Your idea on an early game minion for priest

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Bump because Priest class best class. Rip 2015-2016.
legendary 1 mana 3/3
battlecry: deal 15 damage to your hero and your current hp becomes your max hp. gain a new hero power

1 mana hero power: increase your max health by 1
1 mana
2 attack
3 defence
Deathrattle: Restore 5 health to your opponent.
perhaps this game needs less good early game cards, not more
Black Adder 2 mana
1/3
Destroy any minion damaged by this minion.
11/02/2016 02:08 AMPosted by Neeblis
perhaps this game needs less good early game cards, not more

He's right you know !

But, well... Blizzard, so...
How about 2 mana 2/1
deathrattle: summon two lightwardens
1 cost 1/1 minion

Anytime this minion is targeted by a healing effect, gain +1/+1
A 2 cost 1/3 Heal all friendly minions for 1 health at the end of your turn. Inspire - Double its effect this turn.

Giving them flexibility in playing self damage minions. Not to mention opening up more self damage cards that could be created.

2 cost 2/3 - Battlecry heal a minion 2 health if successful gain +1/+1.

2 cost 2/3 - If this minion takes damage heal itself for 2 health. (The heal applies after the damage taken so if it would take 3 damage it just dies)

2 cost 2/1 - Deathrattle - Heal all friendly minions 1 health, deal 1 damage to all enemy minions.
11/01/2016 08:54 PMPosted by Flame
I'd like a 2 mana 2/3 Battlecry: Discover a spell.

This would help combat the Priest's spells being so situational - you can Discover one and choose based on the matchup.

Cards like Shadow Madness that are borderline (and even terrible cards like Mass Dispel) can be VERY useful in the right situation, especially when you don't have to actually include them in your deck.

I would love a spell discovery minion in priest , perhaps something like discover a shadow spell, so shadow words pain and death, shadow madness, shadowform, embrace the shadows, shadow word horror, plus maybe add another shadow spell in the expansion.

I feel this would be really flavourful, while as Flame says , would help to make our conditional removal more effective.

Also more graveyard interaction would be cool. No other class has anyway to interact with dead minions, it would be an interesting direction to take the class, maybe a 2 mana 2/2, when this minion dies it becomes a 7/7, giving you an early play that gets a body on the board and can be rezzed to great effect!

I still think a 2 or 3 mana pacifism spell that reduces all minions to zero attack for a turn is well overdue, would give priests more stall and could have great combo potential with shadow word horror, cabal shadow priest or even confuse!! and i know Blizzard like releasing new cards that reinvigorate existing ones.

So many cool ideas in this thread alone, there's no excuse for cards like pompous Thesbian being released!
11/02/2016 05:39 AMPosted by megajeff
11/01/2016 08:54 PMPosted by Flame
I'd like a 2 mana 2/3 Battlecry: Discover a spell.

This would help combat the Priest's spells being so situational - you can Discover one and choose based on the matchup.

Cards like Shadow Madness that are borderline (and even terrible cards like Mass Dispel) can be VERY useful in the right situation, especially when you don't have to actually include them in your deck.

I would love a spell discovery minion in priest , perhaps something like discover a shadow spell, so shadow words pain and death, shadow madness, shadowform, embrace the shadows, shadow word horror, plus maybe add another shadow spell in the expansion.

I feel this would be really flavourful, while as Flame says , would help to make our conditional removal more effective.

Also more graveyard interaction would be cool. No other class has anyway to interact with dead minions, it would be an interesting direction to take the class, maybe a 2 mana 2/2, when this minion dies it becomes a 7/7, giving you an early play that gets a body on the board and can be rezzed to great effect!

I still think a 2 or 3 mana pacifism spell that reduces all minions to zero attack for a turn is well overdue, would give priests more stall and could have great combo potential with shadow word horror, cabal shadow priest or even confuse!! and i know Blizzard like releasing new cards that reinvigorate existing ones.

So many cool ideas in this thread alone, there's no excuse for cards like pompous Thesbian being released!

This would probably be too good as a 2/3 discover a spell. A 2/2 would probably be balanced. Knowing blizzard and my overwhelming cynicism on the subject, they would probably make it a 1/2 or a 1/1
10/31/2016 10:23 PMPosted by StoicPaladin
2 mana 1/12

Whenever a source would deal damage to you or another minion you control, prevent one of it.

Wouldn't this just put inner fire into decks for a 3 mana 12/12 or worse a 5 mana 24/24 ?
11/02/2016 06:01 AMPosted by ShadowMike
10/31/2016 10:23 PMPosted by StoicPaladin
2 mana 1/12

Whenever a source would deal damage to you or another minion you control, prevent one of it.

Wouldn't this just put inner fire into decks for a 3 mana 12/12 or worse a 5 mana 24/24 ?

To create a space where you could play with +health to minions, even higher health minions, etc. I think we'd need to change both Inner Fire and Divine Spirit:

-- Inner Fire could be analogous to Power Word: Shield ... +2 attack and draw a card would add a whisker of deck consistency assuming the card synergizes with decks & minions.

-- Divine Spirit could be changed similar to the Druid Spell Mark of the Wild ... Give a creature +1/+3 and Taunt.

This would probably be too good as a 2/3 discover a spell. A 2/2 would probably be balanced. Knowing blizzard and my overwhelming cynicism on the subject, they would probably make it a 1/2 or a 1/1

I don't know if that's cynical babbling book, museum curator, Dark peddler are in that range, Etheral conjurer is an anomolay yes, in a rich get richer sense but even he only has 3 health. So yeah you may be right but it fits fairly into how they design things.
Paletress' Handmaiden
Type: Priest Specific Minion
Quality: Epic
Cost: 2
Stats: 3/2
Effect: Battlecry: Discover a legendary minion and add it to your deck.

How about that?
No! Just no!

1 mana 2/3s are just so overpowered against Aggro decks. Has anyone played against Zombie Chow ever?

I lost so many games on the first few turns because of that card combined with Deathlord. Back when GvG was popular, the ladder played out like Rock, Paper & Scissors when Control decks packed so much Aggro hate and lost to Midrange because they couldn't deal with bigger minions effectively. Granted, the ladder had this apparent balance. But the games felt so pointless when the outcome was this obvious.

For example: "Turn 1 Zombie Chow, GG".

You have to turn away from this deck archetype mentality and focus on build-around cards instead.
4 min ago
(Edited)
Paletress' Handmaiden
Type: Priest Specific Minion
Quality: Epic
Cost: 2
Stats: 3/2
Effect: Battlecry: Discover a legendary minion and add it to your deck.

How about that?

Interesting in a fun deck but not a good card. Priest usually loses from being out tempo'd lack of big lategame threats is not usually a problem. a 2 mana 3/2 doesn't help tempo, and the battlecry would be a drawback in most games.

Priests have a hard enough time searching through their decks for the correct situational removal or combo card without adding random legendaries in there to clog up our hand and waste our draw.
11/02/2016 07:04 AMPosted by JeanBombeur
No! Just no!

1 mana 2/3s are just so overpowered against Aggro decks. Has anyone played against Zombie Chow ever?

I lost so many games on the first few turns because of that card combined with Deathlord. Back when GvG was popular, the ladder played out like Rock, Paper & Scissors when Control decks packed so much Aggro hate and lost to Midrange because they couldn't deal with bigger minions effectively. Granted, the ladder had this apparent balance. But the games felt so pointless when the outcome was this obvious.

For example: "Turn 1 Zombie Chow, GG".

You have to turn away from this deck archetype mentality and focus on build-around cards instead.

I hate to break it to you but aggro decks are not supposed to be the 'go to' deck for winning a match. A healthy meta is where every class has a viable midrange and control deck and aggro is a niche surprise tactic if your opponent has made his deck a bit too greedy.
Statue of Remembrance
0 Mana
4/4
Cannot Attack.
11/01/2016 03:41 PMPosted by StorminMike
2-mana 2/3.

On your opponent's turn, whenever a friendly minion takes damage, evenly distribute the damage between all friendly characters.

Rounding up?
I think maybe "randomly distribute" would be more Hearthstoney.
lol ;)