Mobile Bug Report

Apr 17, 2015 Android Phone Installation - Not Enough Space We are currently aware of an issue players may experience when installing Hearthstone on Android Phone devices. This can be caused by altering the default installation location or not having enough space in the installation destination. Hearthstone for Android phones must be downloaded to your internal memory. We recommend having 2GB of free space available to account for any future updates. Before opening/installing Hearthstone, move the app to an SD card if your device allows it. We recommend opening/installing Hearthstone AFTER it has been moved. Our Hearthstone System Requirements article has information regarding the minimum requirements for devices to be eligible for installation. If you have additional questions about Hearthstone, feel free to check out our Frequently Asked Questions!Glaxigrav0 Apr 17, 2015
Oct 20, 2015 Hearthstone Has Been Updated - 11/29/16 Greetings! As always if you play on a future patch you cannot roll back to a client on an earlier patch. If you attempt to play on an earlier patch build you will get "Hearthstone has been updated" . This usually happens on patch day as we stagger our releases, they usually come out in this order: 1. PC/Mac 2. Googleplay 3. iOS 4. Amazon By the end of the day all patches should be available so make sure your client is on 7.0 otherwise you'll get the error message.Sapperwix0 Oct 20, 2015
Sep 14, 2015 Missing Purchases We are unable to resolve any unreceived purchases in the bug report forum. Please contact Customer Support for any issues with undelivered purchases: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/topic/hearthstone/Sapperwix0 Sep 14, 2015
Aug 26, 2015 How to Fix "Waiting For Authorization" Hey all, Wanted to provide some context since I know a handful of you are running into the issue where the client sticks on the Waiting For Authorization spinner. Basically when a purchase fails (due to loss of connection to the shop or errors in the processing) we attempt to resolve by trying to continue to communicate with the storefront. There are other things going on to stop you from making duplicate purchases because duplicate purchases only makes the problem bigger and broader, this was a part of the issues experienced back during Naxx launch. Anyways, we do have a way to self-fix your client if you get stuck in Waiting For Auth loop. Steps to fix 1. Completely close your client (by removing it from active applications on your device) and restart it. 2. Let it sit on the Waiting for Auth spinner for about 10 minutes. I know it's a bit long, we're working on it but right now it's the safest way to insure we don't lose the transaction. 3. Close and restart your client again. 4. The purchase should be resolved as either a pass where you receive your product or a fail where you can get back to the shop. Thanks for your patience as we continue to improve our processes.Sapperwix0 Aug 26, 2015
Jun 25, 2015 Account Progress Not Showing On Mobile The Topic is a bit misleading but since this is one of the most common reports on the Mobile Bug Report Forums I felt it was good to hit it head on. If you have logged in on Mobile and found yourself at the Tutorial. It is almost certainly that you're logging into a different region from which you normally play. Log out and double-check that you are logging into the correct region on the login page. This is the small dropdown in the top right of the login page. If your device is set to anything other than the main region you play on you will default to the region of your device. If after double-checking that you are logging into the same region as Desktop then please reach out to customer support who can further assist you: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/topic/hearthstone/Sapperwix0 Jun 25, 2015
Apr 3, 2014 How to get Crash Logs from iPad In order to get crash logs from your iPad, you will need access to a computer and have iTunes installed. Additionally, you will need to have hidden folders displayed in order to access the log locations. Once you have iTunes installed and hidden folders displayed, follow the steps below: Connect your device to your computer and launch iTunes. Sync your device (this should be quick if you haven't made any recent changes on the device). Navigate to one of the following locations: (Mac) ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/$DEVICENAME$/ (Windows) C:\Users\$USERNAME$\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\$DEVICENAME$ Locate the appropriate crash log file. (The log files will include the date and time in 24 hour format in their file names) You can post the data from your crash log in a Code Block using the Code Blocks option in the forums UI NOTE: The logs are generated by the device and are only generated when the client crashes. Getting disconnected will not create a log file, so please get a screen shot of the specific error you received in those cases and include a link or the error text in your reportsSapperwix0 Apr 3, 2014
Apr 2, 2014 Hearthstone 5.2 Known Issues - 7/12/16 Greetings All! Below you will find the Known Issues list for the Mobile Client. Please direct PC/Mac bugs to the Bug Report Forum: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/10591462/ Please do not report bugs that you see on this list, as we already know about them, and help out other players reporting bugs by referring them to this list. As a reminder, this list will not list every bug that is active and occurring in Hearthstone. What it is listing are a select few issues -- chosen due to severity/impact -- that are active and confirmed as bugs by Quality Assurance with verifiable steps and an expected fix. Just because a bug is not on this list does not mean we don't know about it! In addition, potential exploits and the like will never be listed here. Please note that documented bugs may not always be fixed in the order in which they were reported. In some cases, we may not have a timeline for a when a bug will be fixed and some bugs may not be able to be fixed at all. If we are able to verify that a documented bug cannot be fixed, it will be removed from this list. Thank you for your continued reports, and enjoy Hearthstone!!! Known Issues: Client On phones Player portrait icons are showing the Wild mode "vines" during standard mode games The iPhone SE is using the iPad Tablet UI instead of the phone UI Tapping the friends list immediately after a match can cause a crash Whispers of the Old Gods packs are slightly off-center during pack opening on phones The gold display does not show on launch and will overlap the dust display after returning from the collection manager Android Devices with an x86 processor on Lollipop may experience a crash after minimizing the game The Gold total and number of friends can appear corrupted after changing languages or after unlocking Android Phones and Tablets with a PowerVR chipset may display distorted card names or text elements You are unable to install the Amazon App if you have the Authenticator installed via Google (and vice versa)[u][ul][/ul]Sapperwix0 Apr 2, 2014
Apr 2, 2014 Include Device Name and OS Version in Report! Greetings Everyone! When you report a bug in this forum please be sure to include what device you encountered it on and what your OS version is. This will help us reproduce and ultimately resolve the issue you're reporting. Device Names: iPad 2 iPad Mini iPad 3rd Generation (Retina Display with 30-pin connector) iPad 4th Generation (Retina Display with Lightning Bolt connector) iPad Air iPad Mini 2nd Generation (Retina display) You can find your OS version by navigating in your device (Settings --> General --> About --> Version)Sapperwix0 Apr 2, 2014
Apr 2, 2014 Welcome to the Mobile Bug Report Forum! Welcome to the Mobile Bug Report forum! The purpose of this forum is primarily to collect issue reports about the Hearthstone client on Mobile Devices. We greatly appreciate our customers helping us to find issues with the game. As such, this forum is one of your best methods for making us aware of these issues. Creating a Bug Thread When reporting a bug, we would like you to take the time and search the forum to see if your issue is already reported. The Known Issues thread has some good info in it. While we won't delete duplicate reports, it will save us time if you know the issue is already posted and do not repost it. Using keywords (such as a unique element of a crash log or an ability name) is a good way to find threads. Additionally, if you have multiple issues, separate them into different threads. Unique bugs should get unique threads. Try to include steps to reproduce your problem. Be succinct. Leave out any opinions on the problem and focus on how best to tell us about it to help resolve the issue. Finally, a screenshot or video showing your issue would be greatly appreciated! You can upload your videos to YouTube and your screenshots to sites like imgur. Posts we do not need Since we are strictly interested in issue reports on this forum, the following threads are likely to be moderated or moved immediately: 1. Discussion threads (What do you all think?) 2. Invalid issue reports 3. Feedback / Suggestion threads. 4. Posts requesting information on the game. 5. Posts made on other forums (Don't spam.) 6. "Accomplishment" threads, threads to advertise screenshots unrelated to bug reports, and other "This happened" posts 7. Posts requesting status updates on existing issues. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting.Sapperwix0 Apr 2, 2014
8h Touchscreen no longer works properly. I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro - Touchscreen - Windows 8.1 - Folds back into a tablet or ultrabook mode.... Before the update that came out 2 updates back I could use the touchscreen functionality with no issues. I actually preferred playing with the laptop in tablet mode and using the touchscreen. Since the update a couple updates back, I've noticed that the touchscreen doesn't work entirely the same as it did and in some cases doesn't seem to work properly at all. If I use the mouse pointer and glidepad to click on the environment around the play area, a single click will do things like smash vegetables, play with the inn sign, bust windows in the church, launch the catapult, etc... If I use the touchscreen, I now have to double click by touching these items quickly two times in order to interact with them I've also noticed that I've had issues with the hero powers that I didn't have before. While I could click and drag the mage fireball using the mouse, at one point I could not drag the fireball hero power with the touchscreen (I could before the updates). Thank youHolgen4 8h
8h Can't log in HS whole week!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good afternoon, I want to inform you that after the release of the new update, I can not enter the game for a week on my iPad Pro . Because of this, I miss the double profit for events that no one will compensate me. I ask you to take some measures to fix this problem ...LuckyTiger10 8h
15h Crashing Since patch, every time I try to play Hearthstone on Cellular Data, it says "Hearthstone has stopped working" I have an Android phone. This is sad because I pretty much only play Hearthstone on my phone, and pretty much only while using Data. I've lost two arena games because of this already (before I knew what the cause was).EdgarAllnPwn29 15h
17h Can't find an opponent while on wifi For 12 hours now HS can't find me an opponent when I'm playing on wifi using my iPhone and iPad. I get those messages where it says ooops we couldn't start a game.... It works fine when I'm using the mobile data however. Very frustrating! Tried to reinstall the game but it didn't help. Not sure what to do next?Leah880 17h
20h Crashes on Search/Reconnect on Samsung S7 Since update on July 11, 2017, game randomly stops responding/crashes durring serach for an opponent. And crashes/stops when I try to reconnect into the game. It happens both on WiFi and Mobile Data. I play HS on Samsung Galaxy S7. Reinstall did not help.Iziros0 20h
1d Crashes while playing with 3G Game crashes when playing with 3G internet. It started after game update 8.x.x.x Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 OS: Android 6.0.1Gl3bk44 1d
1d Android phone issue Is getting a simcard to extend memory the only fix to play hearthstone on phones, i an an error message opening the add but says it can run it, i have yet to invest in a simcard to get more space just wondering the exact details on what to do when i get it. since the error message on my phone helpfully leads me to "page not found" heh.Ragzus0 1d
1d Warlock discard view obstructed When playing on the iPhone and my opponent is a warlock the view of the played card obstructs the view of the discarded cards. Can you fix this?CrankyPants0 1d
2d Since new brawl I cant enter any games on mobile As title states, since earlier today when new brawl started I now can't enter any games on mobile(dont have pc at the moment so unable to test if it's account or just mobile).Jolts1 2d
2d Arena Quest reward bug Hello, I completed the play 3 arena games quest, but my packs for the upcoming set only show 51, not 53 (I pre-ordered 50 packs)YossLives1 2d
2d Consolidated mobile version 7.1.17720 issues thread Post here if you are crashing or unable to log in after the 7.1.17720 or 7.1.18015 version update. Post your device model (and model number if there is one), as well as the OS version you are on. Also say if you are using a battle.net login or logging in to Hearthstone through the Facebook link. Also, you may want to try deleting the client from the mobile device, downloading the client to a desktop/laptop, and then syncing that to the device. NOTE: If you are on version 7.1.17720 there was a patch on March 8th(?) which may have cleared up the issue for you. Be sure you are on version 7.1.18015.rabb1t247 2d
2d Звуки в игре Исчезли звуки появления персонажей. Что делать?Dred1 2d
2d Visual Bugs So for some time now there has been a visual bug in the card collection, when viewing cards I can't craft because of lack of dust. That didn't really bother me, but ever since i updated the game a few minutes ago, that same visual bug appears in the win/lose screen and during battlecries with target selections. I use a Google Pixel C on Android 7.1.1 Some example pics: http://m.imgur.com/a/hiktxMexulDS30 2d
2d Cheated Okay for starters I need help I never received my 4 packs for when hoej won the spring championship 2) I just was rank 13 in standard game play and won a match at 9:00 am but when It went to the screen where you add stars it subtracted and made me go back to rank 14 with 4 stars Instead of being rank 13 with 1 star Please please help I feel cheatedLance0 2d
2d cannot message friends list on samsung tablet whenever i try to message a friend i can type out a message but there is no button to send the text and even pressing enter on the screen helps. I also ue a tablet keyboard and that does not work either when pressing enter.DangerNoodle1 2d
3d Don't have access to shop and arena anymore Hello there, Since about 2 or 3 days I don't have the access to the shop and the arena. This bug suddenly appeared for some reasons that I really don't know. I know that it is a bug because my friends does have access everything, no problem. By the way, I play only on my phone. Thanks for the future help ! :)Emerald0 3d
3d Default hero portraits only Running iPhone 7 , iOS 10.3.2. Whenever I choose a portrait and start a game I get original hero portraits. No extra sham, pally, rogue, Mage portraits will display. I have them labeled as favourites and I still get the default portraits.NicTheMighty0 3d
3d "Unfortunately, Hearthstone has stopped" Android Hello Guys, I'm getting "Unfortunately, Hearthstone has stopped" on my Xiaomi Redmi Pro (android 6.0, 10 core 2.5GHz, 3GB), even after I clear data, reset the phone or reinstall the game. I factory reset my phone and after 2 weeks it's crashing again, no so much but still it's annoying. Please help.Brock4 3d
3d Explosive trap didn't kill my enemy/enemies Explosive trap didn't kill my enemy/enemies. I had Explosive Trap on. Paladin, my enemy attacked me with Truesilver Champion. Trap dealt 2 dmg to him so he had 0 hp, then he attacked me and healed back 2 hp so he was still alive. Second point, his minions didn't take any dmgNocturn1 3d
4d No in-game music since 10/20 update (iPhone iOS 10) Since the update, there is no more music in-game EXCEPT for the music that plays while searching for an opponent while the slot machine is spinning. No music on the home screen, while browsing collection, building an arena deck, opening packs, or playing a match. The background tavern noises still work, just not the music. The music volume and master volume are both set to max. This only happens on my iPhone. The music still plays fine on my PC.Yar60 4d
4d No Music on iPad After last update on my iPad 4 with iOS 10 I can't force app to play any music in game. Sounds are heard as normal.Zakwas57 4d
4d Moto G5+ Cannot minimize/switch out of Hearthstone app When playing Hearthstone I cannot minimize the application or switch to another application. The GUI interface that provides this functionality does not display and cannot be forced to display while in game. Here are my phone details: Model: Moto G5 Plus Software Version: Android 7.0 (Nougat) Build: NPN25.137-35 Please help!fnPANDA0 4d
4d Hearthstone 8.2 Known Issues Well met! Below are the Known Issues for the Mobile Client. Android Devices You can't import a deck from outside the game until you copy one from within the game. On certain devices, copying a deck from outside of the game and then going to the Collection Manager screen can cause the client to crash. Please direct PC/Mac bugs to the Bug Report Forum. Thank you for your continued reports, and enjoy Hearthstone!Keganbe15 4d
4d Arena Payment Forgotten I used 150 gold to start an arena run. Once I clicked it, it said I got this round for free. After my run was over, I did not get another run. The arena run took my gold, but told me the round was "free" because of the new event. When the "free" run was over my gold was taken despite the run being "free"BearJew1 4d
5d Morgle trouble Hi blizzard it is shinydino and I did everything to get morgle the oracle and it is not letting me obtain him Thank you if you respondShinyDino0 5d
5d You played a newer version on another device When I go to log in on iOS 10.3.2 I get a message saying: " You played a newer version of Hearthstone on another device. To play Hearthstone on this device, install the update when it becomes available." I had JUST updated Hearthstone on my phone right before I even logged on. I rebooted my phone my phone and the same message. In a panic, I just realized it might do the same thing on my iPad and sure enough, I can't play Hearthstone on my iPad either because I logged into my PC and played a game. I mainly play on my iPad, and hardly on my PC. Is there another new update coming out for Hearthstone on the Apple store? staggered updates between PC and portable devices are a horrid idea if you get locked out of one because you updated the other. I had already stopped playing for almost a month because of the boredom of the game, I come back and now I can't even play on my main devices.Over40Nerd21 5d
5d Mobile Graphics Bug on Pixel C Tablet http://imgur.com/a/pPXi6 Since the Ungoro patch this is how every game-end screen looks for me, doesn't matter if i win or lose. Also the performance has degreded a lot, since i have an high-end tablet it's quite surprising to see a lot of slow animations and audio stutter from this game. The App was installed through the Amazon store, which i completele deleted and then reinstalled through google apps. Still the same bug. Device Information: Google Pixel C Android: 7.1.2 Kernel: 3.18.0-g3ac8336 Build Number: N2G47DPhoenix11 5d
6d Closed Shop The shop has been closed on my iPhone 7 for a day now and I want to buy a pack. Whenever I go on, the shop has a "closed" sign on it. Any suggestions?CharlieMagic3 6d
6d Multiclass deck import bug The following imgur album shows a bug I discovered on android mobile. If you import a deck while on another classes card screen, if the deck has some "ghost" cards that you dont own, you can remove the ghost cards and replace them with another class' cards. Upon completing the deck a popup appears declaring invalid deck. On the play screen a red X is over the deck, and it can't be selected. Hopefully this hasn't been reported yet, and thank you. -Mbusc1 https://imgur.com/gallery/1eZ5mMbusc10 6d
6d Disconnected when looking for opponents After the update version on July 11, 2017 I play games on smart phone devices are often disconnected when looking for opponents .. soon to be admin errorMachiNistVN1 6d
6d Constant Iphone 7 disconnects after router firmware update I have a TP-Link TL-WR841N/TL-WR841ND and have never had problems playing Hearthstone on wifi on Iphone/Ipad/wireless PC. But after I just updated the firmware on the router my Iphone (only) now disconnects every 5-10 seconds when I try to play. No changes made to the Iphone in the meantime. Wireless PC and Ipad work fine on the updated router, and the Iphone has no other wireless issues (Twitch streams fine, speedtest shows full steam ahead, etc.). I saw stickies elsewhere on common connection issues and opening ports but those didn't seem to apply to Iphone (not sure you can set a static IP for a mobile device). Perhaps I'm wrong about this, but it would be great to play on mobile again. Any advice would be most appreciated.EvilPooh1 6d
6d HS needs glue on android. All texts in menu after game starts begin with GLUE_ i.e. GLUE_TOURNAMENT, GLUE_STORE_OPEN_BUTTON_TEXT. I can't play. Any ideas anyone?Ziutas1 6d
Jul 15 Living Mana FPS lag Samsung S6 When my opponent plays Living Mana my frames noticely dip and it only recovers when the living mana minions are removed from the board. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing. It doesnt happen with any other spell or minion.Luckyjack0 Jul 15
Jul 15 Battery drain Hi everyone, I'm experiencing really heavy battery draining on my iPhone SE. Its actually one of the iPhones with far better battery life than other iOS devices (I'm noticing the differences in my normal everyday use). I also dont think this is actually a bug within the app of Hearthstone. Its actually the way the game is implemented into mobile devices right now. I assume the graphical effects this game is providing is partt of the reason why it's draining the battery so much. I wanted to suggest and also ask around if there is something planned about this issue. The longer people are able to play the game the higher the percentage of people will be who end up buying booster packs from the store (thats my assumption). But yeah. Hearthstone might be a really good game but this battery draining is actually really an issue. I also find myself playing actually less than I would be willing to play just because of this "problem". Suggestion: give people the ability to reduce the quality of graphical effects significantly to lower the battery usage. If people are charging their phones they can pump up the graphics again to experience HS in its best way. Blizzard, I know one of your mantras are to create the most epic and quality content (thats what I love about you as a company), but maybe there could be something done about this?masqueradr2 Jul 15
Jul 14 Timer never went off I was ranking and this person put a card out but didnt play it and the timer for hearthstone never came out and it was like 20 minute I kid you not. Forcing me to quit my game... I dont think that was right. There name was octane. Is it a possible bug where you can hold out your card and never play it? I cant believe the timer never went off.poptart181 Jul 14
Jul 13 Waiting for authorization glitch after buying welcome bundle After I bought the welcome bundle and it took my 5 euros away I got stuck in waiting for authorization. (I tried logging in on a different server but that didn't work). Can you please fix this since I haven't even received the bundle since then.NightRaven0 Jul 13
Jul 13 continuous crash on android for about 2-3 months now hearthstone has not been working on my samsung s7 . It allways crashed a few seconds after i open the app .( i have deletedet it , reinstaled it , updated it , factory reset my phone . nothing works ! ) device name sm-g930f device specs :android 7.0 ;samsung exynos 8890 , 4 gb of ram please help !Deathsoul90 Jul 13
Jul 12 Unable to update, white screen With the new update that happened this morning, I can no longer play the game. When I start it up, it will tell me to go to the shop (Google Play Store) to finish the update. But when I press the "okay" button the game just turns white and nothing happens. If I try to open the play store directly, the same happens, white screen. How can I fix this?Snow1 Jul 12
Jul 12 Samsung Galaxy S8 Graphical Bug Hello. I just installed the game on my new Galaxy S8 and when I want to play the game on full screen I can't see my mana crystals. I am adding a screenshot for you to see. http://imgur.com/a/gB4DIPurdelnik1 Jul 12
Jul 12 why i cant get the samsung back cards on the pc why i cant get the samsung back cards on the pc in spite of i login on the both the pc i first login and the mobile is the second one i loginmurtadhaxy1 Jul 12
Jul 12 iPhone app not updating I am unable to play the hearthstone on the iPhone app as it will not update or download from the AppStore Does anybody have this problem or a solution?AmazinSauzee6 Jul 12