Tyrande, oh where oh where

Community Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 41 Next
11/17/2017 04:43 PMPosted by Alessandro
+1 for Tyrande.

I would be more understanding of missing out if she had been available to everyone without doing anything shady to spoof location. I would have had to do this if I tried to get her at the time of her promotions. Sadly I wasn't playing much HS on both those occasions, but for the most part I have played a lot of HS since beta.

Beta player myself and it's easy to want to take a few breaks off & on. I just feel this kind of thing is unnecessary, even if it was a deal/partnership for Twitch Prime, it's shady. People getting free packs, Gold card packs, Card Backs...that's fine, you know? I can easily work up to get card packs, crack open Golden cards or even craft them...card backs I can always earn newer ones from other promotions, events, the Season and such. Know what I can't work on, earn or try to get another way? Tyrande.

At least hearing an update from Blizzard would be mildly nice. I mean why not just make her another Prime reward, free trials are still a thing for others, people can sub for it. Stick her in the shop, make her part of another promotion... I mean Tyrande IS a property of Blizzard/Warcraft :/. It's just so bassackwards of a situation in my opinion.
Kripp talked about this when Nemsy came out:

Basically, you don't want event/promotions that are supposed to be fun and designed to draw people into your game leaving people feeling bad about the game, or worse: feeling that they were cheated. It leaves a bad perception of the game, those who made it, and the company as a whole.

What they should do is offer as a mea culpa to all players as a way of saying "sorry for botching two hero promotions" is offer players (regardless of region) a free hero of their choice (if you have every hero, you get what a hero costs in your region to spend on packs). No strings, no gimmicks, just log in, pick the hero you want and its yours.

It would go a long way towards restoring good will they have burned through as a result of two poorly execute promotions, and show that they can make things right for their players.

Going forward, when they are planning on rolling out a new hero they need to evaluate how they work their cross promotions. Sure, have it be available first through twitch or wherever. BUT! Afterwards (within 6 months), it should either be available for purchase in the shop, or unlockable through a quest or event (seasonal, like lunar festival and available every year).

Everyone wins: current players won't miss out because of weird region issues, and future players will be able to get the heroes when they complete the quest or the seasonal event comes up again.
11/18/2017 02:08 AMPosted by Bobafett345
Kripp talked about this when Nemsy came out:

Basically, you don't want event/promotions that are supposed to be fun and designed to draw people into your game leaving people feeling bad about the game, or worse: feeling that they were cheated. It leaves a bad perception of the game, those who made it, and the company as a whole.

What they should do is offer as a mea culpa to all players as a way of saying "sorry for botching two hero promotions" is offer players (regardless of region) a free hero of their choice (if you have every hero, you get what a hero costs in your region to spend on packs). No strings, no gimmicks, just log in, pick the hero you want and its yours.

It would go a long way towards restoring good will they have burned through as a result of two poorly execute promotions, and show that they can make things right for their players.

Going forward, when they are planning on rolling out a new hero they need to evaluate how they work their cross promotions. Sure, have it be available first through twitch or wherever. BUT! Afterwards (within 6 months), it should either be available for purchase in the shop, or unlockable through a quest or event (seasonal, like lunar festival and available every year).

Everyone wins: current players won't miss out because of weird region issues, and future players will be able to get the heroes when they complete the quest or the seasonal event comes up again.

Well said mate, do any of you know streamers we can ask to raise the issue?
Im hoping we can do something.
Im trying to get Twitch Prime activated, its not working as they wont accept payment given my cards location but its a Visa card. FFS.

The entire thing is a sham.
Please Blizzard, give us an answer :(
11/18/2017 06:09 AMPosted by Kortol
Well said mate, do any of you know streamers we can ask to raise the issue?

Thank you!

Personally? No. But Kripp already made a video specifically dealing with the Nemsy debacle (don't know if he did for Tyrande). I'm sure if streamers (especially ones from regions directly impacted by the region issue) got enough "do a Tyrande video!" requests and started talking about how poorly the hero promotions outside the game have been handled, it would probably get some kind of response from here.

How long it would take said videos to cause those respective audiences in turn to send feedback this way to get them to actually fix this? Hard to say, but I would imagine if it started becoming a regular topic on major sites (places like hearthpwn) and in streamers' videos...it wouldn't be an issue that could be ignored/delayed any longer.

I said this elsewhere, but a non-famous person or group of people saying "X is going on hearthstone!" probably won't get much attention unless it's a major game breaking issue and/or they get a ton of other non-famous people chiming in saying the same thing. A famous person (or people) saying "X is going on in hearthstone!" will (and has) prompted much quicker responses.

Famous people get more attention by sheer virtue of their notoriety.
Famious streamers usually located in NA, and they had an easy access to Tyrande. Take a look at Kripp's video about Tyrande: you will find an enthusiastic propaganda how good it is, and not a single a word about location restrictions in the promotion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFGfkhkJgkY

Furthermore, we can see sometimes (and sadly only sometimes) Blizzard reacts some topics here. For example to lock the only thread with previous blue post about Tyrande, despite the issue remained without solution over time, and despite the issue is regularly discussed by the community.
Locked 4 days ago (11.15.2017): https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20752561300?page=4#post-70
And this was not the first, and likely will not be the last time, when a Blizzard employee only locked a thread about Tyrande requests. Maybe this thread could be the next one, if it can grow long enough?

About how much they care about social media. Tyrande Hero video has the most dislikes in their own Youtube channel, and no single word about this topic. They continue to pretend, that Tyrande is not an issue to so many players.
Youtube video is here, dislikes nearly the same amount as likes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrDgtWw8f3M
Seriously, the whole issue, users' reaction and Blizzard's feedback attitude could be a marketing case study by now.

Just a simple marketing knowledge: users do not become really dissatisfied when a company make mistakes (everyone does), but when customer service fail to handle it.

I wish to believe that one day HS Team will wake up, and stop ignore this issue. If they made "blue posts" in other "important" topics nowadays, maybe some day Tyrande can reach their threshold.
11/19/2017 08:09 AMPosted by Tillael
Famious streamers usually located in NA, and they had an easy access to Tyrande.

Those are the ones that players in NA know about. I've seen plenty of "best of videos" with clips of streams from many countries outside NA. My point was more to get those people and the NA people to start getting requests for "fix the Tyrande situation!" types of videos.

Furthermore, we can see sometimes (and sadly only sometimes) Blizzard reacts some topics here. For example to lock the only thread with previous blue post about Tyrande, despite the issue remained without solution over time, and despite the issue is regularly discussed by the community.

That ties more into my point about taking the issue outside the forums and actively working on getting people focused on getting visibility on this on other channels. I wasn't kidding a few posts back about making a conscious effort for those who want Tyrande to make appearances whenever there's a Q&A, an opportunity at official events, post on their social media accounts, making requests for streamers to address the issue, etc. It has to be proactively done by everyone who wants to see this happen. You may not be able to show up at an event, but you can look up contact information and send messages online.

About how much they care about social media. Tyrande Hero video has the most dislikes in their own Youtube channel, and no single word about this topic. They continue to pretend, that Tyrande is not an issue to so many players.

The discontent is there, but as of present it is not a focused effort outside of the occasional forum post. It was enough for them to promise a "looking into a fix some day" but not enough to make good on that promise. If there was an organized, respectful push for this, it would not be something so easily ignored or put off. Would it happen overnight? No, but it would happen a lot faster than waiting for the status quo to change.

I wish to believe that one day HS Team will wake up, and stop ignore this issue. If they made "blue posts" in other "important" topics nowadays, maybe some day Tyrande can reach their threshold.

It's been pointed out here and elsewhere: they've had the time, they have the resources (as in, they don't need permission to use Tyrande from anyone), and they already made it available in another region after the twitch promotion ended in a region that didn't have it as part of a purchase pack promotion (so they don't need twitch's permission to use it again). There's no reason that they couldn't have done this by now.

If people want this, then I would suggest they stop wishing and start (respectfully) acting.
Hopefully the post I made regarding tyrande and khadgar(dont get me started on nemsy because this would be endless) get some answer but at this point I dont think they really want to bring any of the heroes back, they will indeed increase the price on pack/expansions but not fixing the unbalance in game nor making some TINY effort on hearing the community not even when it's not a gamebreaking thing.
I will not loose faith, blizzard please respond, i would prefer getting a response knowing the concern has been heard (regardless of outcome) then not get a response at all.
11/20/2017 09:58 AMPosted by Kortol
I will not loose faith, blizzard please respond, i would prefer getting a response knowing the concern has been heard (regardless of outcome) then not get a response at all.

Psh, sod on "regardless outcome" x0 We all want her for everyone, including us.

It's obvious they aren't 100% how they want to handle Hero skins, either that or they want to basically hodge-podge it all. They started out as $10 purchasea, then a in-game HS quest and World of Warcraft reward, Recruit-a-friend, Twitch Prime reward and recently Nemsy as a Fireside reward. (I forget what Khadgar was bought from)

It seems more than likely that it's a vanguard to suit their most current need. Well I don't think they accounted JUST how dear Warcraft fans can be about Heroes and figured it wasn't TOO much of a loss to make them a limited time offering.
It would be great if they didn’t just make it a one time thing because it isn’t fair for those who weren’t playing it at the time the promotion was available. At least with something like the headless horseman, you can try every year to get it.
11/20/2017 09:58 AMPosted by Kortol

Thing is they already answered about the thread.. and it was a LEAD Producer. It seems they close every thread or just leave them to die (much like this one is going to sadly) because they dont want to bring them back at all.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20752561300#post-4

we are actively looking into ways to grant access to new Heroes and card backs that some players may have missed out on. We’ll make an announcement once our plans are solidified!

1 year later.. not even mention of tyrande neither khadgar and dont get me started again on nemsy and the lack of hearthstone players around you and wherever you're from.
Even if it's going to be Blizzard's usual To Be Announced motto, and even though its been over a year since Tyrande...I will CONTINUE to voice my disapproval of removing her. I plan to every few weeks to bring it back up. Perhaps it's already said and done at HQ on what they have decided t do about this, I care too much and have invested too much $ into this gsme for me to keep silent on this matter.

While AGAIN I know I am not owed anything TECHNICALLY, from,Blizzard....but being a long-time veteran fan since Warcraft 2, promoting their games, being active on the forums, buying many tnings, including promotions, Blizzcon etc etc....I have a heavy invested love for their franchises...Warcraft being the biggest. So this, as a long-time fan and supporter, feel robbed I csnt own and play as a favorite character of mine...that be like,Blizzcon offering the Lich King for attending Blizzcon....and then NEVER bringing him back. While yes that's a "apples & oranges" target, it's still the representative usage of well-known & beloved characters of their decades long franchise.... And I'd argue cosmetics put in a big part of people playing games,,maybe even being,more inclined to play more frequently because they feel they look awesome, maybe for roleplaying reasons etc etc. If that wasn't the case, then why is it SO popular in video games for Cosmetic purchases or in-game earnable items are HIGHLIGHTS of said games.

Blizzard and thr Hearthstone team should know this...they KNOW long-time,fans are invested....that's why there's so many jokes, references and nods/tributes to the franchise/story and other games...
Today we can read blue posts around 10 different topics, but none in this one. Dear Community managers and HS Team, I think it is time to face your community and please gives us an answer when we can obtain Tyrande (preferably the re-release date)!
11/21/2017 12:28 PMPosted by Tillael
Today we can read blue posts around 10 different topics, but none in this one. Dear Community managers and HS Team, I think it is time to face your community and please gives us an answer when we can obtain Tyrande (preferably the re-release date)!

I was going to mention that, it's incredible how they still ignore this thread like it didn't exist ! Stop ignoring so many people that are huge fans of HS and try to help us out !
Today we can read blue posts around 10 different topics, but none in this one.

There is currently no update. As soon as one is available, we will get messaging out. The topic isn't being ignored, there is just currently nothing more to add. We are aware this is still a hot topic for some and it has not fallen off our radar.

I realize this may not be the response some are hoping for and as soon as there is an update, we will let everyone know.
11/09/2017 12:57 PMPosted by Kortol
My understanding is that Tyrande was previously avaliable through subscribing to Twitch Prime for people residing in the United States, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Belgium and Austria.

Then it became available to players with their Battle.net country of residence set to certain specific countries in the SEA region which required a purchase of a 40 card pack.

Why not make it available to the rest of us for a 40 card pack purchase.

I want to hero, i dont live in any of the above mentioned regions.

Why not make things fair. Im willing to pay for her. I understand i may not be the majority but why not make things fair....

Please can Blizzard respond.
Are you high?
11/21/2017 03:13 PMPosted by Jesse Hill
Today we can read blue posts around 10 different topics, but none in this one.

There is currently no update. As soon as one is available, we will get messaging out. The topic isn't being ignored, there is just currently nothing more to add. We are aware this is still a hot topic for some and it has not fallen off our radar.

I realize this may not be the response some are hoping for and as soon as there is an update, we will let everyone know.

Thank you for responding Jesse, it is greatly appreciated to have some form of acknowledgment that it is still known and regarded as a hot topic for the company. I pray to Elune that we'll soon enough have our deliverance.....yes Im gonna be that cheesy...>P
Dear Jesse Hill, thank you for your response! I hope an official update could happen in the near future.
It's been how long since the "we're working on it" announcement? You'd think they'd say something other than "nothing new to say."

"Like what?" You might ask.

If this was a priority for them, they would have said something along the lines of (or made it's own announcement at blizzcon or one of the Q&As): "Hey, it's been a while since we said we were working on bringing back Tyrande. We haven't forgotten and this is still high on our 'to do' list, but we're still working on getting around (insert reason[s] here)."

That hasn't happened. At the risk of sounding cynical, it's because it's not high on the priority list at the moment, even though the post-twitch promotion revealed they can and have the ability to release Tyrande again.

The only way it's going to become a priority is if players make an organized push to make it happen.