 ms 4.845 ms 4.971 ms 4.976 ms 4.962 ms 4.831 ms 4.296 ms 4.761 ms 4.131 ms 5.030 ms 5.079 ms 5.470 ms 5.824 ms 4.486 ms 5.266 ms 4.770 ms 4.929 ms 5.167 ms 4.118 ms 5.854 ms 4.650 ms 5.374 ms 4.738 ms 4.915 ms 5.180 ms 4.851 ms (0% loss) 5 bundle-ether12.win-core10.melbourne.telstra.net (203.50.11.111) 5.801 ms 8.899 ms 6.011 ms 6.552 ms 6.253 ms 6.545 ms 5.842 ms 6.344 ms 6.549 ms 7.306 ms 5.449 ms 6.723 ms 5.961 ms 6.821 ms 5.564 ms 4.626 ms 6.446 ms 4.092 ms 4.853 ms 5.959 ms 4.149 ms 4.560 ms 5.902 ms 4.823 ms 6.240 ms 6.262 ms 5.955 ms 4.454 ms 6.254 ms 6.174 ms (0% loss) 6 bundle-ether12.ken-core10.sydney.telstra.net (203.50.11.122) 17.027 ms 56.429 ms 15.447 ms 17.335 ms 16.731 ms 17.123 ms 16.994 ms 16.900 ms 17.076 ms 16.654 ms 16.815 ms 14.747 ms 17.012 ms 16.981 ms 17.043 ms 16.852 ms 16.839 ms 17.111 ms 15.117 ms 17.095 ms 16.789 ms 16.847 ms 16.662 ms 17.115 ms 16.665 ms 17.078 ms 17.227 ms 16.645 ms 17.182 ms 17.223 ms (0% loss) 7 bundle-ether1.pad-gw11.sydney.telstra.net (203.50.6.61) 16.354 ms 16.639 ms 17.320 ms 16.767 ms 19.686 ms 17.500 ms 16.959 ms 17.256 ms 17.016 ms 17.419 ms 17.136 ms 17.123 ms 17.821 ms 18.013 ms 15.920 ms 17.227 ms 17.075 ms 17.224 ms 19.014 ms 17.758 ms 16.905 ms 17.421 ms 17.266 ms 17.997 ms 15.970 ms 17.068 ms 17.238 ms 17.286 ms 16.851 ms 17.862 ms (0% loss) 8 bundle-ether1.sydp-core04.sydney.reach.com (203.50.13.90) 16.216 ms 18.179 ms 17.922 ms 16.196 ms 16.952 ms 17.133 ms 17.060 ms 17.238 ms 17.684 ms 16.662 ms 16.866 ms 17.256 ms 16.991 ms 17.231 ms 16.747 ms 16.995 ms 17.169 ms 16.948 ms 17.343 ms 16.623 ms 17.253 ms 17.024 ms 16.949 ms 16.896 ms 17.124 ms 17.502 ms 16.911 ms 16.803 ms 17.116 ms 17.292 ms (0% loss) 9 i-52.tlot-core02.bx.telstraglobal.net (202.84.137.101) 166.066 ms 166.710 ms 165.538 ms 163.984 ms 165.558 ms 163.363 ms 164.154 ms 163.810 ms 163.796 ms 165.659 ms 165.538 ms 164.634 ms 183.997 ms 164.834 ms 164.910 ms 164.075 ms 168.766 ms 165.941 ms 163.449 ms 167.493 ms 165.273 ms 164.412 ms 164.273 ms 164.904 ms 186.012 ms 164.290 ms 164.114 ms 164.843 ms 167.006 ms 164.907 ms (0% loss) 10 i-0-5-0-0.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.84.253.2) 158.088 ms i-0-5-0-3.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.84.253.14) 158.954 ms i-0-0-0-1.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.84.251.170) 160.103 ms i-0-0-0-5.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.40.149.210) 157.455 ms i-0-0-0-2.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.40.149.130) 158.353 ms 159.597 ms i-0-0-0-6.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.40.149.226) 160.277 ms i-0-0-0-7.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.40.149.230) 159.409 ms i-0-5-0-1.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.84.253.6) 158.214 ms i-0-0-0-0.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.84.251.194) 162.885 ms i-0-0-0-7.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.40.149.230) 159.433 ms i-0-5-0-3.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.84.253.14) 158.660 ms i-0-0-0-0.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.84.251.194) 159.305 ms i-0-0-0-1.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.84.251.170) 160.108 ms i-0-5-0-2.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.84.253.10) 158.772 ms i-0-0-0-6.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.40.149.226) 157.605 ms i-0-5-0-1.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.84.253.6) 158.588 ms i-0-0-0-0.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.84.251.194) 160.760 ms i-0-0-0-2.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.40.149.130) 157.195 ms i-0-0-0-7.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.40.149.230) 159.296 ms i-0-0-0-6.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.40.149.226) 156.988 ms 156.998 ms 158.782 ms i-0-5-0-1.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.84.253.6) 160.240 ms i-0-0-0-1.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.84.251.170) 158.009 ms i-0-5-0-0.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.84.253.2) 159.346 ms i-0-0-0-5.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.40.149.210) 158.307 ms i-0-5-0-2.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.84.253.10) 157.718 ms i-0-0-0-6.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.40.149.226) 158.757 ms i-0-0-0-5.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net (202.40.149.210) 156.855 ms (0% loss) 11 zayo-peer.eqla01.pr.telstraglobal.net (134.159.63.18) 157.780 ms 156.586 ms 157.405 ms 156.561 ms 158.049 ms 156.885 ms 157.201 ms 157.487 ms 156.838 ms 157.410 ms 156.715 ms 157.134 ms 156.784 ms 157.484 ms 157.084 ms 157.352 ms 157.283 ms 158.089 ms 156.821 ms 156.549 ms 158.480 ms 156.582 ms 157.249 ms 157.313 ms 156.829 ms 156.918 ms 157.599 ms 163.289 ms 156.609 ms 157.052 ms (0% loss) 12 ae13.cs1.lax112.us.eth.zayo.com (64.125.28.230) 216.845 ms 209.124 ms 157.434 ms 158.049 ms 157.377 ms 158.355 ms 159.404 ms 209.514 ms 156.925 ms 157.138 ms 156.921 ms 156.861 ms 157.275 ms 215.362 ms 157.888 ms 158.690 ms 156.647 ms 157.057 ms 158.808 ms 181.678 ms 157.263 ms 157.034 ms 156.941 ms 163.480 ms 156.787 ms 206.459 ms 160.247 ms 157.350 ms * 159.284 ms (3% loss) 13 ae14.mpr2.lax12.us.zip.zayo.com (64.125.27.41) 162.782 ms 162.353 ms 165.079 ms 163.872 ms 164.379 ms * * * * 162.263 ms 162.043 ms 163.189 ms * * 163.024 ms * * * * * * * * * * * * 168.977 ms 164.725 ms 166.819 ms (60% loss) 14 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Andy0 Apr 9
Apr 9 Stupid Rainbow Glitch again and again. Stupid Rainbow Glitch, freezes/crashes the whole game including battle.net itself. reopens battle.net Hearthstone (currently running) cannot open hearthstone having to re-start the mac by that time would be too late to continue your games. Scan and repair does nothing.Azndanny2 Apr 9
Apr 8 Rogue and Warrior Quests WTF Rogue and Warrior Quests!!!??? So OP,easy win 90% ... please Blizz,this is such a big mistake what you do.... change it or upgrade rogue quest from 4 to 8! and warrior? Up to 10 minimum....Anikh0 Apr 8
Apr 7 Can't start the game? Whenever I load the game up, it crashes. Can anyone help?Rossiko0 Apr 7
Apr 7 Fix for MBP retina users: auto res switching Copy/pasted from my thread on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2w0o3q/fix_for_macbook_pro_retina_users_automatic/ Just finished spending several hours learning AppleScript so I could make a workaround for the low-resolution bug that rMBP users have been dealing with for several months. This script will automatically switch to full resolution and maximize the window when Hearthstone is the active application, and switch back to hidpi resolution when it's not (so you can comfortably use multiple desktops while playing!). It only checks every ten seconds if HS is running before it starts to watch for active windows, so it shouldn't have any noticeable effect on battery life. There are two versions, one requires the $2 pro version of an app called "Display Menu" (the pro version provides command line/scripting support - trust me, I looked for a long time for a way to switch resolution from the command line that supported retina, and this was literally the only option) The second is free but slower as it actually needs to open system preferences, so you'll also see the system prefs window pop up for a few seconds. You'll need to install a small command line utility called screenresolution (with this I can avoid having to open the preferences window when switching from hidpi to full res, but not the other way around) --- INSTRUCTIONS -- Non-free version Install Display Menu and upgrade to pro in the app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/display-menu/id549083868?mt=12 Download HSAutoRes.zip and extract it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzd4pr4a4zfr21r/HSAutoRes.zip?dl=0 Pick the one for your screen size (the one that doesn't say "slow") and put it somewhere you won't delete it accidentally :v Go to System Preferences -> Users & Groups -> Login Items, add and enable HSAutoRes (this makes it run when you log in) Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Accessibility, add and enable HSAutoRes (this lets it maximize the HS window automatically) Run HSAutoRes or log out and back in -- Free version Open terminal and run the following commands to install screenresolution: git clone https://github.com/jhford/screenresolution.git cd screenresolution make make install Download HSAutoRes.zip and extract it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzd4pr4a4zfr21r/HSAutoRes.zip?dl=0 Pick the one for your screen size (the one that says "slow") and put it somewhere you won't delete it accidentally :v Go to System Preferences -> Users & Groups -> Login Items, add and enable HSAutoRes (this makes it run when you log in) Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Accessibility, add and enable HSAutoRes (this lets it maximize the HS window automatically) Run HSAutoRes or log out and back in Please post any issues you encounter and I will try to fix them! Source code can be found here: (please check it out if you're wary about downloading random programs online!!) http://pastebin.com/MEU1GUc2 http://pastebin.com/j8sHziy4BTYM4 Apr 7
Apr 6 Hearthstone on Mac blurry for everyone Everyone i've talked to has this on mac since the switch to unity 5. it's a fixable bug but blizzard won't acknowledge or fix it. (like almost all mac bugs) how to fix it yourself: after the game starts go to settings and select and choose the already set resolution. you have to do this every time you start hearthstone. the difference: http://imgur.com/mn7UQE2 (click on the picture to see it in 100% size)cycledance15 Apr 6
Apr 6 Patch 5.2.2 | Resolution issue on MacBook Pro Ever since the game came out, there's been an issue with the game resolution not being properly chosen on certain Mac computers. It's fine on my iMac (latest retina model), but it's always been bugged on my MacBook Pro (late 2011 model). The latest patch (5.2.2) seems to have made matters worse though. The screen resolution is stretched more heavily than it used to be, and now going in and out of fullscreen mode triggers the issue instead of fixing it. To fix the issue, you need to change the graphics screen resolution. Every time you Alt+F out of fullscreen. From what I can remember, this issue has been around since the game came out, any word Blizzard? I used to not make a big deal out of it, Alt+F twice each time I booted the game. But now that the 5.2.2 patch made maters worse, it's really irritating.Brown3 Apr 6
Apr 6 Rainbow bug and queue So, we all know about rainbow-game-crashing bug, that you are unable to fix until release. However, with good timing, we were eventually able to rejoin to the game on time. But now, due to expansion, the servers are full. All of sudden, your fancy bug appeared. I restarted the game, like always, aaaand guess what. I had to wait in !@#$ing queue until it rejoined me back to the game. Of course, the game was already lost. I have an idea. You are not able to hire a decent programmers to fix that bug, obviously, but at least put me on the front of the queue if I got %^-*ed by your incapability of making a working application.Dublajda0 Apr 6
Apr 5 Blizzard app settings not remembered I noticed since the latest client update (Blizzard app v 8.0.0.18336), the client does not remember my settings particularly in the chat settings where I set to Compact View and Hide Offline Friends. Whenever I relaunch the client, it reverts to the default settings. Also, it defaults to World of Warcraft and the Hold up a sec! pop-up.SpaghettiMan0 Apr 5
Apr 1 Can Blizzard fix the rainbow bug? It has been years, can Blizzard fix it? I don't want to lose the ranking match every time because of this stupid bug!!!!!!Caffeines0 Apr 1
Mar 30 My Hearthstone App won't stay open on Mac After pressing "Play", the game opens for a second then closes. All other Blizzard games work on my Mac Book. It shows the icon bouncing as if opening for two seconds then closes. The battle.net app says the game is launching...Playing Now (game is open...), then back to Play. Please Help I Love this game too much!NoQuarter914 Mar 30
Mar 30 Quick fix for the "Game is running" issue After a while, the game crashes and you are no longer able to restart it. There is a quick fix for it. Open "Activity Monitor" (Command+Option+ESC), find the process called "Hearthstone" and force quit it. You are now able to start the game again without restarting your computer.trebor1 Mar 30
Mar 30 Trouble purchasing decks I am on an iPad. I went to the store to purchase the two pack option. When I went through the purchase including the authentication through the App Store, I get the following error message, "This In-App Purchase has already been bought. It will be restored for free." This is the first time I have received this error.Gankuskahn0 Mar 30
Mar 27 Disconnection, not repairable I've been playing hearthstone for 2 years on mac, I have issue of disconnection since last week, first the battle.net desktop app, second in game. The desktop app cant connect, update, check and repair. In game no matter what game mode, I just cant connect to a game, Can blizzard give an answer to this please?? Also, those technical solution provide is not as helpful as it should be .NoelChan1 Mar 27
Mar 25 Hearthstone Freezes Hearthstone freezes when I mouse over my cards in my hand. This issue started happening to me awhile ago, but only occasionally. I could fix it by force quitting the application and relaunching it, but now it happens all the time and I cannot play a game anymore. I thought it may be a hard drive space issue, but after freeing up several Gigabytes of space on the drive the issue still persists. I'm running this on my MacBook Pro with Retina Display. Intel i7 Quad Processor, 256GB SSD, 8GB Ram. Mac OS X 10.9.5C4NCER4 Mar 25
Mar 21 Keyboard issues with hs Hello, recently i got a laptop asus with windows 10, the game run with no porblem (as it should be) the only problem is that when i open hs, the key of " . " stop working as long the game is open. the pc recive the message when i press the key but it doesnt make the dot sign. i know it's kind messy, but i hope it's still understandable. thank you.Nanolf0 Mar 21
Mar 19 Black Screen in Hearthstone and Battlenet It doesn't have any music and does nothing except bring up a black screen for hearthstone.Snuggles1 Mar 19
Mar 18 Card loss after rainbow freeze Rainbow freeze after trying to play a card. It disappeared and didnt activate. Way too many bugs and problems on osx. Are you guys even working on trying to fix these problems?Deviate0 Mar 18
Mar 17 Black Screen My screen appears blank (Black) when I try to load Hearthstone. It stays there.Snuggles3 Mar 17
Mar 12 Mac Glitch during arena Hi so i have been having this super annoying problem where I would glitch in the middle of the game and the game crashes. This has only been happening in arena and i have been losing a lot of important games because of this stupid bug. looks like this has been happening for awhile, and why hasn't blizzard been fixing this??brianbrian1 Mar 12