Tyrande, oh where oh where

Community Discussion
Prev 1 31 32 33 41 Next
Nah, I'm not really angry about the situation myself. I can understand if they want to make some things rare and others...not so much, but why make the occasions region locked? This means that even if I WAS playing Hearthstone one or two years ago, even back then I might have not had the chance to get her, because of which possibility I can totally understand if someone's angry about this.
Imagine that after a year or two you finally have the opportunity, but for some reason you have to live in Singapore to get her. xD

So yeah, imma just gonna wait it out either way (tho I have a hunch that the reason why we haven't seen her nowadays is at least partially because of the pre-order bonus heroes' existence - she'd just steal the spotlight from them).

You know what kinda annoys me tho? There's a big Black Friday sale going on in Blizz's shop segment, howewer not only none of the HS heroes are discounted (my main concern)...but absolutely none of all the HS related content have received any kinds of it either. Now there's a thing to get grumpy about. XP
11/21/2018 01:12 AMPosted by StevenSensei
What this means is that they are doing many things. Yes, it is frustrating that we want this skin and promises made feel like promises broken. However, we do not know if there are issues around the licensing they have for the original artwork. Maybe there was timed exclusivity and or a limit on how it could be used. There could be a whole host of issues that we as CONSUMERS are not aware of on the BUSINESS side of this.

We talked about this one at length a few times, scroll back a few pages. The long and the short of it is, that actiblizz would not tie up their IP to be at the mercy of another company (Tyrande's image and likeness). This is proven by the fact that they released her more than once after the promotion ended.

Also, if there were NDAs involved, they could just say so. The fact that they aren't saying there are NDAs (in essence, NDAs about NDAs) is a level of secrecy reserved for next gen level releases and government level work. Not something done for a two year old promotion that is over and done with.

Finally, there is nothing preventing team 5 from releasing the card backs from the year of the mammoth promise they have 100% control over (one that are part of their company alone). This is the big tip off that it is on their end, especially for the ones that are "flip of a switch." Because those could have been done at any point in the last two years...but they have not done so.
Continuing to harp on this issue and be angry won't make the issue get resolved any quicker.

I strongly disagree with this. The bird that chirps loudest gets fed first. If you sit back and accept the situation as it is, then Blizzard has little incentive to think about resolving the issue. If people are fired up and unhappy about it, at least the issue will be on their radar and warrants some consideration. This doesn't mean being nasty, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with asking the question.

I generally don't get too upset over cosmetics these days, given it's not fundamentally changing my playing experience. That said, I'm disappointed in this one. There isn't an alternative priest hero and there isn't any concrete information about the return of Tyrande. It's reasonable to expect an update about an ongoing issue that Blizzard have previously promised would be resolved. That promise is almost two years old. In my opinion, that's not good enough.
Would love to have Tyrande available, Why can you purchase only 3 hero's?
I too would like this Skin. I think it's beautiful and as a player who enjoys the Priest class I would much rather have this than pretty boy Anduin. That said...Blizzard has many things it is focused on.

Team 5 is working at least 3 expansions in advance...they have other features they are working on...the "tournament mode" was scrapped because it didn't meet the expectations of what players were dreaming of...they recently implemented a new "new player experience"...and I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on a new way for ladder to work along with making HCT Points less of a grind for pro players.

What this means is that they are doing many things. Yes, it is frustrating that we want this skin and promises made feel like promises broken. However, we do not know if there are issues around the licensing they have for the original artwork. Maybe there was timed exclusivity and or a limit on how it could be used. There could be a whole host of issues that we as CONSUMERS are not aware of on the BUSINESS side of this.

Jessie has stated that he/she will post new information when it is available. And yes, I do trust that they will do exactly that.

Be good to each other, play nice.

I appreciate the reasonable and down to earth comment! And I agree, though after reading through many comments I can certainly understand player's frustration with Blizz and their feelings of betrayal. Blizzard has changed a lot in the last few years, and many changes have not been for the better, at least as far as many loyal players are concerned.

I hope they do re-release Tyrande soon. At this point, it would be an easy and effective way to start repairing the relationship between us and Blizzard, and build some much needed good will and positive reputation for the company.

My girlfriend recently has gotten really into Hearthstone, and really wants to get Tyrande! That's actually how I found my way to this topic while trying to figure out how to unlock Tyrande for her lol. She loves Priest, but says Anduin's character portrait looks like Joffery from Game of Thrones and hates playing him! XD
11/22/2018 01:05 AMPosted by Alessandro
Continuing to harp on this issue and be angry won't make the issue get resolved any quicker.

I strongly disagree with this. The bird that chirps loudest gets fed first. If you sit back and accept the situation as it is, then Blizzard has little incentive to think about resolving the issue. If people are fired up and unhappy about it, at least the issue will be on their radar and warrants some consideration. This doesn't mean being nasty, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with asking the question.

I generally don't get too upset over cosmetics these days, given it's not fundamentally changing my playing experience. That said, I'm disappointed in this one. There isn't an alternative priest hero and there isn't any concrete information about the return of Tyrande. It's reasonable to expect an update about an ongoing issue that Blizzard have previously promised would be resolved. That promise is almost two years old. In my opinion, that's not good enough.

Absolutely agree! That's why I left a comment and gave my two cents. They won't bother if they don't think it matters to people, and this clearly does.
No Tyrande even on Black Friday :/
I'm almost literally playing only Priest these days, and I couldn't stop thinking about this thread. Sad to see there is still no news...
11/23/2018 01:12 PMPosted by AdeptR3D
My girlfriend recently has gotten really into Hearthstone, and really wants to get Tyrande! That's actually how I found my way to this topic while trying to figure out how to unlock Tyrande for her lol. She loves Priest, but says Anduin's character portrait looks like Joffery from Game of Thrones and hates playing him! XD

Having played wow for years, and being a fan of Game of Thrones...I can honestly say I hadn't made the connection until now.

...and now I can't unmake it.

Whenever I think of the "year of the mammoth" promise, I shall also say:

"The north remembers."

:D
11/22/2018 01:05 AMPosted by Alessandro

I generally don't get too upset over cosmetics these days, given it's not fundamentally changing my playing experience.

Except that it is, right? How many hours have I spent listening to Anduin's smug remarks? "Notttttt quite what was planned."

It's literally changing your play "experience", what it is not changing are your "play results".
At this point, it would be an easy and effective way to start repairing the relationship between us and Blizzard, and build some much needed good will and positive reputation for the company.

Yeah, I think at this point, people want the gesture as much as the hero.

Blizzard needs to consider making some effort to assure people that they're still Blizz.

I don't think I'm the only person who is under the impression that Blizzard is just a mask that Activision wears.
11/26/2018 09:51 AMPosted by nadnal
At this point, it would be an easy and effective way to start repairing the relationship between us and Blizzard, and build some much needed good will and positive reputation for the company.

Yeah, I think at this point, people want the gesture as much as the hero.

Blizzard needs to consider making some effort to assure people that they're still Blizz.

I don't think I'm the only person who is under the impression that Blizzard is just a mask that Activision wears.
I agree, I've always had minor issues with the company due to some stuff they did with other games, but this Tyrande issue really outrageous, just release the !@#$ing skin Blizz... I mean imagine if you tell someone to buy you a Coke, and they say "sure, I have no problem with doing that", then they come back with a Pepsi and no explanation why they didn't just get you your request lmao, this is what Blizzard is doing now. They say there is no problem with releasing Tyrande and they give us Rastakhan and Annoy-o-Tron, on top of not giving any news about a damn skin. They either don't give a %^-* about the fans anymore or they're lying their assess of, which just makes me lose all respect for the company... Let's just hope for at least some news for Christmas or when WC3 comes out...
I have Tyrande. And i have been playing exclusively priest class ever since.

There are absolutely no reason to not allow skins like Tyrande, Khadgar appear in shop.

Why not let people have fun?
+1 Waiting for Tyrande's rerelease
Tyrande please go back
11/28/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Eric
Why not let people have fun?

Over in wow, there's a saying:

"Fun detected; fun nerfed."
I hope Blizzard will release a statement saying "Thank you for ur patience, we are looking into adding a special 10$ christmas pack bundle including tyrande to the shop". Christmas seems like the perfect time. Blizzard would regain all respect if they did this bundle, and gave the money away to charity.
11/29/2018 04:17 AMPosted by KnightLight
I hope Blizzard will release a statement saying "Thank you for ur patience, we are looking into adding a special 10$ christmas pack bundle including tyrande to the shop". Christmas seems like the perfect time. Blizzard would regain all respect if they did this bundle, and gave the money away to charity.

I wholeheartedly second that.
Let's dew it.
Just dew it.
11/29/2018 04:17 AMPosted by KnightLight

I don't believe it should be paid.

Reposting poll for people new to this unkillable thread: https://www.strawpoll.me/15630392
This depresses me greatly..STILL no real amount of,progress on this issue that shouldn't be a damn issue.

Been off Hearthstone shortly after Boomsday Project, mostly my own frustrations...but still it's in a deadlock???