gold legendary drop

Bug Report
i have been playing since the game came out and never opened a golden legendary in all of my pack.now i know opening packs is shear luck but in my 3 and a half years of playing the game never to open a single golden legend.i assume like every card in the games code there's a drop rate for it.so i just wanna know how is it possible for me never to get one since i've opened more than enough packs from every expansion
thx for the answer
"i've openend more than enough packs from every expansion" - define "more than enough"? Are you like Kripparian of Amaz, who open hundreds or even thousands of packs? Or did you purchase perhaps a hundred packs to get most of the collection and enough dust to craft what you need for your decks?

According to https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Card_pack_statistics, 5.13% of packs have at least one legendary, and 8.50% of legendaries are golden. Combined that means that you can on average expect a golden legendary in 0.436% of all packs. In other words, if you get a single golden legendary in 230 packs, you are exactly at the average; if you had more than 230 packs without you are unlucky, and if you already opened a thousand packs or so without you are extremely unlucky.
well defining what more than enough means
600+ classic
200-300 per expansion
and in a 3 and a half year span never to open a single one
08/15/2017 12:48 AMPosted by papeforking
well defining what more than enough means
600+ classic
200-300 per expansion
and in a 3 and a half year span never to open a single one

You're not that unlucky for the expansions, you're still hitting around average there. But as for classic you did pull the short straw, however I don't believe that there is a pity timer for golden legendaries, only regular ones. So it's just luck of the draw.

(The counter is different for each card pack you open, so if you open 100 Old gods packs and 200 Knights of the frozen throne packs, neither of the packs have hit the average, so you aren't unlucky to have no gotten a golden legendary there, you just haven't opened enough packs.)