Upcoming Arena Changes - 11/14/2017

Arena Discussion
• Death Knight Hero cards can no longer be drafted in Arena.

Starting on the morning of Tuesday, November 14 PST, we will remove the nine Knights of the Frozen Throne Death Knight Hero cards from the Arena draft pool. While the Death Knight Hero Cards are exciting and powerful to play, their permanent Hero Power upgrades are hard to combat in a format where answers are limited.

We will continue to monitor Arena balance and make changes on an as-needed basis. Please note this change does not remove Death Knight Hero cards from existing drafted decks. For a complete list of cards that are not available in the Arena draft pool, please refer to our Arena Specifics forum post on the official Hearthstone forums.
Will they be removed from discover mechanic?
Bonemare next, pls.
Is there gonna be a huge update (3 GB), or small update?
This is awesome.
Bonemare next, yes.
And we still have Bonemare...
SERIOUSLY THANK YOU IT"S JUST CANCER and you feel bad at high wins cuz the scrub makes a million misplays and gets carried by his DK honestly...
Nice move. Finally, thank you!
August Dean Ayala Game Designer 63 posts
Oct 19
We don't have any plan to take Death Knights out of arena. In most cases they are very powerful, but not any more powerful than other highly drafted legendary cards. The circumstance where people are drafting and playing powerful legendary cards from the set that just released is something we think is positive so long as they aren't exceeding the power level of all other cards in existence.

THANK GOD THIS GUY IS WRONG cuz these cards are broken and blizzards internal PR tries to cover it aye... nothing new here boiz
Yet they Leave UI in Arena a far more unfair and busted card in Arena. A 7 for 1 that also heals you on top is more busted and harder to deal with than an ungraded hero power.
it's just sad honestly that it takes blizzard that long to make changes once again when the player base leaves in droves you decide to fix it .... it's just not good enough

their history of slow to act on broken decisions is really costing the player base the game(small time buc, druid infestation on ladder, Undertaker face hunter etc etc i mean the list goes on) .... and THEIR profits i don't see why it's that hard to understand like it's not a small indie company they have the technology... however it's like the corporate pin heads up there have no idea wtf they are doing

the more happy everyone is the more they willing to support this game.... it's changed a lot from a good model to help people expand their collection to a mobile cash grab milking arena tickets ....... like you LOSE MORE players than you SUCK in then that's a huge problem for the longevity of the game... it's just simple why does it have to be so complicated....
valeera the hollow too OP
11/10/2017 12:16 PMPosted by Zeriyah

Starting on the morning of Tuesday, November 14 PST, we will remove the nine Knights of the Frozen Throne Death Knight Hero cards from the Arena draft pool. While the Death Knight Hero Cards are exciting and powerful to play, their permanent Hero Power upgrades are hard to combat in a format where answers are limited.

We will continue to monitor Arena balance and make changes on an as-needed basis. Please note this change does not remove Death Knight Hero cards from existing drafted decks. For a complete list of cards that are not available in the Arena draft pool, please refer to our[url="https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20758787441"] Arena Specifics forum post[/url] on the official Hearthstone forums.

Will they be removed from 'discover' effects as well?

I suspect by the wording of your post this may not have been considered?

Facing a drafted or discovered DK has the same end-result...
08/17/2017 01:08 PMPosted by DirtyHairy
I am an exclusive arena player. I enjoy the randomness that arena offers in ways constructed cannot. Synergy drafting makes arena more like constructed in that people are regularly picking from THE SAME pool of cards for EVERY ARENA DRAFT.

Arena is about making wonky card combos synergize for a win condition, using your head and being resourceful with what you have.

I have multiple legend ranked buddies that are mostly from really good arena matches. All of them are unhappy with the way this KFT expansion has been handled in the arena portion.

And yes, Lich King is offensive in arena.

During revealing I was 100% certain that Blizzard would not include DK cards in arena because of the vast OP difference they would create.

ie, Lich King is dark matter and you cannot run from a black hole. Try and destroy it and you just feed the power curve on board. Try and play around it and you will probably not be able to play around 1/8 cards created..........8 different DK cards to play around instantly.......How often do any of us have 8 cards in hand in arena?
Just saying the DK card variance outcome is so vast that creating a defensive plan before hand is impossible.

build a wall - doom pact, 3 dmg aoe, frostmourne
top deck - steals a minion from you, maybe a win condition
obliterate, 2 cost death card, because someone with lich king needs a hard removal. -.-

do I have to go on?

There is no GOOD hard counter for lich king without expending your hand to the extend you will probably lose anyways. Only out I see is multiple discover rngesus mechanics.........Out luck your opponent.......Which is not what arena is about........

I say stop synergy drafting outright so i can make my wonky arena combos again at my own will. That way I can lose to my own funkiness, not yours.

If my stormwatcher + kooky chemist + cold blood doesn't survive long enough to hit face for 24 damage that's on me........But at least PLEASE give me the ability to conceivably draft something wonky I can make with my own ingenuity.........Not some new arena meta that is being forced on us all. It defeats the entire purpose of arena...............

Arena got defiled......................bad joke :)

I FART IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION............
finally
So in the span of 2-3 weeks you guys decided to fix obviously broken stuff. Awesome. Maybe you could keep doing that from here on out.
Rate your reaction time speed on a scale from "Blizzard" to 10
11/10/2017 05:54 PMPosted by HappyPlays
11/10/2017 12:16 PMPosted by Zeriyah

We will continue to monitor Arena balance and make changes on an as-needed basis. Please note this change does not remove Death Knight Hero cards from existing drafted decks. For a complete list of cards that are not available in the Arena draft pool, please refer to our[url="https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20758787441"] Arena Specifics forum post[/url] on the official Hearthstone forums.

Will they be removed from 'discover' effects as well?

I suspect by the wording of your post this may not have been considered?

Facing a drafted or discovered DK has the same end-result...

As far as I am aware everything that is removed from the draft is removed from discover. Why would this be any different?
You were able to discover C'thun cards at least back when LoE was in Arena. They might have changed something though because I don't recall ever seeing a C'thun card since Arena went Standard in any Discovers though the pool of discovers are very large while there are only a few C'thun Card that fall into a Discoverable Category especially with the LoE Discover cards rotating out.