Allow card trading

Play Mode Discussion
08/30/2017 05:38 PMPosted by SoulCider
To be fair, Pokemon TCG Online has a great online trading system that put trades up globally. They're system is thriving pretty well.

Really? Hm, gonna try this one.
Since the long buried horse gets no rest, we'll just do the broken record thing...

It would be cool, but it's not practical. HE makes money from packs, which are also possible to get for free. Allowing people to trade freely means that Blizzard would make less money as players have a new way to get the cards they want, without sacrificing the dust value of the collection.

To counteract the loss from selling fewer packs, packs have to be more expensive. Either they cost more gold, so peoole buy more with real money, or the real money price goes up. Maybe both...
So, just don't allow trading to be free. It's not the trading aspect that's a problem, it's the process. You can't just expect people to trade willy nilly and for it to work.
You guys are acting like like blizzard doesnt rake in tons of money they dont really deserve for how they handle HS. If they allowed p2p trading they can just associate some form of cost per card grade whether it be gold or lesser dust for the transaction to go through. Blizz really wont go broke from allowing it. They make far too much for that to happen.
i would put in an auction house...using ingame gold and blizzard currency. start making cards ultra rare...bliz would make a ton of money and make this game competitive again.
What if we could buy cards from one another using dust?
Geez. It's not that bad of an idea. It wouldn't be rocket science to limit trades between accounts or whatever. Maybe one or two cards a month? The dusting system is OK but the dust values are pretty terrible. You really don't get much for your cards when you dust them or trade them in per se. You only get five cards per pack too which doesn't seem like enough.

Perhaps they could give 7 cards per pack and up the dust value a bit?

Either way, trading isn't quite the apocalypse that many here are making it out to be. So freeging dramatic, lol.
"Free-to-play and Trading is not compatible" ... then make a paywall premium (could even be a timed subscription, 1- or 3-month) for trading. Simple. Nay-sayers always thinking inside the box.

Steam has a market for collectibles, and they even get a cut of the listed price.

Furthermore, Blizzard could set a base price for each card, inflated by buyers and lowered by sellers, and resetting the price each week. To prevent crashing, only one card copy, per week, per player. Lastly, cards have a MINIMUM price to avoid huge deflation.

It's fair trade, but then again, why favor those at the bottom who pay under $100 per season when there are people who funnel upwards $1000+ a year.
05/08/2017 08:16 AMPosted by WiredAces
Hearthstone is not a TCG, it's a CCG. The reason that trading shouldn't be allowed in a digital card game is simple: As soon as they allowed it, thousands of players (myself included!) would make alternate accounts, farm daily quest gold, and use those accounts to get cards and trade them over to my main. It wouldn't even be difficult or time consuming. You can't do that in physical TCG's, like Magic: the Gathering.
you can stop people from making multiple account just by adding cell phone verification
10/10/2017 01:06 PMPosted by sid131313
you can stop people from making multiple account just by adding cell phone verification

Which in turn stops people without their own cell phones from playing, and since the game's target audience includes youth that may not have a phone of their own, it would be a terrible business decision.

Also, why did this thread in particular get necro'd twice?
The idea is good, but overly exploitable. Especially since they are now guaranteeing a legendary in the first 10 packs of a expansion. This means that someone could just make a bunch of accounts and trade all the cards to their main account. Dust all the duplicates and craft an entire collection within a week... for free. The time sink is slowly being fixed to be better balanced. It is there to encourage sales.
I understand that if any type of trade was allowed that people would create multiple accounts and trade among their accounts however to stop abuse of trading I think that if their were blizzard created trading guidelines like trading epics for epics or four epics for a legendary that it could work
Yeah dude hope some day they put that cause then hearsthone will be more popular then he does
When people stop BM'ing in matches and actually treat other players with respect, I might be open to the idea of an in game auction house, or even in-game chat.

However, I have no idea what the game sounds like because I turned off all the sound effects so I don't have to hear all the ridiculous emotes.

People want an auto-squelch....but want to trade with other players? We can't even interact politely with the few emotes we DO have!
05/08/2017 08:16 AMPosted by WiredAces
Hearthstone is not a TCG, it's a CCG. The reason that trading shouldn't be allowed in a digital card game is simple: As soon as they allowed it, thousands of players (myself included!) would make alternate accounts, farm daily quest gold, and use those accounts to get cards and trade them over to my main. It wouldn't even be difficult or time consuming. You can't do that in physical TCG's, like Magic: the Gathering.

What if you have a card “shop” where you can buy semi-randomized cards (probably from the latest expansion) that you can buy with gold in stead of always gambling on packs. Like each day that I log in a new set of three or so cards would be available with gold relating to their rarity. (Maybe something like: common 5 gold, rare 15, epic 50, and legendary’s could be 100) I don’t think this would make blizzard loose money either as they could still offer legendarys in the shop less and change the price of some cards. (Also blizz this would be a great place to add a “buy gold” feature to get some more money *wink *wink)
11/12/2017 09:49 AMPosted by Supremeone
I understand that if any type of trade was allowed that people would create multiple accounts and trade among their accounts however to stop abuse of trading I think that if their were blizzard created trading guidelines like trading epics for epics or four epics for a legendary that it could work

You could still give better legendarys for worse ones
An auction house would probably be better, where you can buy and sell cards for ingame gold. You can't really abuse it with multiple accounts, because someone can pick up your cards. They could also offer other restrictions, maybe each account can only list one card a week or whatever.
We could also just have a mode where you can use all the cards, you just don’t get rewards for anything.
Hearth stone has a collection, therefore it's a ccg
At least you can trade cards for dust then trade for cards.

So why complain period? You get both aspects of a ccg and tcg