This game is in an awful state

Play Mode Discussion
I was pretty critical of blizz not nerfing UI, but the set of nerfs have created a more diverse meta. Where one deck gets too dominant, a counter will feed off of it. Tempo Rogue has to be slowing down for example with the golakka techs thrown in.

Pre nerf Jade Druid dominated the meta due to not having a weakness. Post nerf Jade is still strong but it has its weaknesses (early aggro, heck even good Geist control play).
09/29/2017 08:52 AMPosted by Sturmir
Mostly because of certain control deck archetypes that are simply unbeatable in control vs. control matchups.

If you look way way back, Control Priest was practically unbeatable in Control vs. Control but barely every saw play. Why? Because Control vs. Control was roughly nonexistent. Everyone played Control Warrior because it was great against Aggro, even though it was pretty difficult to beat another Control deck with it.

It's when the deck with the best late game also has very solid tools vs Aggro (refer to Druidstone) that things get out of hand and there's not much point playing anything else.
I cant describe in words how much i have grown to regret every moment I have
spent on this waste of a game.

For certain all the fanboys and mini skirt wearing boys will punish you with 10 cost crap. It was such a problem they actually did a nerf to a card the relied on 10 cost cards.

I think the game has fun elements but in truth it is absolutely designed to draw you in and make you think you are doing better but they understand the economics and it is all about that. All about their product being sustainable financially and not anything else.

Cuz a natural reaction to losing is to invest more so you can win. That is exactly what they strive to do to you. This game is that game.
You necro a post from nearly a year ago hoping that it proves your point. That is kind of sad.

I am playing to have fun and have been doing so for over a year. I have spent a grand total of $13 on the game, and it is only up that high because I bought one of the $8 bundles earlier this week. I am up to about 30 legendaries, have decks I can run in Ranked play and others I play in Casual to see what happens. Generally they lose, but they are fun to play for the combos I can pull off.
We are playing HS daily. For years now. Four players on one IP. But lately the mutual feeling is growing that HS is losing it. I'm talking about playing a match that lasts almost 20 minutes and then right at the end the opponent plays one card that cancels all the skills and finesse which makes it fun. That one card (like the one repeating all the cards from the other class) brings us to the point where we feel it was all a useless waste of time.

There is still hope that we will continue playing, but it is dwindeling very fast.
09/29/2017 12:59 AMPosted by Jezq
09/28/2017 08:02 PMPosted by Yon
I have never seen this game so terrible and I played through undertaker hunter, midrange shaman, mech mage

I don't believe you.

Yet the population is at the lowest it has ever been. Legend players playing against non legend players at a very high rate. Forums are much deader then usual, while the amount of complaints are sky high....

Been playing since beta and trust me this game is at its lowest point ever.
06/23/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Nautika
09/29/2017 12:59 AMPosted by Jezq

I don't believe you.

Yet the population is at the lowest it has ever been. Legend players playing against non legend players at a very high rate. Forums are much deader then usual, while the amount of complaints are sky high....

Been playing since beta and trust me this game is at its lowest point ever.

The ranked issues are unrelated to population. There are more players in legend ranks than ever before. They just screwed something up with the MMR system when the ranked changes went live a couple of months ago.