Packs are rigged

Community Discussion
With the amount of complaints it's safe to say something fishy is going on. A bug? Or did they deliberately rigg the packs? Will they release a fix? Should I wait with opening my packs?
04/07/2017 01:54 AMPosted by Mefisto
With the amount of complaints it's safe to say something fishy is going on. A bug? Or did they deliberately rigg the packs? Will they release a fix? Should I wait with opening my packs?

It's RNG at it's finest. I watched a big streamer dump cash into HS. He started opening packs, no Legendary card in sight. Not until 45 packs or so. I came back to his stream hours later and he decided to jump on his F2P account. Spent gold, picked up about 65 packs. Started to open packs and by pack 29 he had 2 Legendary cards already.
It's not about pull rates but about the amount of duplicates people are receiving. Statistically it's a very little chance to happen. But it is happening to everyone to the point the forums are flooded with complaints. There is a good thread on reddit with 7k upvotes where someone did the math. There's something worng without a doubt.
Then why aren't you in that thread?! o.o Oh and where is this huge thread?
04/07/2017 02:03 AMPosted by Mefisto
It's not about pull rates but about the amount of duplicates people are receiving. Statistically it's a very little chance to happen. But it is happening to everyone to the point the forums are flooded with complaints. There is a good thread on reddit with 7k upvotes where someone did the math. There's something worng without a doubt.

Complaint on the forums or reddit are proof of nothing and upvotes of people who want more legendaries out of their packs mean even less. People love to claim that it's statistically impossible of X when it's not. Every time a card is pulled it has the same odds as any other card, the fact that you had it or not means nothing.
04/07/2017 02:05 AMPosted by WSanity

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/63xgsj/no_joke_blizzard_actively_censoring_discussion_of/
No, the number of duplicates is actually worrying, a good number of people are getting weird large amounts of duplicates on their cards.

I thought it might be just luck at the beginning and people crying to get more packs, then I was browsing youtube, randomly opened a video showing the legendaries kripp obtained : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwOvidQMoxk

Lyra -> 2nd Lyra -> Sherazin -> Umbra -> Tyrantus -> 2nd Sherazin -> 2nd Umbra -> Fire Plume's Heart -> 2nd Fire Plume's Heart -> Dred -> 3rd Lyra -> 3rd Umbra (Golden) -> Elise -> Zavas -> Jungle Giants -> 2nd Zavas -> Ozruk.

When he was at 12 legendaries (up to to 3rd Umbra), he had 3 Lyras, 3 Umbras, 2 Sherazins and 2 Fire Plume's Heart. That means 6 unique legendaries in the 12 opened.

That's when I started feeling that this might not be just luck after all.
90% sure it's a bug, in this packs you have higher chance of getting a golden,but lower for legendary.
I've now opened 73 packs so that's 365 cards.
I have 190 cards which can be disenchanted (all from this expansion).
Is this normal to have over 50% of my cards be duplicates (over 2 copies)?
It looks like for Un'Goro, the first few packs you open set which cards you will open again and again and again. I opened 58 packs and I'm missing lots of commons and rares, with the first few cards I opened being re-opened many times. Is anyone else getting similar results? Pack openings used to be a lot more spread out.
04/07/2017 03:36 AMPosted by Facey

Yes. Yes it's normal. There are only 98 commons in the whole expansion and most of the cards we get from packs are commons. They are the most... common. I had 90 of them after 40 packs. How many commons are you missing? How are you surprised you get duplicates? And as you will keep getting packs, get what, it will be mostly duplicates of commons and rares you already have.

04/07/2017 03:41 AMPosted by JesseGunn
It looks like for Un'Goro, the first few packs you open set which cards you will open again and again and again. I opened 58 packs and I'm missing lots of commons and rares, with the first few cards I opened being re-opened many times. Is anyone else getting similar results? Pack openings used to be a lot more spread out.

40 packs, 90 out of 98 commons, 42 out of 72 rares, 6 epics and 1 legendary. I got a metric !@#$ ton of common dupes but... that's to be expected. I have a few extra rares but nothing big really.

Hell feel free to look for yourself:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/Irealys/collection

keep in mind after the 40 packs I crafted the mage quest, Elize the trailblaizer and Explore Un'Goro so these 3 cards were not from the original 40 packs.
04/07/2017 02:56 AMPosted by Mefisto
04/07/2017 02:05 AMPosted by WSanity

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/63xgsj/no_joke_blizzard_actively_censoring_discussion_of/

Oh that place I never go... is that why the official forums are so dead?! Gosh. Thanx for the link, I will check it out.
04/07/2017 01:58 AMPosted by WSanity
04/07/2017 01:54 AMPosted by Mefisto

It's RNG at it's finest. I watched a big streamer dump cash into HS. He started opening packs, no Legendary card in sight. Not until 45 packs or so. I came back to his stream hours later and he decided to jump on his F2P account. Spent gold, picked up about 65 packs. Started to open packs and by pack 29 he had 2 Legendary cards already.

Thays not the rng though ive had 2 legendary cards in the space of 30 classic pack's and 1 of those was a golden. Yey ive opened 58 ungorro packs and got 1 legendary. I will say one thing though the golden common/rare card's frequency has drastically increased.

Out of all the new cards available and opening 58 packs i have gained 96 "new" cards 1 of them legendary

Out of 58 packs you get 290 cards!!!!! That means i gained near as dam it 200 duplicates

For £42 what a crock of !@#$
Yes they pushed a button and poof .003% chance on getting a legendary. I would guess this is the norm for this crooked @ss company.
04/07/2017 03:36 AMPosted by Facey

Yes. Yes it's normal. There are only 98 commons in the whole expansion and most of the cards we get from packs are commons. They are the most... common. I had 90 of them after 40 packs. How many commons are you missing? How are you surprised you get duplicates? And as you will keep getting packs, get what, it will be mostly duplicates of commons and rares you already have.

Mate, I asked if it was normal. I didn't say I was surprised or angry or call BS on the pack system. No need for the condescending response.
04/07/2017 03:41 AMPosted by JesseGunn

I'm getting the exact same thing.
04/07/2017 02:32 AMPosted by Irealys
04/07/2017 02:03 AMPosted by Mefisto

Complaint on the forums or reddit are proof of nothing and upvotes of people who want more legendaries out of their packs mean even less. People love to claim that it's statistically impossible of X when it's not. Every time a card is pulled it has the same odds as any other card, the fact that you had it or not means nothing.

Team5 could at least ufficially announce that the claims are false, if they are, since there are so many! And of course they could announce that they will double check their rng system, since something very similar happened a few months ago! Their silence is frustrating.
To add evidence to the idea that the odds are manipulated:

Just re-installed the game after over a year of absence to try the dungeon mechanic. I recieved 6 packs right off the bat in reward for playing 3 insultingly easy AI, and in those packs I drew 4 legendaries and 2 gold cards. Unless the odds have changed a lot in 1 year, that's a blatent bait if ever I saw one to sucker in the unwary into thinking this is what buying packs will be like
Isn't it disappointing when you play $60 (opening a total sum of 100 packs with the gold you've saved up) and you get 1 legendary (the first 10 packs legendary) and the other 90 is 3 legendaries? (I got Warlock weapon in the first 10, then King Togwaggle in the next 40, then Rin the First Disciple in the next 40, then Aluneth in the next 10)
The odds are worse than ever, and people need to pay a fortune if they want to keep up with collecting epic and above.
It's like the pity timer is absolute, feels like a waste when you pay a heap and can't get a bunch.
Oh yes, within the 100 packs I've opened, I haven't got a single Crushing Walls.