Can Priests Have This Card, Please?

Play Mode Discussion
Power Word: Fortitude
3 Mana
Give a friendly minion +3/+3

Velen's Chosen was a really important card for Priest, because it gave them some proactivity. It rounded out the 3 slot which is only filled by Blackwing Technician for Dragon decks, and Injured Blademaster, who is fairly weak on his own. It gave purpose to Museum Curator's and Netherspite Historian's small bodies by allowing them to fight better.
This card would serve the same purpose. It would be different enough to justify its existence. It wouldn't be as good (let's be honest though, many of the good GVG cards were power creepy anyways), but I still think it would be in every Priest deck because the class needs a card like this one
They need a card like this:

3 mana, deal 4 damage, draw 1 card.

I wouldn't mind seeing that fortitude card either. Something to create a board presence and something to handle those annoying 4 drops with raw damage and unconditional card draw. These enormous flaws to this class make them so easy to counter, priest mirrors can easily be determined on who plays their blademaster first.
11/01/2016 09:46 PMPosted by ThinIce

I wouldn't mind seeing that fortitude card either. Something to create a board presence and something to handle those annoying 4 drops with raw damage and unconditional card draw. These enormous flaws to this class make them so easy to counter, priest mirrors can easily be determined on who plays their blademaster first.

Too overpowered. Change to 4 Mana deal 3 damage, draw a card.
That seems more like a Paladin card to me, essentially a scaled down Guardian of Kings. Perhaps 3 mana gain +1/+1 each turn would fit the Priest identity a little more than a straight up buff
team 5 dosn't even know that this forum exist, you asking in the wrong place.
11/01/2016 10:13 PMPosted by lobstermonky
That seems more like a Paladin card to me, essentially a scaled down Guardian of Kings. Perhaps 3 mana gain +1/+1 each turn would fit the Priest identity a little more than a straight up buff

That would be a classic priest card, flipping awful! Oh but think of the value if your minion lives 4 turns! when has a hearthstone minion EVER survived more than 2 turns, and they usually die immediately.

This card would essentially be 3 mana +1/+1, not good.

A decent buff spell that wasn't mysteriously a mana over priced (looking at you power word tentacles, i mean seriously 5 mana?!) would be very helpful to priest, Velen's chosen is great in wild, but i am hoping team 5 will buff the class in a more interesting way.
smite should be arcane blast
11/01/2016 10:12 PMPosted by Philantrophe

Too overpowered. Change to 4 Mana deal 3 damage, draw a card.

Even though the OP's spell is a bit much [power creepy?] I think your alternative is a bit weak even though it copies another card. 2 mana for the damage and 1 mana for the card is par for the course. Adding an extra one for the benefit of combining the cards might be a bit much.

@OP: I wouldn't care for this spell because it's flavor seems much more like a Paladin spell. I'm not saying Priest doesn't need help but I'm not sure this is the way to do it. I'd rather make it easier [and/or more consistent] to get to Shadow Form for example.

This card would be overpowered. There's Hammer of Wrath, which is 4 Mana, deal 3, and draw 1. HoW is underpowered, of course, but flipping the mana and damage makes it way too good. There's also Shadow Bolt, which iz 3 Mana and deal 4. Giving it a card draw is too much power
@OP: I wouldn't care for this spell because it's flavor seems much more like a Paladin spell. I'm not saying Priest doesn't need help but I'm not sure this is the way to do it. I'd rather make it easier [and/or more consistent] to get to Shadow Form for example

Priests are just as much of a buff bot in WoW as Paladins are, especially pre-Cataclysm. Flavor is good.
Shadow Form is bad for Priest. It adds flavor, but going into Shadow Form tosses out the reason you play Priest, which is for the healing synergy (improved board control, Northshire Cleric, Holy Champion/Lightwarden, etc). Auchenai Soulpriest and Embrace the Shadow perform similar functions, but better, because they are not permanent
This would be a bad card. It's kinda like Shade of Naxxramas, which was only used in Druid, and that was because it fit the class AND had stealth
That's a very lackluster card. If Blessing of Kings gets no play, what would make this card get any play?
11/02/2016 07:30 AMPosted by Alcone
This would be a bad card. It's kinda like Shade of Naxxramas, which was only used in Druid, and that was because it fit the class AND had stealth

I thought about that. Priest's ability to give bonus health through Power Word:Shield and to heal it up again makes it harder to clear on board, requiring a removal straight up
11/02/2016 07:28 AMPosted by Alcone
@OP: I wouldn't care for this spell because it's flavor seems much more like a Paladin spell. I'm not saying Priest doesn't need help but I'm not sure this is the way to do it. I'd rather make it easier [and/or more consistent] to get to Shadow Form for example

Priests are just as much of a buff bot in WoW as Paladins are, especially pre-Cataclysm. Flavor is good.
Shadow Form is bad for Priest. It adds flavor, but going into Shadow Form tosses out the reason you play Priest, which is for the healing synergy (improved board control, Northshire Cleric, Holy Champion/Lightwarden, etc). Auchenai Soulpriest and Embrace the Shadow perform similar functions, but better, because they are not permanent

In terms of flavor for the +3/+3 spell I intended to refer to what has been set forth already in Hearthstone as opposed to WoW. I wasn't clear with that reference though.

If Shadow Priest got synergies that went along with Shadowform we could have a whole other take on the Priest class though. Your idea may help the basic "as-is" Priest do better but I'd prefer to see an overhaul of the class and new synergies built from the ground up. Shadow Priests could be one of those synergies.
11/02/2016 02:47 PMPosted by Kutchek
Shadow Priests could be one of those synergies

I notice you have a thing for Shadow Priest atm...

https://twitter.com/Zetalot2/status/793167680295559168/photo/1

And to repeat Zetalots quote:

"Played Shadowform deck for Halloween. Turned out that it climbs better than any other list I played recently."
11/02/2016 07:28 AMPosted by Alcone

You didn't play the game at all, did you ? Because priest were absolute beast in PvP back then.
11/02/2016 03:01 PMPosted by Critcat
11/02/2016 02:47 PMPosted by Kutchek
Shadow Priests could be one of those synergies

"Played Shadowform deck for Halloween. Turned out that it climbs better than any other list I played recently."

You noticed correctly. I refer to Shadow Priest a lot because that would be one [obvious?] way Blizz could add some diversity / build new synergies / etc.

Dragon Priest, Resurrect Priest, Control Priest , "Whatever" Priest is fine by me if we get an all around better class.
This is what priests are doing.

Power Word: Concede. 0 crystal priest common spell. If your opponents deck has good cards automatically concede and make a forum post about purify.
11/02/2016 05:53 PMPosted by Kutchek
11/02/2016 03:01 PMPosted by Critcat

You noticed correctly. I refer to Shadow Priest a lot because that would be one [obvious?] way Blizz could add some diversity / build new synergies / etc.

Dragon Priest, Resurrect Priest, Control Priest , "Whatever" Priest is fine by me if we get an all around better class.

Fair enough. It just appeared you wanted a good Shadow deck, and from what I have seen of it so far it could potentially be the best Priest list currently (still underpowered in comparison to other classes though). Time will tell, I dont think it would take much from the new xpac to really boost the deck, but then again all classes get new toys...
Two mana 2/2

Battlecry: Deal 1 damage than heal 1 to target.

Anti aggro,perfect follow up to Cleric.