why can't theme decks be viable in every class

Play Mode Discussion
I'll try to explain what I mean. I love playing Dragons, but I hate Priest and so..
I like Pirates but hate Warrior. So you get the theme of my post. Why can't Team 5 design theme cards that are viable for every class instead of just one. Dragons should not have a class preference imho and neither should pirates or murlocs etc.
Is there a reason for this that I am unaware of?
It's mostly so that each class gets to have an identity and we don't end up with each class feeling the same. Pirates are primarily flavored in Rogue and Warrior while Dragons is Paladin/Warrior/Priest. I could see doing Dragons in another class at some point, they are pretty cool.
because that would require almost all of them to be neutral cards.

Look at patches. how many aggro decks are playing 2 pirates + patches right now? basically all of them. now imagine that there are more supporting neutral pirates. mages with frostbolts and fireballs all of a sudden have an aggro package they can play.
10/22/2017 01:43 PMPosted by August Dean Ayala
It's mostly so that each class gets to have an identity and we don't end up with each class feeling the same. Pirates are primarily flavored in Rogue and Warrior while Dragons is Paladin/Warrior/Priest. I could see doing Dragons in another class at some point, they are pretty cool.

Dragon lore is found in every civilization since the beginning or time, shouldn't this dictate every class receiving sick drags?
I have a Dragon Mage deck I play and win with all the time. Also a Pirate Rogue and a Mech Warrior that's o.k.
It honestly just feels like there are so many dragons in the WoW universe that would fit perfectly into "non-dragon" classes.

Druids and green dragons have been working together to preserve the emerald dream for thousands and thousands of years. The green dragons all often have druid spells, and are clearly druid cards rather than neutrals. (Ysera being neutral is fine. My point is that dragon druid would totally work with the theme of the class, and a special druid dragon that put a new spin on how the class plays would be welcome.)

Shamans could have storm drakes. These dragons, while typical more aligned to themselves, constantly cast shaman spells and are completely covered in lightning. Dragon shaman is not out of the question either. Shaman does seem a bit overloaded (pun intended) on class themes right now, so I could easily see storm drakes as neutral, or even warrior class cards that gave everyone a chance to dabble in some of shaman's class tools. (Similar to that neutral 6 mana 5/5 that gives you a paladin card.)

It is a bit of a shame that priest, and paladin, which do not have a dragonflight that associated with them, are taking the bulk of the dragon cards. Meanwhile, Mage, Druid, Shaman, and to a lesser extent warlock (with the Fel, and netherwing dragonflights.) which all do have an associated dragon, get the shaft. It looks like priests get twilight, warrior gets red (which would fit better with priest/paladin themes) and paladin gets bronze. None of these themes work as well as malygos/spell blue dragons w/ mage, or nature guardian green dragons w/ druid.

I'd like to see dragon decks explored in other classes if they are ever explored again as a major tribe in hearthstone, rather than just giving dragon priest more tools to play with. (It is a fairly nauseating mirror match with all the secret agents coming through.)
Most of the recent Dragon additions have been neutral. Other than Drakonid OP, what's tying Dragons to Priests? Just this year we have:

Primordial Drake (neutral)
Cobalt Scalebane (neutral)
Bone Drake (neutral)
Sindragosa (Mage)

And that's with the slew of neutrals we have left over from other expansions as well. There's going to be a lot of them disappearing from Standard when the rotation hits next year, so I'd imagine we may see a more robust addition then. Until that point, probably just spot support here and there for that tribe.
10/22/2017 02:36 PMPosted by Euphoniumguy
It honestly just feels like there are so many dragons in the WoW universe that would fit perfectly into "non-dragon" classes.

Druids and green dragons have been working together to preserve the emerald dream for thousands and thousands of years. The green dragons all often have druid spells, and are clearly druid cards rather than neutrals. (Ysera being neutral is fine. My point is that dragon druid would totally work with the theme of the class, and a special druid dragon that put a new spin on how the class plays would be welcome.)

Shamans could have storm drakes. These dragons, while typical more aligned to themselves, constantly cast shaman spells and are completely covered in lightning. Dragon shaman is not out of the question either. Shaman does seem a bit overloaded (pun intended) on class themes right now, so I could easily see storm drakes as neutral, or even warrior class cards that gave everyone a chance to dabble in some of shaman's class tools. (Similar to that neutral 6 mana 5/5 that gives you a paladin card.)

It is a bit of a shame that priest, and paladin, which do not have a dragonflight that associated with them, are taking the bulk of the dragon cards. Meanwhile, Mage, Druid, Shaman, and to a lesser extent warlock (with the Fel, and netherwing dragonflights.) which all do have an associated dragon, get the shaft. It looks like priests get twilight, warrior gets red (which would fit better with priest/paladin themes) and paladin gets bronze. None of these themes work as well as malygos/spell blue dragons w/ mage, or nature guardian green dragons w/ druid.

I'd like to see dragon decks explored in other classes if they are ever explored again as a major tribe in hearthstone, rather than just giving dragon priest more tools to play with. (It is a fairly nauseating mirror match with all the secret agents coming through.)
I like this idea. it's very WoW Cata.
On the negative side - it's super fun when multiple classes are playing Pirates and a ton of games seem vitlrtually identical, let's have more of that kind of thing.
Metas, that is why.
10/22/2017 02:47 PMPosted by Wardrum
Most of the recent Dragon additions have been neutral. Other than Drakonid OP, what's tying Dragons to Priests? Just this year we have:

Primordial Drake (neutral)
Cobalt Scalebane (neutral)
Bone Drake (neutral)
Sindragosa (Mage)

And that's with the slew of neutrals we have left over from other expansions as well. There's going to be a lot of them disappearing from Standard when the rotation hits next year, so I'd imagine we may see a more robust addition then. Until that point, probably just spot support here and there for that tribe.

Dragonfire Potion
Do Paladins even have a single dragon card at the moment?
10/23/2017 10:55 AMPosted by Arzoo

I miss Dragon Pally...
10/23/2017 10:55 AMPosted by Arzoo

Nightbane templar.
Its... O.K. Sort of a 3 mana 4/5 with stats distributed poorly. Certainly not a card so ridiculously OP that it can support a tier 3 deck* (Check VS) 3 expansions later with only 1 card.
*Drakonid OP
Most dragon cards are neutral, it's not too hard to build a dragon deck

I have a dragon deck for each class. All very fun to play.
@MyDragon, it wouldn't be hard in the slightest to make Dragon cards for other classes. Shaman, Unlock your overloaded mana crystals. Druid, Ultimate Infestation. Mage, Discover a spell.

All those cards of course have already been printed, but they weren't Dragons.
To go a bit furthur with this line of thinking, I am often stuck with quests like Murlocs or pirates and because I do not have cards for say, warrior and shaman I am forced to play pretty wanky decks that take forever to manage quest completion.
To me, this game would be alot more fun if every class were able to build theme decks around neutral characters like Dragons, murlocs, pirates, etc.
Of course One class would naturally be better at running these than others but that seems fine. I just wish this were a viable choice for every class. For instance, as it stands a Dragon mage is crappy. Some players run it for laughs, but almost no one does in standard because it's weak. And it's pretty much impossible to run say a pirate or murloc priest. I would love to see this game become more encouraging of decks that break the stale archetypes and allow for players to play what they like with a reasonable chance as opposed to always being forced to play the one preferred class in order to use a theme deck.
paladins play dragons?
wut?
11/17/2017 09:20 AMPosted by Rainfall
paladins play dragons?
wut?

There used to be a pretty effective Dragon Paladin deck when Dragon Consort, Twilight Guardian, Blackwing Corruptor, and Blackwing Technician were still in Standard.
10/22/2017 01:43 PMPosted by August Dean Ayala

I think what you meant, is dragons are for priest, and warrior + paladin is just there to say you did.