Jade Druid feels rigged to be bad

Play Mode Discussion
Just made a Jade Druid deck today - and even though I'm playing tons of card draw - Loot Hoarder, Coldlight Oracle, Novice Engineer etc

For 3+ games in a row, I didn't get a single Jade Idol until below 15 cards left in my deck

And I am mulligan all my cards on the start

It feels pretty rigged to have bad RNG
07/11/2017 04:40 PMPosted by Xiata

"Feels" is the correct word. Feelings have nothing to do with cold reality. Bad RNG happens.

When I play against Jade Druid, I feel that they always have Jade Idol on turn 1 or mana ramp up for turn 2-3 and innervate for turn 5.
07/11/2017 04:45 PMPosted by DoomBringer
07/11/2017 04:40 PMPosted by Xiata

"Feels" is the correct word. Feelings have nothing to do with cold reality. Bad RNG happens.

When I play against Jade Druid, I feel that they always have Jade Idol on turn 1 or mana ramp up for turn 2-3 and innervate for turn 5.

On my 5th+ game now, same stuff. I can't get a SINGLE Jade Idol even though I have 2 in my deck. This be BEYOND just "bad luck"
That's just standard gameplay whenever you make a new deck. First 3 games you will get destroyed. Buy new packs yet?
Getting Jade Idol early isn't important to that deck. You want Ramp, then early removal. But what you really want is Ramp.

It's not bad to get early and I'd probably keep it during the mulligan phase, but that's about it.
07/11/2017 04:48 PMPosted by Frozenwind
Getting Jade Idol early isn't important to that deck. You want Ramp, then early removal. But what you really want is Ramp.

Even so, I can't get one in a stand hand/early

At this point I'm purposely hitting concede after mulligan and no Jade Idol

Haven't seen one a single game yet

ETA: 10+ games now, no jade idols. It's totally rigged
07/11/2017 04:51 PMPosted by Xiata

Your chances of getting it in your opening hand aren't that high. 10 games is hardly significant in general, but especially if that's what you're doing.

Anyway, let me tell you of the time my first mysterious challenger drawn had no secrets left to pull. No jade idols in starting hand is nothing next to that.

Oh, also, maybe double check your deck list to make sure they're in it.
07/11/2017 04:51 PMPosted by Xiata
07/11/2017 04:48 PMPosted by Frozenwind

Even so, I can't get one in a stand hand/early

Haven't seen one a single game yet

ETA: 10+ games now, no jade idols. It's totally rigged

Funny, you'd think in the 100k's of JD games recorded, someone would have seen this behavior. Unless Blizzard is specifically targeting you. Or you're a lying crackpot.

I wonder which one Ockham's Razor would suggest as being true?
Jade isn't really that hot against faster decks like pirate. It only shines (in irritating fashion) against anything slower.
I have a wayyy below 50% WR with jade druid. Too many aggro decks on the ladder for it to be useful.
You've had some awesome luck to not get stuck with Jade Idol in your opening hands!
Sounds like free wins to me.
You don't even want to cast it usually until you get Auctioneer online.
Also your card draw choices are absolutely terrible for that deck.
07/11/2017 05:54 PMPosted by FunkyBunch
You've had some awesome luck to not get stuck with Jade Idol in your opening hands!

True about card draw. I run 2 nourish 2 wrath and 2 auctioneer.. thats all the card draw i need.
Do yourself a favor and netdeck Kolento's list. Yours sound awful.
You only need Jade Idol to beat control and in that case you don't need it until very late game, so tell me again why you'd concede due to not getting jade idol in your opening hand? lmfao.
07/11/2017 06:06 PMPosted by TheQuietOne

Have you started to see the correlation between the nutters and the incompetents? I'm starting to think there may be a causation in there!
07/11/2017 06:06 PMPosted by TheQuietOne

Have you started to see the correlation between the nutters and the incompetents? I'm starting to think there may be a causation in there!

IKR!?
The people who complain about RNG, Discover, Ice Blocks, QR etc play and make absolutely terrible decks.
Loot Hoarder in Jade Druid? SMH

This was my first thought as well... But given the tone of the OP (and his history) I wouldnt be surprised if he shuffles on T1 instead of getting the Jade train rolling even if he drew it on curve.

Sounds like you are on a tilt, and making bad decisions because you're frustrated. Conceding just because you didn't get a JI on draw is bad gameplay period. As Frozen said, your first priority is to Ramp. You should be mulliganing for Wild Growths, Innervates, or Jade Blossoms. After that you want stuff like Wrath or Tar Creeper or some sort of early game defense. I consider it an RNG failure if I'm stuck with a Jade Idol in my opening hand. I'll play it, but I'll be wishing it was something else.

Ockham's Razor

Is that like Occam's Razor? :)

1 Jade Idol turn 1 isn't really a bad thing.

Sometimes you really want the tempo that getting a jade idol out on turn 1 gives you in order to stay alive.
07/11/2017 06:01 PMPosted by Jmoney

True about card draw. I run 2 nourish 2 wrath and 2 auctioneer.. thats all the card draw i need.

I have all those in my deck too

07/11/2017 04:58 PMPosted by Grixh

Oh, also, maybe double check your deck list to make sure they're in it.

They 100% are (yes I double checked)

07/11/2017 07:41 PMPosted by TheRiddler

Sounds like you are on a tilt, and making bad decisions because you're frustrated. Conceding just because you didn't get a JI on draw is bad gameplay period.

Rank 20 so who cares....and I am now 20+ games with no jade idol