Play Mode Discussion

Sep 20, 2016 Welcome: Please read! Welcome to the Hearthstone Play Mode Discussion forums! Before you begin posting we’d like you to understand a few things about how to post here, what’s appropriate to post, as well as how to best use these forums. Please read and be aware of the Code of Conduct and the forum posting guidelines. These will ensure that we can all enjoy discussing games with one another. Posting To get started you’ll need a BattleTag. This is a name you choose that identifies you throughout all Blizzard games. If you currently play World of Warcraft, Diablo III, or StarCraft II you probably already have one. If you do not play any of these games, you’ll want to visit www.Battle.net, log in to your existing account (or create a new one), and then choose to create a BattleTag on the left. You will also need a game license attached to the account, even if it’s just a Starter Edition. If you’ve just created your BattleTag and/or attached a game license you may need to wait a short while before being able to post. Learn more about BattleTags here! Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the forum page is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Info Follow and talk to us on Twitter @PlayHearthstone and on Facebook.com/PlayHearthstone for game news and information.   Guidelines In addition to the forum Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, they cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The Hearthstone forums are for discussion of topics directly related to Hearthstone. The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topic not related to Hearthstone, Battle.net, or Blizzard Entertainment is subject to deletion. 1.) Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, and/or non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. 2.) Using the words "Blizzard," "Blue," or any community team members' names in a thread topic is frowned upon. Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. 3.) Posting "First" or IBTL ("in before lock") constitutes as spamming. You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL ("in before the lock") is not helpful, and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. 4.) Do not "bump" posts. The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called "necro bumping" or "necroing"). 5.) Petition posts are frowned upon. These are discussion forums and, as such, we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. 6.) Do not post about locked or deleted threads. Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum Code of Conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules. 7.) Do not create threads asking or begging for a beta key. This is considered Spamming under our Code of Conduct. Posts begging or requesting beta access will be deleted and will result in a suspension from the forums. There is also cool down period we institute during times of high forum traffic. If you are violating policy during one of these times due to frustration, you will be given a three-hour cool down suspension. This does not get logged on your record and is simply in place to keep the forums readable and civil. Serious violations will still have the appropriate action taken against them as documented in the Code of Conduct, and we do keep track of these cool down periods separately—if one is found to be repeatedly violating policy, appropriate action will be taken.Aratil0 Sep 20, 2016
6d Rastakhan's Rumble Release Schedule Greetings all! Since everyone is eagerly awaiting the opening of the arena gates, we wanted to put out what times everyone can expect that to be happening in their region. NA: December 4th, 10AM PST EU: December 4th, 10AM PST / December 4th, 7PM CET Asia: December 4th, 10AM PST / December 5th, 3AM KST / December 5th, 2AM CST CN: December 4th, 3PM PST / December 5th, 7AM CST Until then, you can still earn free cards by showing your team spirit! For those of you who haven't pre-purchased, you still have time! Hurry over to blizz.ly/Rastakhan so you can head into the arena swingin' and ready to rumble! GLHF and may the loa bless your packs!Jesse Hill0 6d
Nov 6 Rastakhan's Rumble Card Gallery! Greetings! Here you will find all the new cards from Rastakhan's Rumble, as they are released into the Gurubashi Arena. Just follow the link to our card gallery to catch up on all the latest reveals and watch for what exciting cards will be revealed next. https://playhearthstone.com/expansions-adventures/rastakhans-rumble/cards Cheers!Jesse Hill0 Nov 6
Oct 4 Whizbang the Wonderful and New Players Some players have noticed that new Hearthstone players (players that are still undergoing the New Player Experience) are currently unable to craft the Whizbang the Wonderful card. We wanted to take this moment to let players know that this restriction was intentional. Whizbang the Wonderful is not a card designed for new players – they won’t know many of the cards that are in Whizbang’s decks, and we don’t want to overwhelm or frustrate players while they are still trying to learn Hearthstone. Once the player reaches Rank 25, or if they choose to manually exit the New Player Experience early, they will then be able to craft the Whizbang card. We apologize for missing this restriction in the update notes for Update 12.2, as that omission was not intentional. We will continue to keep an eye on the New Player Experience and will make adjustments as necessary. Thank you for your feedback and support!Jesse Hill0 Oct 4
Sep 27 Hearthstone Forums Are Moving To Discourse! The Hearthstone forums are getting an upgrade! Starting the week of October 1 2018, the official Hearthstone forums will be moving to Discourse. If you would like a preview of the new forums, check out the Overwatch forums to see how they function. This forum update will provide additional functionality that will make it a better place to hold discussions about Hearthstone. How does this affect me? The old Hearthstone forums will not longer be available for posting after the transition. Discourse will provide a fresh start for all players; this means that any posts or guides that have been posted previously will not carry over! We suggest you copy any guides you may have now for reposting later. The old forums will remain in a read-only state for a limited time. We look forward to seeing you on the new Hearthstone forums in October!Jesse Hill1 Sep 27
Jul 5 Common Topics and Threads Greetings! Here you will find explanations and links to some of the more common, ongoing topics on the forums. As well as links to threads that have been dedicated to specific matters. Additional threads created on these topics will either be locked and directed to the primary threads or removed. Please click on the link below for the topic you wish to review. Common Posts • My thread was removed! • "Vanishing Threads" • Popular Topics • Tyrande Hero Skin Discussion • Auto-Squelch Feature Discussion • How does matchmaking work? Tavern TalksJesse Hill3 Jul 5
1m Bwonsamdi Quest Priest Who else is playing this deck? Lykotic I believe is. Can I add you? I'm having extreme success with this deck and believe I have it refined but would like to see how other people are doing. I haven't gone against anyone else playing it and would like to see what success, if any, anyone else is having.Schyla15 1m
1m extremely disappointed in game right now How can Blizzard claim they want the game to be more fun and interactive and yet the game got even worse? Now seems like everyone is playing otk decks where the opponent cannot do anything but sit and watch.These decks are not doing anything except try to remove the board and keep it clean until they get their combos. Maly,Mechathun,Shirvaleh,PLD bouncing knight tokens until get all 4,Quest Mage is all over the place now. Then if we are not seeing OTK decks we are seeing cheat mana decks,the race every season is to see who can build the best cheating mana deck. Can't Team 5 put some THOUGHT into card designs so we have an interactive game OR FIX the design so we can have a stack and interact with every card? The other problem,geesh Sooooo many,is Team 5 keeps making ards that are way TOO CHEAP in cost,especially the 1-3 mana cards,Kingsbane should never be 1 mana.So we get yet more sit and watch cards,already have time warp,good idea give the player two turns...sigh and now Paladin has an immune card,yep you can't do a thing about it,well unless your Hunter ruining your own deck to get a Flare in. Just so frustrating to see so many bad card designs and they ruin the game.Harthstoned10 1m
1m Spirit of frog face shaman Have u seen this deck yet? Doomhammer and rockbiter and spirit of frog to draw all the spells and smorc face like cray cray. My love of RR is quickly dying.Urza9 1m
10m It's over, Rashtakhan's meta has settled Odd Paladin is head and shoulder above everything else (according to HS Replay). Then we have Hunter (even spell of deathrattle), the same top-tier deck last expansion with the addition of 1-2 new cards. Next tier is Kingsbane Rogue and some kind of OTK decks (paladin, mill druid). Rashtakhan is a already proven as a disappointed expansion. When do we have an expansion when new archetypes could completely dominate over the old ones?NOC38 10m
14m What is the counter to taunt druid? This deck has been the bane of my existence since its creation. I dont know who at blizzard thought it would be a great idea to let a class have access to a board of giant taunt minions every turn starting from turn 6 potentially, but I really hope they got fired. Anyway whats some either generic cards or strategies that beat this deck?HollowRyder22 14m
15m So many squatters at ranks 15-20 you all need to go back to rank 5 where you belong.Herodreamer5 15m
15m Kripp complained about aggro decks while piloting Kingsbane rogue. WOW I can't believe people complain about aggro decks in 2018. Do aggro decks suck? Yes. Are they overpowered? No. You can still beat them if you curve well and board clear. it was just such a height of cognitive dissonance to be playing such a broken deck and then complain about other decks. Then he said something like "I'm 200IQ because I play kingsbane and you need to watch everything you do. High skill deck". LOL An infinite weapon with such "high skill". Yea right. Where am i going with this? Everyone complains about every deck right now. Why? Because the majority of decks are just so unfun to play against and everything is just rolling around with cognitive dissonance about how their deck is just so 200IQ and everyone else is on auto-pilot. There are very few decks in the meta that i would consider "fair" and "fun" to play against. They are odd mage, even shaman, even paladin and odd warrior. So what's the conclusion to all this. The. Meta. Is. Garbage. Buckle. Up. For. 4. Months. Of. this.MoarRNGplz28 15m
15m Am I the only one having fun with this exp? Maybe it’s because I only play casual. I am seriously loving halazzi and headhunters hatchet. No quest just a tool box of beasts that allow for on the fly adaptations . Want to throw down a wall of taunts ? I have a toxmonger for that Want to leave your face open ? Loa into rhino and a handful of lynx’s for burst . Rexar for the late game shenanigans Maybe not a ladder deck but it beats playing odd pally or secret spell auto hunter Have fun ### Cat lady # Class: Hunter # Format: Standard # Year of the Raven # # 1x (1) Dire Mole # 2x (1) Helpless Hatchling # 2x (1) Hunter's Mark # 1x (1) Jeweled Macaw # 1x (1) Springpaw # 2x (2) Crackling Razormaw # 2x (2) Headhunter's Hatchet # 1x (2) Revenge of the Wild # 2x (2) Scavenging Hyena # 2x (3) Animal Companion # 2x (3) Bearshark # 1x (3) Master's Call # 2x (3) Spirit of the Lynx # 1x (4) Dire Frenzy # 2x (4) Houndmaster # 1x (4) Toxmonger # 1x (4) Wing Blast # 1x (5) Halazzi, the Lynx # 2x (5) Tundra Rhino # 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar # AAECAR8KicMChtMCi+UC3O4CmPECyfgCoIUDpIgD44sD148DCo0BtQO7BesHgQqOwwLXzQLJiQOwiwPkiwMA # # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in HearthstoneSoumyeah10 15m
17m Auto-Squelch Discussion Greetings, I am starting off this post as a thread for players to discuss the desire for "auto-squelch" or the ability to turn off squelch completely, rather than a game-by-game basis. This thread is for feedback and (civil) discussions on the matter. Those looking to disrupt, troll, start any kind of flame war or just plain be rude will have their comments removed and possibly be actioned. If this is not a feature you support, then this may not be the thread for you. This is a feature some would like to see. For any who post, please post respectfully and help to keep this conversation open and moving forward. As updates or comments from Dev become available, I will get them posted into this thread. Thank you!Jesse Hill2245 17m
22m Do you hate OTK like me? Does anybody else hate OTK decks as much as I do? Not saying there is much skill involved with the game in the first place, but OTK decks literally just require you to stall the game and draw cards. Draw/stall, draw/stall, draw/stall, I am the essence of "GGWP". I honestly think mechanics like this are horrible for any card game, but I wanna know what you guys think. Do you enjoy getting OTKed, do you find the draw, stall and instant death requiring no interaction fun?Wulfric13 22m
23m Paladin " Time Out " should be changed to secret. The new spell for Paladin, " Time Out " should be changed to a secret. Their is only 1 counter and that is a counter spell secret for mage. I don't think this is fair to all the other classes including mage as the spell alone is much better cause it can't be countered as effectively as a secret. This provides paladins a higher win rate and that just provides more unbalance to the game. The game in overall needs much more balance, not only in standard but wild play too. Yet we players aren't given that though HS, probably generates the most revenue in there IP.Dominus7 23m
36m You can't build and play an "honest" hearthstone deck anymore It's been hard for me to really distill down everything I don't like about modern Hearthstone design into one easily digestible statement, but I think this is the closest that I've come to it. You just can't build an "honest" deck anymore. It used to be that you could just put together a deck of minions and spells you liked, try to match them up with synergies a little bit, and just play some games and have some fun. You might not end up with a top tier deck this way, but as long as your curve is decent and you played well it didn't always matter that much what specific cards you were using because as long as you hit your drops and used your removal on the right things you could win. That doesn't work now. All of the top decks are capable of either making a wide board using relatively few cards, a really big minion really early, and/or have some kind of infinite value scam where they create a lot of random cards from nothing and it's way too much value to answer just with cards from your deck. If your deck just plays one minion per turn, maybe 2 minion cards or a minion and a spell the way the classic aggro, tempo and midrange decks have done, you simply can't keep up. You can't do anything. Your opponent just wipes your board and plays 4 minions with one card, probably with taunt, and probably even heals a bunch for good measure. So if you're not also playing one of the classes with ridiculous value game and board clears - or at least your deck doesn't use them - you're at a huge disadvantage. So now more than ever it's harder to play cards you would like to play because there are so many cards required just to keep up with everyone else. It doesn't feel good or interesting to build decks and it's annoying to play them and watch how violently games just flip flop from all the board clearing and refilling.Lyrist159 36m
47m Hearthstone becoming less and less enjoyable every expansion. This is my opinion and opinion of some streamers who will remain nameless because they can get in trouble for it. I first started playing hearthstone when Ungoro just came out. I played for about half a year on a regular bases and hit legend. Since then i havent played that much , but i constantly watch streams to keep up my knowledge of the game. And i dont like what i see. There is currently 0 decks i would enjoy playing against.And who would i enjoy playing against? Rogue with endless 4/4 low cost minions , OTK mechathun decks that play themselves , aggro zoolock that spams the board with the same cheap minions over and over. Or maybe its OTK druid or deck swap druid that do nothing whole game long w8ting for their combo? Or maybe OTK priest that kills you with a bunch of overbuffed board is fun?No? How about Hunter winning or loosing depending on DK and other 1-2 cards?And what else is there? Warlock that wins because of 1 DK card or because of turn 3 8/8 giant? The only decks that are more or less fun are Odd warrior and Even shaman , but they get lost in the sea of other garbage decks out there. There is less and less interaction between players , every 1 is just holding on to get their combo. The other major problem is Hearthstone is becoming less and less about individual's skill and more and more about how many games you played. Decks basicly play themselves like slotmachines , and you just sit there and press on cards that light up yellow or green. Whats the next step? Letting the game play itself while you watch? You dont beliave me? Well as a daily Hearthstone viewer i never seen 15 000 legend rank player be4. Back in the days of Ungoro which was not that long ago we had about 3-4k players in legends , then it became more and more and now we have god knows how many. What , suddenly players became more skilled? Or maybe Hearthstone got a lot more players? Well i would believe that if the twitch viewer numbers were constantly going up , but they are consistantly going down. Now i know this post will prolly get deleted or burried in downvotes , but i just want to ask what is the point of all thisWhat is the point of people playing and trying to improve if soon enougf top hearthstone players that have been here from start will play at the same level that the guy who bought hes first pack yesterday?Molot409 47m
57m We should stop looking at winrates to determine "balance". Everytime you bring up that kingsbane rogue or toggle druid isn't fun to play against, you get "but itz not teh really goodz. Teh wunrute ain't dat hi. Git Gud, pleb". But win rates don't tell you if it's fun to play against. Frequency on ladder doesn't tell you if it's fun to play against or has problems. Let's have a though experiment. Lets say you put down the hearthstone and decide to finally step outside. When you do step outside, you get railed in the nuts by a clown hiding in the bushes. OK, that sounds pretty awful. Actually it doesn't, you know why? Because he only hides in the bushes 1 out of 9 games and it only connects 46 percent of the time. So it's perfectly balanced then, right? Kingsbane rogue isn't healthy for the game, toggle isn't healthy for the game. They aren't fun to play against. It doesn't matter if they have 43 percent WR or 51 percent WR.MoarRNGplz30 57m
1h Working on an evolve shaman deck So far I'm 5-0 and it's a lot of fun but I would play to add krag'wa for bounce unstable Evo back to my hand and I kinda add in at least some card draw thoughts ? ### evolve shaman v1 # Class: Shaman # Format: Standard # Year of the Raven # # 1x (1) Earth Shock # 2x (1) Unstable Evolution # 2x (1) Voltaic Burst # 2x (2) Big Bad Voodoo # 2x (2) Flametongue Totem # 2x (3) Lightning Storm # 2x (3) Microtech Controller # 2x (3) Spirit of the Frog # 1x (3) Zentimo # 2x (4) Hex # 2x (4) Saronite Chain Gang # 2x (5) Former Champ # 1x (5) Thrall, Deathseer # 1x (5) Volcano # 2x (7) Corridor Creeper # 1x (7) Giggling Inventor # 2x (7) Rabble Bouncer # 1x (7) The Storm Bringer # AAECAaoIBv8Fx8EC688CofgC4vgCy4UDDPUE/gXwB5vLAvvTAt/pApz/AoyAA4yFA72FA9uJA6uMAwA= # # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in HearthstoneXarrowX4 1h
1h Even Shaman, Odd Rogue, and Odd Pally Still Kings of Wild I went from rank 10 to rank 4 over this weekend and can confirm your best bet to rise quickly up the ladder is Even Shaman, Odd Rogue, and Odd Pally. Some of the new architypes like pirate paladin / rogue are nice but they still lack the pure consistency of these three decks. The two usual terrors of King's Bane and Big Priest are still as terrible as you remember and probably need some changes due to how polarizing they are but as expected they are still not in the top tier. Likewise, the druid defensive package is still as formidable as ever and just waiting for the next OP combo to come around but for now doesn't have much to capitalize on all the defensive tools. I respect even shaman and odd rogue in terms of needed decision making to pilot (not so much odd pally) but it may be time to consider some changes as I don't see anything dethroning these guys due to their consistency as well as package of wild OP cards (looking at you thing from the deep). Not a terrible meta so far, just a bit stale to say the least. It would be nice to see a bit more potential for some beast hunter and discard oriented warlock decks to reach the top tier.Blueduck4 1h
2h Armor shaman has to be the most fun thing ive seen in a while Just got a game with 5k armor against a odd warrior LMAO (props for the guy for not conceding and just tanking up every turn until he couldnt take fatigue anymore) Honestly its not broken or even good (because if you play normal shudder you just kill them) but its hilarious. I mean atleast what they could do is make it so if shudder takes like more than a minute to resolve just end all the animations and just show the end result.RexSaur9 2h
2h Take your time, or tilt I’d like to imagine I’m an above average player. I think that’s fair to say but I wouldn’t suggest more then that. You know why? I’ve catch myself being absent minded and realize my play is silly the moment I let go of a card. I’m also guilty of resigning myself to defeat in an unfavourable matchup and mentally quitting. I just lost a (potentially) winnable game vs Taunt Druid, me as Quest Warrior. Very later game, and my artillery is dodging the Undatakeh and going face. Finally it hits him and I’ve already decided to concede when that happens... meanwhile I have a brawl in hand. To late, I had already made up my mind before taking my turn, not giving myself the time to see that if he doesn’t draw the Undatakah again soon my hero power could get me the win. More the fair chance I still lose the match, but I had a chance, and losses that are your own fault are the hardest to take. Moral to other tilters, take a deep breath. I might even practice pretending I don’t have a concede button, just to see if some wins present themselves.Cunning6 2h
2h Hunter sucks to fight, what's the counter? As the title says, Hunter isn't fun to fight. What decks are the counter right now? Mainly spell/face hunter. I'm against one every other game, tired of them and just wanna put 'em in their place.Pixel16 2h
3h What do you think of this homebrewed deck? What do you think of this homebrewed deck? ### my own zoo deck # Class: Warlock # Format: Wild # # 2x (0) Forbidden Ritual # 2x (1) Flame Imp # 2x (1) Grim Rally # 2x (1) Kobold Librarian # 2x (1) Soulfire # 2x (1) Voidwalker # 2x (2) Dire Wolf Alpha # 2x (2) Vulgar Homunculus # 2x (3) Darkshire Councilman # 2x (3) Devilsaur Egg # 2x (3) Unwilling Sacrifice # 2x (4) Imp-losion # 2x (4) Ravenous Pterrordax # 1x (5) Feeding Time # 1x (7) Blood Troll Sapper # 2x (8) Demonbolt # AAEBAf0GApLHApaHAw4wzgfZB8II3Q+0rAK2rALnwQKrwgKXywLx0ALy0ALchgOvjgMA # # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in HearthstoneHappyFeet0 3h
3h 50% Kingsbane Rogues???Maybe nerf? How to counter this !@#$?Becks16 3h
3h Dragon Paladin - Will it get support again? The title pretty much sums up the question, when do you think Dragon Paladin get support if ever again? Dragon Paladin is by far my favorite archetype (hence this post) since I have played Hearthstone from beta. Sadly over the years the support for it has pretty much all but phased into Wild. Not necessarily a bad thing but when I see other classes get more love and support with dragon archetypes in newer expansions and Paladin doesn't, it makes me sad :( especially since Paladin was one of the very few classes to originally get dragon support in BRM and Kara. When Cathedral Gargoyle was announced during Witchwood card reveals I was so stoked that we might be getting some new dragons and other support cards for Paladin but that never came. Disappointment came when Hunters got the dragon archetype added for them for that expansion, which still to today still confuses me why they decided that. Warrior now finally got some love this expansion which is very welcoming since they haven't had anything since TGT/BRM and of course priests have had their good share over the past two years. So how about Paladins, when will we see our beautiful dragons again! I would love to play Standard Dragon Paladin competitively again some day! (Yes I know I can play it now with neutrals) Just my thoughts. I do currently play Dragon Paladin in Wild which is always fun, just always hoping every expansion to get some new Dragon love for Paladins one of these days!Zephyrr15 3h
3h What am I doing wrong? Alright, so I started playing this game around 3-4 weeks ago, and I finally made it to rank 20 last week without too much trouble. I've been trying for around 2 days now, and have been unable to get out of 20. What am I doing wrong? Are the decks I'm using (basic control priest and a budget token/treant druid) terrible in the current meta, or am I just a bad player? It seems like everyone I play's decks are filled with epics/legendarys, and I'm just not able to beat them. Maybe I'm just bad though, idk. It's just started to frustrate me a bit, and I'm not sure what to do. I know this game can be kind of pay to win at times, but it's possible to be good without dumping tons money in, right?LichWizard11 3h
3h Control mage is better than odd mage (Opinion) Honestly have had a better over all ladder climb, using a Control mage deck list (not a big mage one) , than playing with the odd mage. Like i tried odd mage in the first two days of launch and while it was strong, at points it felt that games where longer or a lost cause, because of my limited card selection (the Baku restriction); so i decided to try out Control mage with the New 7 mana summon Ragnaros legendary and Blast wave (which btw,its honestly one of the best cards in the set, easy top 5) Here is my deck list for anyone to try out and enjoy eating secret hunters(spell and Mid-range variant) and most of the "current" meta decks because Frost Lich Jaina is the most broken dk ever printed and u have a lot of stall tools. Btw, if u want to theory craft or try out several variants add me Random#1254 Control Standard Arcane artificer X 2 Acidic swamp ooze X 1 Bloodmage Thalnos X 1 Doomsayer X 2 Acolyte of Pain X 1 Arcane Intellect X 2 Mind Control Tech X 1 Tar Creeper X 2 Voodoo doll X 2 Polymorph X 1 Witchwood Piper X 1 Blast Wave X 1 Rotten Applebaum X 2 Zilliax X 1 Blizzard X 2 Meteor X 1 Skulking Geist X 1 Baron Geddon X 1 Flamestrike X 2 Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk x 1 The Lich King X 1 Frost Lich Jaina X 1Random28 3h
4h Great another xpac that favors control Yea awesome a bunch of strong control options for decks that already have ridiculous control options available to them! No good new aggro tools though so thats a blast. Guess it's at least 3 more months of a couple odd decks and zoolocks as the only viable form of "aggro". If you dont have infinite draw or infinite dudes you just can't play anything remotely aggressive. Hopefully blizzard will actually release some viable legitimate aggro tools next year. I'm certainly not holding my breath.Madman35735732 4h
4h Nerf Hunters This is ridiculous, spell hunter needs zero minions in deck?! This is as broke as pirate warrior or tempo mage. Only, its worse cause hunter class is the most waste of space face class in existence. Seeing as how we had two hunter decks as tier one for the end of the last expack it seemed like a good idea to buff one of them even more?! There are so many interesting cards this expansion and they are all going to waste do to the complete BS OPness of spell hunter and quest hunter. how is it ever a good balanced game when your opponent needs zero friggen minions?! There is virtually no counter to spells in the entire game save two cards for mage.Wiedergänger3 4h
4h The reason spell hunter is jacked. Its 100% spellstone. Spellstone has got to be looked at by blizzard and nerfed. Just compare it to a couple other spellstones and you can see how out of control good it is. You can just play this on t5 if you really have to and not feel to bad about it. Still got two 3/3s for 5. Zuljin is fantastic and everything and is part of reason its plaguing ladder but hunter spellstone is insane. Decks just cant afford to take 12 damage early vs hunter and live. Paladin spellstone....This some sort of joke? Fully upgraded you get a 6/6 taunt. This is hard to upgrade as well. 3 health is quite a bit. Shaman spellstone...The only way this has ever seen play is when you make the overload giants cost 0 then you hit it with this and if you played half your deck of overload you get 3 more 8/8s. Way more set up. Way harder to pull off. Costs 7. Warrior Spellstone...So you have to play two weapons and pay 7 and you get 15/15 in stats. Weapons which cost way more than secrets. Rogue spellstone...Has anyone ever even seen this card played? I havent. This one is so painful. 3 cards to upgrade it? Seriously. Heres some food for though. You are rogue vs hunter. You actually played 6 (freakin 6) deathrattle minions and have a fully upgraded rogue spellstone. Hunter plays his fully upgraded spellstone and gets 4 guys. You play your spellstone and guess what. It doesnt even clear his board. He still has a 3/3 left. Let that sink in how bad this comparison is for rogue. Heres is my proposed solution that keeps the spellstone powerful but at least in line with other spellstones. The answer is simple. It starts summoning just one 3/3 so fully upgraded you get three instead of four. Then you could maybe even change the cost to 4 instead of 5 as this is a significant nerf.Urza39 4h
7h We need some balance changes soon The new expansion is nice and all. But I am getting tired of seeing Odd and Even decks breaking the game along with kings bane rogues and spell hunters with a near impossible to break hold on the meta. Personally kings bane rogue is just a little too strong. I think the only nerf necessary if to make the kings bane shuffle even if its broken through a spell (it technically gets destroyed so it should proc and be ripped from you hand similar to bouncing cards with voodoo doll) and it should cost 2 mana. As it is now, it is a late game and an early game weapon making it a really hard card to play around or counter because there are so many ways to fish it out of your deck. Odd and even decks need consistency breakers. I personally think that they should only gain the hero power effect until they draw their respective card. Basically it would give them a harder fall off in the late game. Spell hunter IDK how to hit. It's really hard to pinpoint the problem with the deck other than the spellstone. Maybe make it start as a single wolf instead of 2?Jefftiffy14 7h
7h How to fix Rexxar Rexxar's hero now let's you choose between one effect beast (poisonous, divine shield, battlecry, deathrattle, etc) and one with pure stats and no effects. No longer bull!@#$ beasts with rush and poisonous or poisonous and divine shield.Weyer3 7h
8h Infinite Armor Pacifist Shudderwock ... is the most obnoxious thing I've ever seen. A youtube video demonstration, for the uninitiated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST74fKbSMkE By generating armor at a potentially exponential rate and freezing the entire enemy board, it guarantees an eventual fatigue win. If played out, doing so would almost certainly take longer than a full day in real time. Which means that the win condition is actually trolling the opponent into clicking "Concede"... Which means that the win condition is actually being more patient/having more time to waste than your opponent. That seems like bad game design to me. I'm currently staying connected to this game on my phone (the infinite chain started some 30 minutes ago) and drawing out each turn to its maximum length to make the experience as unpleasant for the other guy as it is for me in hopes of dissuading him from running this deck. I mean, c'mon, if you didn't even have the decency to run a lifedrinker? Someone patch this thing. If there were a maximum game time for Hearthstone games after which any game is declared a stalemate, it would fix this issue without having to meticulously rebalance Shudderwock.Shirum29 8h
8h Let's Nerf everything All I see is people saying nerf this nerf that or this is too Op thats too OP. If this were the case then decks would have way more than 50 to 60% win rates. There's always a way to win. Sure it may not be easy and it sucks to lose but geez people. Everyone wants everything nerfed. Some decks and classes perform better against others. It sucks but that's the nature of the game. If you watch enough tournament play you can get great insight into the decks and even how to beat em. Screaming nerf doesnt help. I hate the corrupted blood legendary card(cant rememeber the name off the top of my head)but i wouldn't never call for a nerf. If you lose then find out how and why you lost and adjust your strategy. Instead of complaining. Again not being rude but losing is just as much a part of this game as winning. Even streamers have to alter their decks and take loses. Seems to me most people are lacking in some part of the game. Either playing or deck building. Do not always assume its the power of the card that beat you. It could be you and not the card but no one likes admitting that.DillDoh10 8h
9h Sooooo Many Legendary Minions (shudder Shaman) Tossed together this version of Shudderwock Shaman for when I feel like playing non-Even Shaman. So many legendary cards in Shaman right now o.O ### Da' Wicked One Mon # Class: Shaman # Format: Standard # Year of the Raven # # 2x (1) Glacial Shard # 1x (1) Lightning Bolt # 1x (2) Prince Keleseth # 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain # 1x (3) Bog Slosher # 1x (3) Electra Stormsurge # 2x (3) Far Sight # 1x (3) Healing Rain # 2x (3) Lightning Storm # 2x (3) Mana Tide Totem # 1x (3) Zentimo # 2x (4) Hex # 2x (4) Lifedrinker # 2x (4) Saronite Chain Gang # 2x (4) Tidal Surge # 2x (5) Volcano # 1x (6) Grumble, Worldshaker # 1x (6) Krag'wa, the Frog # 1x (8) Hagatha the Witch # 1x (9) Shudderwock # AAECAaoICvkDnOICq+cC8+cCp+4C7/cCmfsCi4UDy4UDwYkDCoEE9QT+BbIG+wyXwQLHwQKxxAKbywLv8QIA FYI on interaction w/ Krog'wa Casting Electra + Spell does not allow Krog'wa to give you 2 spells back =(Lykotic0 9h
9h Trying a Different Approach to Odd Paladin Wondering if this would be a more viable option for the standard Odd Paladin Netdeck. I'm still playing around with it, but I'll explain my reasoning so far. I took out 1 Stonehill Defender. Aside from the benefit of having a Taunt, the Odd Paladin usually uses a Stonehill Defender to look for Tarim or Tirion. If you don't get it on the first Defender and don't immediately have the second one in your hand or at the top of your Deck, then you are losing too much tempo. I took out Prince Liam for a Witch's Cauldron. I went pretty in-depth on the last post I made about Prince Liam, but I'll state it again. The whole benefit of having Liam is that if you are (regrettably) dealt a bad hand and don't immediately concede, then it will probably be Turn 3/4 before you've caught up, meaning you've lost a lot of Tempo and your opponent might have a pretty dominant board presence. So, Liam tries to turn this around by changing those 1's into Legendaries to add a bit of pressure for your opponent. However, you have no idea what Legendaries you are going to get and whether they will respond well with an already well-synergized Deck. They're also in your Deck, not in your hand, which means you still have to wait for them. Now, before I get to the Cauldron, the Odd Paladin is kind of like the Zoolock's half-brother. You're putting a lot of pressure on the board and making a lot of board trades with the intent on winning before your opponent hits the later stages. With the Cauldron, you don't just play it at the end of your turn because then your opponent will just immediately respond to it. You play the Cauldron when you have a large array of Minions and have the ability of making some trades. Congratulations, you've just cleared off most of what was on your opponent's side of the board and have been handed some Shaman spells (in your hand). Now you aren't actually waiting for a Legendary in your Deck, you have some tools at your disposal to immediately respond to your opponent. Third, I swapped a Vinecleaver for Leeroy. This is pretty self-explanitory, but with a Blessing of Might and an Unidentified Maul equipped, you have the capability of landing Leeroy with 11-12 Damage on your opponent. Anyways, I was wondering what the community thought of this? I'm still playing around with it but I'm open to ideas. ### Odd Paladin # Class: Paladin # Format: Standard # Year of the Raven # # 2x (1) Acherus Veteran # 2x (1) Argent Squire # 2x (1) Blessing of Might # 2x (1) Fire Fly # 2x (1) Lost in the Jungle # 2x (1) Righteous Protector # 1x (3) Divine Favor # 2x (3) Raid Leader # 1x (3) Stonehill Defender # 2x (3) Unidentified Maul # 1x (3) Witch's Cauldron # 1x (5) Chief Inspector # 2x (5) Fungalmancer # 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins # 2x (5) Level Up! # 2x (7) Corridor Creeper # 1x (7) Stormwind Champion # 1x (7) Vinecleaver # 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater # AAECAZ8FCK8EpwXxBZvCAoPHAuLyAu73Ap74AgtG9QX5CuvCArjHAuPLApXOAvvTAtHhAtblArXmAgA= # # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone # Generated by HDT - https://hsdecktracker.netMesden2 9h
10h ITT: Say your most OP deck Explanations will be disregarded as salt. Simple. What deck is the worst?Goramier9 10h
10h I had my reservations But Master's Call and Springpaw are actually pretty damn good cards. They're pretty much exactly what non-secret hunter needed at the moment.EBSnike4 10h
10h Add 2v2 Does anyone else think that 2v2 would be so much fun. The turns could rotate and mana could go up once the turns reaches your teams side.Lamman274 10h
11h Hunter is the new druid With multiple top-tier viable decks right now (deathrattle, spell, secret, odd) and two of the strongest heroes in the game (rexxar, zul'jin) below rank 10 right now is all hunter all day. The idea of building a deck to counter all the hunters is a great idea, but the decks that are strong against the more mid-range (control lock, odd mage) versions, die to the rush versions. It's of course still very early in the expansions, but I'm really worried about where the meta is going. It's starting to feel like druidstone when spreading plague was released. The strongest card that is really keeping hunter top-tier right now is absolutely rexxar, but that's the issue, there's no real effective way of nerfing rexxar, because as a hunter main myself, I think I'd still play it if it was 8-9 mana. simply because of how powerful it becomes late game in almost any matchup. Thoughts?Xombo25 11h
11h Reasonable QOL request: speed up Zentimo's animation One deck that legendary feats in nicely is evolve Shaman, but playing Unstable Evolution with him is incredibly clunky as the animation just takes too long before you can use the spell again.Clockwise3 11h
12h Odd Jana'lai BSM w/ secrets. This is better than it looks. ### Odd Mage # Class: Mage # Format: Standard # Year of the Raven # # 2x (1) Arcane Artificer # 2x (1) Daring Fire-Eater # 2x (1) Glacial Shard # 1x (3) Arcane Intellect # 2x (3) Black Cat # 1x (3) Counterspell # 2x (3) Explosive Runes # 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze # 1x (3) Ironbeak Owl # 2x (3) Pyromaniac # 1x (3) Vaporize # 2x (3) Voodoo Doll # 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon # 2x (5) Blast Wave # 2x (5) Dragon's Fury # 2x (7) Flamestrike # 1x (7) Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk # 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater # 1x (9) Dragoncaller Alanna # 1x (9) Frost Lich Jaina # AAECAf0ECnGeAqICqwTTxQKb0wLD6gKj6wKe+AKohwMK7AeXwQKP0wLX4QKW5AK38QK9+gKkhwOmhwPNiQMA # # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone Oh my gosh, some of the ways people change their play when blast wave gives you secrets, xD Then, you're a secret mage too. You get all kinds of interesting disruption. Draw a bunch of cards, do the Jana'lai, Zola doesn't always hit Jana'lai, depending on the match up. But, when something is more important to Zola than Jana'lai, you need a creative solution and that is that. Play FLJ before Jana'lai if you can, so that Rag heals you for 8. That didn't do the trick? Drop a Dragoncaller Alanna and run em over! Explosive runes is great for disrupting Hunter too. Hehehe...Emrakul1 12h
12h Spell hunter weapon. Does anyone think a spell hunter deck would be viable without the weapon? I have everything needed except the weapon, but if you dont run it, then theres little point in not including minions in your deck, and the whole idea falls apart.Trevster6 12h
12h Tempo Elemental Mage Hello good peoples, I wanted to share this Tempo Elemental Mage deck I made. Has a 62% WR over 25 games so far. I initially tried the secret package in here, but it doesn't mesh well with Elementals. You just want to snowball the minions, you almost never want to break the chain. Turn 2 Water Elemental is great, and Leyline is good for swing turns, discounting Glyph and Pyros. A lot of fun. (0) Elemental Evocation x2 (1) Fire Fly x2 (2) Frostbolt x2 (2) Primordial Glyph x2 (2) Pyros (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice x2 (3) Arcane Intellect x2 (3) Nightmare Amalgam x2 (4) Fire Plume Phoenix (4) Fireball x2 (4) Leyline Manipulator x2 (4) Scorch x2 (4) Steam Surger (4) Water Elemental x2 (5) Bonfire Elemental (6) Arcanosaur x2 (7) Blazecaller x2Continuum2 12h
13h Why is shutterwock not nerfed? There is zero counter to this dumb deck....This reminded me why I rarely play this game. Its unbalanced and completely dumb. A deck should always have a counter.....this one doesn't because of all the board control it also has.... honestly....Bazeleel6 13h
14h houndmaster shaw (rant) Why is this a 3/6 and not a 3/5. Makes no sense to pay absolutely nothing for giving all your minions rush. Opponent did play it in arena on t4. I would have won if only it had 5 hp but as it was there was no way for me to remove it. But its not about arena,also for standard. Why is this 3/6? makes no sense at all.Rassy8 14h
14h Prime Game Time You all heard it here first, the best time to queue Hearthstone is midday.AnimeFood4 14h