Why do people drag out games?

Play Mode Discussion
At the end of games, I get people summoning legendary minions and casting spells unnecessarily , when they could just have ended it because I have 2 health and no secrets, and they drag it out for as many turns as they can.

Is there some etiquette I am missing? Are they trying to tell me something, like I should have conceded 5 turns ago, and since you didn't you shall suffer and feel my pain? I feel like sometimes they just want to show the other really kewl cards in their deck.
I believe they're just bming you.
06/08/2017 02:09 PMPosted by Tikitak
At the end of games, I get people summoning legendary minions and casting spells unnecessarily , when they could just have ended it because I have 2 health and no secrets, and they drag it out for as many turns as they can.

Is there some etiquette I am missing? Are they trying to tell me something, like I should have conceded 5 turns ago, and since you didn't you shall suffer and feel my pain? I feel like sometimes they just want to show the other really kewl cards in their deck.

Sometimes to showcase a neat interaction they like...
Sometimes because they are an @$$...
Sometimes because they have a quest they'd rather complete.

You never know.
I always give them a turn, if it looks like a quest, I'll let them (unless I'm tight on time) continue as long as they need.
If it looks stupidly random like they're toying with me, I'll concede.

In reality, what does it matter? If they are, in fact, being a jerk, it's funny to randomly beat those types.

Other than that, what's y the problem with conceding? You are under zero obligation and if you know you've lost...
There's no difference.
Sometimes to complete a quest right? play X number of cards...
Or to show you that they had over 3 different ways to beat you easily, so you won't send friend request to tell them they won by luck, swear and unfriend them.
You are out of secrets so guessing you are playing a Mage. I personally detest the Mage the most out of any deck type in this game. Others feel the same way.

Knowing you were going to lose on your opponents next turn did you:

Play everything you could?
Let the rope burn?
End the turn quickly w/o doing anything so your opponent could get the death blow?
Concede.

Because most people do one and/or two and then complain when their opponent also does it.
Only times I do it is usually when I have a quest such as "play X cards of Y".
Likely for the same reason half the people playing priest feel compelled to heal something if they ever have 2 spare mana, even when there's nothing injured.

They are either being a douche, deliberately wasting time, being a pathetic follower, just doing what they've seen others do, or (most likely of all) are being OCD and just can't let their resources go to waste, even if using them is 100% pointless.

Basically, the only common denominator is that they don't care about your time or their own, but the reasons... who knows?
One of three things
1. They have a quest to 'Play x y cards'
2. You get exp per card played and they don't have that hero at 60
3. It's fun to play cards.
Maybe they have a quest.

Maybe they're trying to grab extra XP.

Maybe they're just having fun with you. If you don't like it, then concede.
In my experience, most of the time it is that my opponent has a "play X cards" quest. And if I also have that type of quest to complete, I am HAPPY to keep playing even when I have lost. When I do not have a quest like that, in a scenario where they have lethal on the board, I will typically give my opponent to a slow count of 5 to either:

play their quest cards quickly and then defeat me
or just defeat me

If they contemplate the best play order, I concede. If you have a quest just play the cards fast and be done with it.
06/08/2017 02:49 PMPosted by Randomvg
You are out of secrets so guessing you are playing a Mage. I personally detest the Mage the most out of any deck type in this game. Others feel the same way.

Knowing you were going to lose on your opponents next turn did you:

Play everything you could?
Let the rope burn?
End the turn quickly w/o doing anything so your opponent could get the death blow?
Concede.

Because most people do one and/or two and then complain when their opponent also does it.

I just put in secret to make the illustration more clear, i.e., had no chance.

btw mages rock, you and others should try sometime..
I had some opponents wasting time with me, where they could have won and sometimes the right cards finally come along for me, and I make a surprise comeback! Also other times my opponent just gives me a concede what was that about?
06/08/2017 03:07 PMPosted by Frozenwind
One of three things
1. They have a quest to 'Play x y cards'
2. You get exp per card played and they don't have that hero at 60
3. It's fun to play cards.

Also, when I'm playing a card game in real life (except tournaments), I'll show my opponent my hand after the game if they want to see. Sometimes I'll play out my hand just to give the opponent the chance to see it if they want to, I don't mind if they concede while I do it.
06/11/2017 12:24 PMPosted by Seanahawk
Sometimes I'll play out my hand just to give the opponent the chance to see it if they want to, I don't mind if they concede while I do it.

As someone that doesn't play card games (this was my first, albeit, it's virtual), that's food for thought I never considered. Interesting!

For me, it is an honest mistake. If it is an intense match, I probably haven't realized I have lethal on board and continue with my combo.

I want to learn to play better, so I try to focus intently on all my options and plan ahead. If I catch myself, I'll stop.

I also know that some people need a little more time to add properly. I know I do.

"He has 17 HP, if I play this, it does X amount of damage, but I do this combo, it does THIS amount of damage, but if I pull that other card, then I can use it on that combo instead..."

That is usually how my brain operates; I make up my mind about my plan of action, and make it happen - not to be a jerk, but because I am genuinely focused.
If it bothers you, why not just concede?

Anyway, if they spam out extra cards, I usually assume it is for quest completion.

If they aren't spamming them out, but instead very slowly looking like they're considering the play before finally killing you, then it is probably BM. As for why people BM, I assume boredom.
I do it and then come on the forums to see if the person I played is so tilted they had to make a post about it.

They do it to humiliate you.
They forgot you were there and just wanted to maximize their value .