elemental shaman is really underrated

Play Mode Discussion
it has so many ways to keep its hand full with spirit echo, mana tide (+ tons of taunts), and servant of kalimos that it almost never runs out of threats like many other tempo-ey decks do. It can get boardcleared over and over and just keep filling up the board without even running out of cards. Its not making particularly weak boards either.

in my experience its very strong and very underrated. I'd encourage all of you to give it a try.
I actually run a Jade Elemental deck (Shaman). Servant of Kalimos can either discover a powerful Elemental (Kalimos) or fuel your Jade (Jade Spirit).

The deck works fine, but I don't think it's a hidden gem.
Working on one myself. Just crafted Kalimos. Mind posting your decklist?
I haven't had as much success with it as I have with Elemental Mage, but it's been a great deck to play since Un'Goro hit and will still remain one of my all-time favorite decks.

Pure Elemental:
### Pure Ele
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 1x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Flametongue Totem
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 2x (3) Hot Spring Guardian
# 1x (3) Lightning Storm
# 1x (3) Mana Tide Totem
# 2x (3) Spirit Echo
# 1x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (4) Fire Plume Phoenix
# 2x (4) Hex
# 2x (4) Tol'vir Stoneshaper
# 2x (5) Servant of Kalimos
# 1x (5) Thrall, Deathseer
# 2x (6) Fire Elemental
# 2x (7) Blazecaller
# 1x (8) Kalimos, Primal Lord
#
AAECAaoIBoEE9QT2vQLzwgLKwwLrzwIMvQH7Af4F8AegtgKZwgKswgLrwgLCwwKHxAKXxwLIxwIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Elemetal/Jade:
### Ele/Jade
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 1x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Flametongue Totem
# 2x (2) Jade Claws
# 2x (2) Maelstrom Portal
# 2x (3) Mana Tide Totem
# 2x (3) Spirit Echo
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (4) Hex
# 2x (4) Jade Lightning
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 2x (5) Servant of Kalimos
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 2x (6) Fire Elemental
# 1x (6) Thing from Below
# 2x (7) Blazecaller
# 1x (8) Kalimos, Primal Lord
#
AAECAaoIBPuqApS9Ava9AvPCAg29AYEE/gXwB6C2Aoe8As+8AtG8ApvCAuvCAsLDApfHAsjHAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
1/3rd of your deck above 6 is probably too greedy for elemental jade version
10/23/2017 06:09 PMPosted by Urza
1/3rd of your deck above 6 is probably too greedy for elemental jade version
Thing From Below is never played as a 6. The rest has been pretty standard for a while, though I've considered swapping Blazecaller for Bonemare.

Even so, TFB included makes it 7 out of 30 cards that's 6 and above. This isn't abnormal at all and is a far cry from 1/3.
Love this deck. I always fall into the trap of trying to make Ozruk work. It usually doesn't, but sometimes I make a 5/40 taunt and cackle to myself.
10/23/2017 06:23 PMPosted by August Dean Ayala
Love this deck. I always fall into the trap of trying to make Ozruk work. It usually doesn't, but sometimes I make a 5/40 taunt and cackle to myself.
This is what I did for the last few weeks in Un'Goro, though with Mage instead.

The amount of Flame Elementals you can get from Flame Geyser and the FGs you generate from Steam Surger can set up some pretty nasty Ozruks.

Ozruk is a trap card. The only time I consider using it... is when I discover it in very late game!

If you use too many elemental minions to buff it, your elemental chain will be broken and you will lose horribly.
I feel that Elemental Shaman has really dropped off in KoFT compared to Un'Goro meta. In Un'Goro I could hang a 60% winrate through a season to r5 but in KoFT, to be honest, I haven't even tried a ton because every time I bring the deck out other decks seems to out value or out perform it.

Tempo Rogue tends to get too established in the early game, Druid has become an issue for the deck due to Spreading Plague causing a delay when you really want to smashing damage in, although I expect post-nerf this is a much more fair matchup.

Exodia and Razakus would be annoying to face off (Exodia was in Un'Goro with the deck) but would probably be decks that are annoying to face but not impossible.

./shrug hoping it rises back up for me next rotation =)
10/23/2017 06:31 PMPosted by DoomBringer

Ozruk is a trap card. The only time I consider using it... is when I discover it in very late game!

If you use too many elemental minions to buff it, your elemental chain will be broken and you will lose horribly.
It's still fun to bum around in Casual with, though it was much better when FLJ wasn't an option and even then it was best played as a 5/15 unless you could really rack up some Flame Eles.

Low on the competitive power, high on the luls.
It was really strong in Un'goro. First time I made it to 10 with a fun homebrew deck. KFT dumptrucked it and I don't know why. My current guess is a meta shift made it a lot less viable. It was good against aggro and control, pretty bad against midrange and tempo
10/23/2017 08:01 PMPosted by SquidLips
It was really strong in Un'goro. First time I made it to 10 with a fun homebrew deck. KFT dumptrucked it and I don't know why. My current guess is a meta shift made it a lot less viable. It was good against aggro and control, pretty bad against midrange and tempo

More powerful minions were introduced with no conditions to be met. If you stumble at all the deck really falls behind quickly. Right now there isn't enough density of pay off cards either.
I’ve had tones of fun with elemental Shaman with Jade package at the start of KFT pre-patch. It was run like a control deck with 2 hexes. I abandoned the deck after hex was changed to 4 mana.

I like elemental Shaman but it really weak in this meta. It can’t compete against other tempo decks early game and loses to control decks in late game. I am really looking forward to the next expansion though. With MsoG rotating out, elemental decks might end up being in a better spot.
Trump's Free to play run is using Elemental Mage with DK Jaina. He threw in two golakka crawlers because pirates.
Shaman death knight works well with it