Decks you hate

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Any control deck.

The games aren't smarter, just way longer and miserable. "Oh let's olay another over valued card each turn...its okay if you hit me, I'll just ignore you until I stall you out or heal to full 4 times"

Burn
07/12/2017 02:25 PMPosted by Gibs
Face Hunter, Pirates etc (any deck that just goes face early)
Jade Druid (poor mechanic)
Quest Rogue (not very interactive)

This, exactly same for me.
07/12/2017 03:34 PMPosted by Gishgeron
Any control deck.

The games aren't smarter, just way longer and miserable. "Oh let's olay another over valued card each turn...its okay if you hit me, I'll just ignore you until I stall you out or heal to full 4 times"

Burn

I mostly prefer control, more because in my mind, there's more opportunity for decision making and outplays than say, face decks.

I get that long af games can be a chore though! Sometimes they can be boring as helllll, so I get your point
I really hate playing against paladin the most right now. It's either 1 of 2 decks.

-Aggro murloc which just happens to draw perfectly nearly every time I play one. They run out of cards, then fill their hand with divine favor.

-Control paladin - This is especially "fun" to play against when they get a 2nd or even 3rd tarim or tirion from Stonehill Defender. Just an absolute gas! Throw in vinecleaver and spikeridged steed for good measure and you're just having a BLAST!!!

*so triggered*
07/12/2017 03:45 PMPosted by Jackzaa
07/12/2017 03:34 PMPosted by Gishgeron
Any control deck.

Burn

I mostly prefer control, more because in my mind, there's more opportunity for decision making and outplays than say, face decks.

I get that long af games can be a chore though! Sometimes they can be boring as helllll, so I get your point

It's the worst kind of chore. I have some control decks. It's 7 or more turns of, "drop answer, pass turn"

If you have the misfortune of playing another control deck too........ugh
Standard:
-Quest Rogue
-Jade Druid

Wild:
Any "OTK"
Priest decks, in general, because of Entomb!
Mill Rouge
Any Priest, I know they are not good, at least they used not to, but damit if a mage or rogue gets a lucky card againts me that's bad luck but they stealing my cards and pretty much anything you play will die to their removal is anoying as hell, you trade you will get outvalued, you go face no problem you will get outvalued latter, there was a reason why azure drake was the most played 5 mana minion aside from his great effects. Control is not bad, but when is control and give me your own things to destroy you is just anoying, and best of all most everyone loves to play to anoy other ppl so favorite class for many even if it's not competitive.
Reno, any mage and any priest.
07/12/2017 03:48 PMPosted by Snakefinger
I really hate playing against paladin the most right now. It's either 1 of 2 decks.

-Aggro murloc which just happens to draw perfectly nearly every time I play one. They run out of cards, then fill their hand with divine favor.

-Control paladin - This is especially "fun" to play against when they get a 2nd or even 3rd tarim or tirion from Stonehill Defender. Just an absolute gas! Throw in vinecleaver and spikeridged steed for good measure and you're just having a BLAST!!!

*so triggered*

Aggro Murloc has almost no expensive cards, it's almost impossible for it to NOT draw properly.
any deck that use my own card (so mostly rogue or priest)
i don't think they are OP nor are using bad mechanic or whatever
it's just that I freakin' hate when my opponent use my own cards against me, ffs use your own deck ya thief
07/12/2017 04:25 PMPosted by Spyko
it's just that I freakin' hate when my opponent use my own cards against me, ffs use your own deck ya thief
This.

I simultaneously acknowledge that's it's a perfectly valid and excellently-flavored mechanic, yet also hate it with every fiber of my being.
Based on my mood when playing I gotta say aggro decks piloted badly that still manages to pick up a win due to the consistency of the deck. Triggers me so much when you lose to someone you feel you are better than.
basic hunter
arena hunter
undertaker hunter
sunshine hunter
face hunter
beast hunter
murloc hunter
dragon hunter
mech hunter
cthun hunter
deathrattle hunter
midrange hunter
"king krush is the worst legendary" hunter
joust hunter
inspire hunter
pve naxx hunter
pve blackrock hunter
pve loe hunter
pve karazhan hunter
handbuff hunter
inc DK hunter
"we have 2 legendaries TGT" hunter
"savanna skillmane is balanced" hunter
tardisgreen's hunter
beaky's hunter
07/12/2017 04:36 PMPosted by putrich
basic hunter
arena hunter
undertaker hunter
sunshine hunter
face hunter
beast hunter
murloc hunter
dragon hunter
mech hunter
cthun hunter
deathrattle hunter
midrange hunter
joust hunter
inspire hunter
pve naxx hunter
pve blackrock hunter
pve loe hunter
pve karazhan hunter
handbuff hunter
inc DK hunter
tardisgreen's hunter
beaky's hunter
I read that in Bubba's voice. Was not disappointed.
Amy mage deck due to the large number of random spell generators they have.
basic hunter
arena hunter
undertaker hunter
sunshine hunter
face hunter
beast hunter
murloc hunter
dragon hunter
mech hunter
cthun hunter
deathrattle hunter
midrange hunter
joust hunter
inspire hunter
pve naxx hunter
pve blackrock hunter
pve loe hunter
pve karazhan hunter
handbuff hunter
inc DK hunter
tardisgreen's hunter
beaky's hunter

I am sensing a theme here...
Hahaha.
07/12/2017 04:39 PMPosted by Wardrum
basic hunter
arena hunter
undertaker hunter
sunshine hunter
face hunter
beast hunter
murloc hunter
dragon hunter
mech hunter
cthun hunter
deathrattle hunter
midrange hunter
joust hunter
inspire hunter
pve naxx hunter
pve blackrock hunter
pve loe hunter
pve karazhan hunter
handbuff hunter
inc DK hunter
tardisgreen's hunter
beaky's hunter
I read that in Bubba's voice. Was not disappointed.

+1 internets.

Would read again.
I love Secret Mage and play it almost exclusively but have been stomped by Lyra OTK, Jade and others. Those are the two I hate seeing though.
Mage Quest with Antonidas, multiple Ice Blocks, and an endless stream of fireballs!

I HATE IT!!!!!!

I pretty much hate mages generally, but Mage Quest is of the Devil!!!!!

I'm very tempted to just auto-concede when I see that quest card played. Maybe 1 out of 10 times I manage to beat them. But the agony I go through the other 9 out of 10 times I play them results in 30 minutes of my time needlessly wasted every match!
07/12/2017 04:30 PMPosted by Wardrum
07/12/2017 04:25 PMPosted by Spyko
This.

I simultaneously acknowledge that's it's a perfectly valid and excellently-flavored mechanic, yet also hate it with every fiber of my being.

You know what I hate? When you set up your board, and with 2 cards, your Shaman (Sadist is more like it) opponent not only clears your board, equips a weapon, and hero powers the spell damage totem; they ALSO give their full board +3 attack...and do 20 damage to your face.

So yes. I AM going to steal your cards. I AM going to steal your minions. I AM going to use your own deck against you. I mean, since you're so incredibly efficient at literally destroying everything. Not always, but often enough for me to hate playing against Shaman anything.

I don't have a problem with any other decks or classes, really. Just Shamans.