Hearthstone on Mac blurry for everyone

Mac Technical Support
Yes I am having this problem too. I have to adjust the graphic settings every time when I start the game for them to not be blurry. I am looking through these forums because I just got a brand new iMac computer and Hearthstone still runs with a bit of a lag, it's not as smooth as I see in other videos. I can't figure out why. I did transfer my files from my old Mac to my new one, so I am wondering if somehow some bad files got transferred too? However I don't understand what all the Hearthstone and Battlenet folders on my computer mean and I can't find any useful guides on them, I'm not sure if there is something I could delete, or maybe do a full uninstall and reinstall? Any help would be appreciated. I really just want to enjoy Hearthstone with smooth graphics and I thought a brand new computer would do so but apparently not.
Same problem here...
The same problem for me, running HearthStone on an 21.5" iMac, every time I open the game I have to manually adjust resolution. It's annoying...
I find it quite shocking that this still has not been fixed! First reports of these bug came in like 10 patches ago...
I've experimented and I think this works, although it leads to a pretty glitchy startup

- Start the game and go to options
- Disable full screen
- cmd + F to get to full screen

Now after you quit the game and start it again, it'll flicker when starting up, but starts up with the correct resolution.

Also make sure you don't switch to a different application during startup, it makes it windowed and glitches your application bar.

-- This seems to get messed up if you restart battle.net
-- So, not a really good solution

This works for me, but I'm not sure if I'm going to use it, considering it's really glitchy
10/23/2015 10:35 AMPosted by cycledance
Everyone i've talked to has this on mac since the switch to unity 5.

it's a fixable bug but blizzard won't acknowledge or fix it. (like almost all mac bugs)

how to fix it yourself: after the game starts go to settings and select and choose the already set resolution. you have to do this every time you start hearthstone.

the difference: http://imgur.com/mn7UQE2
(click on the picture to see it in 100% size)

almost 3 years and this issue still remains

mac needs some love
Since a few weeks ago, I cannot fix this problem anymore. Has to stay in windowed mode, otherwise the game stays blurry.
Hovering over the taskbar above makes the screen clear again, but drops the blur if not, making black shadows appear on certain buttons on the layout for a moment.

Can someone help me with a fix?

The mac support is abysmal, btw, I can't believe how ignored we're all are.