If Priest get buffed and become popular on ladder then this game is done.

Play Mode Discussion
I've had a 180° attitude swing with Priest. I like fast agro decks for the most part. In the early days priests were my bane.

But, as the game and my xp has evolved I've really come to like the HS priest. So many fun little things you can do with their class cards.

The games can get very long though, specially since Prince Malechzaar.

I'm pretty sure though that agro will always be around and popular speeding things up for the OP.
11/02/2016 08:47 AMPosted by Steinfield
Yes, cause that's the most efficient Priest at this moment, and it's a fun+exclusive gameplay.

It may be efficient but I also contend that it's not great for the game as is. Either the Priest draws well and likely wins or the Priest likely loses. The other person & deck don't come into play as much as they should.

While Resurrect & IBM could be a nice tool I'm not sure it should be the [only?] option for a semi-competitive Priest. A better Shadow Priest ; a Priest with a LOT more inspire and/or healing synergies ; a better Dragon Priest ; etc. would all be better for the game IMHO.

If there are resurrects it would be nice if there were more synergies with it other than IBM:

-- For example a 2 drop [maybe a 2/4?] that would gain +2/+2 if resurrected. This would add some consistency to the deck as a 4/6 resurrected minion certainly wouldn't be bad -- with a 2/4 body at 2 it might also stick long enough to trade somewhat efficiently??

-- Perhaps a new Resurrect spell could be added as 3 Mana. It resurrects as before maybe it also gives the creature some random buff.
It all depends on how it's done. A lot of the tactics priest is given is about being a giant douche. If it's more of that, then yes it would suck. Given some actual good mechanics it would be awesome to have priest strong as a class.
11/02/2016 09:11 AMPosted by Kutchek

It may be efficient but I also contend that it's not great for the game as is. Either the Priest draws well and likely wins or the Priest likely loses. The other person & deck don't come into play as much as they should.

Well that's the case for almost every control deck you know.

And well draws definitly doesn't mean probable win for priest, don't forget who we are talking about :) At best, it make you a worthy opponent :D

11/02/2016 09:11 AMPosted by Kutchek

While Resurrect & IBM could be a nice tool I'm not sure it should be the [only?] option for a semi-competitive Priest. A better Shadow Priest ; a Priest with a LOT more inspire and/or healing synergies ; a better Dragon Priest ; etc. would all be better for the game IMHO.

[/quote]

You have several choices as priest. Naming : res priest, dragon priest, control priest, nzoth priest. And even a OTK priest that works well against some specific decks.

You can have fun with them, even though you'll have at best a 40% win rate. There is quantity, not quality :D

His competitive time will come, probably...
11/02/2016 09:36 AMPosted by n25philly
It all depends on how it's done. A lot of the tactics priest is given is about being a giant douche. If it's more of that, then yes it would suck. Given some actual good mechanics it would be awesome to have priest strong as a class.

This.

Priest needs to be viable, diverse, fun to play, and [within reason] fun to play against. Sign me up right now.
11/02/2016 09:41 AMPosted by Steinfield
His competitive time will come, probably...

I hope that if / when Priest's time comes that it's done the right way. If not then the hate for Shaman, Mage in Arena, Face Hunter, etc. will be NOTHING compared to what we'll see if Priest becomes dominant in the wrong way.