Any counters to Priest?

Play Mode Discussion
Serious question, getting over 70% priests in the last 30 games. I tried Midrange hunter, secret mage, zoolock, kele rogue, and elemental mage previously with only about a 50% winrate against priest at most.

Is there any straight counter to pew pew priest or just wait for nerfs?

Thanks.
What's the winrate for Tempo Rogue against Highlander Priest?
10/22/2017 03:53 PMPosted by SlimReaper
What's the winrate for Tempo Rogue against Highlander Priest?

Hsreplay says about 51%, personally it's a little under 40%
Jade Druid, Big Druid, Exodia Mage, Control Mage, Big Priest, Renounce Warlock. Those are some decks I think should do well against highlander priest. None of them are free wins but you can win most of the time with them.
The mage decks are only decent because no priest plays eater of secrets. Big priest and Renounce Warlock are awesome if you hit barnes by turn 4, Big Priest has more big threats afterwards and Renounce can make big tempo plays. Druid can make tons of armour and pressure the priest with big minions.
10/22/2017 04:16 PMPosted by Shuaib
Jade Druid, Big Druid, Exodia Mage, Control Mage, Big Priest, Renounce Warlock. Those are some decks I think should do well against highlander priest. None of them are free wins but you can win most of the time with them.
The mage decks are only decent because no priest plays eater of secrets. Big priest and Renounce Warlock are awesome if you hit barnes by turn 4, Big Priest has more big threats afterwards and Renounce can make big tempo plays. Druid can make tons of armour and pressure the priest with big minions.

This sounds pretty close to correct. I imagine older decks like Freeze Mage and Miracle Rogue also do quite well.
Mill rogue and mill druid. Doing great against priest.
Just copying pasting my response from another thread:

10/21/2017 05:04 PMPosted by Lykotic
Define consistently here... there are quite a few decks that are favored against Razakus (Priest's most common deck) which is why the data has shown Razakus slowly becoming worse in the meta.
Here is a quick list of the ones I'd recommend:
Big Druid
Big Priest
Murlocadin
Jade Druid
Silence Priest

You can also go Hunter to target Priest but it worse against the rest of the field than the above decks.
10/22/2017 04:20 PMPosted by August Dean Ayala
This sounds pretty close to correct. I imagine older decks like Freeze Mage and Miracle Rogue also do quite well.

Highlander Priest has too much healing for Freeze Mage and Miracle Rogue to deal with consistently. You're better off with Lykotic's list.

And all of which will empty my wallet. Any cheaper options?
10/22/2017 04:30 PMPosted by Majesty

Yea. Go outside and bang some stones together. Not only do you get a good arm and cardio workout, but it's also free. You might get to see some birds and wildlife. You can't really put a price on natures beauty.
[quote="207575918870"]

keleseth rogue, it dominate the meta right now, and is favored against priest. there might be way to tweak deck to improve even more the priest match up.
10/22/2017 04:30 PMPosted by Majesty

I've faired pretty well against them with Secret Mage using Cobalt Scalebane instead of Bittertide Hydra.

Not 100% correct. Remember that Greater Healing Potion (coupled with Shadow Visions to pull multiple copies) AND Priest of the Feast are commonly played cards. Velen is also a potential speed bump.

The decks you mentioned only do well under the very specific condition that the Priest is somehow unable to heal themselves enough so that they die to burst damage, which isn't always the case. In fact, Priests are very good at cycling through their decks and pulling the spells they need.

A more reasonable answer would be Tempo Rogue since the class puts forward an insane amount of attrition on the board that Priests can have issues dealing with in the early game.
Miracle rogue is too slow to beat priest

The problem with that is none of those decks do good vs tempo rouge. The most annoying part about this meta is there no deck that beats both highlander preist and tempo rouge and force them to be more honest and have a few tech cards. They just coin flip each other and beat everyone else
10/22/2017 07:13 PMPosted by pucku22
The problem with that is none of those decks do good vs tempo rouge. The most annoying part about this meta is there no deck that beats both highlander preist and tempo rouge and force them to be more honest and have a few tech cards. They just coin flip each other and beat everyone else

Is this really Highlander Priest's fault, though? Or is it Tempo Rogue's?

I can think of several solid counters to Highlander Priest. I can think of one soft counter to Tempo Rogue.

I'm not sure that I'd call Tempo Rogue overpowered, but it's definitely skating that line.
tourney banned tempo rogue.
From experience, I can tell you that Jungle Druid spanks Razakus Priest pretty easily.
i play a lot of freeze mage and they could counter priest although the greater healing potion is annoying. most decks don’t run this i find
Hi, for wild I've been playing a control hunter. Although this is a small sample size I've beaten 9/10 Razakus priest at rank 5 and above with this deck. It is difficult to pilot but the priest match-up when played correctly is highly favoured.

What you want to do is try and mill their combo cards, pull them out with deathlord or dirty rat and then destroy them. Healbots refill your health and your DK hero power overwhelms them in the late game when they run out of removal. Be warned, the learning curve is very steep like a 90 degree incline.... (and control hunter, LOL)

### Toolbox Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (2) Dirty Rat
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Novice Engineer
# 2x (2) Quick Shot
# 2x (2) Toxic Arrow
# 2x (2) Unstable Ghoul
# 2x (2) Youthful Brewmaster
# 2x (3) Coldlight Oracle
# 2x (3) Deadly Shot
# 2x (3) Deathlord
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Stitched Tracker
# 2x (5) Antique Healbot
# 1x (5) Sludge Belcher
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
#
AAEBAR8CgQ6G0wIOnAKfA8kE+AfFCP4M9w3+DZAO9Q/UEd/EApjNAtPNAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone