Happened to me today

Play Mode Discussion
So i played against tempo rogue and she had keleseth round 2 + 2 shadowsteps. In the next turns she also played southsea captain bringing out a 5/5 patches.
So im not going to be like ''blah blah this deck is ridiculous, nerf it etc'' since the deck is good but has about the same winrate as any other T1 deck. But im just gonna ask a few questions:
How is it possible for any PROFFESIONAL GAME DESIGNER to allow such effects to exist and to make these effects being uncounterable? How is it possible for a PROFFESIONAL GAME DESIGNER to create an effect that determines the course of the whole match in the starting hand of my opponent? And if such people exist is there any chance they would get hired? :P
Many games of HS are basically over after the starting hand/mulligan. Has always been and always will be true.

Turn two Keleseth is less of a swing than Barnes on turn four for Big Priest. Blizzard has admitted they are not happy about the latter, although they have no plans of changing anything.

Players such as Firebat have lobbied against these kind of power spikes for a while. Perhaps someday Blizzard will reduce their number/effect.
There's definitely counters, just may need to try a different deck. For instance I've found aggro druid usually deals with shadow step keleseth quite well. They burn a few cards for the combo, end up with a vanilla 2/2 on board, and need to start drawing into their buffed minions. You should be able to kill them before the turn 7 bonemare.

Agree with TardisGreen that the Big Priest Barnes on 4 is much more infuriating. Especially followed by eternal servitude x2.
Well I had games where I played two Gollaka Crawlers before T3 (both catches something), then my opponent conceeded.

But I agree that power level of Prince Keleseth is higher then wanted.
11/06/2017 08:39 AMPosted by TheChemist
So i played against tempo rogue and she had keleseth round 2 + 2 shadowsteps. In the next turns she also played southsea captain bringing out a 5/5 patches.
So im not going to be like ''blah blah this deck is ridiculous, nerf it etc'' since the deck is good but has about the same winrate as any other T1 deck. But im just gonna ask a few questions:
How is it possible for any PROFFESIONAL GAME DESIGNER to allow such effects to exist and to make these effects being uncounterable? How is it possible for a PROFFESIONAL GAME DESIGNER to create an effect that determines the course of the whole match in the starting hand of my opponent? And if such people exist is there any chance they would get hired? :P

My friends girlfriend is in desperate need of a job. She is smart friendly and has common sense.

I was in a sporting goods store this weekend. Every employee was a moron. They didn't greet me, didn't barely make eye contact and had no idea where anything was etc.

TLDR: Sometimes good people don't get jobs cause bad people like to hire bad people to make themselves look smarter.
There are only two genders though.
The saddest part about this is that the Keleseth 2 step combo isn't the only blatantly broken synergy in the game.
They're rampant throughout the meta.
Shadowreaper Anduin is probably the best DK card in the game since it slaughters all 5+ attack minions on play and allows you to fire 2 damage every time you play a card.
Combined with Raza and Velen it's just broken AF.
Ultimate Infestation is ridiculous with all the ramp available to Druid.
Spreading Plague wouldn't be bad except for the other buffs that get thrown in to turn those taunts into a major PITA to clear.
And the list goes on for days...
Blizz/Team 5 know exactly how broken these things are as they're creating them. They know that weak minded people will drop obscene amounts of cash to find/craft all these cards that produce these absolutely broken synergies.
It's why they're raking in millions of dollars annually.
I just wish they'd make a game mode that we could play where all their Frankenstein creations are kept away from.
But that won't happen because people wouldn't bother paying for the broken cards if they didn't have to play against them and HS would start losing money.
11/06/2017 08:51 AMPosted by TardisGreen
Many games of HS are basically over after the starting hand/mulligan. Has always been and always will be true.

Turn two Keleseth is less of a swing than Barnes on turn four for Big Priest. Blizzard has admitted they are not happy about the latter, although they have no plans of changing anything.

Players such as Firebat have lobbied against these kind of power spikes for a while. Perhaps someday Blizzard will reduce their number/effect.

This, so much this.

Your first hand is what will decide the game, and your turn 2, 3 draws.

I've lost so many times cuz I didnt draw any of my 16 cards cost 1-4 mana, but my cost 5+ .....
I've had an opponent mimic pod into a Keleseth and proceed to play 2 Keleseths and 2 shadow steps. The insane luck for that wow'd me enough to let him proceed to destroy me lol.
11/06/2017 09:37 AMPosted by Baphomet
the best DK card in the game since it slaughters all 5+ attack minions on play and allows you to fire 2 damage every time you play a card

I might take your analysis more seriously if you went beyond what's printed on the card.
11/06/2017 08:51 AMPosted by TardisGreen

And this is the problem. When you admit you re not happy about the latter(= you basically admit that theres something wrong about your game) than you should at least try to change it. BUT thats not the case here. Each and every expansion brings huge amounts of rng (whether its draw rng, discover rng, adapt rng etc), more broken cards and less smart plays....And thats sad