People who get extremely lucky draws/answers/top decks

Play Mode Discussion
There should be an algorithm against this made by Blizzard. So that youre subjected to this BS only 1-5% of the time.

As it stands, its more like 30-40%.
The skill aspect of Hearthstone lies in the player's ability to manage their resources.

What seems like a "lucky draw" to those of less skill is actually the result of good deck design.

What seems like a "good answer" to a low-skill player is actually a good player holding on to his resources and using them at the right time.

A bad player thinks that their losses are because a capricious algorithm is purposefully doling out losses when in reality they are simply getting beaten good players who manage their resources better.
11/04/2016 12:02 PMPosted by FizzyElf
There should be an algorithm against this made by Blizzard. So that youre subjected to this BS only 1-5% of the time.

No, there should not. Nobody deserves to have their luck toyed with at all.

11/04/2016 12:15 PMPosted by TheRiddler
A bad player thinks that their losses are because a capricious algorithm is purposefully doling out losses when in reality they are simply getting beaten good players who manage their resources better.

Or, more simply; scrubs blame anything but themselves.
or people put useful cards in their deck...
So you want to rig the game because you think the game is rigged?
If I'm holding "a perfect answer" and also happen to top deck "another perfect answer" I'll always play the top decked one just on the chance that they'll go on tilt.
If I'm holding "a perfect answer" and also happen to top deck "another perfect answer" I'll always play the top decked one just on the chance that they'll go on tilt.

..why?
11/04/2016 12:15 PMPosted by TheRiddler
The skill aspect of Hearthstone lies in the player's ability to manage their resources.

What seems like a "lucky draw" to those of less skill is actually the result of good deck design.

What seems like a "good answer" to a low-skill player is actually a good player holding on to his resources and using them at the right time.

Well, NOT entirely. Not even that much. Lucky draws are lucky draws. Cmon man. Terrible starting cards or bad draws are just bad draws. It's a luck thing. A diceroll. It's a card game and luck is part of the deal. Sure, build a good deck and you can mitigate some of the BS luck. But acting like you can just skill your way out of your opponent drawing Reno or their board clear when they have NO cards in hand is a bunch of crap. It's no different than juggler hitting the wrong minions, rags going face, sylvanas stealing the wrong guy, etc, etc. the list goes on forever.

Let's use the well known player Thijs as an example. He got run over like cavalry through wet paper towels at this blizzard tournament. Why? Because his draws were pretty bad and his opponents draws were great. Period. He couldn't skill his way out of it or make some clever deck. Dude got mowed down. Gg. Nothing he could have done.

Just saying.
Well, NOT entirely.

No - not entirely. We've all had those games where we've had to just sit there like a punching bag while our opponent drew perfectly every turn, had the perfect answer to your every move, and basically we were just a doormat waiting for the game to end. That happens.

But the OP claims this is happening to him 30% to 40% of the time. Blarney. If its happening that much, then the likely reason is in the mirror and not the cards.
57.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot ;)
You seem to lack a fundamental understanding of RNG and "luck". How would you even code for such a situation? You're basically saying remove the edge case RNG that is very low percentage, high impact and mellow it down to being just mediocre.

Why not remove all RNG and you get to pick the outcome for your opponent? That seems fair, right?
This game IS about 50% luck, if you got bad luck then Stop play Hearthstone dude.

If you just knew how many times I've lost cause my opponent get that ONE card that he needs exactly at that turn he needs it to not die, even though he have around 20 cards left in the deck, I thought the game was rigged when that happened so frequently and then I just accepted that they're just some lucky ones out there that just basks in the luck so let them.
Topdeck happens, deal with it or find another game. This is coming from someone who gets really salty when my opponent topdecks twice in a row.
02/12/2018 07:45 AMPosted by Buddha
This game IS about 50% luck, if you got bad luck then Stop play Hearthstone dude.

And the award for most pointless nerco so far this year goes to...
02/12/2018 07:45 AMPosted by Buddha

If you just knew how many times I've lost cause my opponent get that ONE card that he needs exactly at that turn he needs it to not die, even though he have around 20 cards left in the deck, I thought the game was rigged when that happened so frequently and then I just accepted that they're just some lucky ones out there that just basks in the luck so let them.
Dude this was from 2016 and is a stupid troll post. Come on man.
I’m assuming that the algorithm shouldn’t prevent you from getting the perfect top deck though right?
11/04/2016 02:30 PMPosted by Applesoup

..why?

Because people are dumb enough to have reactions like OP ones and that means more wins in general.
11/04/2016 05:24 PMPosted by khisana
57.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot ;)

It's more like 87.7084
If I eat gold nuggets, I'm gonna poop gold nuggets.

(you get out what you put in)

Poop examples > all