How do you prep against Aviana/Kun druids?

Play Mode Discussion
I usually end up getting stalled just enough for them to use nourish and other card draws until they're set up with enough huge creatures in hand.

Usually it's a Malygos right after Kun refreshes, but two azure drakes are pretty common as well. Doesn't feel too great getting double swiped with malygos and/or drakes on the board, with a 5/5 and 7/7 to worry about later if I even survive that.

I'm assuming the answer is playing an aggro deck and rushing them down before they get the win conditions in their hand but I don't really like that playstyle, usually avoided reds in MTG because of that.
12/25/2016 12:56 PMPosted by Kguy
the answer is playing an aggro deck and rushing them down before they get the win conditions

You have successfully answered your own question.
Like this -

https://hsreplay.net/replay/MVLyikcL6bLDJSuRK4Ccdd#turn=10b
Has there been some revelation about this deck? As far as I have seen it is pretty niche. Unless the deck just took off in the last few days it isn't something you would allocate resources for.
12/25/2016 01:10 PMPosted by ThaPhantom07
Has there been some revelation about this deck? As far as I have seen it is pretty niche. Unless the deck just took off in the last few days it isn't something you would allocate resources for.

It's more common in unranked. Combo and control always are, because that's where people go to escape aggro.

TS only tech I've seen work against them are dirty rat and bran combos. IF you can pull out Aviana you win. Reno mage with ice block can weather the storm too.
What deck do you prefer? Just play some !@#$ on the board force Druid to remove it awkwardly so they can't gain enough tempo to play minions nor draw card.

The full combo is like 4-5 cards it isn't easy to survive long enough as Druid.
12/25/2016 12:59 PMPosted by TumblingDT
the answer is playing an aggro deck and rushing them down before they get the win conditions

You have successfully answered you own question.

"you own question", huh? In my experience, most people with as many posts as yourself tend to spit out curt, meaningless replies to people without thinking much beyond "Ha, I got another one today. I'm a genius".

Switching to aggro is not preparation, it's a band-aid, a temporary solution. Unless you honestly think it is reasonable to constantly remain to one specific play style on the off chance that your opponent will be running a specific deck type.
12/25/2016 05:13 PMPosted by Kguy
Switching to aggro is not preparation, it's a band-aid, a temporary solution. Unless you honestly think it is reasonable to constantly remain to one specific play style on the off chance that your opponent will be running a specific deck type.

Its a combo deck. You beat them the same way you beat all combo decks; beat them before they assemble all their combo pieces. If you cant do that then you are going to have a hard time beating them. That doesn't necessarily mean aggro deck, but yes the slower your deck the more favoured most combo decks become. You might not like that answer but its simply the truth.
12/25/2016 02:54 PMPosted by Mike90
12/25/2016 01:10 PMPosted by ThaPhantom07

It's more common in unranked. Combo and control always are, because that's where people go to escape aggro.

[/quote]

news to me
I usually end up getting stalled just enough for them to use nourish and other card draws until they're set up with enough huge creatures in hand.

Usually it's a Malygos right after Kun refreshes, but two azure drakes are pretty common as well. Doesn't feel too great getting double swiped with malygos and/or drakes on the board, with a 5/5 and 7/7 to worry about later if I even survive that.

I'm assuming the answer is playing an aggro deck and rushing them down before they get the win conditions in their hand but I don't really like that playstyle, usually avoided reds in MTG because of that.

A good solution is to play pirate warrior.

Then put "gorehowl" in the deck, replacing something like mortal blow.

This will make your deck "less aggro" and "more control/mid-range"

this is how you kill these kind of decks without playing aggro.

You can also put AOE's like brawl which will make your deck less agroey and still beat out those decks
You kill them on turn 4 as anyone else lol, its a no brainer...
Step 1: Play Warrior
Step 2: +30 Armor
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!
<span class="truncated">...</span>
You have successfully answered you own question.

"you own question", huh? In my experience, most people with as many posts as yourself tend to spit out curt, meaningless replies to people without thinking much beyond "Ha, I got another one today. I'm a genius".

How is using an aggro deck a temporary solution? Aggro decks beat late game combo decks. And there is always a cheesy aggro deck in every meta. And aggro isn't bad in this meta anyway.
Right now all I'm hearing is "I'm losing to a deck and I don't like the easy, obvious solution" which is just pathetic. You wanted an answer, and you got it.
And you can call off your spelling !@#$ dogs. I edited my original post with the obvious typo. Don't act like such a child.
12/25/2016 05:26 PMPosted by McDowell
12/25/2016 02:54 PMPosted by Mike90

news to me[/quote]

Well different people seem to have different metas, but I see much less aggro in unranked than I do on the ladder.
I climbed from rank 12 to 5 with Aviana Kun Malygos, and was almost exclusively seeing highlander priests. But then I hit a few renolocks, and dirty rat would draw a critical card like Aviana or Kun, which rendered the rest of the deck weak.

PW also causes Kun Malygos to play their spells early, and without spells Malygos is just a 4/12 body.
I see the c'thun version more commonly than the malygos version, but reno mage can handle both fairly decently, ice block stops them from otking you, and then you just reno + frost nova, and following turn play the Kazakus 10 mana potion that transforms everything to sheeps, they usually concede after that.
The best idea i came with is Fluffy fire rune turn 8 (Mage). Aviana will take 6 to the face as she show up and die. Or use 2 dirty rats ans cross your fingers
10/07/2018 01:38 AMPosted by WarDrumz
The best idea i came with is Fluffy fire rune turn 8 (Mage). Aviana will take 6 to the face as she show up and die. Or use 2 dirty rats ans cross your fingers

troll necro
dirty rat, Ancestor call, Demonic project, deathlord, potion of polimorph and Expolive runes are the only ways to destroy that deck, you must be lucky but it is the only way.