Wild is unplayable thanks to Naga Sea Witch

Play Mode Discussion
Highly Rated
So while we've all focused on the Fiery War Axe nerf and how completely stupid it is, another balance change a month ago slipped under the radar hardly anyone is talking about. For those who play on Wild know exactly what I'm talking about.

You are all familiar with the card Naga Sea Witch right? Added in League of Explorers, a 5 mana 5/5 that while active all your cards cost 5. Simple card, saw play in some combo and gimmick decks, but that's about it...until now. Apparently in Patch 9.0.0 (AKA the Knights of the Frozen Throne patch) they gave Naga Sea Witch a shadow buff. Now, Naga Sea Witch's 5 mana effect IGNORES cost reduction. What this means is, it discounts your Giants even more now. For example, you have two Mountain Giants and some Arcade Golems after playing a few spells earlier. All these cards are in your hand by turn 5, then you play Naga Sea Witch. Congratulations, all your Mountain and Arcade Giants are now free. Add that with Druid's ridiculous ramp capabilities and you have a recipe for disaster.

Wild is now swarming with Naga Sea Witch decks at the higher ranks. It's gotten out of control.
Highly Rated
They'll probably nerf it in a couple months after it has completely destroyed your interest in the game.
09/10/2017 01:08 AMPosted by Wulfric
They'll probably nerf it in a couple months after it has completely destroyed your interest in the game.

Perfect, just... Perfect.
Link me the deck? Thanks!
09/10/2017 01:08 AMPosted by Wulfric

They could also just reverse the unintended consequences of the change...
09/10/2017 01:47 AMPosted by TrueECP
hey could also just reverse the unintended consequences of the change

Admit they know nothing about balancing the game? Seems like a long shot.

I doubt anything will be reverted, maybe new cards for next expansion need this card (or a similar effect on a new card) to be viable in wild after the new cards are released, not sure why else they would even make this change.

The alternative is they wanted to swarm wild with Druid/Giant/Naga decks
They have probably fixed something else which resulted in this too?

Let's hope for the next patch to fix this.

P.S.: Aaand they confirmed that was intentional. What intentions exactly remains unclear...
This is a nice test. If they care about Wild like they say they do then it should be fixed promptly. Whose holding their breath?
Agreed. They went and ruined my only haven to have some fun with the game. My precious wild mode is screwed right now. Thanks, blizzard.

There's other things to do with ones time. Whatever.
I think Brode is aware and mentioned they are looking at it but atm it has 50% win rate
It's all fun and games with giant druid until you face razakus priest. The DK alone destroys the flood of giants.
They better nerf the decks you don't like really quick, so that you can start complaining about other decks you lose to, right?

If the strategy is strong, you can play it yourself. If it is weak, what are you complaining about? Do you think it is strong and you choose to play a weaker deck in a competitive environnment by choice? Sounds very stupid to me.
I mean, it's called WILD for a reason right ?
We warned this mode would equal to dumpster mode long ago
09/10/2017 05:52 AMPosted by JohnyDebt
It's all fun and games with giant druid until you face razakus priest. The DK alone destroys the flood of giants.

Yesterday they dropped me 4 giants in round 4-5. How the dk will stop them?

(Also im not playing priest)
09/10/2017 06:32 AMPosted by MaximusDM

Still not as bad as Druidstone, mate. As much as I hate what they did with the Naga, it's a one trick deck - annoying as hell, yes, but still ages away from the insufferable pain in the @$$ that is Druidstone.

inb4 "Nothing's wrong with druid!"
The deck isn't overbearing, but it is extremely obnoxious to play against. Either you have a hard board wipe on T5/6 (which is impossible for most classes), or have board presence and single target removal/weaker AoE in your hand, or you just instantly lose the game. I've been playing Wild Razakus Priest, which has a fairly good matchup, but if I don't have light bomb and/or DK Anduin, the game is pretty much over for me. Plus, the fact that it's a deck that can be run by any class means that the meta will likely become extremely dull as more and more players pick up the deck. Finally, because druids apparently weren't already oppressive enough in standard and with Jade in Wild, they benefit the most from this interaction with their ramp and UI letting them drop more giants even faster. So, I wouldn't be upset at all to see this change reverted back to how it was before.
09/10/2017 05:45 AMPosted by MurlocHolmes
I think Brode is aware and mentioned they are looking at it but atm it has 50% win rate

He didn't say anything. Some other members of the HS team did though, and said "yes, the buff was intentional." https://mobile.twitter.com/EntropyQ1/status/902985619172859904

They aren't gonna fix it, because why would they? No one cares about Wild being balanced since hey it's supposed to be "wild" right?
09/10/2017 06:32 AMPosted by MaximusDM
Then cards that were nerfed that are no longer in standard should be reverted back to their original state. This would at least being some variety back to Wild
Wild is a strange place...
Running exodia/freeze mage, t5 nova doomsayer normally does it