Kalimos, Primal Lord

Play Mode Discussion
03/21/2017 03:40 PMPosted by GhostDog
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/844313193988014080

Cheers ;)
Its another stupid auto include card for a shaman deck btw. After a week it'll be nothing but turn 8 Kalimos drops when fighting shamans.
Ahh good it was confirmed that you can choose. That makes this a really nice synergy card. The healing alone is good enough to justify playing this.

Of course it is still an 8 mana card that doesn't kill your opponent when you play it. The meta will have to slow down from what we have now.
It's officially amazing! You get to chose.
When I first read it I thought you get ALL of the 4 effects going off at once, and even then I thought it was trash. But, turns out you only get to choose ONE. Laughably bad. 400 dust.
Looks decent from play on curve perspective.
03/21/2017 03:27 PMPosted by Teelo
Its Shaman, I doubt it'd be choose. Thats a Druid thing.

Maybe it depends on the type of elemental you played last turn? And if you played more than one, they use the first/last one you played.

I like this idea! Puts skill into use and choices into players hands.
So shamans can do whatever the hell they want packed in one single card, but rogues and hunters aren't allowed to have healing?
03/21/2017 03:50 PMPosted by Mick
When I first read it I thought you get ALL of the 4 effects going off at once, and even then I thought it was trash. But, turns out you only get to choose ONE. Laughably bad. 400 dust.

Are you nuts? The utility of this card is awesome!

Air = a better Abyssal Enforcer
Earth = 8M -1/-1 Onyxia
Water = a 7/7 + Greater Healing Potion, 4M 7/7 returns!
Fire = well, yeah, this one will barely ever be chosen.

I could easily see uses for it in almost any game state.

What the hell is your threshold for "good"??
This card does everything. Control, Aggro, Face. The only "weakness" is that it doesn't draw.

Let me guess, rank 25 player?
8 mana? PW killed you 3 turns ago sucka.
I'm pretty upset by this. I was worried when they announced how the elemental gimmick will work that the game could become even more about tempo and just playing by the numbers and hitting your drops, and now we know shaman will at very least have 6 mana elemental deal 3, 7 mana elemental fill the board with taunt for days, 8 mana elemental "this will never be the wrong thing to play on turn 8." and they probably will have lower elemental curves possible to go ibto that, because I shaman.

I'm actually worried. Not because it's shaman, but in general because I don't want the entire metagame to be just tempo and aggro decks and these mechanics are built almost expressly for that. The game should be much more than just win if you rip your curve, lose if you don't.
its like kazakus-lite
Sounds like a solid legendary to me.

We'll see how viable and more importantly RELIABLE the whole elemental mechanic turns out to be. Cards like this make the assumption you'll be running 9 or so elementals (basing this one dragon priest builds) in your deck and that you are willing to hold off playing one off curve to drop down a kicker card like this.

That's a lot of potential sacrifices to consider for a strong legendary card.

If elementals prove to be legit then this is a top tier card. If they are genuinely a sacrifice just to make this card work then this is just trash tier. That's all common sense really but its tough to analyze a card like this without the entire spoiler released.

I'll just go on a limb and assume this card will not be a chase card. Too much going against it especially in a class known more for its aggro and midrange than its control decks.
Fire is so trash compared to the other options.

You have Hellfire that doesn't hit friendlies or faces, so about 5 mana value.
You have Onyxia-effect, so probably 3-5 mana depending on board and if you have Bloodlust
You have 2 holy-lights that don't take a card, so roughly 4 and 1/2 mana value

and then you have 6 damage to face. Fireball can hit any target and counts as a spell ( Mana Wyrm, Mana Addict etc ) for 4 mana. So Fire is MAXIMUM 3 mana.

besides, the decks that run 8 mana non-finishers typicaly aren't looking for SMOrc.

This card is busted overpowered btw. All effects give you at least 9 mana value for 8 mana, up to a maximum of 11 mana value for 8 mana
03/21/2017 04:44 PMPosted by Loyal
This card is busted overpowered btw. All effects give you at least 9 mana value for 8 mana, up to a maximum of 11 mana value for 8 mana

Tirion gives you around 14 mana value. Decent class legendaries always give way more value than their cost.
This card is going to make me so tilted.

So Shaman gets a new board clear!? I am sure that everyone's thinking: "Shaman really needs more board clears and removal"

I like interacting with the board and making hard-decisions about going face or trading. With Shaman you can just wipe the board 7 times and not have to think about it. It's so interactive.
03/21/2017 04:12 PMPosted by DamnGunner
8 mana? PW killed you 3 turns ago sucka.

Not really.

Shaman is the class with enough AoE's + recovery already included in their meta decks.