How to deal with 4x Sorcerer's Apprentice

Play Mode Discussion
Am I the only one who finds this stupid?
Played several games against a Mage that manage to copy his/her Apprentice and then played infinite number of Fireballs. In my last game I had 20 armor on my warrior and still lost after he time-warped.

Any ideads about how to deal with this silliness? ?
Beat that deck before it happens or that player messes up the process. Otherwise, it is best to concede and not witness the BM play.
If you are playing control the only things I've found that help is dirty rat out antinidas and kill it or tech in an eater of secrets. It's an awful match-up and probably not worth the time
Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've not yet lost to this deck. Etched in 2 dirty rats to both taunt warrior and quest priest and it's worked out great!
Dats why its called Exodia Mage
Idk why no one mentions Flare. Sure it's one class, but that's one hell of a win con.
04/10/2017 11:50 PMPosted by Stratis
If you are playing control the only things I've found that help is dirty rat out antinidas and kill it or tech in an eater of secrets. It's an awful match-up and probably not worth the time

Great ideas. Thanks.
*Going down to Dalarans sewage to get some Rats*
:)
Hope you try draw Secret Eater fast and play it when you have lethal damage.
He will win when you have digged all your deck, he need all his deck to make the combo. So 1 eater of secrets will do the trick. Make a board, lower is life, and when the turn he rely on ice block to survive you cast eater, 100% win.
Infinite damage zero cost loop is not, ever, good design. I'm a little floored this one got by.
04/10/2017 11:50 PMPosted by Seiya
Beat that deck before it happens or that player messes up the process. Otherwise, it is best to concede and not witness the BM play.
How is pulling off your combo considered bm?
04/11/2017 12:22 AMPosted by Zalkir
Infinite damage zero cost loop is not, ever, good design. I'm a little floored this one got by.

You do realize that this "infinite damage zero cost loop" has been technically possible since the beta?
Unless the mage gets a god-like draw he is going to need to see most of his deck before he has created and cast 6 spells, plus collected his combo. So put 2 dirty rats in your deck and hang on to them till he has ~8-10 cards left. He will have almost no minions left by this stage except 2 apprentices and antonidas. All you have to do is yank one of them. You win. Exodia mage is completely unplayable against anyone that has even the vaguest idea about what is going on.
04/11/2017 12:26 AMPosted by Monlyth
04/11/2017 12:22 AMPosted by Zalkir

You do realize that this "infinite damage zero cost loop" has been technically possible since the beta?

That's about the most ignorant thing I've ever heard, you've hit a new level, gj.
Update:

1. The Dirty Rat idea was AMAZING :)
2. It also works against the Quest Rogue. I used it to stop the run for the quest on 3/4 and then won :)

Thank you again!
It's a 6-card combo (2x SA, 2x MR, AA, any 7 mana or less spell) that requires them to also complete the quest while staying alive. It is far from broken.
04/11/2017 12:32 AMPosted by MeltedWater
04/11/2017 12:26 AMPosted by Monlyth

That's about the most ignorant thing I've ever heard, you've hit a new level, gj.

Really? You've lived a very sheltered life then, my friend.
Dirty rat helps.
LOL I just won a game vs one of these mages with an Abomination that I got from Stonehill Defender, when she played Doomsayer. xD So hilarious. I recommend.
04/11/2017 12:37 AMPosted by EvilMark
It's a 6-card combo (2x SA, 2x MR, AA, any 7 mana or less spell) that requires them to also complete the quest while staying alive. It is far from broken.

Actually only 5... you can simply cast the second molten reflection in the extra turn with toni... but since you need to have the Quest completed its not really a 5 card combo.... and yea dirty rat destroys it (unless they get lucky and get a third reflection while you pull just an apprentice )