Hearthstone Slow/laggy Fix

Technical Support
So, after doing a lot of reading, and dealing with config file corruptions in the past for both games and apps, I seem to have resolved the issue for me. The resolution, assuming there was something wrong in, with or about the following file:

C:\Users\<yourUserName>\AppData\Local\Blizzard\Hearthstone\options.txt

All I did was rename the file to:

options.old

And let the game rebuild it. Now its running fine. Blizzard won't admit it, but there is something causing a corruption/config error in this file, usually following a patch. It may or may not be them, but its the issue - its this file, at least for me.

The game is now running smooth and I am having no issues several launches into playing.

Hope this works for some of you or all.

-Pos...
God bless you fam, this took care of it. Has been driving me nuts, I thought something's off with my SSD since HS is on it.

Thanks a ton!
I have had the problem of the game running slow, and deleting the options.txt file didn't fix it. I have "resolved" my problem by turning off my antiviral software (Panda).
Worked for me, thank you VERY MUCH !!
Worked for me asswell....The game starts to feel alive again .

Thanks Poseidon!
ty
Ty, my game hasn't run this smooth in a couple months.
ty, now it runs so smooth.
Hey Poseidon,

I found your solution to my problem but when i go into my user AppData is nowhere to be found and when i dug a bit further (Opening heartstones file location) the option.txt was also nowhere to be found. Can you maybe help me with this problem, Thank

-Snowflake aka Dollar store Jade Druid
Thank you Poseidon, I will sacrifice many fishes to you.
Thanks for the tip on renaming the options file, worked for me! :)
Thank you!
I could kiss you.
How do i start? im not very good with computers :(

(when i mean start i mean how do i rename the game files and everything)

Thanks
04/14/2018 01:51 AMPosted by JellyDonut
How do i start? im not very good with computers :(

(when i mean start i mean how do i rename the game files and everything)

Thanks

scratch that, just figured it out.

IT WORKS!!!! IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!!
I cannot find this file anywhere... can someone help me locate it?
aw didn't work for me :(

My pages turn really slow when trying to create a deck, i used to be able to fly through the pages as fast as I can click, now it takes about 1 second to go through each page
I love you
02/04/2018 04:54 AMPosted by Ximmy
Hey Poseidon,

I found your solution to my problem but when i go into my user AppData is nowhere to be found and when i dug a bit further (Opening heartstones file location) the option.txt was also nowhere to be found. Can you maybe help me with this problem, Thank

-Snowflake aka Dollar store Jade Druid

same here, any solution to this?
@Aghabi Appdata is invisible by default, go to folder options and turn invisible folders visible. Instructions for this are easy to find on google.