Tyrande, oh where oh where

Community Discussion
Prev 1 29 30 31 41 Next
Ok so since we're in the middle of the HCG tournament why not make Tyrande a reward for cheering and stuff ?? I want her so bad!
10/29/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Alidue
Ok so since we're in the middle of the HCG tournament why not make Tyrande a reward for cheering and stuff ?? I want her so bad!

This got discussed a page or two back.

You realize their "cheer" reward system had the max reward cost about 3 times more than what it cost in the shop for the same item, right?

The last thing we need for them is to price gouge more for Tyrande on top of another bad twitch promotion that will exclude most of the world once again.
Yeah I'm not trying to give twitch $40 for 'bits' so I can spam chat and 'earn' Tyrande.

There are enough kids throwing money away on emotes already.
Blizzard please give us Tyrande for christmas! That would be the best surprise ever!
10/30/2018 09:44 PMPosted by Blackwidow
Blizzard please give us Tyrande for christmas! That would be the best surprise ever!
I second this! This would show that Blizzard can be good sports and would be a pleasant surprise.
as a Malfurion Druid player, I can tell you safely. I would love to see more Tyrande cause then I can tell people I have lots of waifu's that I play card games with.
C’mon guys, another hero release and no Tyrande. You’re mugging us off now, I certainly won’t be pre ordering! I’ve just dusted my old cards, I will continue to until you bring her back. It’s infuriating.
#Tyrandechaingang
#Votewithwallet
Me, my wife and a few of our friends starting playing HS during KFT and we all were super sad to hear we missed out on Tyrande. Been waiting(impatiently) and hoping for her return. Please Blizzard bring her back!! It would make our whole Christmas. :)
Blizzard said during the Diablo immortal announcement that they are always listening to the community and they know what we want. Well look at how many dislikes the video has. They decided to release a game that nobody wanted. Blizzard knows that the mobile marked can bring them a lot more money than a new pc game. First they punch us in the stomach and says "too bad that you didnt live in one of those 7 countries, we dont care." And now this, so many diablo players and fans has fallen pray to blizzards corruption and greed
Hearthstone Team (that few who have not left the company in the recent year) somehow survived another Blizzcon to even answer the Tyrande issue. Congratulation to ignore your customers desire about this content the 3 (yes, the third) Blizzcon in a row. You must be really know what your customers want, is not it?

On the other hand Paladin get a 3rd alternative skin, and now Shaman is going to get the 2nd alternative, and we still unable to use any alternative to priest. In my opinion the real trolls are not in the new expansion, but probably in the HS Team.
If you put Tyrande in the store could you please put Sir Annoy-o in there too? I'm a Hearthstone completionist. At first I thought Sir Annoy-o was too, well...you know, but now I'm kicking myself for not buying him! I must have him please!!
11/04/2018 03:25 AMPosted by Tillael
Hearthstone Team (that few who have not left the company in the recent year) somehow survived another Blizzcon to even answer the Tyrande issue.

They have to be screening all Tyrande questions out...no way it wouldn't have come up by now.

And yes, they do screen questions and that employee by the mic at these kinds of events isn't just there for moral support and to give out candy and hugs.

How about it? Anyone try to ask and get blocked?
11/04/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Shwarzinator
If you put Tyrande in the store could you please put Sir Annoy-o in there too? I'm a Hearthstone completionist. At first I thought Sir Annoy-o was too, well...you know, but now I'm kicking myself for not buying him! I must have him please!!

I'm also a Hearthstone completionist but the thing with the Tyrande was that I didn't have her available in my country whereas Annoy-o was a true global limited time offer. It hurts really bad because I have only her missing but the only thing that is left is only my hope that after two years of waiting she will finally come back.
Please, I want tyrande back :(
I don't know what's going on over at Blizzard, but there has been a clear dynamic shift in the last few years that has been absolutely solidified by the Diablo Immortal publicity nightmare.

I've never been a Blizzard fanatic, I think they make fine games but have always been a little ridiculous as far as a company goes [constant pandering, manipulation, stubborn behavior, self-validating public relations; "Our customers are happy because we say they are"] but this is pretty clearly the beginning of a new direction for Blizzard.

Whether it be Activion's bad influence or some unknown factor- employees are leaving in droves, the fan base has not been this upset as a whole, maybe ever- there has never been such a great dissonance between what various Blizzard representatives say and what the actual fans and users talk about.

You can cite statistics and sales numbers all you want- but out here in the field, people are not happy with Blizzard and the heat is only turning up.

Honestly, I've given up on Tyrande. We may never get a chance at her again, and if we do, it will almost certainly be a year or two down the line and as part of some price gouging lunacy.

Blizzard has a serious problem in their contemporary business model. They may be making more money, but I've never seen the fans this spiteful and put off.

I, personally, know people who've been playing various Warcraft games for hours a day since 2004 that have uninstalled everything within the last month.

Again, I'm not a Blizzard loyalist, but I'm worried that the company is going to be completely different sooner than later and will lose the entirety of it's positive reputation only to become a money grubbing machine for whales and addicts [not too mention the children who fall under both categories]; which is just awful for the gaming industry as a whole.

Blizzard was always a company that made good games for a more mature [not age dependent] crowd. Now, I can't help but think that Blizzard is focusing all of their attention onto the younger audience [pre-teens who's parents have some amount of disposable income] and are all but abandoning their 18+ customer base.

I mean, why bother with the people who work a job, play for an hour or two a day, and spend their money responsibly when 10x as many kids will religiously watch streamers and spend absurd amounts of money that they don't feel responsible for? Why give Tyrande away for free when you can make money from her? The only downside is that you lose fans- and I'll tell anyone reading this right now- Activision has a mantra, "New fans are born everyday."

Tyrande is, clearly at this point, just one of many issues Blizzard is having with their intellectual property. I don't know if they've spread themselves too thin, I don't know if they've dedicated too much of their method to hard data, I don't know if they even care about anything beyond putting forth the effort to appear like an ethically good company. All I know is that the Blizzard community has not been this tumultuous in the 28 years I've been alive, and the 24 they've been making games.

It sucks for people like Jesse, whom this thread in particular is familiar with, but if he's smart, he should at least be paying attention to what his peers are saying and doing in regards to their career.

*edit: I've taken a screen shot of this, I suggest everyone do the same with their posts from now on. They've shadow deleted posts before and I feel like it may get worse.
11/05/2018 10:10 AMPosted by nadnal
The only downside is that you lose fans- and I'll tell anyone reading this right now- Activision has a mantra, "New fans are born everyday."

Well said on every point! This was the only part I wanted to touch on, and the part that actiblizz seems to forget from business 101: it takes 2-3 times as much engery to attract a new customer as it does to keep an existing one.

Don't believe me? Look at the mental gymnastics they are doing with wow to try and make it seem like everything is fine after years of tone deaf decisions from their devs have repeatedly turned their playerbase away. They went from the highest numbers the game have ever seen, to the point of having to hide their metrics (they no longer count sub numbers because things got so bad) behind two other games' as of their last quarterly report.

What's this got to do with hearthstone? The original decision regarding Tyrande was pretty tone deaf, as has been discussed at length as well as the failure to make it right...which has also been discussed at length, no mater the "really really good" non-reasons that can't be given or discussed here, or why those reasons can't be discussed. This year has seen that poor decision compounded by more poor decisions regarding heroes and their release (especially considering team 5 has been made aware more than once regarding issues outside mainline countries regarding currency conversion).

Despite their claims if being "inclusive" they continually choose to stick it to their customers in other countries. Repeatedly. Let me clarify that it is their company and they can do what they want...however, the blatant hypocrisy is what is unacceptable, especially when they claim to be "forward thinking" on so many social issues.

Either drop the "inclusive" language from your promotions and social media whatnot, or actually start being "inclusive" in your promotions.
11/05/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Bobafett345
Look at the mental gymnastics they are doing with wow to try and make it seem like everything is fine after years of tone deaf decisions from their devs have repeatedly turned their playerbase away.

They're releasing WoW again and calling it "Classic".

That's how poorly they managed that game- they're literally hitting restart.

All we're asking is to be treated like customers and told whether or not the product we've been promised will be available within a time frame of years.

It's unbelievable that the Team 5 stance is "You're going to get another chance at Tryande, like we said, we just can't say when. Or why we can't say when."

Which is a nothing statement. It's the same as "This ice cream truck is going to sell you ice cream. I can't say when, and I can't say why I can't say when. But if you want ice cream, you can totally get it here. Just not now. Maybe not during the Summer. But you love ice cream right? You'd be happy to have ice cream in the middle of Winter, right?"

But that's the new Blizzard business model- "Say something non-committal and hope it satisfies the customer's desire to be aware of our product. If the lack of information doesn't satisfy the customer, then just ignore them for awhile and repeat how you wish you could give them relevant information."

Which is insane because we all know it's a money thing- they're waiting to re-release Tyrande at a time where it can maximize profits. So it can't be before, during or after another event or hero release.

Which means it can only happen when nothing else is happening. It's just that Team 5 doesn't know when that is because, as has been made obvious, Blizzard is not doing a great job of intercommunication.
11/06/2018 08:46 AMPosted by nadnal
Which means it can only happen when nothing else is happening. It's just that Team 5 doesn't know when that is because, as has been made obvious, Blizzard is not doing a great job of intercommunication.

Or that whole "no major diablow announcement" only to announce a mobile game to a bunch of PC gamers...

"Don't you own a phone?"

Made me think of team 5 and the tone deafness about the Tyrande situation.

/cringe