over 90% of CPU when heartstone is open.

Mac Technical Support
since the last uptade my macbook pro retina uses the fans all the time and 95% of the %CPU.
Raimundo0505, I have a similar issue. Since the last update, my MacBook Air (2016) heats like crazy; I checked the CPU use too, and it is also about 90%. This, after a couple of games.
Playing Hearthstone on my mac really uses the fans and makes the computer hot, never experienced this issue until recently, maybe it is the last update
On my windows desktop the game runs slowly and does not respond when quitting
same here. I dont remember playing a game last a couple of day without seeing rainbow and the fan working crazy.
Same here, I've posted in another thread about this. I do believe it started after the most recent update.
One more addition to CPU problem, i started to get some problem with cards. It happened after last update again. Sometimes all cards seems black or description of the cards disappears. Can some one update us what is going on?

For instance check the Medivh from this photo:
http://i66.tinypic.com/xfc1uc.png
Or sometimes my portrait disappears:
http://i65.tinypic.com/2zpi5jo.png
Same here. Since the update, my Macbook Pro runs super-hot, and drains the battery VERY VERY quickly. I can barely get 2 hours before it needs charging. I just played a SINGLE game, no more than 15 minutes, and my battery went from 98% to 78%. Completely ridiculous. It's beyond broken, seriously.
I confirm this. MBP Retina Early 2015, MacOS Sierra. Since last update Hearthstone in low settings make cpu and fan go crazy while it was silent before!
try to change settings to high
At least the issue is being taken seriously
I am having the same issues being listed in this thread. Before the latest update I could play for hours with no issues. Now my CPU usage has spiked, temps have increased, and the game crashes after about 30-40 min of playing on a flat surface.
Posting to confirm the same thing. 15' MBP retina late 2013.

It was never close to this bad in terms of fps lag, heat, cpu usage etc until Ungoro I believe.

Would really appreciate a blue response on this as its really affecting my ability to enjoy the game when playing with ~15 fps
Same goes to me, very high CPU usage on mb pro retina 2015
it is getting really hard to play with mac, it is getting slower and slower each day. I have to play with my phone these days. could we please at least get some information??
Hey all,

Thank you all for the reports. We are looking in to what is causing this increase in the CPU usage and the other issues mentioned in this thread. It is possible we may be dealing with a single issue or multiple issue that have similar symptoms. To help narrow the causes down I do have some steps I would like you all to try and some information out the Macs that I would like to collect from you all.

• Disable browser hardware acceleration
    1) At the Blizzard app log on screen click on the cog wheel
    2) Click on Settings and then Advanced
    3) Uncheck "Use browser hardware acceleration when available"
    5) Click Done and then restart the App.

• Let's set the Blizzard App to close when a game is running.
    1) On the Blizzard App click on the big Blizzard icon in the upper left corner.
    2) Then click on Settings from the dropdown menu that opens up.
    3) In the General preference tab, under the When I launch a game field, select Exit battle.net completely.
    4) Click on done and launch Hearthstone

Please post some information about the Mac.
    1) Open the Apple menu and select About This Mac.
    2) Post the Mac OS X version number: Exp 10.11.6
    3) Post the Type of Mac. Exp: MacBook Pro (15 inch, Mid 2014)
    4) Post the Processor, Memory, and Graphics
Thank you for the blue post. Here is the first feedback. I made the suggested changes and there is huge performance improvement. The machine is getting still crazy hot but i could play 1 hour without any freezing which was impossible last a couple of months. here is my mac:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
Thank you for addressing this problem!

The suggested steps did not have any improvement for me.
This is my setup:

macOS Sierra (10.12.5)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13 inch, late 2013)
2,6 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536 MB

On a side note:
Lowering the resolution did help me but it still is a lot worse than before the Un'Goro patch.
It is most noticeable when playing Kazakus. During the creation of the potion not only Hearthstone but the entire system starts to lag.
I am experiencing similar issues on my Mac (namely overheating, causing the fans to run on high). Especially, but not exclusively, when playing Kazakus or Kazakus potions, which would instantly make the whole system become laggy.

macOS Sierra (10.12.5)
MacBook Air (13", Mid 2013)
1,3 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

Thank you in advance :)
05/29/2017 02:02 PMPosted by Eloemaz

Please post some information about the Mac.
    1) Open the Apple menu and select About This Mac.
    2) Post the Mac OS X version number: Exp 10.11.6
    3) Post the Type of Mac. Exp: MacBook Pro (15 inch, Mid 2014)
    4) Post the Processor, Memory, and Graphics

Thank you for the suggestions; did them as a temporary fix but certainly hope Blizzard will address this with a permanent solution.

Per your request above:

* Mac OS X version 10.12.5
* Type of Mac: 15" MacBook Pro 2016 with touchbar (tMBP)
* 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB drive, (free space on drive 945.62 GB) Graphics card is dual graphics cards:
AMD Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB discrete
Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB integrated

I have a RELATED request for Blizzard. PLEASE allow those of us with dual graphics cards to play Hearthstone with the lower end graphics card and not have to use our high-performance graphics cards. I may have to play HS at a lower resolution, but at least my laptop won't be burning a hole in my lap. Thanks.

Currently, the HS game forces the use of the high-end graphics card. Please, devs, code the game in such a way that we don't have to use those cards. They run hot, especially if they are on for an extended period of time. Thanks.
I tried all solutions presented here, and none of them have improved the issue