What beats taunt warrior

Play Mode Discussion
Seriously its getting so cancerous...seeing it everygame at rank 6
Learn to counter it? All decks have counter decks. Just be smart.
^Get downvoted

I understand u are rank 20 but taunt warrior is all everyone is playing
I was able to counter a Taunt Warrior by.........playing the same deck. The only difference I was able to curve out well and get my quest done before the player did.
04/10/2017 11:04 PMPosted by Hakoon
Learn to counter it? All decks have counter decks. Just be smart.

Your reply didn't answer the question is is nothing more than useless info.

You will need to use either a Freeze Mage, Deathrattle Priest. Generally you need to use heavy control.

If you get good draws, Jade Druid will do the trick.
Try zoolock/ Mid Hunter (don't forget to put at least 1 Deadly Shot)
I have golden warrior quest so been playing it exclusively except for quests. I came across elemental shaman as my weakness. I also ran into a murloc quest shaman but used like every removal in existence that also got me killed.

Also, low health = more risk to using quest since no more life gain.
Not a whole lot

Quest rogue if it gets a good start. Probably elem/Jade shaman, I haven't played either of those 2 decks (taunt war or elem shaman) but by their mechanics elem/Jade shaman should beat taunt war

Hex the Dino dr, keep the jades rolling
04/10/2017 11:26 PMPosted by Terriscrub
Not a whole lot

Quest rogue if it gets a good start. Probably elem/Jade shaman, I haven't played either of those 2 decks (taunt war or elem shaman) but by their mechanics elem/Jade shaman should beat taunt war

I made golden Jade/elemental Shaman - just because elems so beautiful when animated ^^ and played it much and can tell you: it is not a counter, but like 50/50 or even 40/60 in warriors favor: you are too dependent on Hexes and Devolves - if you dont draw them you are likely to lose.
04/10/2017 11:31 PMPosted by Enlightened
04/10/2017 11:26 PMPosted by Terriscrub
Not a whole lot

I made golden Jade/elemental Shaman - just because elems so beautiful when animated ^^ and played it much and can tell you: it is not a counter, but like 50/50 or even 40/60 in warriors favor: you are too dependent on Hexes and Devolves - if you dont draw them you are likely to lose.

Hmm surprised the warrior has enough to draw to deal with minions created from nothing

I seem to go 70% on them with Jade Druid, but it has much more draw than shaman. And it loses to a lot of other stuff ;)
I made a Homebrew Unicorn Priest that I'm keeping under my belt due to the fact that I'm seeming to have a lot of success with it against Taunt/Quest/Wall Warrior.

It goes for Value with the Priest Quest, and it basically is a Kazakus/Reno deck, just using the quest rather than Reno.

The only down side is that it's early game can be inconsistent, and I'm trying to refine that aspect of it.

I've been having a decent amount of success with it on ladder, so far. Here's the link, if you're interested:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/priest#62:1;147:1;209:1;315:1;326:1;386:1;395:1;396:1;431:1;498:1;547:1;600:1;671:1;33128:1;33134:1;35186:1;35199:1;42058:1;49620:1;49622:1;49646:1;49673:1;49702:1;49753:1;52588:1;55446:1;55456:1;55461:1;55529:1;55545:1;

It is a pricey deck, since Priest was the class I played in Mean Streets, and the only real class I have support for right now. (Priest was the only Quest I unwrapped)
This deck is so boring to play against,just endless overstated taunt minions and an annoying HP,It's the old Controll Warrior you hate x 8 RNG damage a turn.

You flood the board to play around the HP just to eat the multiple board clears he has.

i actually miss playing against Jade Druid more.
Midrage hunter. I beat every taunt warrior I play.
Hunter always countered warrior. Always did always will.
04/11/2017 12:07 AMPosted by AceOfSpades
Midrage hunter. I beat every taunt warrior I play.
Hunter always countered warrior. Always did always will.

I was trying out a hunter deck, it was hilarious when they Dirty Rat'd my Highmane.
jade druid, i still have to lose a game against taunt warrior.
04/10/2017 11:35 PMPosted by Terriscrub

Hmm surprised the warrior has enough to draw to deal with minions created from nothing

I seem to go 70% on them with Jade Druid, but it has much more draw than shaman. And it loses to a lot of other stuff ;)

Problem is Dirty rat + brawl combo: they "discard" your battlecry elems often and then I struggle to fill the board for 4th/5th time after brawls, sleep with fishes + whirlwind etc

It is "okay" for shaman but not a counter like mid hunter or zoolock
The best counter is a board snowball deck such as zoo, murloc or middle hunter or even jade/beast druid.

The tar elementals have next to no attack value so they can't remove your board very well. That allows you to build a board on your side. Having a board allows certain snowball mechanics like bloodlust, savage roar, adapt all recruits etc to be extremely devastating. Just make sure to dodge the turn 8 primordial drake by going off before that.

If you REALLY want them dead. Nozth hunter.
high value or greedy decks counter it.
I was using the pally deck strife posted and i got poison on my murlocs, he was pretty much shut down right there, he didnt draw fast enough to get a brawl so there was that. But Tarim my god does he hurt taunt warrior. I am happy to say paladin can finally have a working midrange deck. I could cry how happy i am its working, its been years!
Exodia mage. Had quest reward, lethal, 2 bigass taunt minions, and 30 health plus 6 armor. Turn 10. Got exodia'd XD