Druids...

Play Mode Discussion
Even kolento him self He is playing from top 100 to 9 now with druid..

HE SAID DRUID IS NOT OKAY..

Its really a BrokeBack deck... how long are we going to wait untill we see some nerfs? on ultimate infestation or druid in general?
Argument of authority will not work while I'm here.
08/19/2017 05:53 PMPosted by MaximusDM
Looking at your post history, are you trying to break the downvote record by any chance?
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 1x (1) Naturalize
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Druid of the Swarm
# 1x (2) Tortollan Forager
# 1x (2) Wild Growth
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 1x (3) Crypt Lord
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 1x (4) Arfus
# 1x (4) Fandral Staghelm
# 1x (4) Keeper of the Grove
# 1x (4) Mire Keeper
# 1x (4) Shellshifter
# 1x (4) Strongshell Scavenger
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 1x (5) Faceless Manipulator
# 1x (5) Nourish
# 1x (5) Spreading Plague
# 1x (6) Moonglade Portal
# 1x (6) Sunwalker
# 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
# 1x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (9) Hadronox
# 1x (10) Kun the Forgotten King
# 1x (10) Ultimate Infestation
#
AAECAZICGF/pAZME2QT3BeQIrqsCvq4CorYC4LsCjcACpMIC38QC08UCyccCm80CoM0Ch84Cws4CjtACkdACmdMCr9MCtuICA0D+AcQGAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard

This wins me alot of game and im thinking of replacing that UI because i could use another AOE or Nourish instead . Then i wonder why people hate on jade and UI so much /shrug .

Wish i had razza or kazakus >.> edit : took out unusefull info to shorten post , just because.
It's the same with every expansion, a broken deck dominates the game for months and right before they release a new expansion that's when they issue a nerf.
Its really a BrokeBack deck

"Druid" is not a deck. Druids have 5 decks they currently play. Which one do you speak of? Jade Druid? All I can say is that I sure wish it was as good as all the doomsayers claim. But it gets beaten with dreary regularity. Grinding to Legend with Jade Druid would be a virtually endless chore.
08/19/2017 05:53 PMPosted by MaximusDM

You're trying way too hard to defend druid but in the end the nerf will come whether you like it or not ;)
which type of druid deck is kulitmo playing?
if its that good shouldn't all the top 100 to 1 be all druid decks?
08/20/2017 01:05 AMPosted by MaDDoG

Well... according to VS, from rank 3 to 1, over 40% of players are using druid (48% at rank 1).

Once players hit legend, they tend to start using decks they LIKE to use. Even still, at legend, druid has a usage rate of over 35%.

This has gotta be the most outrageous discrepancy the game has ever seen, and can't be ignored for long.

Source: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/data-reaper-live-beta/
08/19/2017 07:03 PMPosted by TheRiddler

"Druid" is not a deck. Druids have 5 decks they currently play. Which one do you speak of? Jade Druid? All I can say is that I sure wish it was as good as all the doomsayers claim. But it gets beaten with dreary regularity. Grinding to Legend with Jade Druid would be a virtually endless chore.

Nit picking - the last resort of defenders knowing their !@#$ is broken.

That is actually part of the issue. Druid itself has become extremely strong and the decks require completely different mulligan and deck building strategies. While, yes, we'd love all classes to have this balance when only one class does it is going to cause some annoyance as the game gets a repetitive feeling even if the archetypes are different.

People want to see each archetype and each class represented. One or two class and one archetype being 'sacrificed' is okay if the rest is balanced but right now you're not seeing the class diversity but the archetype diversity is there.

08/20/2017 01:05 AMPosted by MaDDoG
which type of druid deck is kulitmo playing?

No, but listen when MR and Aggro Shaman became dominant I didn't protect Shaman on these boards, what I tried to do was intelligently discuss how to balance the class which Blizzard failed at by killing Rockbiter (RIP) when it wasn't the issue but it was how Trogg and OL interacted within aggro, Spirit Claws (although now it'd be fine, just bad timing for it in ONiK), and Doomhammer (what I would target, not Rockbiter).

I enjoy Ramp Druid but I'm not going to act like I know Druid as well as Shaman, Priest, or Paladin. With my experience in Druid the only card that really sticks out is Innervate but I consider that a 'class identity card' and as such don't want to touch it. As such I'm uncertain what to do without killing an archetype.

* Swapping Jade Idol into "Shuffle three shards into your deck" I don't think would change Jade Druid's position much. It might make it slightly weaker to Anduin but not sure if enough to matter

* If I change Ultimate Infestation to "draw 3" from "draw 5" does that matter? Similar to how Maelstorm Portal made Lightning Storm better the mere presence of UI makes Nourish better as I can use it to ramp more freely.

* Nourish might be the card I look at it, but changing it to 6 mana cost kills the card and it has never been an issue until right now. If I want to effect the decks while not touching Innervate it might be the card I test on a closed server first though.
08/20/2017 01:39 AMPosted by Lykotic
* Swapping Jade Idol into "Shuffle three shards into your deck" I don't think would change Jade Druid's position much. It might make it slightly weaker to Anduin but not sure if enough to matter

* If I change Ultimate Infestation to "draw 3" from "draw 5" does that matter? Similar to how Maelstorm Portal made Lightning Storm better the mere presence of UI makes Nourish better as I can use it to ramp more freely.

* Nourish might be the card I look at it, but changing it to 6 mana cost kills the card and it has never been an issue until right now. If I want to effect the decks while not touching Innervate it might be the card I test on a closed server first though.

Increase the cost/reduce the stats of "unleash the taunts", so that aggro decks actually have a chance to keep the deck in check.

This argument of yours would be so much better if it made any sense whatsoever. Just one glance at VS live should make it clear that you are absolutely wrong in every aspect. Rank 1 meta is basically half druid (literally) and it is mostly Jade Druid since it is overwhelmingly the most popular Druid deck. But yeah, bad deck...
Welcome to treehuggerstone
Soooo, what? Go back to the days of huntard or zoolock? Pirate Warrior or Quest Rogue? Freeze Mage?

Druid is finally getting some time in the sun and everyone's wetting their britches.

08/20/2017 01:27 AMPosted by Bowser
Nit picking - the last resort of defenders knowing their !@#$ is broken.

Not really. Without knowing what deck he's referring to, we can't figure out what cards need a nerf or buff or just stay the same.
That is actually part of the issue. Druid itself has become extremely strong and the decks require completely different mulligan and deck building strategies. While, yes, we'd love all classes to have this balance when only one class does it is going to cause some annoyance as the game gets a repetitive feeling even if the archetypes are different.

I wouldn't say the whole Druid class is to strong. I doubt anyone is complaining about beast druid, ramp druid, malygos druid, taunt druid or quest druid. Everyone complains about jade druids (and token druid to a lesser extend), and every post asking for a nerf on X or Y card comes from a jade druid perspective, while ignoring there are dozens of other druid decks out there.

While I can't completely disagree Ultimate Infestation and Spreading plague are maybe a bit to strong, I'm pretty sure nerving them will hurt every other druid deck much more then it will hurt Jade druid.
To me, they are annoying because when they ramp into whatever, it doesnt matter the archetype... they can just win so easy.

Im not saying ramps broken or anything, just that playing vs various druid archetypes isnt as satisfying, win or lose, as it is other classes because. Prolly cuz all of the styles revolve around ramping
08/20/2017 02:35 AMPosted by Urza
Welcome to treehuggerstone

Nah man. I see no trees. Only swarm of bugs and creepy ghouls. These bugs are so nasty... I can't hit face when they are around. They can even be buffed with stronger shells!
Druid summary:

- he has one 5-mana-card that destroys aggros
- he has one 10-mana-card that should cost double and, also , you can play it at turn 6-7 if ramping well
- he has a control deck too strong and straightforward in comparison with others of the same archetype, his late game power is just too huge.
- he has a tier 1 aggro archetype, so you can instantly lose the game if you have chosen inefficient cards in mulligan

Ah, but there is the skulking geist...this class needs a buff! Now!
08/19/2017 06:56 PMPosted by Teletrip
It's the same with every expansion, a broken deck dominates the game for months and right before they release a new expansion that's when they issue a nerf.

Yep. Im guessing end october-mid november for a massive Druid nerf, right before the next expac hits on december.

Also, im guessing an Auctioneer, Innervate and Ice Block being HoFed before first expac in 2018.