WILD cards in STANDARD Arena

Arena Discussion
If Arena is standard, why am I still playing against people with Wild cards in their decks? This is getting downright ridiculous. Taking losses for no reason. When Blizzard made the format Standard, all the people with wild decks should have been forced to retire with some compensation.
You either have strange luck or are lying (I think I can guess which). I haven't seen a Wild arena deck in months.
07/21/2017 02:28 PMPosted by petrie911
You either have strange luck or are lying (I think I can guess which). I haven't seen a Wild arena deck in months.

So I assume you're calling me a liar. How do I post screenshots?
http://i67.tinypic.com/snnjf5.png

Because I'm such a liar
I played against a pre-Standard/Wild nerf deck today- they'll be decks drafted but their runs not completed, there's no expiration date on a drafted deck as far as I'm aware. I'm guessing it's folk who don't play Arena anymore going to make use of the free Arena run then finding they've an old draft they forgot they had. They might as well play it out and then play the freebie after. I got a shock seeing Kvaldar Raider - he was the Investigative Reporter of his time.
I played against one just a week ago, it was a priest deck with 2 X-Jebaited Evils, a Ysera, and a few shredders. It was easy pickings. The power creep in ungoro is so big, if they don't have any of the new autopilot cards, they have trouble keeping up. Too many new cards that give both extreme value and tempo simultaneously. These cards pretty much define the pink blue yellow meta right now.
Decks aren't deleted, so these decks are from accounts that have just played with an existing arena deck from the past and did not finish the run.
07/21/2017 05:25 PMPosted by Ropemaster
Decks aren't deleted, so these decks are from accounts that have just played with an existing arena deck from the past and did not finish the run.

Yup, I had an old run on my alt account I never finished, the event was what reminded me that it even still existed. Sorry about the piloted shredders and sludge to that dude : /
how is this guy getting his wild card and gadgetzan cards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHkl_C3qNCM
I saw a warlock 11-2 deck that had an imp gang boss and a few other currently undraftable (even in ungoro) cards probably 2-3 weeks ago during frost festival.

Yes, people hold onto their arena drafts sometimes but it is extremely rare.

I would currently be more concerned about 2 people drafting 2 lich kings into both their drafts in the past 2-3 hours. That just happened today. It's in the forums.

I also personally saw a mage deck with 3-4 primordial glyphs drafted a few hours ago. 3 for sure were drafted.

Minions in arena with no answer are more of a problem than the occasional "old arena draft".

Just an opinion tho.
I just lost against a wild deck in Arena.
I don't think wild decks are as problematic as the current standard decks are right now. Wild decks are really hard to come by and losing like 2% of your games is not worth being frustrated about.
This should be resolved upon the beginning of our Hallow's Eve event with dual-class arena. All decks will be retired so that all games take place under the new arena rules.