Arena Specifics

Arena Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Update 9.4 - 11/14/17
  • Death Knight Hero cards can no longer be drafted in Arena.

Update 9.2 - 10/16/17
  • Vicious Fledgling can no longer be drafted in the Arena.
  • The first two picks in an Arena draft are no longer more likely to include synergy-based cards.
  • As part of our ongoing efforts to improve Class balance in the Arena, small appearance rate adjustments have been made to a number of Arena cards.

Arena Rules - 8/31/17
  • Note: Neutral cards represent the baseline for all draft appearance rates.
  • On average, Arena runs consist of 60% Common, 28% Rare, 10% Epic, and about 2% Legendary cards.
  • Class minions are +100% more common than neutral cards.
  • Class Spells and Weapons are +175% more common than neutral cards.
  • Cards from the latest Expansion receive an additional +50% increase in their appearance rate.
  • The following cards are unavailable in arena
  • Jungle Giants, The Marsh Queen, Open the Waygate, The Last Kaleidosaur, Awaken the Makers, The Caverns Below, Unite the Murlocs, Lakkari Sacrifice, Fire Plume’s Heart, Klaxxi Amber Weaver, Dark Arakkoa, Cult Sorcerer, Hooded Acolyte, Twilight Darkmender, Blade of C’Thun, Usher of Souls, Ancient Shieldbearer, Twilight Geomancer, Disciple of C’Thun, Twilight Elder, C’Thun’s Chosen, Crazed Worshipper, Skeram Cultist, Twin Emperor Vek’lor, Doomcaller, C’Thun, Dust Devil, Totemic Might, Ancestral Healing, Windspeaker, Sacrificial Pact, Sense Demons, Faceless Summoner, Succubus, Savagery, Soul of the Forest, Mark of Nature, Warsong Commander, Rampage, Starving Buzzard, Timber Wolf, Snipe, Mind Blast, Lightwell, Purify and Inner Fire.
  • Flamestrike, Abyssal Enforcer, and Vicious Fledgling appear in drafts 50% less often.
  • Neutral cards from the Classic and Basic set appear 50% less often.
  • Popular cards had small drop rate changes to address class balance concerns.

We’re working to improve the Arena experience, and your feedback is always appreciated!
Thank you for giving us a general idea of the percentage rates of certain cards.

This will help us very much.

Is there any increased drop rate for Frozen Throne expansion cards?
I barked and hounded at arenas depressive state but it's good u guys acted fast three weeks in to indentifying the problems and try to tweak a few things appreciated
08/31/2017 03:26 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Journey to Un'Goro cards receive an additional +50% increase in their appearance rate.

During the KotFT expansion? Is this intended?
Are these percentages additive or multiplicative?

For example, comparing:
(A) a journey to un'goro (+50%) class minion (+100%) rare with
(B) a old gods (+0%) neutral (+0%) rare

Is (A) 150% more common than (B)? [B*(1+50%+100%)]-1 = [B*250%]-1 = B*150%
Or is (A) 200% more common than (B)? [B*(1+50%)*(1+100%)]-1 = [B*300%]-1 = B*200%
This just looks like a copy-pasted info from a previous meta (not mentioning the current expansion's bonus or the notorious synergy picks). And since it's pretending to be a fresh blue post regarding arena, it's more than a little misleading.
09/02/2017 07:22 AMPosted by Aesan
This just looks like a copy-pasted info from a previous meta (not mentioning the current expansion's bonus or the notorious synergy picks). And since it's pretending to be a fresh blue post regarding arena, it's more than a little misleading.
I was thinking the same because they don't mention anything about KFT like hero cards being in arena.
You forgot to remove death knights from arena
Why am I still receiving non-golden common cards as a reward for a 1-2 win arena run?
How about stop tweaking with things and just let everything be available and truly random?
I just lost my first arena run and my arena battle is over! Please help!!!
I find it remarkable that Vicious Fledgling is SUPPOSEDLY rarer to draft now and yet I see it literally every game, no matter what the win-loss ratio, which is far more often than I have ever seen it previously. Don't have an answer? Sorry, you just lose.
Arena is broken anyway
Popular cards had small drop rate changes to address class balance concerns.

This should be published what exactly the changes are. Good arena players that are taking it seriously need to know the offering rate on various cards and are force to wait for outside third party sources to gather data. I like this post clearly stating the rules that are generating our 3 random cards, I just think all micro adjustments should be posted and notify the players the rules they are playing under.

Side idea: after 2 weeks of an expansion, take top 2 classes in winrate, allow players to vote on 1 of 5 cards(top drafted class cards) they would like to see less of from that class and lower the offering rate of that card 10%.

Maybe do neutral cards in the same way.

Doing this may also make forums more active and constructive.
Arena

Update 9.2 - 10/16/17
  • Vicious Fledgling can no longer be drafted in the Arena.
  • The first two picks in an Arena draft are no longer more likely to include synergy-based cards.
  • As part of our ongoing efforts to improve Class balance in the Arena, small appearance rate adjustments have been made to a number of Arena cards.

We’re working to improve the Arena experience, and your feedback is always appreciated!

Why don't you tell us which card are affected by the appearance rate adjustements? It would be a good information for us to have..
Hey Vicious Fledgling will appear 50% less of none of the time.
Also thank you!
So people who get lucky in drafts with hero cards are now *even more* likely to crush you? I don't see anything wrong with straight up getting rid of the card in arena. To be fair though it's not like I know anything about running an indie game company.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Soooo..... death knights still available to draft? If yes, why? Vicious Fledgeling is bad arena experience, I agree. Then how about Frost Lich Jaina or Rexxar?
lol