Tyrande, oh where oh where

Community Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 41 Next
Blizzard? Did you hear as ? We need Tyrande
Hey everyone,

I am bumping this thread for a couple reasons.

1. I have seen a bunch of other threads get bumped by the same one or two folks. I don't want this to be a topic that is seen as "spam" or otherwise by the community. This often happens when a specific subject has multiple threads all jumping up with a lot of the same thing being said. Others start down voting and reporting. This is one of the reasons we ask for players to find current threads to discuss their topics or create new ones if they cannot. So I'm going to be making this the main thread to discuss this matter. This is where I will be referring players who are inquiring for updates.

2. To let you guys know this has not fallen off the radar. I know it can feel like it has if something is left untouched for too long. While I do not have any new information to add, your feedback and concerns are heard by Team 5 and this matter is actively being discussed.

I have seen some comments alluding to the ease in which Tyrande should/could be made available. However, this just isn't the case.

I apologize I do not have more exciting or new news to share currently. As things update on this end, we will do our best to let players know what is going on.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
I think the thing is, with the new characters being so rare. The fact we are missing one like this is a real Disappointment to me.
If i could choose between 5 or 6 for each class, I would be far less disappointed at something like this.
This is the same with the gnome hero, Unable to get But no real choice of alternative ether.

What happen to all the art from the physical card game? The fact that we do not even have a hero for every race seems a bit weird at this point.
03/06/2018 07:34 PMPosted by Jesse Hill
I have seen some comments alluding to the ease in which Tyrande should/could be made available. However, this just isn't the case.

Except for those promotions where she was released after the twitch/prime one ended.

Those were completely independent of any other company and 100% internal to hearthstone (as in something actiblizz did themselves).

In the end, tying a limited time promotion that is only available to a select few countries for something as exclusive as a hero skin for a character as iconic as Tyrande seemed more than a little short sighted. I realize you guys wanted to do a big release for your venture into twitch...but at some point, didn't someone step back and say "this is going to really be off putting to a large portion of our global playerbase, who won't be able to access the promotion without cheating, getting scalped for a code, or some other method that violates the spirit of the promotion...or get left out altogether" and at that point should have reconsidered your game plan?

Like the old saying goes "an ounce of prevention saves a pound of headache."
So if Tencent own 5% of Activision-Blizzard stocks, Tencent can provide Tyrande in whole China via WeChat (social media) likes.
Capitalism is about money, we know. The only question remain: how much would be a fair price of Tyrande in the shop?
Or can we get her in exchange of some "likes", if any Western social media company decide to buy Blizzard's stocks in a significant number?

I do not get it, what do you need to discuss about it. 18 months and still no answer to the majority of your playerbase and most regions. Do you have people responsible for marketing or customer relations?
If yes, please tell them where is the enable button in the game code.
03/07/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Tillael
only question remain: how much would be a fair price of Tyrande in the shop?

I'd say $10 just like the others for regions where she was already available.

Free for the regions they deliberately discriminated against by locking them out of by intentionally refusing to let them get her except for those who cheesed the promotion, or paid exorbitant fees to get a code from scalpers.
03/07/2018 02:56 AMPosted by Bobafett345
Except for those promotions where she was released after the twitch/prime one ended.

Those were completely independent of any other company and 100% internal to hearthstone (as in something actiblizz did themselves).

Based on what facts? Why assume you know the internal workings of things? Just to try and sound "in the know"? Or is it because you think making erroneous statements helps build your case to others who may also want to make assumptions?

03/07/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Tillael
the majority of your playerbase

Even if you took every person who has posted about it on here and any other site and added them all together, this statement would still be incorrect.

03/09/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Bobafett345
Free for the regions they deliberately discriminated against

I don't think this applies the way you wish it did.
Even if you took every person who has posted about it on here and any other site and added them all together, this statement would still be incorrect.

Add to it a lot of people who never wrote any message on this forum or other sites.

Oficially Tyrande was available for a small circle of countries (United States, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Belgium and Austria). Should I post a list of counries with a large amount of players in HS which were ignored?
03/06/2018 07:34 PMPosted by Jesse Hill
2. To let you guys know this has not fallen off the radar. I know it can feel like it has if something is left untouched for too long. While I do not have any new information to add, your feedback and concerns are heard by Team 5 and this matter is actively being discussed.

It's good that you haven't forgotten, I would just hope that any future chance of getting any alternate portrait (including Tyrande) is not as restricted as Tyrande has been so far. Outside the Twitch Prime thing she has only been available in China, which has prevented her from being available to a large portion of the playerbase.

And just a sidenote, the Chinese version of Hearthstone is not controlled directly by Blizzard, so the various promotions that go on there has nothing to do with Blizzard (other than implementing a way to run promotions).
02/28/2018 03:13 AMPosted by Bobafett345
A couple of mouse clicks, and a lot of legal litigation.

Not true. The fact that it was released after the promotion ended (more than once) proves this.

I'm in a country where there was the Twitch Prime promotion. Afterwards, I saw no other release promotion. If these promotions are in different countries, your point is not valid. When there is a business deal, especially between two companies, the rules are different depending on different countries or regions. Your statement is proof of nothing.

I told you before why they won't, and you read and ignored it. There is a lot of red tape inside the deal between Amazon and Blizzard.

Your lack of blue text seems to indicate your information isn't coming from inside actiblizz. Again, companies don't surrender the rights to their intellectual property (in this case, Tyrande , her likeness, etc) to be used only with the permission of a third party. The fact they released her multiple times after the promotion ended proves they can do this whenever they want to, at any time, in any region of their choosing.

You are correct, I am not from Blizzard. If I was, I would not be able to provide any information, just like Jesse Hill is not able to provide more information. My comments are speculation, your comments (although you are insistent that you are undeniably correct) are also speculation. The key here is what I am saying actually make a shred of sense while you make faulty assumptions and claim them as proof.

You make two assumptions here. They own Tyrande (character and image) and do not surrender it to a third party. This is true. They can release Tyrande whenever they want because they did release her in promotions. This is false.

Its the hero portrait itself, and not Tyrande in general that is tied up. Blizzard worked with Amazon to do an Amazon Prime deal. These deals are very often EXCLUSIVE (again, different rules for different countries, so don't say but they released her, it has no validity). Because it is EXCLUSIVE, they cannot release her in the way you want without significant effort.

What's more likely is what I have been saying all along: they have the ability to release Tyrande whenever and however they choose. They simply have decided not to.

Even the blues are telling you that you are wrong here. There are three possible ways Blizzard would not be able to release Tyrande.

1. Technological - We both agree this isn't the problem. If it were Blizzard would openly say it was a technological problem.

2. The don't feel like it - This is your claim. It is ridiculous. Blizzard is totally fine spending effort to make new heroes like Lunara, and give them out for free. They are not lazy, they do not want to spend time telling people they cannot have something if they don't have to, and they most certainly not say that they do want to release it when they simply don't want to. They would just ignore the thread.

3. Legal Issue - This makes the most sense. This was an exclusive business deal between two big companies (Amazon is one of the largest in the world remember). Since it is a business deal, Blizzard can't even talk about it, which is why they are very clearly saying no information. That in itself is a lot of information. They cannot say anything that may turn the complaints against Amazon as that would be a bad move for future partnerships. You also have to remember, if you are required to use Twitch Prime to get this Portrait, its really bad for to release it to everyone later. It will kill future partnership possibilities (and if you say but they released it in country Y again, you will prove you have no clue about how business works).
"Play nice, play fair" - this is the slogan of Blizzard.

Rewarded Tyrande to cheaters, who abused the location restrictions, and punished the committed customers who believed Blizzard's promise that Tyrande will be available in other regions soon, just be a little patient. 18 months is not a small release delay, and we even do not know when will this happen, if happen at all.
In my opinion this move neither nice, nor fair.

If we (in Europe, but also in other regions) would access Tyrande a few month later, that would have been met the promise given by Blizzard, and unlikely to lead these threads.

Reflecting to Doomtrain, probably some legal barriers could exist. But if this is the case, it is very likely that the company ignored its own core value in the deal, what the company wish to represent. Being that hypocrite is unlikely to contribute business success, whatever contract is about to blame.
Based on what facts?

The fact that there were multiple releases of Tyrande after the twitch promotion ended. This is public record. Trying to claim it didn't happen is like saying kripp isn't making hearthstone videos. Both claims would be demonstrably false and could be disproven by anyone who took a few seconds to do a basic internet search. Not to mention that those making either claim would be arguing in bad faith.

03/09/2018 10:50 PMPosted by IamJJ
I don't think this applies the way you wish it did.

I don't have to "wish" anything. This company, both with its individual members and as a corporation has more than once taken a stand that it is all about inclusiveness and diversity on a variety of social issues. Yet when they release their first new priest hero, an iconic character from warcraft, they intentionally chose to do so in a manner that excluded a majority of their playerbase (unless they obtained her by cheating, getting scalped to buy a code, etc). Knowing all of this beforehand, actiblizz chose to do so anyway and therefore intentionally chose to discriminate against a majority of their playerbase.

Afterwards, I saw no other release promotion. If these promotions are in different countries, your point is not valid. When there is a business deal, especially between two companies, the rules are different depending on different countries or regions. Your statement is proof of nothing.

So, we've entered the "I win, because reasons" part of the debate. I may as well reply "infinite I win" to shut you down. That's essentially what your reply amounts to. See comments to other poster about taking a few seconds to do a basic internet search.

Oh, and I almost forgot:

Infinite I win.
Upon reflection, one has to wonder:

Does "thread consolidation" have less to do with spam and reporting (which they can and do ignore at their prerogative), and more to do with the fact that multiple threads on a subject show that there is widespread support for an issue?

The comment was made that they "were bumped by the same one or two people," but if one did a quick look through those threads, you wouldn't see a ton of bumps from "the same one or two people," you would see new posters making inquiries about Tyrande and why there hasn't been any movement on this issue.

Trying to push this into one thread (especially one with no sticky) has all the hallmarks of trying to make it a topic that has little interest (one they seemingly hope sinks to the bottom of the forum and goes away), and is only confined to one thread, by their own admission. Sure, there is a blue post stating more benign purposes for "consolidating"...for now (which I am screen-shotting, just in case).
03/11/2018 03:26 AMPosted by Bobafett345
Infinite I win.

Oh, congrats on having Tyrande for winning, because if you are correct Blizzard will be releasing Tyrande immediately. Oh wait, they aren't? So Bobafett345 is incorrect? Yes? Hrrrm, I guess that there are real reasons Blizzard can't release Tyrande then.

I'm not going to say infinite, you lose. I would really like to see you and all other players get Tyrande. I'm just trying to help you understand why it is complicated as opposed to Blizzard just deciding to hate you for no reason.
03/20/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Doomtrain
deciding to hate you for no reason

I never said that. Try re-reading the post for comprehension, rather than to straw man. You're compounding a poor reasoned argument (which was thoroughly rebutted) with outright falsehood and strawmanning.

Please keep things on topic and honest.
03/20/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Bobafett345
Upon reflection, one has to wonder:

Does "thread consolidation" have less to do with spam and reporting (which they can and do ignore at their prerogative), and more to do with the fact that multiple threads on a subject show that there is widespread support for an issue?

The comment was made that they "were bumped by the same one or two people," but if one did a quick look through those threads, you wouldn't see a ton of bumps from "the same one or two people," you would see new posters making inquiries about Tyrande and why there hasn't been any movement on this issue.

Trying to push this into one thread (especially one with no sticky) has all the hallmarks of trying to make it a topic that has little interest (one they seemingly hope sinks to the bottom of the forum and goes away), and is only confined to one thread, by their own admission. Sure, there is a blue post stating more benign purposes for "consolidating"...for now (which I am screen-shotting, just in case).

I'd say your analysis is spot on. Here's an example:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20761958226

This is a topic I was posting in. While I did have a back and forth discussion with someone, the three latest posts were made 1 day later (after the topic had died down) by 3 different people. So I don't see how it's the same people bumping the topic, but whatever.

03/20/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Doomtrain
I'm not going to say infinite, you lose. I would really like to see you and all other players get Tyrande. I'm just trying to help you understand why it is complicated as opposed to Blizzard just deciding to hate you for no reason.

We all understand that it's complicated and that there are "real" reasons. Regardless, Blizzard has made a certain promise and statement that they should honor. Year of the Mammoth is coming to an end and they have yet to make good on what they already stated they would deliver. The initial purpose of this thread was to serve as a reminder, I don't think that Blizzard would give up getting player satisfaction (and even potential money should they choose to sell it) for no reason.

That doesn't change the fact that it's discriminatory and they deliberately entered into a deal that locked out a majority of their playerbase from an iconic warcraft character. As we've said earlier, nobody would care if it was a few shiny card packs or even some legendaries. But excluding an entire hero - especially one with relevance such as Tyrande - when it's the only priest hero, is a move that's bound to enrage any priest main who felt excluded from it.

The paragraph above is a factual stance of Blizzard and not my opinion. Therefore, arguing that it's not discriminatory is moot, since Blizzard themselves acknowledge that it is. Here are a few blue posts (reiterating the promises made) and confirming that they do, indeed, realize that they excluded a large part of their playerbase.

01/20/2017 12:30 PMPosted by Yong Woo
Thanks for the message simon and RoKa! I am a big fan of Priest as well, and I totally get why you’d be bummed that you can’t unlock Tyrande.

When we do special promotions, we want the people who participate to feel really special for being involved. At the same time, we totally acknowledge that people who can’t participate can feel really left out – especially if the reason for not being able to participate is out of their control (regional access restriction, or maybe they weren’t around when the event was happening, etc).

Given this, we are actively looking into ways to grant access to new Heroes and card backs that some players may have missed out on. We’ll make an announcement once our plans are solidified!

Will the past promotional heroes and card backs be available again?

We are looking for ways to give players another chance to get the promotional heroes and card backs. For example, Tyrande Whisperwind was not available worldwide, so we'd like to give another chance for players to get her again. So, we have a good news - we should be ready to bring some of them back in the Year of the Mammoth.

https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/1165/qa-session-with-producer-yong-woo-about-the-past-present-and-future-of-hearthstone
03/20/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Bobafett345
Please keep things on topic and honest.

Certainly.

If Blizzard can easily and immediately release Tyrande, and they say that they would like to, why don't they? Keep it honest now.
That doesn't change the fact that it's discriminatory and they deliberately entered into a deal that locked out a majority of their playerbase from an iconic warcraft character.

I agree with this. If they did enter into a deal with Amazon, it would have to be for some sort of monetary or marketing gain. To take this gain in a way that was exclusionary to a large player base is really crappy. I would like to see this hero released to a larger player base when they can, and to be more careful with this kind of exclusionary promotion. Exclusive is fine, exclusionary is not.
03/20/2018 09:56 PMPosted by Doomtrain
Certainly.

If Blizzard can easily and immediately release Tyrande, and they say that they would like to, why don't they? Keep it honest now.

You're moving the goal posts.

I'm referring specifically to you not being honest here.

But let's play this thought experiment out:

Stated reason: They "have no plans to re-release Tyrande at the present" (I believe that's the direct quote). I'm not sure which thread that one got posted on, it may have even been made on one of the deleted ones.

As evidenced by what took place after the twitch/prime promotion, they can and did release Tyrande afterwards (more than once), so they can and did release her any time they wanted (still can). Before you go there, see previous rebuttals to all points you raised about this.

Why they "have no plans?" Only they can answer that question, especially considering that Mr. Woo indicated that some would happen in the Year of The Mammoth, which has come and gone.

Lunar Festival would have been the perfect time for Tyrande to make her reappearance for every hearthstone player, worldwide...too bad the emphasis was on making a "blair witch, hearthstone edition" video.
03/20/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Bobafett345
You're moving the goal posts.

No, I'm putting the goal posts exactly where they belong.

12/11/2017 10:24 PMPosted by Bobafett345
12/11/2017 04:56 PMPosted by Doomtrain
Technologically, Blizzard can make this character available immediately and in a multitude of ways. The technology isn't the problem. The Twitch Prime promotion involves a second massive company, Amazon. There is a deal that was made (I'm theorizing), and in order to extend or add on to this deal it takes a lot of effort from both companies. Also, note that the different unlock methods for different regions is entirely based around this deal.

And if they hadn't made it available after the promotion ended, completely independent of BOTH companies involved in the promotion (as in, a 100% actiblizz hearthstone release), I might agree with you. However, they did and there is ZERO reason at this point for them to keep dragging their feet on this...except it seems they want this to fade from memory (along with the horrible nemsy fireside debacle) rather than go the extra mile to make it right.

In short, the ball in is in actiblizz's court...and they are refusing to do anything with it.

12/19/2017 02:17 AMPosted by Bobafett345
That, is the 60,000 dust question.

Every potential explanation for it has been debunked here. Promotions (plural) that have nothing to do with either of the initial companies have been done by Hearthstone (actiblizz) after the twitch/amazon thing was over. So it's not like they need to do any of this from scratch, or get anyone's permission at this point. As those other promotions showed, they could release Tyrande any time, any where they chose.

Why they won't is an absolute mystery.

My comment about Blizzard hating you was hyperbole based on these previous posts of yours.

You are being very misleading by trying to paint a picture that blizzard has no reason not to release Tyrande. They have a reason, stop being misleading. Also in staying on topic, the topic was about getting a release of Tyrande, which I hope they do. Implying that there is no reason not to release it is not going to convince Blizzard, the people we are actually trying to convince in the OP.

I'm simply trying to point out reasons why they wouldn't release it, and its extremely pertinent. If we know why they can't (and they can't tell us), we may be able to bring our voices elsewhere to convince the people needed to oil the gears on this thing.