Now that the dust has settled

Play Mode Discussion
Which legendaries from KFT rank from 1-5?
1: Malfurion
2: Lich King
3: Anduin
4: Guldan
5: ......Rexxar

LET ME DREAM
1. DK Priest
2. DK Malfurion
3. DK Warlock
4. Lich King
5. DK Rexxar
08/30/2017 05:04 PMPosted by DoomBringer
1. DK Priest
2. DK Malfurion
3. DK Warlock
4. Lich King
5. DK Rexxar

Huh.

Our lists very nearly match. I can see why you .might swap Anduin and malfurion. Why, in your opinion, is Lich King below guldan?
08/30/2017 05:07 PMPosted by Gishgeron
08/30/2017 05:04 PMPosted by DoomBringer
1. DK Priest
2. DK Malfurion
3. DK Warlock
4. Lich King
5. DK Rexxar

Huh.

Our lists very nearly match. I can see why you .might swap Anduin and malfurion. Why, in your opinion, is Lich King below guldan?

Guldan allowed a dead class to make a return. It might not be tier 1, but it is good enough.

Lich King is a good card, but I don't think it enables any new decks on its own.
Agreed with the above posters, you are just working over what rank but those are the 5 hands down. Honorable mention to thrall, if it wasn't for all the youtube highlights of him killing people with unlicensed apocrathy I may actually just expand the list. As it stands though his stats say playing him makes you a lot more likely to lose(not just youtube stuff real stats) than not having him/playing him. Good for memes though.
I based mine off the fact he was used in tier 1/2 decks.

But I really like your logic better.

Guldan is a very...VERY....superior card and my vote for actual strongest DK. Just not coupled with a deck that proves it is all.
1. Malfurion
2. Anduin
3. Lich King

No need for any other's.

Its a jade druid / highlander priest meta and aggro druid / pirate warrior counters don't run legendaries outside of patches anyway.
08/30/2017 05:27 PMPosted by Gishgeron

Guldan is a very...VERY....superior card and my vote for actual strongest DK. Just not coupled with a deck that proves it is all.

I opened Gul'dan the other day, and it has by far been the most fun dk I've made a deck with. I made a gimmicky deck and find that he actually kind of combos fairy well with Kazakus, since he can give you demons, or resummon dead ones.

I'll haven't climbed much, but it's the most fun I've had in HS since I came back to the game in April.
1) Malfurion. He's fun to play on his own right, even without the busted decks like Jade and Aggro Druid.
2) Anduin. Miracle Priest is amusingly fun, plus the darker side of priest is finally viable.
3) Jaina. She's not as strong as some of the others, but she's a blast to play with when she works. Added bonus, she gave me a reason to play Anomalus, which I hadn't done before.
4) Lich King. I really thought he'd be number 1 with a bullet before the set, and he's great, but there are just so many decks that don't fit him because they're jam packed full of other great cards that they can't use him. Plus, I get the 5 and 6 cost spells too often for me to enjoy it. I don't use those often and he generally dies in one turn.
5) Rexxar. This was a toss up between Rexxar and Gul'dan. Rex won because I hate the warlock class with a passion (seriously, even playing since beta it's still not even leveled to 60 yet.) Plus, build-a-bear is a great addition to the hunter class.
08/30/2017 06:20 PMPosted by Grishhammer
08/30/2017 05:27 PMPosted by Gishgeron

I opened Gul'dan the other day, and it has by far been the most fun dk I've made a deck with. I made a gimmicky deck and find that he actually kind of combos fairy well with Kazakus, since he can give you demons, or resummon dead ones.

I'll haven't climbed much, but it's the most fun I've had in HS since I came back to the game in April.

Guldan was my free DK.

Rexxar was my 10 pack legend.

I really feel I got the most fun two. The only other fun DK I can even say I'd like is Valeera.

Guldan literally just wins games for me. Some that I was absolutely going to lose. Rexxar has too, but it's very random. Guldan, by very nature, is consistent, steady, strong.
In terms of purely optimal cards for making top tier ladder/tournament decks, I would say:

1. Shadowreaper Anduin
2. Malfurion the Pestilent
3. Bolvar Fireblood
4. The Lich King
5. Thrall Shadowseer

Regardless of Gul'dan and Rexxar's potential as cards, in the current meta they aren't especially relevant for preparing competitive decks.

I have included Thrall despite his performance as I believe him to be key to certain Shaman match-ups.

For an F2P collection, especially a new one, I would actually put The Lich King at the top of this list, as he's a solid addition to most decks, while the rest have fairly niche applications and he can replace the value legendaries for not yet fully optimized decks, as well as being optimal in a few.

Edit: Actually, I could see arguing swapping Thrall with either Jaina or Uther on this list, as they also have top tier potential in my opinion through Control Mage (in a meta where Jade Druid is sufficiently supressed by Agro Druid) and Control Paladin (under similar circumstances).