Oktobrawl, am I missing something?

Play Mode Discussion
Well, she's hot though ^_^
09/07/2017 09:47 AMPosted by Frozenwind
09/07/2017 09:29 AMPosted by sturobhaas
also I want to clarify

Without even getting into that conversation, you seriously need to use the enter/return button as you post.
. I am on a mobile device at the office at work... I have a Windows phone and it's very difficult to use with these forums... Sorry about the formatting.
It's not oktobrawl, violence solves nothing
Twitch prime accounts with all promo for actual date. Region free/global
Mail me bestoscript@gmail.com
Oktoberbrawl is for losers.
Streamers will have more fun with this new mode made for them.
Meanwhile blizzard gives you a big middle finger, have fun and pay prime ^^
Such a scam lol.
09/11/2017 05:59 AMPosted by MaximusDM
Oktoberbrawl is for losers.
Streamers will have more fun with this new mode made for them.
Meanwhile blizzard gives you a big middle finger, have fun and pay prime ^^
Such a scam lol.
Or get a free trial, then cancel it once you have the cardbacks and participate for free.
As far as I can tell, its a series of exhibition games that will happen on twitch. Each team gets a number of packs from a specific set and they use those cards to make decks to play against the other team. People subscribed to twitch prime will get 2 card backs, one for each team. The number of packs the streamers get for their draft is based on the number of wins that the hearthstone community gets when using the card back associated with their team.
Just to be clear: can someone explain why I would want to 'join in'?
09/11/2017 11:48 AMPosted by Hroswaladr

Cosmetic card backs. And a sense of being part of a group effort headed by well known streamers. If neither interest you, you are not missing much.
So, had anyone figured out how to actually get the card backs? I thought it was supposed to be under the loot link after linking the account, but it just shows a bunch of streams and nothing else...

Would be nice if there was an incentive to help the team you chose. Like the people that helped the winning team gets a few free packs. Otherwise I can see people just sign up to get the free cardbacks and then not even bother to use them.
09/11/2017 12:45 PMPosted by Grishhammer
So, had anyone figured out how to actually get the card backs? I thought it was supposed to be under the loot link after linking the account, but it just shows a bunch of streams and nothing else...
It wasn't available as of server reset this morning, but so just woke up and checked twitch and it's available as loot now.
09/11/2017 01:03 PMPosted by Wardrum
09/11/2017 12:45 PMPosted by Grishhammer
It wasn't available as of server reset this morning, but so just woke up and checked twitch and it's available as loot now.

I got it figured out. Had to stop viewing the page in mobile compatibility mode so that I could actually find stuff on it.

For Amazon Prime - You get the benefits of Prime membership; movies, books, free shipping, etc...

For Twitch Prime - You get "in game loot" every month for a variety of games. Blizzard games among them. Tyrande Whisperwind was first released as a Twitch Prime "loot".

Now, there's "Oktoberbrawl", that gets you two new free card backs and a chance to participate in a celebrity grudge match by helping your chosen team of celebrities to have more cards to play with than the opponents. It's a month long party game, essentially.

In November, they're giving away another free card back. In January, they're giving away two free packs (probably either Classic or whatever the newest set is at that point).

They're also giving out bonuses for Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch.

If, like me, you already have an Amazon Prime account, then it costs you nothing to sign up for Twitch Prime and get a bunch of stuff free every month.

If you only want to get the current free thing, then as has been suggested, you can try Prime on trial basis and sign up for Twitch Prime and get just the current promotion, then cancel your Prime trial.
09/07/2017 09:01 AMPosted by Amideus
09/07/2017 08:57 AMPosted by sturobhaas
I think if we go back to the two teams it's more like the one team has salty more casual pros plus a girl

I like how the most descriptive characteristic some people can give to Allie is her gender. Not a dig at you, just an observation about females in gaming.

What observation is that, exactly? Allie is a dime a dozen nobody from a skill perspective. She is popular for precisely two reasons: she's female and attractive.

Without those two features, what about her is notable? She can hit Legend? So do thousands of unknowns every single month. If we go by merit/skill alone, she receives a disproportionate amount of attention for her skill level. I have no problem with her being popular for whatever reason, as if she can draw in viewers then that's great. What I hate is listening to people delude themselves and make excuses for people like her when it's obvious why people are watching her. If her personality and skill level were kept identical but you turned her into an ugly asian man, she wouldn't be getting featured in all of this Blizzard stuff and her viewership would be nothing.

So when you complain about attitudes people have towards women and how her only notable feature to most guys is "girl", you're kinda choosing a terrible example to make your argument because she is a prime example of a nobody getting attention precisely because she IS a girl.

That's not saying that's the case of all women, because you have a player like Hafu that is genuinely very intelligent and skilled and her being female, while a novelty still, doesn't matter because her more defining feature is that she is one of the best Arena players to exist. I'm sure she does receive some unfair treatment and I'm under no delusion that women are never mistreated in gaming. But it also doesn't surprise me that they've earned this kind of "lol grrl" treatment when people like Allie exist.
09/07/2017 06:15 AMPosted by Bob
Is this the WORST PROMOTION EVER or am I misunderstanding it?

Nope. The worst promotion was Tyrande, by far.

There is no way this comes close.
Dude you totally put it into a position where you look retarded. Prime is not only for cardbacks and when you get the cardbacks you get to keep them you don't have to play with those cardbacks or anyting and they wil be in your account permenantely. Please have some sense.