Why though...

Play Mode Discussion
> come back from a long break from HS
> reach lvl 19 with a face hunter deck
> lose every other game to a lvl 19 or lvl 20 with a stacked deck full of legendary cards.

So I have to questions:
Why are the people so low rank with $500 decks?

&

Is blizzard ever going to address that they have created the biggest pay to win micro-transaction scheme game in the world?
08/30/2017 12:46 PMPosted by badhotel

Because those decks are terrible and so are the players.

Is blizzard ever going to address that they have created the biggest pay to win micro-transaction scheme game in the world?

Drop 500 bucks and win it all back at the world championships man. Easy peasy.

Also blizz didn't come up with this system.

Having a few legendaries in your deck makes it $500? The game has been out A LONG TIME friend, the longer it is out the more people will have collected.
500$ deck? Where are you getting your math from? Also, your entire post is an illogical contradiction to itself... People pay a lot of money to have a low rank, but it is pay to win. Genius post.

Edit: I do agree to your first point. The game is obviously not pay to win. Good cards do not make good players.
The funny thing here is that the supposed indicator of "pay to win" is that you can't take a meta deck from 2014 and win with it in 2017.

Dammit, Blizzard, you should be adjusting the metagame to me! P2W otherwise!
If you REALLY want to see $500 decks, go take a look at Magic.

Hearthstone is hardly as big of an offender. As you collect cards across expansions, you typically get some surplus dust to work with and craft the few critical cards you need from later expansions without having to drop a dime.
> lose every other game to a lvl 19 or lvl 20 with a stacked deck full of legendary cards.

So I have to questions:

&

Because face hunters should burn in hell. I'm glad this deck is absolute trash these days and is not allowed past rank 19.

Just kidding man. Seriously, the game evolves and while you were gone, people have been collecting cards and building better decks. What did you expect?
Damn these bastards with lots of money or time to farm the cards.
This month was a hard grind for me, I only made rank 1 but I'm newer and proud of that.

What I've noticed is grinding up without a huge win % is time consuming and tedious.

There are players who have been playing years, but can only surrender a quick hour here and there to play. So they may have huge collections, and even be decent players, but have no time. This sticks those people at lower (read 25-15) ranks. Because of this, you'll face powerful decks easily in those ranges.

Also face hunter is horrible in the current meta. I'd suggest looking over hearthstone top decks, or meta bomb for up to date deck lists in the tier 1-2 bracket and see if you can scrape up the cards for a better deck. If you have a little dust, token druid, and aggro Pally are relatively cheap decks with a 56-60% win rate by able players.
08/30/2017 06:26 PMPosted by Reimu

Hearthstone is hardly as big of an offender. As you collect cards across expansions, you typically get some surplus dust to work with and craft the few critical cards you need from later expansions without having to drop a dime.

Depending on the format, $500 could be a budget deck...

And the second point stands also. Especially with the guaranteed legendary within the first 10 packs of a set, it's easier to get legendaries for very little, even when starting out. But just because you can fit them into a deck, doesn't mean they belong there.
08/30/2017 06:54 PMPosted by Grishhammer
08/30/2017 06:26 PMPosted by Reimu

Depending on the format, $500 could be a budget deck...

And the second point stands also. Especially with the guaranteed legendary within the first 10 packs of a set, it's easier to get legendaries for very little, even when starting out. But just because you can fit them into a deck, doesn't mean they belong there.

This! I've seen people packed full of high cost legendaries with poor mana curve. It must be depressing getting a bad mulligan, and taking face dmg for 5-6 turns with no answer while your opponent builds a buffed up wide board to easily dispatch anything you drop.

Most of my decks have no more than 2 legendaries. I think my pally decks sport 3-4 but that includes a 3 cost bristle, and Tarim who's more of a utility/value/face saver than an actual minion.

The Druid dump deck can be pretty brutal, but has a low win rate, so hey, load that decks all you want.

Legendaries don't equal winning. More times than not it can lead to poor mana curve and horrible early turns which can be game over fast.
They really ought to just give Prince Malchezaar free to every new player. Within a few matches it would teach them that "good deck" and "deck full of legendaries" are not synonyms.
Okay, tell me this isn't frustrating. Playing a stealth/trap hunter deck against a rank 20 priest. The dude resummoned TLK, copies TLK and flooded the board with death knights all game, still took him 28 turns to win. This guy literally spent money to craft a gimmick deck that can only be countered with a similarly tailored deck (no way to do that against a random opponent) that he copied from some streamer he saw.

TL:DR: played guy who literally PAID... to WIN.

Pay to win.
08/31/2017 05:16 PMPosted by badhotel
Okay, tell me this isn't frustrating. Playing a stealth/trap hunter deck against a rank 20 priest. The dude resummoned TLK, copies TLK and flooded the board with death knights all game, still took him 28 turns to win. This guy literally spent money to craft a gimmick deck that can only be countered with a similarly tailored deck (no way to do that against a random opponent) that he copied from some streamer he saw.

Pay to win.

Did it ever occur to you that you're just bad? There's nothing wrong with being bad. In order for there to be an "average" player, there has to be players that are below that average. Nobody wants to admit it's them, but somebody has to be.

Pay to win.

INB4 "bUt YoU sHoUlD HaVe MaNaGeD mANa CuRvE"
08/31/2017 05:19 PMPosted by Elementality

Pay to win.

Did it ever occur to you that you're just bad? There's nothing wrong with being bad. In order for there to be an "average" player, there has to be players that are below that average. Nobody wants to admit it's them, but somebody has to be.

Want my tag?
We'll see how much money you'll have to spend to beat a "bad" free to play player.

So I have to questions:

&

You using a phased out agro deck. Try craft pirate warrior. not even a 10 bucks deck and you can routinely reach rank 5.

Smashing people in the face with your axe on the way to climb
08/31/2017 05:22 PMPosted by badhotel
08/31/2017 05:19 PMPosted by Elementality

Want my tag?
We'll see how much money you'll have to spend to beat a "bad" free to play player.

Oh, you're a CoD kiddie. Shame. No it's OK, I'll let you believe that you're actually above average. Good luck!
I do appreciate the constructive advice though.

From Wikipedia:

"Another game-related use of the term "metagaming" refers to operation on knowledge of the current strategic trends within a game."

there's your answer