Lets talk about wild (priest stone)

Play Mode Discussion
Ok so these days wild is full of priests.
We re talking about a deck that has
-Amara, reno (for double healing at 40 life)
-Obsidian statue, sylvanas, belcher, shreder and every other strong deathrattle that exists
-Eternal servitude and to bring back one of the above
-Huge board clears like dragon fire potion, excavated evil and many others
-Brann to get 2 kazakus potions
-And of course anduin and raza to kill you in the end with 40 face dmg
edit: i forgot n'zoth

So im gonna be simple. I understand that many people spent too much dust to craft this deck. So if you wanna leave it 4 more months in standard do, so (and have your player base to suffer) . BUT ROTATION WONT FIX A THING IN WILD. At a certain point you got to fix THE PROBLEM YOU CREATED.
Simple as that. Thx
Sure the Deck is broken. So is Aggro Druid. And Quartermaster Paladin, Giants Hunter, and all the other Reno decks. With all the cards in play, the power level of the best decks is insane.
The Priest deck that you describe sounds like a terrible mish-mash of Big Priest/Quest Priest and Reno Priest.

Either you are confused about what deck you are actually complaining about or you are complaining about a bad deck.
I've encountered the version of the deck that runs quest+Reno+both pandas for maximum healing. It makes for some awesome games, I must say.
I haven't played in Wild since KoFT. I know in Un'Goro 'Silence' Priest (really DS/IF buff Priest) and Silver Hand Paladin were the the two best decks in my opinion. The number of Control/Reno Priests really dropped off after I hit r7 or so.
11/11/2017 06:45 AMPosted by WarrenBleezy
about a bad deck.

whats bad about it. Explain me:
11/11/2017 06:49 AMPosted by TheChemist
11/11/2017 06:45 AMPosted by WarrenBleezy
about a bad deck.

whats bad about it. Explain me:

It's not streamlined. It tries to do a lot of different things, but ends up not doing anything well enough.

The straight forward Reno Priest without Quest or Rez-shenanigans is a lot better.
I have to say that dragon priest feels a lot stronger than any form of quest priest.
11/11/2017 06:55 AMPosted by WarrenBleezy
It's not streamlined. It tries to do a lot of different things, but ends up not doing anything well enough.

How to build a highlander deck:
-Add the highlander cards and then add cards that produce high value
-In priest case if he adds amara, he has almost infinite life and the amazing deathrattle wild cards + an amazing combo for the end + n'zoth
I dont understand why this is bad
11/11/2017 07:26 AMPosted by TheChemist
11/11/2017 06:55 AMPosted by WarrenBleezy

How to build a highlander deck:
-Add the highlander cards and then add cards that produce high value
-In priest case if he adds amara, he has almost infinite life and the amazing deathrattle wild cards + an amazing combo for the end + n'zoth
I dont understand why this is bad

Quest Priest is better in Wild than Standard. But the best Wild Priest decks are Reno Decks that cycle their decks quickly, and finish their opponents off with A Spawn of Shadows combo. You don't need Amaya if you kill the other guy.

Running the Quest takes up a card slot, and reduces the number of useful cards in your hand by one. It also means you will be defending yourself with minions, not spells. With Belcher and Sylvanas available, this is viable. But it isn't as good as the Reno deck I described above.
11/11/2017 07:35 AMPosted by TardisGreen
Running the Quest takes up a card slot, and reduces the number of useful cards in your hand by one. It also means you will be defending yourself with minions, not spells. With Belcher and Sylvanas available, this is viable. But it isn't as good as the Reno deck I described above.

But at the same time you have more legitimate winning conditions.
-You can win with minions
-With N'zoth
-Or with the raza combo

The only problem is that the decks dust value gets like 5-7k dust higher
11/11/2017 06:29 AMPosted by TheChemist
-Obsidian statue, sylvanas, belcher, shreder and every other strong deathrattle that exists

So im gonna be simple. I understand that many people spent too much dust to craft this deck. So if you wanna leave it 4 more months in standard do, so (and have your player base to suffer) . BUT ROTATION WONT FIX A THING IN WILD. At a certain point you got to fix THE PROBLEM YOU CREATED.
Simple as that. Thx

The population of Priest in Wild is around 20%, which is high, but around the expected mark of whatever the most played class is at any given point in time. We check out the Wild meta frequently to make sure there is nothing overwhelmingly powerful and it appears that there is still a healthy population of decks that are good against Priest (Miracle, Jade, Paladin). Should suggest the metagame will flip over time, especially given there is another expansion on the horizon. In any case, it's something we're aware of and if any class or deck looks like they are severely impacting Wild we're happy to make a change, we just don't think it's reached that point.
I have a lot of fun playing Dragon DK N'zoth Reno Quest aka Immortal Priest and I certainly have caused a lot of despairs in wild mode.....in low ranks. The only drawback to this deck is that I can sometime hit fatigue a bit quickly or end possibly milling myself since there is so many ways to get more cards into my hand via discover, deathrattle effect, and just overdrawing from other things.
11/11/2017 01:35 PMPosted by August Dean Ayala

Simple as that. Thx

The population of Priest in Wild is around 20%, which is high, but around the expected mark of whatever the most played class is at any given point in time. We check out the Wild meta frequently to make sure there is nothing overwhelmingly powerful and it appears that there is still a healthy population of decks that are good against Priest (Miracle, Jade, Paladin). Should suggest the metagame will flip over time, especially given there is another expansion on the horizon. In any case, it's something we're aware of and if any class or deck looks like they are severely impacting Wild we're happy to make a change, we just don't think it's reached that point.

Thanks for confirming you guys pay attention to wild. I can now use this post when trolls appear to say you guys don't care about wild at all.

Simple as that. Thx

Thank you for replying, I am sure with a new expac closing in, you are all busy as heck! I am glad that Blizzard pays attention to Wild, but it does often feel like Wild is the re-headed step child of HS.
11/11/2017 01:38 PMPosted by Theman

Thanks for confirming you guys pay attention to wild. I can now use this post when trolls appear to say you guys don't care about wild at all.

Trolls being renowned for reacting positively to blue posters...
The only way to beat Priest in Wild is to play super aggro.

Simple as that. Thx

Respectfully, Highlander priest is an absolutely suffocating class to fight in wild. The only reason it is held in check at all is frankly because most people don't know how to play it well and it is a very expensive deck to make dust wise.

When you are fighting a reno priest who knows what he or she is doing there is very little you can do to stop that deck. Kaz, Raz, Reno, DK Aduin, Dragonfire potion, lightbomb, and your 1 turn 20+ damage combo makes for a very unenjoyable, uninteractive experience as well as the strongest come back mechanic I've ever seen in a deck.

As I say, the only reason I beat this deck ever is because most people can't play it well. They use an entomb on a midrange minion, a dragonfire potion way too early, etc. I'm currently running dragon priest and warlock with mind breakers with both decks completely teched to stop highlander priest and I still sit at a sub 50% winrate.

Every deck constructed in wild revolves around killing priest; it is the deck everyone must tech around much in the same way when jade was king of the hill. While I do not have access to your data I imagine if you looked at only the global rates priest would look very balanced. Where you need to look is on the high level end though where the priest players really know how to use highlander and completely dominate with it.
11/11/2017 03:37 PMPosted by Blueduck
Where you need to look is on the high level end though where the priest players really know how to use highlander and completely dominate with it.

You mean the less than 1% population group. lol
11/11/2017 03:40 PMPosted by Seiya
11/11/2017 03:37 PMPosted by Blueduck
Where you need to look is on the high level end though where the priest players really know how to use highlander and completely dominate with it.

You mean the less than 1% population group. lol

I would say level 10 and above gives a pretty good indication of what this deck is capable of. I was at rank 6-7 last season and most of those priests know how to play there decks.

What was disturbing though was even at that level I was seeing a bunch of priests make a bunch of beginner errors and they were still able to get that far.