Is anyone else incredibly unlucky?

Play Mode Discussion
I figured I would try arena for Halloween since the special arena seems fun. I go in and make my deck, nothing spectacular, but I do have 2 blizzards, a firelands portal and frostlich Janna as Warlock/mage so I was excited. I ended up 2-3 and across those games not once did I get lucky in any way. I faced a mage/priest that crystaline oracled babbling book from me, which gave him a cabalist's tome, which game his blizzard, meteor, and another cabalist's tome, which then gave him another cabalist's tome. He went from being behind in hand and field to board control and 8 cards in hand when I lost. I also faced a Rogue/shaman that played stonehill, got a lich king from it, which gave him death grip, which stole my stone hill which gave him another lich king. And worst of all, across all 5 games not once drew any of the 4 cards I was excited about, including the second to last game where all 4 were in the bottom 6 cards of my deck.

This is just my first game of this, but my luck has been pretty bad in almost everything I played recently, hearthstone or not. Anyone else have any unlucky halloween hearthstone stories?
Arena is crap.

This one was kinda fun tho. I actually paid for one run of 3 losses in a row.

Which brings me back to, crap.
If you went 2-3, you weren't incredibly unlucky. You were the minimum of amount unlucky in that run without simply becoming normal.
10/25/2017 11:37 AMPosted by SpeedyRogue
If you went 2-3, you weren't incredibly unlucky. You were the minimum of amount unlucky in that run without simply becoming normal.

I gave examples of the incredibly unlucky parts of the run with the intent to share my experience and see if anyone else has had any interesting unlucky games. The two games I talked about were 2 of my loses who were mostly due to unlucky RNG, yes that means my other loss and 2 wins were not incredibly unlucky, but also we not lucky either considering i did not draw my DK, firelands, or either of my board clears even once. The post was meant to show my experience and see what others have experienced, I am sorry that it went over your head.
Considering this post was meant to have people share their experiences where they got unlucky as just a fun post in discussion, but only seems to have attracted people who are mad at arena and people who do not know how to interact in social situations, I guess I'll just leave it hear. I expected too much from this community.
10/25/2017 11:51 AMPosted by Sou1Ace
Considering this post was meant to have people share their experiences where they got unlucky as just a fun post in discussion, but only seems to have attracted people who are mad at arena and people who do not know how to interact in social situations, I guess I'll just leave it hear. I expected too much from this community.

Yes, if you're looking for someone to coo softly into your ear and tell you how unfair the world is, a public forum is probably not the place for it.
Second run yesterday up against a Warlock/Druid I am playing Paladin/Priest. Long game (23 turns) with lots of back and forth. Last turn he has a lotus agent and a slime from an infested Tauren. I have four minions on board representing lethal and three cards left in my deck. We are both sitting at 13 health. The last two cards in his hand end up being Savage Roar and Windspeaker. Was really disappointed because I was behind most of the game but was able to make smart plays to stay in and take him to fatigue, only to lose to the last two cards in his deck.

Here is a link to the replay if anyone is interested.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/22xeTuhccZ9VdAyakwGchH
10/25/2017 11:51 AMPosted by Sou1Ace

I like it when people respond they way I want them to respond.

I don't care for differences of opinion.

Oh well, guess I'll take some more selfies and post them on Instagram and see how many people like me...
Kripp is pretty unlucky I heard.
10/25/2017 04:41 PMPosted by August Dean Ayala

heh and +1
make your own luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_biaTJeolLA
seriously though, if you want to progress at the game, stop blaming RNG and start second guessing your moves.

I was like you a year back, blaming my loss on RNG. As i gain experience with the game and becomes better and better, i find that the RNG part of the game that everyone seems so up in arms about, is not that oppressing, and can be countered. Of course, there are game you have complete crap RNG but most game, it's how you can play your card, bluff your opponent and either stick to your gameplan or adapt to the situation that will dictate the outcome.

The moment i stopped blaming RNG and instead question my own plays, is the moment i started making giant progress all the way to legend.
I feel tremendously unlucky with with this game. I decided to ladder tonight but faced nothing but tier 1 net decks who draw like gods on curve every game or discover/top deck the perfect answer every time. It's very disheartening.

If i get it right, this has to do with kripps latest videos.
I find it pretty bad if not terrible for blizzard posts to ''make fun'' of streamers who just happen to disagree with the current arena state.
Cripp sugested a few things for the arena state (and hes right imo). If you can counter them do it but if not dont write ironic comments. It just doesnt suit game designers to have such a behaviour.
10/25/2017 06:28 PMPosted by TheChemist

I find it pretty bad if not terrible for blizzard posts to ''make fun'' of streamers who just happen to disagree with the current arena state.
Cripp sugested a few things for the arena state (and hes right imo). If you can counter them do it but if not dont write ironic comments. It just doesnt suit game designers to have such a behaviour.

No, you dont "get it right". Kripp has eternally been claiming to be "unlucky" whenever he loses, Dean was just having a bit of fun at his expense. And, given his recent activity here, I think thats acceptable.
10/25/2017 06:30 PMPosted by Bowser
No, you dont "get it right". Kripp has eternally been claiming to be "unlucky" whenever he loses, Dean was just having a bit of fun at his expense. And, given his recent activity here, I think thats acceptable.

Maybe i misunderstood it. Aside from that, i like it a lot seeing all these blizzard posts the last few days.

Lighten up dude. This is why Blizz doesn't post too much here.

Kripp is a close friend of mine. He has many opinions on the state of arena and we speak privately to discuss them semi-regularly. This doesn't change the fact he is neverlucky, he would tell you so himself!
10/25/2017 07:34 PMPosted by August Dean Ayala
Kripp is a close friend of mine. He has many opinions on the state of arena and we speak privately to discuss them semi-regularly.

Plot twist: Dean is the leader of the sniper guild!