Top 10 Most OP decks in Hearthstone History

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
04/20/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Nuke
Hand or Cube lock????

compared to some old now nerfed decks, theyre nothing, undertaker prenerf, small tim bucaneer, trogg + prenerf spirit claws, miracle with leerroy at 4, patron, alex removing armor aswell, waesong giving all your miniosns charge,hunter with 2mana 2/2 buzzard and 2mana unleash, or even 2/1 for 2 buzzard, unerfed arcane golem and leper gnome aggro decks, early frozen throne jade druid(helly turn 4 ultimate infestation !)

Think at time a dev once said undertaker hunter had like 60% winrate accros all ranks or atleast close to

And for pirate warrior dane has a clip of him getting a turn 1malganis vs one and still nearly loosiing, and the warrior dint even draw that good compared to what it could.
08/23/2017 11:17 AMPosted by Herodreamer
EDIT!

List updated as of 4/20/18

IN ORDER OF OF RELEASE
Face Hunter (Beta-BRM meta)
Huntertaker (Naxx meta)
Patron Warrior (BRM meta)
Secret Paladin (TGT meta)
Midrange Shaman (ONIK meta)
Pirate Warrior (MSG meta)
Jade Druid (JTU meta)
Raza Priest (KFT meta)
Cube Lock (KC meta)

Too early to add current Witchwood decks to the list. We'll see how things shape up as we near the Nerf Patch

Quest Rogue and Mech Mage are bubble decks.

This is just going to be my opinion. I haven't been around for Undertaker but I've heard the horror stories and seen the footage. I am also not going to include decks that were quickly nerfed. This is just my own personal opinion based on what I hated and what I could never beat.

1. Undertaker (at the top just based on the reputation).
2. Pirate Warrior (probably the only deck that could win on turn 5).
3. Secret Paladin (at the time this sucker was like a free pass to legend - nothing countered it and it countered practically everything except maybe priest).
4. Patron Warrior (I am putting this one a little bit lower on the list because it took quite a bit of time to get the combo going and some skill to know what you were doing).
5. Face Hunter / Midrange Shaman (tie on these two)
Malygos Paladin (Pre-Alpha Meta)
Envenom Rogue (Alpha Meta)
Death Wish Warrior (Alpha Meta)
04/20/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Jesse Hill

Oh man, you can’t reference alpha decks without some elaboration!
The #1 most OP deck in Hearthstone period: Wild mode- Mill Rogue With Shinies

It's the single deck in Hearthstone that I have a 0% winrate against
I'm relatively new to this game as I started playing when Midrange Shaman was the best deck, and I remember the deck was very strong, in fact I think I haven't seen a meta yet where a deck has been so popular. Shaman was all over the place.

On the other hand, I'm impressed that people don't list pre nerf STB Pirate Warrior, to me this deck was the worst, consistently ending a game on turn 5, even if you managed to play a few taunts. That was insane. If Undertaker Hunter was worst/faster than Pirate Warrior, then that meta must've been hell because up until this day, I haven't witness a deck as bad as Pirate Warrior.
The most op deck ever : Big Priest
08/23/2017 02:51 PMPosted by Orzel
Pre Nerf Beta Freeze Mage

omg the fun killer itself, even mentioning this deck should be a bannable offense.

I would rather play against ANY of the other decks than freeze mage. At least there is SOME interaction with them.

Freeze mage was so bad people were running silence just to silence their own minions.
Was Undertaker Hunter worst than Pirate Warrior? Most games ended at turn 5/6 against Pirate Warrior.
08/23/2017 11:29 AMPosted by Penolo
Mech Mage was brutal in GVG, only people who would think otherwise are people who never played GVG
Yea I still see nightmares about GvG era of mech mage and man it was disgusting, after the naxx hunter nerf the game literally had became Magestone Heroes of Mechcraft until BRM.
Miracle rogue with leeroy with 4 mana and auctioneer with 5 mana is first by a landslide.
04/20/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Darkstar
Was Undertaker Hunter worst than Pirate Warrior? Most games ended at turn 5/6 against Pirate Warrior.

I don't remember it being as bad as people like to make it out. It was just a stupid snowball card that won a lot of games.
04/20/2018 05:31 PMPosted by CallmeCrazy
04/20/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Darkstar

I don't remember it being as bad as people like to make it out. It was just a stupid snowball card that won a lot of games.

It was recently cited as the highest global win rate deck the game has seen, and yes, it was just as quick as PW. And if you didnt have a hooter in hand on T2 if they played UT on curve it was pretty much game over right then most of the time.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It was recently cited as the highest global win rate deck the game has seen, and yes, it was just as quick as PW. And if you didnt have a hooter in hand on T2 if they played UT on curve it was pretty much game over right then most of the time.
The winrate is not enough to claim a deck as the most OP I think, because I know that decks that have been OP in the past wouldn't be as good today. I never saw Undertaker Hunter therefore I ask, would this deck destroy Raza Priest or Cubelock? These decks are very good at controlling the board. But I know PW would.

PW also has few openings that was GG for most decks. Nzoth Mate alone was insanely good, was even worse with STB.

PW was so disgusting that not only Blizzard had to nerf the deck, they also released a few cards to counter this deck in the next expansion (Tar Creeper, Golakka, etc.). Im really having a hard time believing any other deck has been as fast as PW, which ended games consistently on turn 5. I remember all the complains on these forums lol
04/20/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Darkstar
04/20/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Rule34

The winrate is not enough to claim a deck as the most OP I think, because I know that decks that have been OP in the past wouldn't be as good today. I never saw Undertaker Hunter therefore I ask, would this deck destroy Raza Priest or Cubelock? These decks are very good at controlling the board. But I know PW would.

PW also has few openings that was GG for most decks. Nzoth Mate alone was insanely good, was even worse with STB.

All will say is Ive been playing since S2 and UH was the only deck that made me take a break from the game. I'll take PW any day over that. Again, that doesnt make a deck OP. In their respective metas I would say UH was far stronger than PW, and thats the only real way you can determine a decks strength, in comparison to its respective meta. Trying to do what you ask is nothing but speculation as UH was nerfd into oblivion long before Razakus and Cubelock were even a twinkle in the Innkeepers eye.
Think of it like this, all you folks who were blessed enough to miss the UH meta: Undertaker could snowball a board like Frothing Berserker can, but it started 2 turns earlier AND it was sticky as heck. It’s quite likely that if it had not been nerfed, we wouldn’t have a Nagalock/Aggro Paladin meta in Wild, it would still be “death by UH turn 5” in nearly every game.
Don't forget Shaman was so good Blizzard nerfed it -TWICE!- and it was STILL dominant.
My biggest issue with Hearthstone development is how they always give the best decks great cards when they don't need them.

Like Shaman for instance... the only weakness of that deck was no early game AOE. So Blizzard gives it Maelstrom Portal and a busted 1 mana weapon with insane synergy for it. (while the worst class Priest gets Purify)

Jade Druid during Mean Streets was a strong deck but had two big weaknesses that kept it in check... vulnerability to aggro beat downs and lack of healing... so what does blizzard do? Prints Spreading Plague and Earthen Scales... why would you do that? (while the worst class shaman got random weak Freeze synergy cards)
04/20/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Odyssesus
Oh man, you can’t reference alpha decks without some elaboration!

Uhhhh.....maybe soon :) Would be a cool topic to discuss where some of the cards have come from to where they are now.
04/20/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Jesse Hill

lol....everyone just got schooled.